Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Haha season 3 since saturday. If you keep up that pace you might be caught up by the time the last episode airs.

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
no...computer

"It has to start somewhere
It has to start somehow
What better place than here?
What better time than now?"
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
hahaha, if I wasnt going to a Wedding Saturday I'd make sure I was caught up...unfortunately...that will hamstring me.

It has to start somehow
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Anybody doing anything special for this Sunday? I'm inviting a few other BB diehard fans over, ordering pizza and serving good beer to celebrate. I have a feeling we'll all be very happy/sad with the ending.

I'm moving Sunday but made sure the cable was hooked up prior to moving day just for this show.

What a ride this season's been, they really saved the best for last. I have to bump it up over Game of Thrones as my favorite, for the time being.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
It's also what they think gave him cancer. Though I doubt he goes after Greywater.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
There's no doubt in my mind he goes after Grey Matter, there was just too much anger in his eyes when he watched that interview. He didn't even finish his drink.

I think Walt has reached the brink of insanity living in isolation for the past year in New Hampshire. He just flat out doesn't care anymore and is out for revenge. He has nothing else left as far as family. His money is no good either at this point as he has no way to get it to them, and they probably wouldn't accept it anyway.

He virtually has nothing left to live for.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I think it has more to do with everything being taken away from him including his real life's work.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I agree, that definitely plays a huge part in his rage.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
So that was that. Loose ends tied up.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yeah, I would say it's a proper ending.

Famous last words from Todd.. "uhhhh Mr White...." Lol I'm going to miss this show and that character.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
There are so many great characters. That actor played Todd perfect.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

So that was that. Loose ends tied up.

Right, no loose ends.

Even the Lydia thing, they didn't just leave us assuming she drank it and maybe she died. She's sick and we get to hear Walt warn her about her impending doom. Awesome.

From the Gretchen/Elliot scene, seeing Badger and Skinny Pete again, Marie gets closure on Hank's body, Skyler hears Walt admit he did it all for himself, Walt see's Holly one last time, Jack doesn't get to bargin for his life, Jesse gets Todd, and the standoff with Jesse and Walt, that's about how I figure those two would end it. Walt telling Jesse to do something and Jesse refusing because he's not following his orders anymore.

As for the final scene, it felt a little like the Cheers ending (not a bad thing). Walt was with his chemistry, the tools that he used to build his empire that ultimately got his family the money.

And really, the ending fits the video he made for his family in the pilot. Skyler knows how he felt about her and Walt Jr. found out all the bad things he did, but why he did it.

I don't know if I can say it was perfect, only because I had such high expectations and was preparing for an amazing shocking moment, but that was such a fitting ending to that series. As of this moment, it's my favorite series in TV history.

The only loose end could possibly be...Huell. Is he still in that hotel room?

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

.Huell. Is he still in that hotel room?

holy crap....I forgot about him!!!

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I had hoped they'd show after the credits surrounded by pizza boxes still in the room. Kind of like how a lot of recent movies add a funny scene after the credits.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
R
Legend
Legend
R
I thought the machine gun thing was a little too convenient. A little too far fetched.

Everything else I liked. Glad to see Lydia and Todd get theirs. On a show so big into foreshadowing it should have been easy to predict the stevia would play a role somehow.

Loved what they did with Gretchen and Elliot. It would have made no sense to kill them.

Overall, probably the best series of all time. Sad to see it go. I'll probably go back and watch the whole series one more time.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

I thought the machine gun thing was a little too convenient. A little too far fetched.

As it was happening, I agree. But I went back to check, Walt was at the compound before. He knew where the clubhouse was and Jack's son pointed it out in the moment too. So maybe it was a bit of a stretch, but I can accept it. It was very "Walt".

[Linked Image]

R
Legend
Legend
R
I was thinking more of the contraption itself and how it went off without any hitches. And how so many things had to be lined up to pull it off...everyone in the clubhouse, everone within range, etc.

The beauty of the show to me is the uniqueness and the attempts to make it as realistic as possible. That wasn't very realistic to me.

I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Quote:

I was thinking more of the contraption itself and how it went off without any hitches. And how so many things had to be lined up to pull it off...everyone in the clubhouse, everone within range, etc.

The beauty of the show to me is the uniqueness and the attempts to make it as realistic as possible. That wasn't very realistic to me.

I wasn't overly enthused by this either. I didn't think about this until this morning, but Walt committed inadvertent suicide taking a bullet from his own contraption. Everything he ever did hurt him in the end and this was no exception.

I felt like I was binge watching. AMC gave us probably 2-3 episodes in the span of one. But, all the "t"s were crossed and the "i"s were dotted so I won't cry all that much about it.

Bravo Vince. Bravo.

“Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family.” -AOC
C
Legend
Legend
C
Realistic as possible like when they put a dude's head on a tortoise? Or when Gus Fring got half his face blown off?

Anyway, why didn't the Nazis check Walt's trunk? They checked all around his car but not his trunk? I thought that was a little convenient.

Other than that I thoroughly enjoyed the show and episode. I thought it ended perfectly.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I had hoped they'd show after the credits surrounded by pizza boxes still in the room. Kind of like how a lot of recent movies add a funny scene after the credits.

Huell was the first thing I thought of when the credits rolled. The pizza idea would have been an all-time spectacular ending.

Anyone else looking forward to the Saul Goodman spinoff? I heard its a Prequel to BB. It couldn't be anything but a comedy, right?

------------------------------
*In Baker we trust*
-------------------------------
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Neither was the magnet stunt, or a guy with half his body blown off adjusting his tie, or the fact that Walt could cook 96%+ meth using a method that has a yield ceiling of about 50%, etc., etc.

I love the show, and will miss it dearly, but realistic is was not.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Mythbusters did a special on BB last year, which was on last night. THey did the bathtub scene and the fulminated mercury myths. Both were busted quite easily. But hey, it's called "artistic license".

As for the trunk, I could see them skipping it. Walt isn't just randomly stopping by, he's coming by with a business offer that they plan to turn down and then kill him. They outnumber him 6-to-1, they took a peek in the back seat, searched his body for a gun and wire...why would they expect an automated M60 robot in the trunk?

[Linked Image]

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C

Oh man. I had to take a break after seeing that.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
AWESOME

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
I think I'm probably confusing realistic with the uniqueness of the show and what I feel was great character development compared to other shows.

In my opinion, what made the show so good was the uniqueness of the story and the character development and evolution. Those last two to me were top notch. I thought the character development was realistic. Up until they tried to cram two season's worth of stuff into these last eight episodes I liked the fact that the characters evolved slowly over time and the writers weren't afraid to slow down and reset the story when appropriate. To me, this was the most realistic show in terms of character development.

I agree the magnet thing was really hokey. I don't know what was worse - that or the machine gun in the end. To me both brought the show down a few notches. Still probably my favorite show of all time...or at least top 3.

As for the meth, I would have no idea as I'm not a user.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Has anyone else re-visited Vince Gilligan's pre-'Breaking Bad' work since the finale?

As a TV writer myself...man, that cat churned out some really great work.

Simple, yet deep and character driven.

'Pusher'? My God, I wish I could write that.

And a little bit of trivia - AMC did NOT want Cranston as Walter White. They fought it. Gilligan convinced them based on Cranston's role in the X-Files episode 'Drive'.

You'd all be very surprised at the uphill, often losing battles one has to fight in order to make networks do what seems blatantly obvious in hindsight.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
What all has he written? I knew he worked on X-Files, but that's it. What is 'Pusher' ?

Pretty sure I once read that John Cusack was offered the role of Walter White. Curious as to who else might have played him. The Cranston casting was obviously a home run hit . . .

And what have you written, PDR?

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
He did some Lone Gunmen episodes and Hancock in addition to X-Files, but that's really the only things of note tbh.

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
I read that both John Cusak and Matthew Broderick turned down the role...

Those would both be ew. Cusak would've been better as hes done some dramatic roles before like in Identity and the Raven...but he doesn't show emotion well, I don't think that would've suited Walter. Cranston was perfect

It has to start somehow
R
Legend
Legend
R
I think Cusack would have been really good as Walter White.

If Cusack would have taken the role everyone would be saying how awesome he was and how they couldn't see that Malcolm in the Middle guy pulling off the role.

Can we get a shrug graemlin?

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
"Pusher" is the title of an episode of X-Files he wrote.

He also wrote "Drive", which featured Cranston.

He wrote / co-wrote 30 episodes for the X Files - here is a list;
web page

R
Legend
Legend
R
Drive was bizarre.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

I think Cusack would have been really good as Walter White.

If Cusack would have taken the role everyone would be saying how awesome he was and how they couldn't see that Malcolm in the Middle guy pulling off the role.

Can we get a shrug graemlin?

+1

Legend
Legend
Quote:

"Pusher" is the title of an episode of X-Files he wrote.

One of my favorite X-Files episodes! I still say "cerulean blue" in my head every time I see a semi on the road of that color

I'm a bit of a Cusack fan and I think Cusack could have worked in that role, but I also think that Cranston brought things to that role that Cusack has never shown, like the really dark, gritty side. There were moments with Cranston where the dude was just evil-incarnate, and I don't think that is something that Cusack would do as well.... of course, I may be tainted by the fact that I grew up with Cusack in all those 80's flicks. To me, he is always the guy in "Better Off Dead" and his dark side doesn't extend much past "Grosse Pointe Blank".

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Lane Meyer . . .

I just read the synopsis of 'Pusher'. Distinctly remember that episode! Don't remember 'Drive' however. I need to get on Netflix . . .

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I just finished the final season yesterday.

WOW!!!!!

Great freakin' show. I will probably even watch the whole series again in a few months time, and I'm not one to do that normally. It was THAT good.

Good God, did that show ever get dark. I mean REALLY dark. Walt became a devil. Loved the shaved head & goatee, or what I like to refer to as the "Anton LaVey look" he sported the last season to further that devilish feeling.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Breaking Bad - Seasons 4+

Link Copied to Clipboard