Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

I believe Jacksonville has given all of their assistants permission to seek new jobs as Mularkey was fired.

haven't seen it when i looked and i would think that they are smart enough to try to keep Tucker depending on what they do at HC.

heck, they might HIRE Tucker to be their HC

#gmstrong
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Thanks for that.
It was informative,you know,like journalism should be.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Quote:

Quote:

Seattle runs a hybrid 4-3;

Correct. Here's a link to about the best explanation I've seen of it...

http://www.seahawks101.com/2012/02/28/seattle-seahawks-breaking-down-pete-carrolls-hybrid-defense/

That's a good link; it gets a bit more confusing when Irvin is on the field on occasion; they'll sometimes have 4 down linemen and 4 linebackers on occasion as well.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

Has eaten a dog biscuit or two.

LOL....I'm sold....What Browns fan hasnt eaten a dog biscuit or nibbled on one....

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I don't think any defense is just a base anymore.

Even our 4-3 was a mixture of one gap, two gap. At least iirc they talked about ruben playing differently than taylor.

Personally at this point I would hate to see us change the defense yet again just to change it. But chud did talk about hybrids.

Whatever they do I believe one thing...these guys are in for the long haul.

Chud WILL get his 5 years...with his offense...with whatever defense he decides in the best long term. Listening to him talk about using players that you have, we may start out with a 4-3...then a hybrid...then a 3-4. Or anywhere in between.

It will be nice to see who he chooses as his coordinators. I did find it odd when asked about calling plays that he said he would call them if he had too. Kinda sounds like turner isn't a shoe in yet.

This organization just took their time and found a guy that fit what they wanted and they are comfortable with. I honestly think the days of knee jerk reactions in Cleveland are done. We are building for the long haul.

Attitude is everything....FEAR THE ELF!!!
Legend
Legend
I actually wondered if they were going to try to bring back Cribbs when I heard him talk about finding roles for special players, Cribbs was kinda the first guy I thought of. I don't know if they'll bring him back with him heading over the 30 hill really soon ...... but who knows?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
N
Legend
Legend
N
i think that is more up to Cribbs than anything. is he willing to be paid like a ST player and focus on STs?

if yes, then i don't see how the FO could decide to part ways (KR, Kick Coverage guy he is still good)

if no, then it'll be a sad day as i'm a fan, but it'll be for the best for him to leave

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Quote:

Quote:

As a humorous aside... my kid writes a blog about Cleveland sports in general and offered the following gem:

"Tony Grossi is 'shocked' by the hire. So are his sources."

lifer...your son is pretty sharp...

I guess Grossi was not allowed in the room for this hire...

Chud...not a bad hire...we certainly "could do" worse...

Someone with some links to the area and the Browns...someone who dreamed of coaching the Browns and now has a chance to live out that dream.

Chud has my full support...also, I like the idea of pairing him up with Norv Turner, which might have been at Chud's request.

Now that Haslam and Banner have made the choice for head coach, the next move will be hiring a GM. Now Haslam and Banner need to find the best GM they can find...someone who has a record of being a good judge of talent...someone who can continue the rebuilding process and build on foundation that has been established.

The way I see it, this team should be two years away from challenging for a playoff birth...just once, the Browns need to finish what was started !

I actually feel that between Banner and Haslam, Chud stands the best chance to stick around longer than any HC so far. My gut tells me that Jimmy will be more patient in the rebuilding process than Lerner was with his HC's.

I like the hire. I'm not concerned if we change defenses as well. Many on here are talking like we had a top ranked defense in all categories however stats state otherwise. My preference is to keep what we have and see what it looks like in a couple years.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I think its more of "if they had him" compared to him being a fa.

I don't think he'll sign for cheap since he wants to be a receiver.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well I'm shocked..never saw it coming..I think because they missed out on the big names,some due to Banner..and the fact that Chud is young and wants to coach the Browns,..he blew them away..
Now I ant to see the OC/DC..and whomever is going to play Quasi GM.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Norv Turner's our new OC, Attack...

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I blame the media. They throw out names in hopes of being right and looking like a genius.

They made it sound like we were all in for chip kelly.

Maybe the meeting was so long because he was the biggest unknown with no nfl experience. The way he was hyped you would have to get an interview quick.

These guys talked to all sorts of coaches. I for one like the fact that they interviewed so many. When they found the guy they liked they acted.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
is that confirmed? or just really likely?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Not confirmed. It's just "likely" at this point. We all know how that can turn out.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I blame the media. They throw out names in hopes of being right and looking like a genius.

They made it sound like we were all in for chip kelly.

Maybe the meeting was so long because he was the biggest unknown with no nfl experience. The way he was hyped you would have to get an interview quick.

These guys talked to all sorts of coaches. I for one like the fact that they interviewed so many. When they found the guy they liked they acted.

I think that is exactly right. What I've learned as a "hiring person" in my professional life, when you perform multiple interviews, you gain more insight about what you want as the process moves along. Every candidate has something more to bring to the table.

None of the candidates really had everything they wanted. When Chud hit all of the critical points, it's no surprise they acted so quickly.

------------------------------
*In Baker we trust*
-------------------------------
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

Not sure Chud will be a great coach, good coach, or fail miserably but i like the hire. I would much rather take a chance on up and comer then hire a retread like Whisenhunt or a coach that has no NFL experience what so ever in Chip Kelly.

Good Luck Chud.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I want to see Turners name cemented..and who is going to be the new DC.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
That's what I thought. Especially when I heard chud talking about calling plays if he had to. If its turner he's not. If it's another up and comer, he might until the guy is ready.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
So were we the only team Chud interviewed with?

The local radio guys in C-Bus keep saying we got someone nobody else wanted.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

So were we the only team Chud interviewed with?

of course, he had 3 HC interviews last year. bet he's glad today he didn't get the JAX job!

#gmstrong
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
He interviewed with 3 teams last year iirc.

I could care less what the media says...they are a joke at all levels, except maybe the weather...and i would get that somewhere else too, because they have to dramatize that too...

Get him a guy to draft good talent, and some good coordinators, and get the heck out of the way for the duration.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I'm glad nobody else wanted him, In a few years from now they may be wishing they did.

This might just be one of those odd lucky things that turns out well for this organization and us fans.

G
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
G
Does anyone happen to have a link to the archived presser? The videos on the main site won't load for me and I don't appear to be alone.

Get_Rowdy
All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

He interviewed with 3 teams last year iirc.

I could care less what the media says...they are a joke at all levels, except maybe the weather...and i would get that somewhere else too, because they have to dramatize that too...

Get him a guy to draft good talent, and some good coordinators, and get the heck out of the way for the duration.

What's that Heckert fella doing these days?

"Let people think this is a dumpster fire," - Mike Pettine
All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

Does anyone happen to have a link to the archived presser? The videos on the main site won't load for me and I don't appear to be alone.

web page

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
sup rowdy.

works fine on chrome for me.

part 1

part 2

Last edited by BrownieElf; 01/11/13 04:38 PM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I will throw out a couple names of DC's. Mel Tucker obvious one. Jacke Del Rio, Dave Campo, Steve Spagnuolu, Rod Marinelli.

There are a lot of good DC's out there looking for work. Spagnuolo and Campo would be my two top choices.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
What I enjoyed seeing from chud is a few things, emotion true emotions as he is what millions of us cant play football guys wanna be...Coach...coach of the freaking Cleveland Browns....CLEVELAND BROWNS, sure dosent mean much to others but for us who bleed orange & Browns it means a dream come true..forget the dreams of models in bikinis on the beach, Chud is living the best one of all,

I like seeing a football guy, not a arrogent, power hungry know it all coach like so many out thier, you can tell when thier talking thier thinking of the proper thing to say to not come off as arrogent, but we know they are, Chud is a football guy, he talks football, he seems real, sure you have to have some attitude to be or survive as a coach in the NFL, but I dont see the power arrogence I see in others.

Good Luck Chud, theres gonna be hard times, hey it's Cleveland...Your living your dream....help us live ours....Bring a Super Bowl Trophy to Cleveland

C
Legend
Legend
C
Del Rio and Spagnuolo are currently employed as defensive coordinators.

G
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
G
Quote:

sup rowdy.

works fine on chrome for me.

part 1

part 2

Hey. Thanks. It wouldn't play in Firefox for some reason so I installed Chrome just to watch it.

Life as a Browns fan.

Get_Rowdy
Legend
Legend
nice to see ya Rowdy!

I thought it was a good presser.. basically what I expected.... didn't really say anything too telling, but nice to see a coach who seemed to really, really want to be coaching here. Seemed a little emotional. It should be an interesting couple of weeks to see who else we bring in.

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I'm just waiting for the tweet about Haslam being an irrelevant billionaire.

It's still early.. actually, I don't think even Grossi is that dumb..LOL

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Quote:

really?

Wow, that has to be the shortest post by you ever..

Yeah, Really.. that's exactly how you act..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
He does come off like that.

He was damn well near tears talking about the browns. One thing is for sure...these players are going to know exactly how the fan base feels based on what the browns do on sunday.

The thing that excites me the most is I think that we are finally going to see continuity. Haslam and banner are doing their due diligence.

Personally I think time is the key, and was bummed with another reset, but I get it.

Chud will get the time to learn, grow, teach, and implement an offense and defense.

I'm just guessing, cause I don't know Haslam, but he sure comes off as the type that will work hard, pick someone, and then get behind them and not second guess himself.

I honestly think that the insanity stops now....we are in for all the benefits of continuity and stability over time.

All Pro
All Pro
Guys like Haslam will get out of the way for a while. When they figure out their investment is going up in smoke they engage in a special kind of hardassery. At least it won't be a boring end of the season if we fall apart.

I'm cautiously optimistic. It all depends on the DC now. And what they get for a "GM".

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Well I'm shocked..never saw it coming..I think because they missed out on the big names,some due to Banner..and the fact that Chud is young and wants to coach the Browns,..he blew them away..
Now I ant to see the OC/DC..and whomever is going to play Quasi GM.

Here we go again with the "we missed out" on some of the big names. As far as I know, NO other offers were ever made.. None were reported, none were discussed. Just interviews.

Now, Kelly was a guy I thought they might have tried for if the second interview had actually taken place, but we can't miss on a guy that stayed where he was

I only say that becasue of the similar time line of events.

Interviewed Kelly one day, set up dinner for the next night. Could have been to confirm what they thought. Kelly no shows.

Interviewed Chud Wednesday, had dinner with him the next night and an hour into the dinner, they offer him the job..

Who knows, had the dinner occured with kelly last saturday, and he turned us down, that would have been swinging at a pitch in the dirt.

But the rest of the guys they interviewed, for my money, I don't think anyone else impressed them enough to jump on.

Whisenhut would have jumped on it, Trestman would have jumped on it, Marrone took Buffalo so quickly it was crazy, McCoy would have jumped on it, the guy from Penn State turned down all interviews, Saban didn't want to leave Bama.

Honestly, of all the candidates, there really were only three that I liked, and we got one of them.

What I didn't expect was to hear that we may get Norv Turner as an OC.. Now that's just icing on the cake...

hope it happens.

Myself, after someone reminded me about Chud (cause for whatever reason, I always forget about him) I thought that was a sure thing.. that's why I said we'd have someone hired by Friday..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Hire Rob Chudzinski

Link Copied to Clipboard