Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I'm not a medical expert.

How long does it take for the staph infection to set in?

Well, it's hard to say as there is some complex calculus involved factoring in frequency of visits to the Browns locker room and current distance in meters from a Cleveland Clinic facility.... but, it should be soon.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Wow, I think it was a wasted pick too. Probably going to be made of glass like AP was with that broken collar bone.

Good grief.. How does ANYONE know at this point it's caused by the scope he had. How many RB's have come back from ACL and MCL tears. Happens every year. The dude has be really active since his Proday and probably just sore. Lets wait for the leg to FALL OFF before we write TR off already.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Nobody is writing him off, but this isn't a good start. If his knee can't last past a couple of weeks of TC without being "sore", well you do the math

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Nobody is writing him off, but this isn't a good start. If his knee can't last past a couple of weeks of TC without being "sore", well you do the math

definitely something to track. however, a meniscus tear makes the knee sore at times during recovery. it depends on how sore and what else is going on with his knee (which they would never release).

for now, let's hope it's just usual soreness and the team is being cautious with one of our prize draft picks.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
i had surgery to repair a meniscus 3 years ago, and on days when i am doing a lot of physical activity, it gets really sore

however, it's not like a "i cant run and cut" sore. if i had to play football, i still could. all it is is sore, not painful. its more like a "stiff" sore that goes away if i keep walking it out or getting on a bike

i am sure this is just mere caution. we know what we are getting with him. i think it would be wise to keep him out of heavy preseason action all together if he is going to be our workhorse this year

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Cleveland Browns Training Camp Report: Day 12

by Chris Pokorny on Aug 8, 2012 12:42 AM EDT
in 2012 Training Camp Reports

Fans who attended Day 12 of Cleveland Browns training camp immediately took noticed of the fact that running back Trent Richardson was on the sidelines with a sleeve on his knee. As we reported earlier today, Richardson was held out because of a sore knee and might not play on Friday. As always, the show must go on -- after the jump is the full recap from Day 12 of training camp.

TRAINING CAMP REPORT - DAY 12 (8/7/12)

Carlton Mitchell Returns...But is it Too Late? Wide receiver Carlton Mitchell was already on the roster bubble heading into this year's training camp, and he missed the first 11 days of action due to a leg injury. He finally made his 2012 debut (in terms of sessions open to fans) Tuesday afternoon, and according to reports, he was pretty rusty. Daryl Ruiter of 92.3 The Fan says, "[Mitchell] struggled with routes and catching the football, which are two thing’s he’s had difficulty with since being drafted."

Mitchell's Chances: After practice ended, head coach Pat Shurmur was clear that Mitchell needs to rise to the occassion since he's missed so much time already:

"For him to catch up, he needs to stay healthy, stay on the field in practice and when he gets in the game, make some plays," Shurmur said. "That’s the reality. For guys that miss practice that haven’t proven they can play in this league, they need to practice."

Mitchell will have a chance to jump right back into the spotlight if he delivers in front of large audiences at Family Fun Night on Wednesday and against the Lions on Friday.

Weeden Continues to Deliver: My personal opinion on the Colt McCoy situation: he had the chance to compete, and while he did fine, he was only going to be named the starter if Brandon Weeden looked Tebow-like. Weeden continued to deliver the goods on Tuesday, firing a ball 50 yards in air to the end zone for wide receiver Greg Little, according to the Canton Repository. There were reports of several dropped passes on Tuesday, but they were the fault of the receivers -- second-round pick Josh Gordon dropped a pinpoint pass and was frustrated afterward, according to Ruiter.

Wade Continues to Stand Out: Even though James Dockery has not been "fading," you might be able to say that rookie CB Trevin Wade has been "accelerating" with his share of interceptions and knockdowns. QB Colt McCoy reportedly underthrew a crossing route intended for WR Rod Windsor, and Wade stepped in for the interception.

Tight End Competition Continues On: It's been really tough to gauge where the tight ends really fall on the depth chart because all of them haven't been healthy at the same time. TE Jordan Cameron had another strong practice, making athletic catches whenever he received the opportunity. TE Evan Moore saw some reps with the first-team offense, according to Jeff Schudel of the News-Herald. After practice, Moore talked about whether he was concerned about missing so much time.

Injury Report: The absent players included RB Trent Richardson (knee), FB Eddie Williams, TE Ben Watson (undisclosed), DE Frostee Rucker (leg), DT Phil Taylor (pectoral), DE Marcus Benard (undisclosed), and S Usama Young (hamstring).

Brownies: Practice was pushed back to 2:30 PM (instead of 2:00 PM) and also ended about 45 minutes early, according to reports. ... The Associated Press noted that Reggie Hodges attempted a fake field goal, but his pass to LT Joe Thomas fell incomplete after Ray Ventrone broke it up. ... Colt McCoy returned to playing with the No. 2 offense, and Shurmur even was generous enough to give him one rep with the first-team offense. ... QB Thaddeus Lewis connected on a long pass to WR Owen Spencer with CB James Dockery in coverage. ... The Browns' next practice is Wednesday night, starting at 7:00 PM, at Cleveland Browns Stadium.

All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

The math that really matters will be during the regular season. I don't see the need for Shurmur to grind his starters down in camp if they're showing well in camp already. The time is rapidly approaching to start making cuts and I'm pretty sure Richardson isn't going to be one.

If he's reporting soreness then it only stands to reason that they should back off him for a day or two just to be safe. If he misses more than that it'll be news worthy. If he misses Friday's game I'll be surprised. He needs that kind of work right now.

"Let people think this is a dumpster fire," - Mike Pettine
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

TE Jordan Cameron had another strong practice, making athletic catches whenever he received the opportunity

really hoping we found our "healthy Winslow"

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I was really mad when we drafted him.

I'll be so happy if I can be completely wrong.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

I was really mad when we drafted him.

I'll be so happy if I can be completely wrong.

i'll be happy to say you are wrong on him too.

i'll be happier if you can tell me i was wrong on Weeden

Last edited by no_logo_required; 08/08/12 02:33 PM.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

TE Jordan Cameron had another strong practice, making athletic catches whenever he received the opportunity

really hoping we found our "healthy Winslow"

Lets hope that he can flash in a real game and not just in practice.

He has looked as good as advertized though.

[Linked Image]

G
2nd String
2nd String
G
OMG, is it Friday yet? Better yet Sunday morning (because it's the only way I'll get to watch the preseason game vs Detroit on NFL Network).

I'm loving all of these positive reports, but I want to see these guys in real live action against someone else, lol.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

OMG, is it Friday yet? Better yet Sunday morning (because it's the only way I'll get to watch the preseason game vs Detroit on NFL Network).

I'm loving all of these positive reports, but I want to see these guys in real live action against someone else, lol.

I'm with you there ... last year all we heard was how good our WR's looked

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I'm with you there ... last year all we heard was how good our WR's looked

Well last year there would be a report of this receiver stepping up and soon as that happened, there would be another report saying that receiver was injured and would be out for an undisclosed amount of time. I think the only offensive weapon that we had that wasn't injured in preseason was Alex Smith and Brian Robiskie lol Seriously everyone else broke, pulled or tore something.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Ah..remember the "Camp Colt" reports?

What a crap day...talk about shutting down any little enthusiasm I had for this season

With Haden and TRich probably to miss the start of the season (both seem very likely now), we'd miss ALL 3 of our top picks from the past 3 drafts: Haden, Taylor, TRich....that'd be a new low

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

that'd be a new low

Which is really saying something for the Browns! UGGGGHHHHH!

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
Legend
Legend
What people don't understand.

Is that this is just an awesome setup to the opening of our "America's Game" after we win the Super Bowl this year...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Did nobody go to that family fun night thing last night? I keep checking to see if anyone has a report from it but neither forum has anything. Did I get the date mixed up?

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum 2012 Training Camp Stuff.

Link Copied to Clipboard