Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:

Quote:

j/c

I was talking last night with a good friend - and fellow Browns fan - and we were discussing DQ.

I commented that I thought DQ looks too small to be effective in the middle. Maybe that is because he WAS to small to be in the middle in the 3-4.

But now in the 4-3, he STILL looks/seems-to-play too small.

We agree that he has excellent speed and pursuit and when he gets to the ball, the carrier goes down.

I have high hopes for DQ in this defense...we NEED him to be a good LB.

I am curious what others think about DQ in the middle vs DQ on the outside. I'm no Xs & Os expert but I continue to beleive that he does not have enough caboose to play in the middle - even in the 4-3.

Opinions?

Does 1 inch in height and 10 lbs mean that much.. cause if they don't, then add that 1 inch and those 10 lbs and you have Ray Lewis..

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/People/Players/Roster/Ray_Lewis.aspx

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/roster/D'Qwell-Jackson/f8eefd84-1922-43d0-8735-d90d06f8311b

DQ has the size,, he has the speed... is he Ray Lewis,, I don't believe he is. But size isn't the reason that he's not Lewis.

I don't know...maybe that 10 pounds on a professional athlete does make a difference.

I would say that regardless of height and weight measurements reported by the teams, DQ looks to be considerably smaller than Lewis...and he plays smaller as well.

I'm not saying that size is the reason why DQ does not = Lewis. I agree with the poster above that there is a chasm of difference between the two that includes the players around them and the team and coaches/schemes they have been in throughout their careers.

I want DQ to be successful, I'm just wondering if MLB is his best spot.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

BUT does he have Ray's 'Killer' instincts?

No, I really don't think he does, nor have I seen him demonstrate any of Rays leadership ability.

But that's not what was discussed.. The discussion was about physical size and they are damn near identical.

And there are probably a thousand players out of football who never got a chance who have the same size ......

Absolutly.. Size of the man isn't the key.. Important,, you bet, but all the size in the world don't mean squat if you ain't got it between the ears.

DQ is a smart kid.. DQ has the size (which was the question) but does he have the leadership skills, the killer instinct.. Does he have the ability to get the very best out of his teammates?

I really don't know.. I think we're going to find out this year.. NOTHING would make me happier than finding out that he has all those skills...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
FL_Dawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
DQ is the 'only' LBer I do not have questions about. Fujita is a heady player, but he is long in tooth and is slow for a 43 LBer.

Next years Draft thyme is without a doubt. LBer, Safety and RT.

[Linked Image]

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

BUT does he have Ray's 'Killer' instincts?

are you referring to his ability to 'cut'?
or his ability to 'knife' through the blocking?

I'll take a stab at this......he'll be good any way you slice it.

He did use the lockout to sharpen his skills.

just because it fits so perfectly. apparently Ray Lewis now schools Raven rookie players on how to handle a knife fight:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdow...?urn=nfl-wp5901

#gmstrong
A
All Pro
All Pro
A
Quote:

Titus Brown, seems to be making a case for himself as the air parent to the MLB position and is the buzz of the town right now.

If he can be a factor there, should we maybe flirt with the possibility of moving DQ Jackson over to the WIL?

Is Brown one of our 3 best LBers?

To this point Gocong is still the mystery man of the LBing crew? Maiava we think can cover in the nickel and still is a valuable asset.

Brain Smith could be a keeper if he can continue to build off of last week. Certainly he needs to shine on ST’s.

Are we better off at LBer then we appeared to be on paper?

Titus looks impressive because we have such crappy lbers. Now with his high ankle sprain and GoCong in the Tub we get to see how little depth or talent we have. more dumpster diving ahead for herock.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Titus looks impressive because we have such crappy lbers.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Line Backer debate

Link Copied to Clipboard