Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
It's funny, I don't think Walt said anything wrong there. The planes weren't full and it was only the 50th worst plane disaster ever. His point, most in that gym don't remember any of the top 50, people moved before and they'll move on after this one too. It might not be what the crowd was expecting to hear, but it was logical I suppose.

As for the other scene's being mentioned, I think there is a certain amount of believablilty in all of them. I don't know for certain if the magnet thing could or couldn't happen. I listened to the after show podcast with Vince and he said they brought it a few science and electrical experts to work out the kinks. Maybe they Hollywood'd it up a bit, but there is a element of truth to it. I accepted it. What we need is the Mythbusters to test it.

The "too easy" axe scene, well, they went to great lengths to show how ruthless and violent the men were. How many times did we see them kill people in horrific ways? While not very smart, he wanted to punish Hank for chopping his brothers legs off. Typical bad guy over confidence. At least they didn't have the shot brother fly 20 feet in the air with the force of the bullet and land on the car behind him (which is very typical in movies).

I'm usually a pretty picky guy when it comes to this kind of stuff, I haven't really been too upset about much of anything in BB. The only thing I didn't like was having Gus walk out with half his face off and straighten his tie. That would work in a campy B-move horror movie, not when the other two people in the room were blown to bits. But I accept they wanted to send one of the best TV villians out in a very memorable way, even through it would have been more practical to just see his torso on the ground with his arm trying to fix his tie for a split second. Meh, it's TV entertainment.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
At this point, I think Jesse's a dead man.

Walt always takes on characteristics of people that he kills. He started taking the crusts off his sandwiches after he killed Crazy 8, took his drinks on the rocks after he killed Mike, neatly lays down a towel to puke after Gus, etc., etc.

Now in the flash forwards, he's wearing a green army jacket and giving away money.

C
Legend
Legend
C
He also took Lambert as his last name in the flash forwards -- Skyler's maiden name.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Nice catch.

I'm wondering if we finally see Jesse and Junior together next week?

The house clearly doesn't burn, so something has to stop him from torching the place in a rage.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
As another Skyler example: He makes his age out of bacon on his birthday like she does for him.

I don't remember Walt giving away money in any flash forwards. When does that happen?

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I don't remember Walt giving away money in any flash forwards. When does that happen?

Perhaps 'giving away' is the wrong term, but he leaves $100 for his Denny's waitress.

I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Quote:

Quote:

Perhaps 'giving away' is the wrong term, but he leaves $100 for his Denny's waitress.

That was probably his lowest denomination of bill!

I've read some of the easter egg blogs. Yes, it is true how Walt takes on little bits of those he "offs". Before reading those blogs I picked it up when Walt changed his ice habits in his drinks. Then I started looking for them after reading blogs. Gus traits are pretty obvious. He shows more Mike when he becomes the cleaner and "cleans" the 10 guys in prison. The future 52 bacon (Skyler) and the jacket (Jesse) are interesting and possible teasers. I think I would only buy the jacket one. Jess has to have a showdown with Walt. I just can't see Walt doing anything to harm Skyler since it is his family that is the sole reason for him to allow himself to get into this mess.

Just throwing some of this end game out there.

Putting myself in the writers place.. If Walt has to be killed in the writer's eyes, I don't see how Hank can be the one to kill Walt. Its the obvious choice and an easy way out. It needs to be someone else with some sort of moral reason (ie Skyler finds out about Drew Sharp coupled with Walt having Hank on the wrong end of a gun or Jesse finds out about Jane or...???) or just a plain casualty of the business (Lydia / Todd).

We know that in the future he has an M60 or similar and gets the Ricin. He is ready for a good fight. The neighbor is shocked by his existence. Maybe someone hit it on the head earlier and he is in witness protection or has been part of a ruse to make it look like he is dead. Maybe he and Hank come to terms after the confession or something brings them together (Lydia / Todd does something to the family or kills Hanks only witness in Jesse...or Walt makes it look that way!!). He helps Hank go after the "new owners" of Heisenburg's business by concocting a story line completely around them being the kingpins all along that covers everyone (including Hank) involved.

I think Jesse goes deep six in this show in some way just as he gets out from his personal Hell.

I just hope it doesn't end with a Soprano ending.

“Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family.” -AOC
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I think Jesse goes deep six in this show in some way just as he gets out from his personal Hell.

I've come to love that kid, and the most fitting thing would be for him to be his own moral agent. It's weird to say this, but I hope he kills himself.

Also - and this sounds crazy, but bear with me - every single major character on this show has 'broken bad' with the exception of one.

Quote:

I just hope it doesn't end with a Soprano ending.

I loved The Sopranos ending, but I don't see anything like that happening here.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Also - and this sounds crazy, but bear with me - every single major character on this show has 'broken bad' with the exception of one.

So the only one left standing is Holly?

------------------------------
*In Baker we trust*
-------------------------------
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

So dead on.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
That's hilarious.

How much I HATE Dexter now is a topic for another thread. Just . . . riding it out.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I was out on Dexter after the Julia Stiles season. That show is straight up crap.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

That's hilarious.

How much I HATE Dexter now is a topic for another thread. Just . . . riding it out.

I do the same.

Not sure why. But I do.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have no problem being the uncool guy and saying I still like Dexter.

It's fallen off in recent seasons but I still like it.

But being the big fan boy I do have to admit, Dexter stalking the brain surgeon right outside of the diner window in a bright blue shirt was pretty pathetic.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread....

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I have no problem being the uncool guy and saying I still like Dexter.

It's fallen off in recent seasons but I still like it.

But being the big fan boy I do have to admit, Dexter stalking the brain surgeon right outside of the diner window in a bright blue shirt was pretty pathetic.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread....

I don't think there's anything wrong with liking it.

Personally, I think the quality dropped immensely a long time ago, and now it's more of an exercise in laughably cheesy B-Television than gripping drama, but, hey...I still watch, don't I?

I'm usually quick to walk away from shows when the time has come, but for some reason I'm riding Dexter out.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I was out on Dexter after the Julia Stiles season. That show is straight up crap.

It's been laughably bad since the start of Season 5. Though I think that 4 is a bit overrated, writing-wise. I enjoyed it a lot, and while very gripping, if you remove a masterful performance from John Lithgow, and a great twist, there's a lot of useless poorly written crap in there. The reporter didn't even need to exist, and Quinn cannot act to save his life. He's like a New Kids on the Block reject.

Since then, Dexter has always believed that bombshell cliffhangers can make up for their lazy crap. It's actually really effective from a business standpoint.

My new favorite is whenever Dexter says 'I can't, I've got my kid tonight' like it's a weekly chore. I wonder what he pays Legs to raise his kid for roughly 100 hours a week?

And I don't know how they made me dislike Batista, but they did. "Your friend has been brutally murdered. Why don't you come in and take a look at the body?"

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Quote:

And I don't know how they made me dislike Batista, but they did. "Your friend has been brutally murdered. Why don't you come in and take a look at the body?"

***Youh fwiend has been bwutally muhduhed"

I still watch dexter but pretty reluctantly. I got the receptionist downstairs into it a few days ago and she is already on season 4. Didn't have the heart to make it clear how bad the seasons beyond 1-2-4 are

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

My new favorite is whenever Dexter says 'I can't, I've got my kid tonight' like it's a weekly chore. I wonder what he pays Legs to raise his kid for roughly 100 hours a week?

I still watch the show as well, although not lately, TWC and ShowTime are having a standoff. I'm still entertained by Dexter enough to spend an hour of my time to watch. At this point, I feel I am too far vested into the show to quit watching.

Having said that, I have the same thoughts as you on the nanny. How does he afford her pay? Along with the $80K- $100K boat? Also, the apartment overlooking the water? Small space, but well appointed. Did he inherit a sum of money when Harry or his mom passed?

I suppose I'm better off just trying to enjoy the show for what it is, as opposed to overanalyzing the "details."

As far as Breaking Bad, I just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Legend
Legend
Old Yeller is getting sent to Belize.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Sure would love to read any and/or all of this thread but....................

"I JUST PURCHASED THE ENTIRE 1ST SEASON ON BLUE RAY"!!!!!!!!!!

I have a lot of catching up to do!

Seasons 2, 3, 4, 1/2 of 5 are near future purchases.

Can't wait!

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Another crazy episode.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Walt's unwavering affection for Jesse might be coming back to haunt him.

I always felt Walt viewed Jesse in some ways as the son he could have had...due to Walt Jr's handicap.

On a side note, I think it was PDR or cfr that brought up Walt taking on the personality of those he kills. Really perceptive. Started discussing that at work with some others that watch the show and brought up the flash forward of the bacon at age 52...maybe as a sign that he had killed Skyler. Someone reminded me that Walt had made the 51 himself halfway through the series. Just a twist in the whole taking on the personality thing. Don't know waht any of it means or where this is going.

He also did the Gus knee thing again this episode.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Another crazy episode.

It was an episode where A LOT happened without much action.

Kinda creepy and fun to hear Skyler put a hit on Jesse (very Mother Soprano of her - since Jesse is kind of the son Walt doesn't have, as Rishuz just said). Her comment felt like an early S1/S2 Walt comment/action. She's lied and laundered money, but never wanted violence. She deserves to go down now. I don't want a happy ending for her.

Well, I don't really want a happy ending for anyone. I know some want Jesse to make it out okay, but he deserves to die or rot in prison. He murdered Gale, witnessed the Drew Sharpe murder, robbed a train, manufactured and sold tons of meth and is now a rat. I still like him as a character, but he should pay for all of that. And who knows what else is coming from him. I have a feeling he's going to attack Walt's family to get back at him.

And the Hank storyline, Gomez just shows up and all that "Hank can't go to the DEA because his career will be over" is all gone. Kind of rushed and unexplained, but whatever. I would have liked to see and hear the conversation between Hank and Gomez.

What's really scary, there's only 4 sodes left and we still have to deal with everything after the flash forward. Maybe the last or 2nd to last episode picks up at the flash forward, that would mean all hell breaks loose in the next 2-3 sundays. IMO, the flash forward will be the last two sodes.

As for predictions, wow, I don't know what to even say or if I want to say it. Don't read if you don't like this sorta stuff.

Prediction Spoiler Warning: I'm wondering if Walt fakes his own death to avoid Jesse, Hank and the DEA but is forced to come out of hiding to save Jesse because Todd's uncle captures him and forces him to cook because Todd can't handle the operation. I don't have a theory on Skyler and the family but maybe they die or run after Jesse puts his own plan in motion. I don't know, just shooting ideas out. I think most will die or be in very bad shape (prison or forced into hiding).

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
C
Legend
Legend
C
I think everyone dies besides Walt.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Quote:

I think everyone dies besides Walt.

I hope so. That would make me a happy camper.

Aside from poisoning Brock (non-fatally) I don't see what he has done that was so bad. Everyone he has harmed was knowingly in the meth business in some capacity. Aside from his fat adulterous wife and kids who had some emotional backlash...arguably less had they ended up paupers as he died from cancer.

I'm a fan of the rags to riches self-made man

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Well, I don't really want a happy ending for anyone. I know some want Jesse to make it out okay, but he deserves to die or rot in prison. He murdered Gale, witnessed the Drew Sharpe murder, robbed a train, manufactured and sold tons of meth and is now a rat. I still like him as a character, but he should pay for all of that. And who knows what else is coming from him. I have a feeling he's going to attack Walt's family to get back at him.

Mentally, he's already paid (and continues to).

I kind of want Jesse to take his own life. He can never be happy, and I'd like to see him be his own moral agent.

I don't think he would hurt Walt's family. He said he's going to hit him where he lives. If Jesse understands Walt, and I think he does better than anyone, then he knows what's most important to Walt is his ego and his reputation, not his family.

C
Legend
Legend
C
You could put partial blame on him for the plane crash.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Aside from poisoning Brock (non-fatally) I don't see what he has done that was so bad. Everyone he has harmed was knowingly in the meth business in some capacity.

He did watch a young girl die. And was an accessory to the murder of a child.

And innocent people died when he blew up the laundromat, IIRC. Hank threw it in his face.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I don't think anyone died at the laundromat. Remember they hit the alarm and yelled at everyone to leave?

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
I'll have to go back and check, but I could swear that when Hank and Walt have their show down in the garage, Hank talks about the innocents killed in the explosion.

Could be wrong, though.

EDIT: Went through that scene, and didn't see it, actually. Guess I was wrong. Must've invented it in my head.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Aside from his fat adulterous wife...

#1 - She was pregnant for most of the beginning of the series
#2 - She had just had a baby and dealing with the stress of having a cancer-strikened meth cook for a husband, forgive her for not finding time for a treadmill
#3 - She looks amazing now (and in this season). Check out this image from Comic Con 2013.

But anyway...

Walt's destructive ways have mostly been targeted to people in the industry, you're right, but that doesn't mean murdering people involved in the industry is okay.

Walt has blood on his hands from:

Emilio - Poisoned by phosphine gas
Krazy 8 - Strangled to death
Jane - Asphyxiated on her own vomit (while not a killing, he lost his soul there)
Gus's dealers - Run over with a van and then shot once in the head
Gale - "forced" Jesse to kill Gale
Gus and Tyrus - Pipe bomb. Not sure if you can include Tio, that was more of a suicide
Two lab guards - Shot with gun
Drew Sharp - While Todd pulled the trigger, he did dispose of the body
Mike - Shot in a jealous rage
Mike 10 guys - Order and paid for their hits

List of Breaking Bad Deaths

They have Walt list as having 7 deaths and 16 second-hand deaths.

Not to mention, poisoning a little kid that could have died AND asking his nice neighbor, not Carol, to check if the stove was on when he KNEW Gus's guys were waiting in the house to kill him (which could have ended up badly). And planned to blackmail Hank calling him the mastermind of the meth empire. AND cooking tons of meth that has poisoned and ruined countless familes and lives.

So yeah, he's a bad dude.

And yet, I still kinda want the guy to win...but he can't. He has to die in my opinion (or end up alone and very sick).

[Linked Image]

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I dont see Walt leaving his family unless he dies, or they do. I could see him calling the guy and giving them a fresh start leaving him to cleanup his mess, or take the fall. I hate to try to make predictions though. This show seems to always find a way to surprise me. Im going to miss them when they are gone. I havent felt this invested in a show and its characters since the Sopranos.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

What's making Jesse unlikeable for me is the constant crying all the time. I understand he's feeling a lot of guilt, but it's becoming cringe worthy when it's happening in almost every scene he's in.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
I dunno...it fits for the character.

As for the end...they've been pretty heavy-handed with the Ozymandias references. In that regard, I think a fitting end to the show would be a shot of the desert, wind whistling, sand blowing, and we see the tip of a black barrel.

In the end, it was all pointless.

I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Quote:

Aside from poisoning Brock (non-fatally) I don't see what he has done that was so bad.

I agree....sans killing a few people and cooking thousands of pounds of addictive 96%+ pure Crystal Blue. No bad guy here.

“Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family.” -AOC
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

Aside from poisoning Brock (non-fatally) I don't see what he has done that was so bad.

I agree....sans killing a few people and cooking thousands of pounds of addictive 96%+ pure Crystal Blue. No bad guy here.

Walt would be very angry to hear you say that.

Jesse and Gale cook at 96%. Walt is 99% or higher.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
I don't really care about drug production...someone is going to do it. And like Walt said, his stuff is pure and safe.

And to my knowledge besides Brock he hasn't harmed anyone working outside the industry. Aside from some emotional damage to his kids, and quite a bit to his wife. Drew Sharp to some extent but that was entirely on Todd in my mind. I view it as an amoral sphere of society.

He hasn't done enough for me to think he deserves punishment...the writers talk about how people think Walt needs to pay for his crimes and I never see it that way.

I hope he gets away and kills anyone who tries to stop him.

I may be a bit amoral

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
He lets Jesse's girlfriend dies right in front of him.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Drew Sharp to some extent but that was entirely on Todd in my mind.

...except for the part where Walt dissolved the kid in acid.

Which occurred as a result of a multimillion dollar robbery, orchestrated by Walt.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Drew Sharp to some extent but that was entirely on Todd in my mind.

...except for the part where Walt dissolved the kid in acid.

Which occurred as a result of a multimillion dollar robbery, orchestrated by Walt.

Well, to be fair, it was Jesse's idea. One of his best. LINK

Lydia offered the initial idea of robbing the train but Jesse came up with the special plan to avoid killing the train conductors. Oddly enough, the plan ended with a death anyway (which might be the 2nd most stunned I've been within this series. I had nightmares all evening).

Poisoning Brock by itself is enough for me to want Walt dead. He deserves it for that. Don't get me wrong, I'm a card-carrying member of #TeamWalt, but that act was truly awful.

[Linked Image]

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Breaking Bad - Seasons 4+

Link Copied to Clipboard