Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

It you rewatch the scene over, someone's leg falls from the ceiling as Gus drops. Funny.

Ha ha, good eye. Just watched again, I didn't noticed that the first time around.

At the final scene with Jesse and Walt at the parking garage. It panned to a camera view from inside the garage. Was that supposed to be someone watching them? Or am I reading something into nothing?

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I think that was Gus' parked car from the previous sode. I think they were at the hospital and parked on the highest level. So when he drove down, he passed the car he tried blowing up previously.

...I think.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
C
Legend
Legend
C
I forgot all about the fact that the Mexican Cartel didn't kill Gus because, "They knew who he really was."

I think next season we find out who he really was.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Welp, Season 5 starts July 15th. Anyone else excited?

I just rewatched seasons 1 through 4 in the past 10 days (AMC is re-airing 3-4 per night very late - I DVR'd the whole thing).

I've heard that Season 5 is going to get very dark and violent. Can't wait.

Predictions for season 5?

- I think Walt goes full Scarface. He'll attempt to be the new Gus (mean, ruthless, powerfull drug lord on the inside and appear to be a calm, squeaky clean guy on the outside).
- Jesse finds out about the Lilly of the Valley storyline at some point, maybe during Season 5B (next year).
- Hank gets back into the DEA because they find out he was right about Gus...and he and Walt go toe-2-toe for most of the season.
- Walt ends up using the super lab in Mexico. I don't see him building a lab underneath his own car wash. Too obvious.
- Ted Benneke becomes a zombie
- Walt ends up in the witness protection program as Hal in Malcom in the Middle.

Ok, the last two are fake.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I am PUMPED. At least once a week I wish they would surprise us and say there are really 3 whole seasons left.

Only prediction I make is that Jesse somehow finds out just how far Walt has gone to stay alive and get his way.

Weird. This is in the 'Lot', not 'Everything Else.'

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I am PUMPED. This is my favorite show on TV.

I too think Walt will try to be the new Gus.

Love your last two fake ones. Hal as his witness protection alias - LMAO

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Weird. This is in the 'Lot', not 'Everything Else.'

I added on to the Season 4 thread from last year. I'll ask someone to rename and move this thread. I don't really want to lose all the Season 4 talk.

Spoiler Alert!

In watching every episode again recently, I wanted to list my top 10 moments/storylines:
1. "Run" …still the most shocked I've ever been while watching TV
2. "6353 Juan Tabo, Apartment 6...Yeah.", the look on Mike's face, & then Jesse's action before the screen goes black...#amazing
3. Jesse's speech in "Problem Dog"…still gives me the chills
4. "I am the danger" & "I am the one who knocks"…Come on, that's Scarface 101
5. The whole "Lilly of the Valley" storyline. Walt manipulates every angle to pull off the craziest trap ever. I could probably break this out into 7 separate favorites - though I didn't really care for the gratuitous way they showed Gus at the end. I suppose they were trying to make an iconic finish to one of the greatest TV villains of all time, plus BB has had a history of pushing the graphic violence line, but I think the moment would have been more with less. Oh well, I’m being picky.
6. Gus poisoning the Cartel and himself...and then taking the time to fold his jacket and pad his knees before giving back to the toilet. #BaddestManOnThePlanet (oh Gus, how I'll miss you).
7. The opening scene in Season 1. Talk about hooking the viewer right away. An underwear’d Walt, next to a busted up RV and pointing a gun with sirens coming.
8. Hank versus the Cartel twins in the parking lot. (I was quite nervous...I was SURE Hank was done). And a side note, great work by Gus to work both sides to hurt Hank, the twins and the whole Cartel.
9. Box Cutter. The great Stan Lee said it best, “Nuff said”
10. "Yeah Science"

Honorable mention – Any scene with Saul Goodman. I would bet he wasn’t going to last long on the show but his delivery and chemistry made him a full cast member.

[Linked Image]

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
SPOILER WARNING

I'd add Walt just standing by while Jesse's girlfriend choked to death in there for sure.

"RUN", Gus's pool-side poisoning spree, Hank vs the twins, & Gus's demise (ding ding ding) are all at the top of my list.

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
J/C

Just watched all 4 seasons the past couple weeks. Awesome show.

Prediction: We find out Gus wasn't 'the guy', but whoever runs the "German conglomerate" really is, and Walt and Jesse will have to deal with them.

Mike is on board with Walt and Jesse.

Side note: I hope they don't go forward with the Walt poisoning Brock story line. I hope they leave it be, just like they did with Walt watching what's her face die

Wise words spoken by sages
From SkyTel to BlackBerry pagers
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
KINDA SPOILERISH

Also, I think either Hank will be on to Walt eventually OR, he'll remain oblivious that Walt is Heisenburg but Walt USES him to bust someone else. Frame job . . .

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I would say....Walt has to die by the end. He starts off as a sympathetic character and will eventually become someone we all want dead. Come on, look at the three things he does during the "Lilly of the Valley" storyline alone:

Spoilers

- He poisons a kid....who could have died
- He calls his neighbor to check his house KNOWING it could be booby trapped (or next worse, the two gunmen kill the neighbor by accident)
- He rigs a bomb in a nursing home. That could have killed more than just the three bad guys.

(not to mention shooting two of Gus' henchmen at the lab)

I think he'll eventually push away or destroy every relationship he has to "keep his turf". He's had multiple opportunities to lay low and let this all go away but he couldn't help himself.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yeah can't wait, only downfall is they're taking the dreaded midseason break from September 2nd until sometime in 2013. Presumably and hopefully January.

But at least we've got 8 episodes for the Summer.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
I've got season 1-4 on Queue at NetFlix, I plan to watch one a day while I start my new exercise program on the eliptical machine.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Wow, all 4 are on there? I'll have to tell my friends who I'm STILL trying to get to watch . . .

If you're watching for the first time, Frenchy, I'm truly envious. I got to watch Sopranos all the way through and could never imagine what it was like waiting for a new season to show up . . .

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
I even Queued season 5 whenever it comes available.

I've kinda stayed away from reading this thread, I have no clue what this series is even about. After I finish Breaking Bad, I will be looking for recomendations for other series.

Oh by the way, since I'm just starting it might take a few days an episode. Hit 10 minutes on the eliptical and was done. Kinda out of shape, gonna take a feww weeks to get up to speed.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Is it all available STREAMING or do you have to have some discs mailed?

The Wire, Sopranos, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, The Killing, Sons of Anarchy, Justified, The Shield, Fringe . . . .

Everybody acts like Mad Men is the best thing ever, but I still haven't checked it out.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Sons of Anarchy, Justified, The Shield watched these all. The Sopranos maybe 2 or 3 episodes total, heard great things about it.

Not sure on the streaming, I'm planning on doing the dvd's, dvd player hooked up to old TV in basement for exercising.

B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Quote:

Prediction: We find out Gus wasn't 'the guy', but whoever runs the "German conglomerate" really is, and Walt and Jesse will have to deal with them.

Living in Albq, we here a few stray rumors about the content of the show. I heard a really good one about this subject. Since its a rumor....I'm very shy to say something about it publicly. PM me if your curious. I trust the source. Just dont want to look like a fool if I'm wrong

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It could also be a spoiler so thanks for keeping it to PM's.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
1 week to go!

B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Less than 100 minutes till the premiere-

Just wanted to bounce out there a few questions for the last season I want to see what happens with. Duh spoilers if your not caught up!

In season 4 when we go back in time and see Gus's "partner" at the time get shot, and they stand over Gus and tell him "The only reason your not dead is because of who you are and where you come from." What does that mean?

When Hank interviews Gus about Gales murder, was I the only one who thought the higher ups in APD and the DEA kinda looked at each other, and dismissed Gus a little quick? Are they on Gus's payroll?

The obvious question is what happens to Walt and Jesse. Who lives and who dies.

Vince Gilligan has spun this story with a million ways to go and make it interesting. Anything is possible. Can't wait

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I'm out of town without access to AMC - hopefully my SlingBox doesn't let me down! 60 minutes to go.....

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

In season 4 when we go back in time and see Gus's "partner" at the time get shot, and they stand over Gus and tell him "The only reason your not dead is because of who you are and where you come from." What does that mean?

In the season finale podcast Vince and his crew hinted on a bunch of this. He was telling the story about how he told Giancarlo that Gus was going to die, that it was really hard. But he said something like, "don't worry, we'll have you back a few times in season 5. We're not done with you."

In the same podcast, one of Vince's cronies paused and said "partner" in an odd way. I would be willing to bet anything they were "life partners".

As for where Gus came from, oh hellz yes we'll find out more about his evil, deadly past. Even the DEA were saying that it was odd this guy came out of nowhere. I bet someone from Gus's past will be popping up (maybe too obvious, but we'll see).

Quote:

When Hank interviews Gus about Gales murder, was I the only one who thought the higher ups in APD and the DEA kinda looked at each other, and dismissed Gus a little quick? Are they on Gus's payroll?

I thought the same thing. They were all so quick to turn Hank down. I would bet Walt gets a call for a meeting with one of the DEA guys once he starts cooking again (and he will). The DEA will want a cut of Walt's action.

And oh yeah, the Cartel won't give up. I know, all the Cartel is dead.....but there will be a new family that replaces Don Julio (right?)

Quote:

The obvious question is what happens to Walt and Jesse. Who lives and who dies.

I think one stays alive, and it ain't Walt. I think he has to die. Cancer? In a drug deal? By Jesse's hand? By Skyler's hand? By Hank's hand?

Remember, Vince said many times, "Walt is going from Mr's Chips to Scarface in the series." Al Pacino died one of the most memorable deaths in cinema history....and I don't doubt Vince will try to make his own history with Walt's death too.

Can't wait.

[Linked Image]

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
YEAH, MAGNETS B****!!!!

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

YEAH, MAGNETS B****!!!!

Good first episode!

#gmstrong
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Questions answered right off the bat! Amazing episode. Hit the ground running.

We subtly learned a lot about the future. The Cancer is back, Walt is set for Armageddon. Who's he afraid of? I'm telling ya, there is a mystery man on the horizon. Los Pollos Hermanos means the Chicken BROTHERS. I don't think his dead partner was his brother. And with the Police probably now tracking those Caimen Bank Accounts, somebodies gonna be looking for that money.

WIll Skyler kill her ex-lover?

One week from more answers...

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
I'm trying to get through seasons 1-4, I'm at season 2 episode 5, Netflix is sending them as fast as I can watch 1 DVD at a time.

O
Legend
Legend
O
FRENCHY:

You can catch up on all the past episodes here online:

Site

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
thanks, what kind of site is this, I've been in trouble with my internet provider for downloading stuff before.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

We subtly learned a lot about the future. The Cancer is back, Walt is set for Armageddon. Who's he afraid of? I'm telling ya, there is a mystery man on the horizon.

I love flash forwards.

Also looks like his family is either dead or have separated themselves entirely from him. He was having a pity celebration for himself for his 52nd birthday, something he wouldn't do unless his family was out of the picture.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

thanks, what kind of site is this, I've been in trouble with my internet provider for downloading stuff before.

Swith to Netflix instant stream for a month, all 4 seasons are on instant stream.

Eat it Phil...
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Think I'll do that after work tonight

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Quote:

Quote:

Swith to Netflix instant stream for a month, all 4 seasons are on instant stream.

Switched to the stream last night, I've watched 7 episodes from season 2, gonna get through the rest of season 2 and season 3 today and late into the night.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Once you start watching season 3 you wont stop for awhile.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Gotta go to bed, season 3, episode 6.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Well I just finished streaming seasons 1 - 4, gonna watch the first 2 episodes of season 5 tonight.

As for series what would you recommend as the next TV show to catch up on? I've already seen all the episodes of Justified, Oz, Lost, Sons of Anarchy, Shield, Physch, Monk, Suits, Necesarry Roughness.

I was kinda thinking about Rescue Me, Sopranos, Arrested Development, or Weeds.

B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Who is Lydia? Discuss

C
All Pro
All Pro
C
Lydia works for Madrigal Electromotive GmbH which is the parent company of the franchises Los Pollos Hermanos. Gus owned many of those franchises. This company is based in Germany and is also able to create and ship the big air filtration systems needed to successfully make meth in heavily populated areas. This stuff all came out when Hank was investigating the operation and nobody would listen.

I'm glad Mike is on board!!!! Looking forward to next week already.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have to admit I fist pumped when Mike called Walt to reconsider his offer.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Well I just finished streaming seasons 1 - 4, gonna watch the first 2 episodes of season 5 tonight.

As for series what would you recommend as the next TV show to catch up on? I've already seen all the episodes of Justified, Oz, Lost, Sons of Anarchy, Shield, Physch, Monk, Suits, Necesarry Roughness.

I was kinda thinking about Rescue Me, Sopranos, Arrested Development, or Weeds.

Dexter, Boardwalk Empire, American Horror Story, The League, Game of Thrones, and Shameless.

Weeds was great the first 3 seasons, and just about everyone liked the sopranos.

Last edited by Psydeffect; 07/23/12 07:36 AM.
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Breaking Bad - Seasons 4+

Link Copied to Clipboard