Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
J/K

If we dont fix our secondary questions it dosent matter how rested our DL & LB are, were gonna get torched,

Weak secondary, good DL & LB can easly be beaten with the hurry-up, we need to upgrade our secondary area or any move we've made will be for not, might as well not signed anybody at all.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Why would anyone suggest one or the other had to go???

1. Rubin fits perfect in the 3-4. He was a pretty good NT in his 3-4 days n has the Motor to play some reps at DE if need be (Running downs)

2. Taylor never in my eyes fit as a NT in the 3-4 except for his size. He never showed any discipline whatsoever to take on blockers (blocker eater) or maintain Gap discipline. If he has the speed I think he has (for a big man) I like him for the slashing Chaos maker we would want to have from the new Attack DE position.

3. My position breakdown for our 3-4 has been
NT - Rubin, Hughes...Check!
DE - Taylor, Winn...we added Bryant in FA but still need another DE for the rotation.

But many as soon as we got Bryant felt oh oh somebody has to go??? I see us carrying 6 viable in a rotation...all 6 should have some game. Also a 7th who could be versatile to fill a void in either NT or DE...that right now appears to be Kitchen. Will we upgrade?

Sheard is the one I heard mentioned about trade n that was from Casserly as he thought Sheard was worth a 1st round pick of this draft (mid to late round) for a 4-3 team.

JMHO

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

Because people have to have something to complain about.

Legend
Legend
Yup. We are looking great IMO on the D-Line. I really like the Bryant signing. I think Hughes backs up Taylor at LE, though.

LE: Taylor / Hughes
NT: Rubin / Kitchen
RE: Bryant / Winn

and that is a verrrry nice rotation.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
+1

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Reading this thread and the numbskulls that actually think Banner is lying when he says the DL is set and noone will be traded, just baffles me.

I guess some fans are just so happy with mediocrity, that they can't stand or even understand when good moves are made.

Our Dline is set, trading one of them would be assinine. Trading one for a back-up QB is even dumber. To even suggest that just because the offer is good, they would weaken the roster is just plain, I can't think of a worse word than assinine.

I believe some just want this FO to continue the ineptness that we have been used to. I personally don't get it.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
It would be foolish to deal or part with any of our current linemen.

It really even shouldn't be a discussion. *If* the front office is even remotely considering this, or even taking calls - it's a clear and transparent sign of complete and utter ignorance. The line is what makes the entire defense look good, and our current selection of big guys we have to choose from would, IMO, put us in top 5 best defensive lines in the game. The depth, the rotation and the talent we have is going to wreak sooooooooooo much havoc on offensive fronts.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Browns not interested in trading Rubin or Taylor

Cleveland Browns chief executive officer Joe Banner said the team is not considering trading DT Ahtyba Rubin or DT Phil Taylor.

Head coach Rob Chudzinski said one of them will play the nose tackle and the other will play defensive end.

2013-03-14 11:45:03 | Source: The Cleveland Plain Dealer - Mary Kay Cabot

not surprised but I'm glad he made it public

My feeling on it as well... though there is a lot of double talk during this time of year, but I'd expect this to be 100% truth..

<><

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Yup. We are looking great IMO on the D-Line. I really like the Bryant signing. I think Hughes backs up Taylor at LE, though.

LE: Taylor / Hughes
NT: Rubin / Kitchen
RE: Bryant / Winn

and that is a verrrry nice rotation.

It is a "verrrry" nice rotation, and I don't think it's going to matter who backs up who.....I think all of them are going to get very similar reps.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Browns not interested in trading Rubin or Taylor

Cleveland Browns chief executive officer Joe Banner said the team is not considering trading DT Ahtyba Rubin or DT Phil Taylor.

Head coach Rob Chudzinski said one of them will play the nose tackle and the other will play defensive end.

2013-03-14 11:45:03 | Source: The Cleveland Plain Dealer - Mary Kay Cabot

not surprised but I'm glad he made it public

My feeling on it as well... though there is a lot of double talk during this time of year, but I'd expect this to be 100% truth..

I believe it is, though I don't think it couldn't change. If someone throws a "kitchen sink" at us I am sure we might change our minds.

Things can change day to day.....heck, this time of year, hour to hour in some cases.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

1. Rubin fits perfect in the 3-4. He was a pretty good NT in his 3-4 days n has the Motor to play some reps at DE if need be (Running downs)

2. Taylor never in my eyes fit as a NT in the 3-4 except for his size. He never showed any discipline whatsoever to take on blockers (blocker eater) or maintain Gap discipline. If he has the speed I think he has (for a big man) I like him for the slashing Chaos maker we would want to have from the new Attack DE position.

3. My position breakdown for our 3-4 has been
NT - Rubin, Hughes...Check!
DE - Taylor, Winn...we added Bryant in FA but still need another DE for the rotation.

But many as soon as we got Bryant felt oh oh somebody has to go??? I see us carrying 6 viable in a rotation...all 6 should have some game. Also a 7th who could be versatile to fill a void in either NT or DE...that right now appears to be Kitchen. Will we upgrade?

Sheard is the one I heard mentioned about trade n that was from Casserly as he thought Sheard was worth a 1st round pick of this draft (mid to late round) for a 4-3 team.

JMHO

did rubin play DE in 2008 and 2009? i know shaun rodgers did but i thought rubin did to?

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Legend
Legend
Rogers played NT, and Rubin backed him up in 2009, then replaced him as Rogers was on semi-permanent injury vacation in 2010. Our DE were Coleman and Roye, until he got hurt, then Schaefering took over at DE for Roye.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

Rogers played NT, and Rubin backed him up in 2009, then replaced him as Rogers was on semi-permanent injury vacation in 2010. Our DE were Coleman and Roye, until he got hurt, then Schaefering took over at DE for Roye.

naw. i knoww rodgers played some DE that year. with rubin at NT. thought rubin took some time at DE while rodgers played NT. rodgers did not play that much that year but....? yea 2010? yea that might have been it?

Last edited by pblack18707; 03/15/13 08:09 PM.
D
Rookie
Rookie
D
Phil Tayor is a young tackle I repeat YOUNG TACKLE
of course his game needs improvement (coaches job)?
Keep in mind with his freak pec injury he missed half a season
therefore he is actually only one half a season from being a rookie.
with his quickness (forget the size)
he will beast out at DE
just needs some coaching up about his gap responsibilities

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
yea its reasy his 3rd first year.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

naw. i knoww rodgers played some DE that year. with rubin at NT. thought rubin took some time at DE while rodgers played NT. rodgers did not play that much that year but....? yea 2010? yea that might have been it?

Rogers played very limited snaps in 2010, and only had 17 tackles for the year. I don't recall him playing DE that year. He may have, but I don't remember that at all.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
L
Legend
Legend
L
the Browns will say they won't be trading them right up until the minute they trade one of them (or not).

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
E
Legend
Legend
E
I don't ever remember Rubin playing any reps at 3-4 DE...ever.

100%??? If I am wrong then it was 99% He was THE NT as he progressed n before he became THE NT...he was the NT in training!

Also I don't see how anyone can remotely think of HUGHES as a DE...sorry the kid is a good Blocker eater n 2 gapper...but no where the speed to play the DE position, Taylor who is bigger yes cause he has the explosion n speed. Again I'm not perfect but that is my observation. Rubin has shown more explosion n speed than Hughes that is why I said in certain occasions (injuries or Short Yardage, Sure Running downs) I could see him out there for a few REPS.

JMHO

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Rubin was drafted by Crennel and played in Crennel's and Mangini's 3-4 schemes.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
All I know is Big Phil is a wrecking machine and Vers is majorly wrong on this one, the kid is vastly underrated. Rubin's play dropped off without Phil next to him and for those that like to downplay Rubin's importance, Big Phil's play dropped off without Rubin next to him.

The good thing with their injuries last year is that it gave Hughes and Winn a chance to play and I really thought both came on strong but wore down at the end of the season. The rookie wall is for real and most of our rookies hit it along with the front office distraction.

We will have one hell of a defensive line and I believe we will have one hell of a linebacker corps as well. Kruger carried the ravens defense and at times, he and Ngata was it. Ray Lewis's only contribution was his long winded pregame speeches and the only time Suggs got to the QB is when Kruger ran him that way.

Anyway excuse my ramblings lol hughes is a pure nose, Rubin I see as a primarily a nose but he is probably quick enough off the snap to slide out at DE at times but I agree he is best suited as a nose.

Big Phil should be able to play either. I think the guy is going to be perennial probowl player.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Banner says NEITHER Rubin or Taylor will be traded

Link Copied to Clipboard