Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Legend
Legend
Unless Gordon, Benjamin and Co come on strong...

MoMass may want to keep a travel bag ready...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Unless Gordon, Benjamin and Co come on strong...

MoMass may want to keep a travel bag ready...

I think that he is a pretty safe bet if we keep 6, where it may get a little sticky is if we only kept 5, but with Cribbs being one of the 6 I don't see us keeping only 5 total.

Some of the other younger rookies we might be able to stash on the PS.

With the addition of Gordon now ... I think that Mitchell is the vet most likely on notice. I think that if the above mentioned group are all healthy, then I agree with HotB that they will most likely be that group going into the start of this season.

Having said that I think this could be Moe's last year with the team unless he has a break out year.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Mitchell is as good as gone.

There were reports that Benjamin had to help Mitchell line up correctly, and that the coaches had to stop practice more than once because Mitchell wasn't where he was supposed to be.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Mitchell is as good as gone.

There were reports that Benjamin had to help Mitchell line up correctly, and that the coaches had to stop practice more than once because Mitchell wasn't where he was supposed to be.

That's not a good foot to get started off on for a guy on the bubble, but then this was also the vets first day and the rookies although behind overall, things are a little more fresh in their minds.

He's dug a hole though and he already had a mountain to clime with the addition of Gordon I think.

Good to hear Benjamin is getting it though. I think that he is going to be one of those variables in the book of this season if he can play a roll for us and make some plays witch in turn will open things up for other guys. He could be a spark that gets us moving on offense.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Yeah but ...... if you are a veteran on the bubble, you can't afford to make mistakes and mental errors.

Edit: Actually, the article is earlier in this thread.

Last edited by YTownBrownsFan; 07/27/12 10:02 PM.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Yeah but ...... if you are a veteran on the bubble, you can't afford to make mistakes and mental errors.

Edit: Actually, the article is earlier in this thread.

Yeah I saw that. I think that Mitchell has an uphill battle regardless of how poor his performance was to day, but it was the first day of camp for vets and I can sorta expect things to be a little sloppy.

All I can say is that after drafting Benjamin and Gordon ... This should be his wake up call.

[Linked Image]

B
Legend
Legend
B
Who cares about Mitchell?? Out with the stale bread, in with the new. In a few seasons Benji might go stale and he will then be replaced.

When you are talking about some of the last guys on the roster, the players are the same. The only thing that changes are the names.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
ESPN-Cleveland (WKNR) is reporting Ahtyba Rubin on the PUP list and Evan Moore on the Non-Football Injury list ... WTF? Are we going with two rookie DT's? Yikes.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have a feeling Frosty Rucker will take one of those spots and the Rookies will rotate in. This is really bad. They better get a few guys from some cut lists. Both Rubin and Taylor possibly lost till Week 6....wow, what a bummer.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

ESPN-Cleveland (WKNR) is reporting Ahtyba Rubin on the PUP list and Evan Moore on the Non-Football Injury list ... WTF? Are we going with two rookie DT's? Yikes.

Just so we are clear, Rubin can be moved off the PUP list at any time.

you had a good run Hank.
B
Legend
Legend
B
What's Rubins problem??

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

What's Rubins problem??

Apparently had a slight tear in his pelvis, or something in the pelvic region.

Out two weeks.

you had a good run Hank.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Just so we are clear, Rubin can be moved off the PUP list at any time.

Good to know, I was thinking that he has to sit till week six. Must be only when season starts that happens.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
j/c

im suprised we arent getting some updates on todays practice. Was hoping to hear some opinions on the rookies from some of the people here that went to watch.

If you need 3 years to be a winner you got here 2 years to early. Get it done Browns.
Legend
Legend
Reports I've read so far ... I'll try to find the links...

Defense is playing well today (Haden and Ward mentioned)

McCoy looks terrible ... too many dump offs and incompletions

Weeden nearly intercepted

Hardesty looking GOOD ... Quick, running hard ... GOOD SIGN

Benjamin yelled at for not getting his feet down in bounds

Hodges looks GOOD

Schwartz with the first team at RT

Fujita starting with first team

McCoy throws 4 straight terrible passes

James Dockery looking aggressive and making plays

Cameron looking improved and athletic

Hughes playing with first team at DT

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
NFL network had some earlier coverage although it gets ruined by more Michael Lombardi constant bashing of everything Browns.

At the start both Weeden and Colt was taking snaps at the same time working on quick 3 steps and fire. Weeden's pass was out at least a half a second or more on every throw. It was alarming at the difference.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Who cares about Mitchell?? Out with the stale bread, in with the new. In a few seasons Benji might go stale and he will then be replaced.

When you are talking about some of the last guys on the roster, the players are the same. The only thing that changes are the names.

LOL "stale bread" or stale bread Dough, because by stating that he's stale bread implies that he has actually been bread.

[Linked Image]

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

So Weeden is a bust?

Time to start talking about April & Barkley & wasted 2012 Picks.....

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

Browns WR/KR Josh Cribbs admits he's likely in for a reduced role on offense this season. Browns beat writers have been hinting at the possibility for months. Cribbs expects to be a part of "all" special teams return and coverage units.

Link

This is great news. Cribbs should have never left the special teams coverage teams in my opinion. Focusing on being a league average receiver took away what he was best at -- special teams.

I look forward to him being the first one down the field on all coverage units and making the tackles. Hopefully this renewed focus on special teams also allows him to return to his previous form in returning kicks as well.

Another thing that this means is his days are numbered as a Brown. You can't afford to pay a special teams player $4 million. And he is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Cast of thousands watches wobbly Weeden

By Steve Doerschuk

The Browns had the good sense to keep the first full-squad practice of training camp outside, rather than go indoors to avoid possible injuries on rain-slicked grass.
Pat Shurmur says he hates practicing indoors.
He doesn’t hate it any more than fans who are turned away when practice is inside. More than 1,000 showed up for the first session, which was greeted by surly skies that spat occasional raindrops.
More than 1,000. Dan Murphy, from media relations, just popped in to say the opening-day crowd was 2,937.
“Bigger than any crowd last year,” Murphy said.
Some smart aleck said, “Maybe they should sell the team more often.”
• • •
Many things the Browns have done in the offseason reflect a sense of urgency about reaching out to fans, a growing number of whom have changed their approach from buying tickets to settling for catching the team on the tube.
I’m going to assume that part of the reason Mike Holmgren and Randy Lerner walked out in prominent view and spent more than a half hour chatting with each other between two practice field was to send a message:
“Everything’s OK.”
I’m sure the message was intended for fans and players.
• • •
Brandon Weeden had more troubles than a team betting so heavily on him would prefer to see.
During one quick 7-on-7 segment, Weeden was off target on at least three throws. Seven-on-7 completions are supposed to be easier than filling up on dollar-dog night.
A bit later, in 11-on-11s, Weeden had Ben Watson wide open deep down the right sideline. He would have needed twin rockets in his hip pads to go get a badly overthrown ball.
Moments like these are at least a part of why Mr. Shurmur hasn’t made an official announcement.
Weeden was running with the “ones” all day, even when he wasn’t throwing like a “one.”
One time, Weeden jammed a 7-yard throw in traffic to Trent Richardson coming out of the backfield. It was batted away.
Weeden avoided CB James Dockery with his next throw, but it was too wide to enable WR Jordan Norwood to stay in bounds.
Dockery gleefully waved his arms in the “incomplete” motion. Weeden finished that shaky segment with a decent sideline completion to rookie Travis Benjamin. McCoy then came on and threw the same route to Benjamin, right on the money.
• • •
Colt McCoy’s radar seemed to work better as the practice went along, but in one 7-on-7 stretch, he struggled as badly as in the Weeden segment described above.
He recovered a bit later by throwing the nicest ball I saw all day, a medium-deep throw that needed to be right on the money to elude two DBs. The ball found tight end Jordan Cameron in stride just as he hit the seam.
• • •
Oldster Scott Fujita has been bounced from the first three games, but he is practicing, and he isn’t being shy.
One time, the horn blew to signal a change in drills. Fujita caught a few young players talking their time to get to the next station.
“Get your (butt) in the huddle!” he barked.
• • •
Everybody says the same thing about rookie Josh Gordon the first time they see him gliding around at wide receiver.
“Man, he’s big.”
CB Joe Haden passed by Pat Shurmur during practice, when he played some bump and run on Gordon.
“That’s a big sucker,” Haden told the coach.
In talking to Gordon afterward, he seemed to appreciate practicing against a former No. 7 overall draft pick.
• • •
Losing Ahtyba Rubin for any length off time would be a blow to the solar plexus of the Browns’ defense.
However, our understanding is that injuries that kept Rubin and Evan Moore out of today’s practice are nothing to worry about.
web page

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
thanks for the post. Not to suprised this being the first practice there would be some bumps. Glad to hear McCoy did more then check down.

If you need 3 years to be a winner you got here 2 years to early. Get it done Browns.
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

Quote:

What's Rubins problem??

Apparently had a slight tear in his pelvis, or something in the pelvic region.

Out two weeks.

Browns defensive tackly Ahtyba Rubin recovering from procedure to repair slight pelvis tear

Saturday, July 28, 2012, 1:41 PM
By Mary Kay Cabot, The Plain Dealer

CLEVELAND -- Browns defensive tackle Ahtyba Rubin, who turned in what many consider a Pro Bowl-caliber season in 2011, is recovering from a procedure about six weeks ago to repair a slight pelvic tear, a source told the Plain Dealer.

The injury is similar to a sports hernia. It's unknown how Rubin suffered the tear.

Rubin, who finished second on the team with 83 tackles and second with five sacks, should be back within "a couple of days,'' coach Pat Shurmur said. He would not confirm the procedure.

The loss of Rubin even for a brief period is significant because the Browns are also without his tackle partner Phil Taylor, who's recovering from surgery to repair a torn pectoral muscle. Taylor expected to return sometime in late October or November.

Fortunately for the Browns, they drafted defensive tackles John Hughes in the third round and Billy Winn in the sixth round. The club has high hopes for both players. For now, Scott Paxson and Brian Schaefering have been working inside with the first team.

Rubin, Taylor and fullback Eddie Williams have all been placed on the active/physically unable to perform list, Shurmur said.

Shurmur also said that tight end Evan Moore has been placed on the active/non-football injury list with an ailment related to an offseason workou.

Some other notes from the opening day of camp this morning:

* 2,937 fans attended practice, bigger than any crowd last year.

* Receiver Carlton Mitchell and rookie defensive back Trevin Wade sat out with leg injuries.

* Rookie Mitchell Schwartz worked with the first-team offense at right tackle, and Shurmur said he expects it to continue that way.

* Brandon Weeden went first in team reps, Colt McCoy second and Seneca Wallace third. But the defense outplayed the offense today, with plenty of breakups. T.J. Ward almost picked off an underthrown deep ball from Weeden to Ben Watson.

* Trent Richardson, who came into camp in great shape, showed off his speed, power and receiving ability.

* Starting receivers were Greg Little and Mohamed Massaquoi. Rookie Josh Gordon is pacing himself because of a pulled quad muscle on his pro day July 10.

* Linebacker Scott Fujita said after practice that he's still optimistic his three-game suspension for bounty-gate will be overturned. The players have sued in federal court.

* Second-year safety Eric Hagg is still starting at free safety ahead of Usama Young.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Fat guys need rest anyway.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Don't need to rest when you haven't even started yet.

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Brandon Weeden went first in team reps, Colt McCoy second and Seneca Wallace third. But the defense outplayed the offense today, with plenty of breakups. T.J. Ward almost picked off an underthrown deep ball from Weeden to Ben Watson.

New Orleans Saints CB Patrick Robinson makes play of the day at Friday practice
07/27/12 7:46PM
Subscribe to PostFlag Post
James Varney, The Times-Picayune
New Orleans Saints cornerback Patrick Robinson, the team's first round pick in the 2010 draft who established himself as a starter last season, made the play of the day at Friday's practice when he stole one from tight end Jimmy Graham.

Graham was streaking down the left sideline when quarterback Drew Brees launched one toward his 6-foot-7, 265-pound offensive teammate who has emerged as one of the most explosive tight end threats in the NFL.

Robinson, 5-11, 191, matched Graham stride for stride and got excellent inside position. As the pass arrived, both players went up for it but Robinson's flawless technique allowed him to grab it and Robinson held on as Graham tried to wrestle the ball away. It was unclear when Robinson tumbled to the ground if he would have been ruled in bounds, but the Saints players erupted with vocal approval and new secondary coach Ken Flajole said he knows which way he's leaning on the call.

"We'll have to look at the tape," Flajole said. "But I'm giving my guy the benefit of the doubt unless they tell me different."

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2012/07/new_orleans_saints_cb_patrick_2.html

At least Weeden et al are in good company.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think I'm going to go up Sunday morning. Never been to a camp. Anything I might need to know?

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I love the camp experience, if I wasn't taking care of mom I would be there. My favorite thing to watch when they are allowing contact is the line drills. Everyone will be at the other end watching the QBs play catch and missing the real trench battles.

one thing I always do is print out a copy of the roster so if someone is grabbing my attention, I know who it is lol. Let me know how 85 Saffold is looking.

Shurmur press conf. transcript - 7/28

Posted 5 hours ago

Browns Head Coach Pat Shurmur Press Conference 7-28-12

(Opening statement)- “I thought that was a pretty good practice. We didn’t have the pads on but they tend to get after it once they get the helmet and the protective gear. I thought we competed well. I’m just seeing a huge difference this year from last year and I’m really excited to keep moving through this. Every day is a new day and we got a lot of good stuff done, a lot of competitive work. I saw Josh Gordon play a little faster today which was good, some of the other young players I’m sure you’ve got interest in. I saw our young defensive tackles that made some plays in there and showed some quickness because, of course, we ran the ball more in these drill which I thought was outstanding. We need to see that and they did a good job. Some of the things that I am noticing now I feel good about as we move forward.”

(On Ahtyba Rubin and Evan Moore)- “You saw that Rubin, Evan and Phil Taylor are PUP. Phil, of course, will be extended. Rubin and Evan will be back quickly. They will be back quickly. Carlton Mitchell was not out there [and Trevin Wade]. They are just leg things, they will be back out there soon.”

(On Evan Moore’s injury)- “I am going to try and stay away from talking about specific injuries, but he will be back quickly. It is just part of what he was doing training and its going to take him a couple more days.”

(On seeing Josh Gordon practice for a few days)- “He’s got great size. When receivers come to this league, what most of them don’t have to do in college is bump-and-run where the corners are up. Most of the time in college, defenses just stand there and take it. In this league, of course, they get challenged. There were a couple of situations out there where Joe Haden was bumping-and-running Gordon and Joe came back and said ‘Wow, this is a big sucker.’ And on one of the routes he did a good job of getting separation so that’s what you kind of need to see. I know he can catch the football, I know he can really run when he gets going and now in this camp, because really previous to training camp, bump-and-run was not allowed in the practices so this is where you start to see the receivers being challenged and it’s what’s important about training camp.”

(On if Gordon has any past conception of the West Coast offense)- “Yeah, Norm’s (Chow) terminology mirrors a lot of the plays. I can’t tell you exactly what will sound familiar to him. Now, that being said, I have been around Josh long enough to know that he is a really fine learner. He picks this stuff up pretty well and that’s an added bonus to his game.”

(On T.J. Ward being healthy and his importance to the defense) - “I need him to be healthy and we need him to be out there making plays. As we all know, he’s a feisty guy and that shows up in practice where you’re allowed to knock each other around a little bit. It’s very important that he’s back and healthy and it’s fun to watch him out there working.”

(On Brian Schaefering and Scott Paxson)- “Schaef and Pax, they are veteran guys. They are guys that you like to have around because they are doing everything right. They work extremely hard and I think those are two guys, if they are healthy and they play their roles, will have a chance to make plays. Right now, until we get the full unit out there, their role is expanded and I think that’s where them being veterans, it will help them.”

(On working guys with the first team to fill in for Scott Fujita)- “Quietly we’re doing that already. We know that’s going to happen. We’re going to lose Scott for the first three games, we know that so we’ve already decided on a plan. Although it may not be obvious the way we we’re rotating the linebackers in there, that’s getting done already.”

(On what D’Qwell Jackson means to the team)- “We talked about him a lot last year, of course, but he’s one of those guys when I walk through the locker room every day, for whatever reason, he must just be on my path. I tend to visit with him and he has something to say that’s got a little thought behind it regarding the team. I won’t get into any specifics, but there is a leadership quality to him that I appreciate, not to mention he is an outstanding football player. He’s really thinking about how we are going to make this team what we want it to be. I appreciate that about him.”

(On Buster Skrine and Eric Hagg developing faster than what people may have expected)- “I think you’re right. Number one, they’re going to have to develop quickly. We thought Hagg was developing last year and Buster got a chance to play. I’ve seen an improvement in both their games just through practices and here in camp so we’re encouraged by that. They are obviously guys that need to fill their roles until they become starters and then when they’re starters, they’ve got to carry their load and I think they’re working toward that.”

(On the development of Mitchell Schwartz)- “He’s coming along well and we anticipate and expect that he’s going to be our starter there so he’s getting plenty of reps there. I’ve kind of made an evaluation of him. He’s very smart, he knows what to do and now as we get into the grind of this thing and he puts the pads on, that’s the next kind of little area that we will evaluate his progress. To this point he hasn’t disappointed us.”

(On how things will shape out with Benjamin Watson and Jordan Cameron)- “Ben’s our starter. Ben’s our starting tight end. He is an outstanding pass receiver, he’s a very fine blocker in terms of setting his hands and using the right footwork and all that. He’s got a veteran component to his game much like D’Qwell and he works extremely hard. He’s out starter and then Jordan’s developing. Jordan has got to go through that little bit of pounding phase that I just talked about with Mitchell. He needs to get banged around a little bit.”

(On if Cameron put on some weight this year)- “Yeah, I think he’s really kind of reshaped his body a little bit where he’s much more muscular in my mind. He’s ready for training camp.”

(On if Cameron can earn some playing time)- “Absolutely. All those tight ends, because I like to use multiple tight ends where it fits and typically tight ends get banged around a little bit, get nicked. There is a good chance that those guys will be in the game. We put (Brad) Smelley in there a little bit at tight end a little bit and got him some reps and he showed up well. You need to use multiple tight ends much like you kind of slip a running back in there or use three receivers. That’s a key position in our offense because you have to learn to function one, on the end of the line of scrimmage, then you have to learn how to function in space and then you also have to function in kind of backfield type settings as well. A couple of the guys you talked about can do those things.”

(On if they will Smelley at tight end or fullback)- “Both. I think just like I answered this past question, I think he can do those things. He’s played in the backfield and he’s not uncomfortable there and he’s got the athletic ability to be a blocker on the line of scrimmage so again, we will need to see him do it as well.”

(On Watson’s past concussions and if there is concern about that)- “Yeah it’s in the back of my mind. Anybody that’s had multiple concussions, you just move forward and you develop a guy to play and get him his reps and if guys get injured you put the next ones in there.”

(On why he can openly and confidently say this year that the goal for the team is to win the division)- “Because I think quite frankly that is the goal for every team, every year, that’s number one. Number two, at this time when I was standing in this tent last year, at this point in the season, I was watching numbers walk by. Now as I watch a guy walk by, I know his wife. I talked to him this morning. I know what he did last year. I know how to push his buttons. I know how he responds to adversity. It’s a whole different year from that standpoint and I feel more confident about how they function together. I’ve added some coaches that I’ve worked with in the past that I trust so I feel like our operation is smoother and you know I’m kind of a positive hopeful guy.”

(On if Randy Lerner has tried reassure him at all after yesterday’s news)- “I think he was out here watching practice and we haven’t talked about really anything beyond being informed of what’s going to happen so now it’s a process. He was out here watching practice and there was really nothing more to it than that.”

(On a report that Ahtyba Rubin had surgery)- “You know what, he’s going to be back here real soon. I’d rather not comment on that. He’s going to be fine. It’ll be a couple of days. In fact the day he practices, I will text you first. I am going to wake up in the morning and I’ll text you. If you get the word to everybody I’ll appreciate it (joking).”

(On having the fans out at practice)- “I’ve always been impressed by our fans. They braved the weather. We had to back off the opening of the gates, so hopefully nobody was fighting out there, because of the weather. I was out here early this morning and was concerned we would have to go inside. I hate to go inside, I really do. The best place to practice is out here. I knew this was one of those days that if we did go inside, it would have impacted a bunch of people trying to watch their team. I really appreciate the passion that this town has for our club. That’s why I’m feeling this thing, when we get it turned it’s going to be a lot of fun.” web page

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Wow.

They didn't even where full pads today.

Expectations of perfection on the FIRST full day of camp.

Defense ALWAYS looks better at the start of camp.

How about we wait till the preseason before we judge the new cast?

Damn, tough crowd!

Legend
Legend
everyone check out the new training camp update vid.. go to the 01:08 mark...

WHOA!!!!!!!!!

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
So Colt will be our starter?

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Legend
Legend
Quote:

WHOA!!!!!!!!!

Whoa indeed...

Even in shorts, to a basically uncovered WR. Colt still delivers a ball that's slightly difficult to catch...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Quote:

He should be. Our "Savior" has almost thrown a pick on a few plays already.

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

Quote:

And McCoy was equally horrible.

Probably not a good thing that a rookie and a 3 year vet are playing at the same level...

you had a good run Hank.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And McCoy was equally horrible.

Probably not a good thing that a rookie and a 3 year vet are playing at the same level...

I wasn't being serious. It's the very beginning of camp, Things will get better. I just watched STO Browns Daily and they said they just added new plays and this was the 1st time running them, that can cause issues.

I leave the arguing on whether that matters to others.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
i actually meant the play after that.. lol.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
My bad.

Internets and Sarcasm...I can never figure it out.

you had a good run Hank.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

My bad.

Internets and Sarcasm...I can never figure it out.

I could have used purple.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I just watched STO Browns Daily and they said they just added new plays and this was the 1st time running them, that can cause issues.

Yea apparently they had them running the basics in the mini camps and OTA's and now are putting in a lot of the more complicated stuff. I think that more than anything shows a real confidence in their rookies.

That one off tackle run they had behind Schwartz and Lauvao is probably a 50 yarder. Vision+burst+balance was on full display.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

WHOA!!!!!!!!!

I have trouble out of those videos on site, so what made you say whoa?

Legend
Legend
On a serious note, a couple of things that I noticed:

One thing that impresses me is watching Richardson run. He breaks out, slows down, then bursts to the opening, then slows down finds the next opening, and explodes through that one as well. His vision is amazing, and his ability to stop and start/burst to full speed is incredible.

I have also been impressed whenever I see Benjamin. His feet move so fast. He's not a strider ..... his feet just fly faster than anyone else's.

Also, Gordon's hands look freakishly huge. He also looks like a natural hands catcher.

JMJ looks HUGE. He seems to have good speed as well. Hopefully he can kick Fujita off the team.

Watson looked good going up the seam in the videos I saw. It looked like 2010 again for him.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum 2012 Training Camp Stuff.

Link Copied to Clipboard