Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

ESPN reporting that RG3 will enter the draft.

Good...Good...Good...

Either for us or a Pounding of Snyder...

Go Browns!!!
Legend
Legend
Let's go every team that helps us get the highest draft pick we can!

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'll worry about the draft tommorow, today I want to see the Steelers take a beating.

Legend
Legend
I am hoping that we physically beat them half to death ....... but they win on an absolutely horrible call that hands them the win.

I still want the best draft pick possible because I want to beat them for years to come, not just today in a game that doesn't matter at all to us.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Even if i start out thinking draft pick, after that first kickoff, blood gets a flowing and all I am thinking about is beating Pittsburgh. Can't help it.

Legend
Legend
Yeah ... I will during the game too.

Afterwards, I'll return to reality .... and will still want the best opportunity to add players that will let us beat Baltimore and Pittsburgh for years to come.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Good...Good...Good...

Either for us or a Pounding of Snyder...

If your Stl, and you get the #1...

You could theoretically Trade with Indy and move down to 2...

And then trade with someone else who wants RG3 and move down only a couple more spots...

They could kill it this draft...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
The Browns should trade down with the Seahawks. This team has too many holes to be filled. The Browns have very little impact on the field from Savage and Mangini's drafts...Mack,Thomas,Rubin and Jackson..thats it.
None of those are what I would consider difference makers.
This upcoming draft will probally be the most important since the 99 return

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

I like this guy too.. He's a burner and should be there in the 4th round..

T.Y. Hilton - Florida International
1) i. Robert Griffin III – QB – Baylor
ii. Vontaze Burfict – LB – Arizona St.
2) Vinny Curry –DE - Marshall
3) Ricky Wagner – OT - Wisconsin
4) i. Cliff Harris – CB - Oregon
ii. T.Y. Hilton – WR – Florida International
5) Bernard Pierce –HB - Temple

That guy has some sick speed. He doesn't look big but he sure plays it. I wonder what his YAC avg. is? I seen some pretty bad angles by the DB's but half the time it didn't matter. The guy was a yard away from making the tackle before he caught the ball and he caught it and flat out put the burners on. Looks like a real playmaker. Nice catch Turk! I like your draft for the most part except for 1A..but 1B and 2 look great! Haven't you heard that Burfict is a 4th round project though? I am to the point where I really want out of that first spot. I would trade down I think besides Luck that the value of the extra picks combined with the talent at the bottom of 1 and into 2 outweighs the Value of the top by itself.

There is no AJ Greens or Patrick Petersons. I was high on Blackmon last year and I think it was you who told me Jeffrey was the better receiver. I just am not sure if Blackmon translates into a #1. The guy is productive though. I am scared to touch either for some reason at this time.

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough. I believe we are going to be better than that. We're going to be a lot better than that." - Mike Holmgren (3/15/12)
Legend
Legend
Quote:

The Browns should trade down with the Seahawks. This team has too many holes to be filled. The Browns have very little impact on the field from Savage and Mangini's drafts...Mack,Thomas,Rubin and Jackson..thats it.

Ignoring your ultra specific trade down partner who will be picking in the mid teens (ew)

I don't want to pick lower than 5 in this draft.

Luck
RG3
Kalil
Blackmon
Claiborne

Do we need alot of positions? Yes.

But we also need TALENT.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
S
Legend
Legend
S
So tired of trading down. We need quality pros. We need top end of the draft guys.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

So tired of trading down. We need quality pros. We need top end of the draft guys.

Thank you.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

Would have been surprised to hear otherwise...

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

Ignoring your ultra specific trade down partner who will be picking in the mid teens (ew)

But we also need TALENT.

I'm not advocating a draft down to the Seattle pick, but are you saying that talent can't be gotten at that selection?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

That guy has some sick speed. He doesn't look big but he sure plays it. I wonder what his YAC avg. is? I seen some pretty bad angles by the DB's but half the time it didn't matter. The guy was a yard away from making the tackle before he caught the ball and he caught it and flat out put the burners on. Looks like a real playmaker. Nice catch Turk! I like your draft for the most part except for 1A..but 1B and 2 look great! Haven't you heard that Burfict is a 4th round project though? I am to the point where I really want out of that first spot. I would trade down I think besides Luck that the value of the extra picks combined with the talent at the bottom of 1 and into 2 outweighs the Value of the top by itself.

There is no AJ Greens or Patrick Petersons. I was high on Blackmon last year and I think it was you who told me Jeffrey was the better receiver. I just am not sure if Blackmon translates into a #1. The guy is productive though. I am scared to touch either for some reason at this time.

I think Jeffrey is a lost cause now.. He doesn't have the speed to get separation. He is just a big body. Of course just about everyone loves a guy you can throw a ball up and he go snags it.. but he's not the guy I want.

My entire mock depends on what we do with Colt.. If we stick w/ Colt.. then we need more offensive picks.. more oline, wr, rb.. etc..

If we get RG3 or even Luck for that matter, I think they make great use of what we have.

MoMass gets separation. I like that. I actually love that. But his concussions are really worrying me.
Little is a beast, and will only get better.
Norwood is a good slot guy, has great hands, and is very shifty. Not to mention his route running is excellent for a guy so young. He also adds some punt return ability.
The rest (including Cribbs) are just extra and don't matter. Colt just needs a blazer like Wright, Hilton to throw deep to.

If we trade down (ONLY if we keep Colt), then we need to get one of the top guards coming out.. and get a RT w/ a 2nd round or 3rd pick.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Phil Taylor isn't a quality pro? He's not a top end of the draft guy? He was a first round pick! Last I knew, that was in the top end of the draft.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

MoMass gets separation. I like that. I actually love that. But his concussions are really worrying me.

Massaquoi gets separation? From who?

Quote:

If he can be taught to hold onto the ball.

Quote:

Norwood is a good slot guy, has great hands, and is very shifty. Not to mention his route running is excellent for a guy so young. He also adds some punt return ability.

He's the only wide receiver on the roster playing his legitimate role on the field.
The rest (including Cribbs) are just extra and don't matter.

Quote:

Colt just needs a blazer like Wright, Hilton to throw deep to.

The receivers need to learn how to catch and to get separation. That's the weakest spot on the entire team. If they can get either one from the receivers, the Browns probably add 2 or 3 wins. If other areas of the team improve their play, additional wins could be had.

Quote:

If we trade down (ONLY if we keep Colt), then we need to get one of the top guards coming out.. and get a RT w/ a 2nd round or 3rd pick.

I don't disagree with a word of this.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Phil Taylor isn't a quality pro? He's not a top end of the draft guy? He was a first round pick! Last I knew, that was in the top end of the draft.

Big difference between a guy like Phil Taylor who is the back end of the first round, and guys like Von Miller, and Suh who are top 5 picks.

Not saying that is always how it goes, but how often can you keep passing up the best of the best?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I wouldnt take a receiver early but I would take a couple in this draft. Dwight Jones, Jordan White, Broyles, Fuller and the kids from Arkansas are all gonna go in the 3-5 range and could add real competition and quiet possibly beat out some of our current receivers without the major investment in the position.

I agree on Mo, he is one of my favorite players but concussions are a huge concern, same with our 2 stud TE's

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Big difference between a guy like Phil Taylor who is the back end of the first round, and guys like Von Miller, and Suh who are top 5 picks.

And their teams sucked. Got a clue for you, we still suck and it has more to do with the coaching than the players.

Quote:

Not saying that is always how it goes, but how often can you keep passing up the best of the best?

Ask Green Bay, Putzburgh, NE, etc, who are never drafting that high in the draft but still are playoff bound ever year picking in the 20s or later?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Ask Green Bay, Putzburgh, NE, etc, who are never drafting that high in the draft but still are playoff bound ever year picking in the 20s or later?

i think it has something to do with the QB's they have.. just maybe..

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I am pretty sure Blackmon wont make it past Indy or Jacksonville.

The thought of Manning with Blackmon intrigues me. Wayne is getting up there and that would open up the Indy attack.

Jacksonville does not have a reciever with more than 500 yards.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

And their teams sucked. Got a clue for you, we still suck and it has more to do with the coaching than the players.

Quote:

Totally disagree.

And look at New England, not picking high has hurt that team. Look at that defense. If it wasn't for Brady, they're worse than the Browns.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with trading out of a high pick, but you can't keep doing it.

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
As long as the Browns don't panic, I'll be happy. They'll have plenty of options including trading up or down. Staying put and taking what's leftover of RGIII, Kalil or Blackmon

If we take RGIII, I'd like for once to see him sit ont he bench for at least half the year. This all depends on the starter not getting hurt but that's also why I'd keep McCoy (cheap), Wallace (good back-up $) on the roster. At the end of the day, the Browns will still be paying the position less then most teams.

If we don't get a QB, we've got to add playmakers so I'd go Blackmon or Richardson unless Kalil fell to us where I'd draft him to solidify the line for the next 10 years.

I'm coming home, I'm coming home, tell the world I'm coming home
Legend
Legend
Quote:

If we take RGIII, I'd like for once to see him sit ont he bench for at least half the year. This all depends on the starter not getting hurt but that's also why I'd keep McCoy (cheap), Wallace (good back-up $) on the roster. At the end of the day, the Browns will still be paying the position less then most teams.

I'm really starting to question whether or not a QB should sit or not.. If RG3 is for sure drafted by us.. he won't get better on the sideline. He won't. Who is he going to learn from?

If we get him.. let him compete in training camp for the starting spot.. if he out competes.. let him start Day 1.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

I'm really starting to question whether or not a QB should sit or not.. If RG3 is for sure drafted by us.. he won't get better on the sideline. He won't. Who is he going to learn from?

If we get him.. let him compete in training camp for the starting spot.. if he out competes.. let him start Day 1.

That's becoming a thing of the past. Coaches don't have time to wait for their QB to somehow become great while sitting on the bench. Guys get hired and fired too often.

If he can play, he can play.

Remember Colt's first preseason game last year in GB? He didn't look like he belonged anywhere near an NFL roster.

He comes in, plays decent vs Pittsburgh in his first start, and has been pretty much the same QB since. Don't think sitting/playing had any effect.

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
I'm torn personally. Yes, it depends on the individual and also on our other personnel. If we don't upgrade the line or skill position players then I don't want him to get shell shocked ala Carr, Couch, McCoy, Bradshaw, etc.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
If Claiborne and Blackmon are available when we draft...and we take RGIII ...well...I don't even want to think about that.

If he's there at 1B I am ok with taking him...although I would STILL not use THAT pick on THAT guy.

We are not a team that can use a top 5 pick on a guy who shouldn't play for a year or two.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...we are ONE MORE offseason away from being a team that can take a high 1st pick and let him sit...provided H&H continue to find solid players.

This draft - and an aggressive FA period - gives us the opportunity to get to the point where we can be that team.

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Can we get No. 3 if Minnesota beats Chicago?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Can we get No. 3 if Minnesota beats Chicago?

Yes.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
yes. if jax and min both win and we lose, we get 3.

Crowded elevators smell different to short people...
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
16-6 Jacksonville over Indy going into 4th
14-13 Chicago over Minnesota mid-way through 3

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Massaquoi gets separation? From who?

His first year he averaged 18.4 yards/reception on 34 catches. There's gotta be some separation there.

Then we changed up QBs ....... and his production plummeted.

Quote:

Quote:

If he can be taught to hold onto the ball.

How many drops has he had in the past 2 games?

Quote:

Quote:

He's the only wide receiver on the roster playing his legitimate role on the field.
The rest (including Cribbs) are just extra and don't matter.

I think that we definitely could use another outside receiver, but that we do have NFL talent at the position .... protestations to the contrary.

Quote:

Quote:

Colt just needs a blazer like Wright, Hilton to throw deep to.

The receivers need to learn how to catch and to get separation. That's the weakest spot on the entire team. If they can get either one from the receivers, the Browns probably add 2 or 3 wins. If other areas of the team improve their play, additional wins could be had.

How many times have we seen a wide receiver open deep ..... and the pass nowhere near where it needed to be ... resulting in either a pass that the receiver had to stop for, or that was incomplete?

Quote:

Quote:

I don't disagree with a word of this.

We will probably look for a RT, but I bet that we stay with the same LT-RG combination next year. It's a young group that appears to be growing together.

Legend
Legend
for those thinking Colts will trade first pick and not get Luck...

Link

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
.....or he's trying to drive up the price....I think he'll take Luck but just sayin'

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Well there ya' go...It's set...

Indy
Rams
Minny
US ...If we lose...

1) Luck
2) Kalil
3) Trade???...RGII available here???...Or they take Claiborne/Blackmon...

Lookin' like we end up with RGIII...Claiborne...Blackmon...

Go Browns!!!
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
...or a move-down. I wouldn't be upset if we did that again. We need so much help at so many positions...

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Quote:

Well there ya' go...It's set...

Indy
Rams
Minny
US ...If we lose...

1) Luck
2) Kalil
3) Trade???...RGII available here???...Or they take Claiborne/Blackmon...

Lookin' like we end up with RGIII...Claiborne...Blackmon...

I'll take that

Legend
Legend
I am really hoping for RG3.

We need to take the big chance this year where there is no incredible talent to pass up, and where we have that guy with risk, but huge reward potential. We just need to hope he falls to us, and that no one trades up ahead of us to get him.

Minnesota worries the hell out of me .... but there is word that they like Webb, and they did just draft Ponder ..... so they may go for help.

S
Legend
Legend
S
I would love to know what Holmgren, Heckert, Shurmur and the rest of the bigwigs with the Browns think of RG3, behind closed doors, no posturing, no BS'ing. Just an honest assessment of whether or not he can run this system.

Dying to know.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) 2012 Draft Continued Again

Link Copied to Clipboard