Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Dawg_LB #764805 03/17/13 08:43 PM
B
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

Steelers showing interest in Dumervil. Do they even have any cap to work with to even make an offer that is competitive?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000...-elvis-dumervil

Article says Ravens as well...

D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

Quote:

Steelers showing interest in Dumervil. Do they even have any cap to work with to even make an offer that is competitive?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000...-elvis-dumervil

Article says Ravens as well...

It's already been stated about Ravens and some other teams.

Steelers also interested in Bradshaw. I think they have no depth or quality at the RB position. Green Bay also interested in Ahmad's services:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/17/steelers-packers-interested-in-ahmad-bradshaw/

Dawg_LB #764807 03/18/13 03:19 AM
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Sort of irritating. At this point I would have rather gotten Dumervil than Kruger. I'd hate to see him end up in the AFC north anywhere but here.

Kingcob #764808 03/18/13 07:07 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yeah I hear you on that one. Not necessarily on coming here but staying out of the AFC North.

I hope Green Bay come in and scoops him up, don't know if they are interested but he would be a nice fit there I think.

Rookie
Rookie
Quote:

Welcome to the board, Staff Sergeant! (I presume from your sig).

That is correct...and thank you.

[Linked Image from s9.postimage.org]
Rookie
Rookie
Quote:

Quote:

Welcome to the board, Staff Sergeant! (I presume from your sig).

Yes and Thank you for your service ... God bless

You're welcome...and thank you!

[Linked Image from s9.postimage.org]
AFdawg #764811 03/18/13 07:40 AM
B
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
B

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That would be a good fit. Fitzpatrick and Dalton are very similar players. Fitzpatrick is a smart veteran. I think he would help Dalton's development.

Not sure who the Bengals backup Qb was last season but the only Qb besides Dalton currently on their roster is Zac Robinson.

Last edited by Jester; 03/18/13 08:08 AM.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Jester #764813 03/18/13 08:30 AM
B
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
B
It was Gradkowski, who recently signed w the Steelers...

Jester #764814 03/18/13 09:47 AM
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
As a brief reminder. Fitzpatrick was the starter in Cinci before he went to Buffalo. He was Palmer's backup but started for 12 games that season.

Gradkowski is also a former Bengal backup QB.

Kingcob #764815 03/18/13 10:31 AM
E
Legend
Legend
E
just clicking

Talib signed one year w/Pats??? Leaving Grimes as the top dawg left for CB FA.

Not good he left the Bldg. without a Contract signed. Recent history hasn't shown it as a good sign. Dolphins have MONEY LEFT???

Dummerville - I like him too but Kruger would be opposite of him so not apples to apples in comparison. But I think he was a surprise so that it was Avril or Kruger n we won that scenario. Still we could spend more than Steelers or Ravens IF WE WANTED...So I won't question the FO...they went into this with a plan n have stuck with it. I'm pretty sure CB FS still might be in the plan. Although FS I haven't seen much interest shown by us???

JMHO

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
eotab #764816 03/18/13 10:36 AM
Legend
Legend
It is entirely possible that Horton has looked at the plethora of youngsters we have at FS and has seen someone he likes in that role in his defense. Stranger things have happened. Heck, if he could turn one of our young players into a legitimate starter, that would be tremendous.

We have been linked to Rhodes at one point though. He could be seen as a mentor type though.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
E
Legend
Legend
E
If so that would be Gipson. He impressed me a lot!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Wouldn't it be astounding if Usama Young turned into a pro-bowler this season?

There hasn't been too much action in free agency in general. Byrd re-signed or was tagged with the Bills. I believe Goldson said he wouldn't play here(I may be wrong). Reed is unsure what he is doing or where he is going. There isn't exactly a bevy of talented safeties in this league.

My love for Sheldon brown is ridiculous but I wouldn't mind seeing him back there at free safety.

For whatever reason I desperately want our defense to get turnovers this season. I am tired of our top INT being like 4-6. Anthony Henry's rookie year spoiled me completely. Haden, Brown, and Young each had three INTs last season.
Color me unimpressed.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

The Cleveland Browns could target free-agent S Kerry Rhodes (Cardinals)

The Browns COULD do a lot of things... this sounds like nothing more than the authors speculation... unless he has some kind of source, which he doesn't mention.

yebat' Putin
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Yea, there seemed to be a lot of "could be interested/targeting" especially right when FA started.

If we somehow come out of this signing Davis and Grimes (wishful thinking probably) this will be my favorite FA period since the move. As it stands right now I still like what we have done.

jb52 #764821 03/18/13 11:46 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yeah, I like what they have done also.

Over paid a little for Kruger but that was counterbalanced by getting Groves at a bargain, imo.

Work still to be done... but again by leting the market settle and re- price itself we are still in position to get some guys we can plug and play...

As I have said for the past three regimes... we need to have a plan but even more we have to have the stones to work it and not scrap it evey three years or so.

Looks like there is a plan... will be let it run it's course?

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
C
Legend
Legend
C
List of the best players still available:

Quote:

Quarterback
1. Ryan Fitzpatrick: Fitzpatrick is far from a jewel, but his experience should at least make him useful as a backup somewhere. He’s never been able to shake his extremely turnover-prone ways.

2. Kevin Kolb: He’s not a free agent yet, but that’s just a matter of time. Kolb’s younger than Fitzpatrick and may have been doomed to fail in a bad situation with the Cardinals. Any team out there looking at Kolb as a potential starter is in bad shape for 2013.

3. Jason Campbell: There does not appear to be much left in the tank at this point in Campbell’s career, but teams could do worse in the search for a backup. He’s at least been through the ringer as an NFL QB.

Running back
1. Ahmad Bradshaw: A healthy Bradshaw would be an elite find among this year’s free-agent class. Even though he’s constantly banged up, Bradshaw remains a dual-threat weapon.

2. Michael Turner: If you want a big-play threat, look elsewhere. If you need an experienced back capable of handling 220-plus carries, though, Turner still fits the bill.

3. Felix Jones: There just has to be more Jones can do, right? Somewhere, hiding within a battered and inconsistent player is the guy that led the league with a 5.9 yards-per-carry average a few years back.

Wide receiver
1. Brandon Lloyd: New England may not want Lloyd back, but he should find a home after a 74-catch 2012 season. There were reports that Lloyd was a bit of an issue in the locker room, so that could drive down his market.

2. Darrius Heyward-Bey: DHB appeared ready to turn the corner after a strong 2011 season, only to slip back to mediocrity in 2012. He’s still young and remains a dangerous weapon outside, especially if he winds up in a solid offensive situation.

3. Julian Edelman: The poor man’s Wes Welker may have trouble finding a place where he fits as well as New England … and he still could wind up back with the Patriots. Still, for a team in need of a cheap, versatile slot receiver, Edelman has to be in consideration.

BURKE: Best, worst contracts from free agency’s first week

Tight end
1. Fred Davis: Davis lost more than half the 2012 season to a torn Achilles. He’s a legitimate threat for a passing attack when he’s at 100 percent.

2. Kellen Davis: The Bears signed Martellus Bennett to play tight end because Davis proved nearly incapable of catching a pass. He is good enough, however, to warrant a shot as at least a second tight end.

3. Dante Rosario: Rosario had that three-touchdown game last season with Antonio Gates hurt, then barely made a peep the rest of the year. That explosive performance hints at the potential that’s there, though.

Offensive tackle
1. Andre Smith: Smith had a sensational 2012 — one that wasn’t quite in line with the rest of his career. So, teams will be wary of paying for a player who could revert back to his disappointing previous form. That said, 2012 Andre Smith was a beast.

2. Sebastian Vollmer: If not for injury worries, Vollmer probably would be ahead of Smith here. He’s a hulking but athletic presence on the edge and has proven to be a terrific fit for New England’s offense.

3. Eric Winston: Winston should come cheaper than either Smith or Vollmer. Of course, there’s a reason for that: Winston is a step down from these players.

Guard/Center
1. Brandon Moore: The best interior lineman on the market, Moore should see the buzz around him pick up now that the top tier free agents are off the board.

2. Kevin Boothe: The ex-Giant delivered an underrated performance in 2012. Better yet, he can slide out and play tackle, too.

3. Dan Koppen: The Patriots cut Koppen last year, only for the veteran to step in and play very well for Denver. He’s reaching the end of the line, but he showed in 2012 that he can get the job done.

BANKS: Five non-playoff teams who improved the most

Defensive tackle
1. Richard Seymour: Seymour might retire rather than suit up in 2013 — he’s reportedly asking for big money, which could price him out of just about every team’s range. That’s too bad, because he played well for Oakland last year before an injury sidelined him.

2. Sedrick Ellis: A lot of the free-agent DTs have come off the board already, leaving high-upside, low-production guys like Ellis, the No. 7 pick in 2008.

3. Sen’Derrick Marks: Sort of in the same boat as Ellis, as his play on the field has never really lived up to the hype. Still just 26 years old, the undersized Marks could be a solid depth addition.

Defensive end
1. Elvis Dumervil: All of the sacks, none of the fax. A ridiculous Kinko’s-related snafu last week released Dumervil onto the open market. He did not play well enough in 2012 to earn the $12 million he was set to make in 2013 (before agreeing to that ill-fated pay cut). He does still bring enough pass-rushing ability to the table to be arguably the top available player out there right now.

2. John Abraham: That the pass-rush-needy Falcons sent Abraham packing is a bit of a red flag, and the incredibly cold market for defensive ends won’t help him. Abraham did have 10.0 sacks in 2012.

3. Dwight Freeney: The 33-year-old Freeney managed a mere 5.0 sacks in 14 games for the Colts last year. But his veteran savvy should earn him some points.

Outside linebackers
1. Victor Butler: Maybe the most overlooked member of this year’s free-agent class, Butler might thrive if given a shot to play on a full-time basis.

2. James Harrison: Harrison will turn 35 in May and his production has been on a steady decline since a 16.0-sack season back in 2008.

3. Daryl Smith: He should come extremely cheap after a groin injury limited him to fewer than 125 snaps last season. Smith is far from a great pass rusher, but he did have two seasons of 107 tackles from 2009-11.

Inside linebackers
1. Karlos Dansby: Pushed out by Miami’s defensive revamping, Dansby should field plenty of calls from teams in need of reliable inside ‘backers. He was on the field for more than 1,100 snaps in 2012 as a three-down player.

2. Brad Jones: The 26-year-old Jones never could nail down a starting role in Green Bay, so teams will have to temper their expectations.

3. Brian Urlacher: The name is more of a sell now than the player. Urlacher would be a nice fit on a young, talented defense in need of a veteran voice. Just don’t expect him to be a Pro Bowler.

Cornerback
1. Brent Grimes: Possibly the next big piece to fall (maybe by returning to Atlanta), Grimes earned the franchise tag prior to 2012, only to tear his Achilles. He could wind up a bit of a steal.

2. Antoine Winfield: Minnesota’s surprise release of Winfield could be another franchise’s gain. The veteran has been sensational as a slot corner for multiple seasons, and he was Pro Football Focus’ top-rated CB overall in 2012.

3. E.J. Biggers: With apologies to Nnamdi Asomugha, Biggers deserve a mention here after how he played for Tampa Bay’s brutal defense last season. He’s not a No. 1 guy, but he should be strong addition to someone’s secondary.

Safety
1. Ed Reed: How much does Reed have left? If the 2012 season was any indication, the hourglass is almost out of sand. And yet, he’s now a Super Bowl champion with a terrific locker room presence and the ability to change a game in a heartbeat.

2. Kerry Rhodes: Rhodes played amazingly well for Arizona last season, so his release — even though he was owed $6 million — was a surprise. If Reed is commanding attention, then Rhodes should be, too.

3. Michael Huff: The Raiders played Huff at corner for most of last year because their roster was such a mess. He should be back at safety in 2013, where he’s a better player.

Link

cfrs15 #764823 03/18/13 03:22 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Off that list I like Heyward-Bey, Fred Davis, Victor Butler, Brent Grimes, and Kerry Rhodes. If we signed only one of those guys I would be pretty happy.

cfrs15 #764824 03/18/13 04:40 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
From a link within that same article titled "Five Non Playoff Teams Who Improved The Most"...

3. Cleveland -- If the Browns do intend to ride out the foreseeable future with quarterback Brandon Weeden, I like the approach of surrounding him with the best possible defense and running game and giving him some time to work on his craft in the NFL. That's why Cleveland's emphasis on increased pass rush and improving their defensive front seven in free agency has been a solid plan of attack. You can argue the point the Browns over-paid Ravens outside linebacker Paul Kruger at $8 million a year over five years, but he did lead the Super Bowl champions in sacks last season and rose to the occasion in the postseason.

Even better than Kruger's signing was the addition of ex-Oakland defensive tackle Desmond Bryant, a well-regarded talent who is going to greatly aid Cleveland's transition to the 3-4 defense under new coordinator Ray Horton. Bryant will move to end in the Browns' scheme, and he's adept at both creating pass pressure and playing the run. Bryant is known for great intensity and effort and his addition should provide some much-needed attitude to the Browns. When you factor in the bargain basement addition of free-agent outside linebacker Quentin Groves, who had a nice comeback season in Arizona playing under Horton, Cleveland's defense suddenly has a lot more firepower and the ability to quickly transition to its new formation.

Though the Browns could still use a veteran cornerback in free agency, they've still got some options in one of the deepest positions in this year's market. The additions of Kruger and Groves this week also mean Cleveland could go in a direction other than outside linebacker -- widely predicted before free agency began -- with its No. 6 pick in the first round of April's draft. If a cornerback like Alabama's Dee Milliner is still on the board, the Browns will have done deft work of making free agency set up and dovetail with their draft.

#gmstrong
ddubia #764825 03/18/13 05:15 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

From a link within that same article titled "Five Non Playoff Teams Who Improved The Most"...

3. Cleveland -- If the Browns do intend to ride out the foreseeable future with quarterback Brandon Weeden, I like the approach of surrounding him with the best possible defense and running game and giving him some time to work on his craft in the NFL. That's why Cleveland's emphasis on increased pass rush and improving their defensive front seven in free agency has been a solid plan of attack. You can argue the point the Browns over-paid Ravens outside linebacker Paul Kruger at $8 million a year over five years, but he did lead the Super Bowl champions in sacks last season and rose to the occasion in the postseason.

Even better than Kruger's signing was the addition of ex-Oakland defensive tackle Desmond Bryant, a well-regarded talent who is going to greatly aid Cleveland's transition to the 3-4 defense under new coordinator Ray Horton. Bryant will move to end in the Browns' scheme, and he's adept at both creating pass pressure and playing the run. Bryant is known for great intensity and effort and his addition should provide some much-needed attitude to the Browns. When you factor in the bargain basement addition of free-agent outside linebacker Quentin Groves, who had a nice comeback season in Arizona playing under Horton, Cleveland's defense suddenly has a lot more firepower and the ability to quickly transition to its new formation.

Though the Browns could still use a veteran cornerback in free agency, they've still got some options in one of the deepest positions in this year's market. The additions of Kruger and Groves this week also mean Cleveland could go in a direction other than outside linebacker -- widely predicted before free agency began -- with its No. 6 pick in the first round of April's draft. If a cornerback like Alabama's Dee Milliner is still on the board, the Browns will have done deft work of making free agency set up and dovetail with their draft.

+1

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Saints snagged up Ben Watson for three years. Ben should be happy, he'll be used a lot there I think.

Dawg_LB #764827 03/18/13 05:38 PM
D
Legend
Legend
D

Dawg_LB #764828 03/18/13 05:48 PM
D
Legend
Legend
D

Dawg_LB #764829 03/18/13 06:02 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Matt Hasselbeck released by the Titans:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151623/article/matt-hasselbeck-released-by-tennessee-titans

Now that is an interesting person to look at. got the experience, can mentor Weeden or take over and do a solid job until the right guy is found. That's if he's got anything left in the tank..I don't know if he does or not.

I wouldn't mind Grimes and Bey.. in fact, I'd like both.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
2nd String
2nd String
P
It really wouldn't surprise me at all if Heyward-Bey ended up on the Browns, considering he has the physical attributes to be a pretty good deep threat and Little seems to be better from the slot.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What ever happened to Danario Alexander? Is he still out there or has he signed with someone? He played well for Norv. I wonder why we haven't shown any interest in him at all. I know he has the injury history but he stayed healthy all of last year and produced.

Also noticed Dallas Clark on that list. What's his story? Where did he go after he left Indy? Didn't hear much about him last year. Was he injured or did he just get old and stop producing? Is he a viable TE candidate for us or is he just a big name now?

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Dawg_LB #764832 03/18/13 07:06 PM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

Matt Hasselbeck released by the Titans:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151623/article/matt-hasselbeck-released-by-tennessee-titans

Browns have shown interest:

"ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Monday that the Arizona Cardinals, Buffalo Bills, Chicago Bears, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns , Indianapolis Colts, New Orleans Saints, New York Giants, San Francisco 49ers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers all have shown early interest in Hasselbeck. The Cardinals and Bills are the only two without a named starting quarterback."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000...matt-hasselbeck

Jester #764833 03/18/13 07:55 PM
P
2nd String
2nd String
P
Quote:

What ever happened to Danario Alexander? Is he still out there or has he signed with someone? He played well for Norv. I wonder why we haven't shown any interest in him at all. I know he has the injury history but he stayed healthy all of last year and produced.

Well being he's an RFA, anyone can make on a offer on him. San Diego has the right of refusal, so they can match any offer that is made for him and Alexander would remain a Charger. I'm pissed about our new GM, Tom Telesco, slapping an original round tender on him, even with the knee injuries. Because he was undrafted, a team can outbid the Chargers and not have to give us any draft picks in return. All because Tom Telesco wants to save $700K in cap space.

As for Alexander as a player, the dude's an absolute beast. Every bit as good as Vincent Jackson was in the Air Coryell offense. I'm scared ****less that the Browns are going to offer him a frontloaded contract worth maybe $20 million over 4 years, because the Chargers won't be able to match.

J
Rookie
Rookie
J
I have two I haven't hard much about anywhere. One being Danario Alexander. With obvious ties to Norv Turner and a RFA tender that involves no draft picks I would love to have him in Cleveland. If he can stay healthy he is a great pick up.

Another than can be had very cheaply is Ramses Barden. He has never really gotten a starting shot in NY. Last year in a spot start he had a huge game. He is a tall fast receiver that I think could shine in our new vertical passing game.

What do you all think?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I have two I haven't hard much about anywhere. One being Danario Alexander. With obvious ties to Norv Turner and a RFA tender that involves no draft picks I would love to have him in Cleveland. If he can stay healthy he is a great pick up.

Another than can be had very cheaply is Ramses Barden. He has never really gotten a starting shot in NY. Last year in a spot start he had a huge game. He is a tall fast receiver that I think could shine in our new vertical passing game.

What do you all think?

Danario Alexander would be a perfect fit, having played for Norv and not to mention he is a very very good WR ... JMHO

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
N
Legend
Legend
N
I like Danario and all, but he is no Vincent Jackson

#gmstrong
P
2nd String
2nd String
P
Quote:

I like Danario and all, but he is no Vincent Jackson

As a guy who's watched every game that Vincent Jackson has played in a Charger uniform, Alexander is every bit the receiver. During Week 7, Alexander stepped into a completely broken offense last year (San Diego's offensive line was probably the second worst in the league, which is horrible for any system yet alone Norv's Air Coryell system) and put up extremely similar numbers to VJ for the next 9 weeks. I really can't emphasize how amazing that is. He literally walked off the street, learned the playbook, and put up VJ-like numbers for 9 weeks in a offense that was horrific compared to Tampa Bay's. There are very, very few receivers in the league who could do that.

Frankly, the only thing VJ is definitively better than Alexander at is blocking.

In summary, if Alexander didn't have a bum knee, he'd a $13 million per year guy.

T
Rookie
Rookie
T
Quote:

What do you all think?

both are really fascinating to me, diggin the vibe a bit

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Thanks for posting here and offering your opinion. Much appreciated. Not sure if you're from the SD area, but I went out there about 1.5 years ago and found my favorite brewery: Lost Abbey.....and I've sampled a LOT of good beers.

Back on track, I'm surprised you mention your line was bad. I thought Vazquez was a very hot commodity this offseason.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
2nd String
2nd String
P
Quote:

Thanks for posting here and offering your opinion. Much appreciated. Not sure if you're from the SD area, but I went out there about 1.5 years ago and found my favorite brewery: Lost Abbey.....and I've sampled a LOT of good beers.

Back on track, I'm surprised you mention your line was bad. I thought Vazquez was a very hot commodity this offseason.

I haven't been but that sounds good! We have a pretty good brewery scene here in SD.

Oh, and Vazquez was literally the only decent player on our line last year. We had a rookie UDFA who played RT at UCLA starting at our LT position, and below average starters at LG, C, and RT.

And Vazquez was a little overpaid by Denver IMO.

Back on topic: I'm going to be very disappointed if Norv lobbies the Cleveland front office to sign Alexander. GMs must be extremely hesitant about his five knee surgeries (probably rightfully so) because the guy is too talented to not be paid more.

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Many around here have taken to thinking that Rivers is over-the-hill and not a good QB anymore. My belief has always been that because of his physical limitations, he's only going to be as good as his line. To that end, with the loss of some skill players and a pathetic line, Rivers could only do so much.

I don't know that you had the 2nd worst line in the NFL, but congrats...you were in the top-5 (in the bad way) I agree that Vasquez was your best guy, and you bet the Donks over-paid to land him.

Regarding Alexander...5 surgeries on his knees? Holy Hell. He's still a pup, relatively speaking...

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
OverToad #764842 03/19/13 01:47 AM
P
2nd String
2nd String
P
Quote:

Many around here have taken to thinking that Rivers is over-the-hill and not a good QB anymore. My belief has always been that because of his physical limitations, he's only going to be as good as his line. To that end, with the loss of some skill players and a pathetic line, Rivers could only do so much.

I don't know that you had the 2nd worst line in the NFL, but congrats...you were in the top-5 (in the bad way) I agree that Vasquez was your best guy, and you bet the Donks over-paid to land him.

Regarding Alexander...5 surgeries on his knees? Holy Hell. He's still a pup, relatively speaking...

Yeah.

I'm not going to turn this into a "Philip Rivers is still a great QB thread" (I've been involved in far too many for one lifetime haha), but I'm just going to say that a Rivers-led offense has finished out of the top 5 in scoring once — in 2012. And his prime years (2008-2010) were with average offensive lines. And his best year IMO (2010) was the year he was throwing to guys like Seyi Ajirotutu and Legedu Naanee for large portions of the season.

In other words, give him even an average OL (not the joke of an OL he was given in 2012 and through much of 2011, until Jared Gaither showed up and Rivers' QB rating went through the roof) and the guy will play at an elite level.

OT: Yeah, pretty crazy that Alexander's 24 years-old and has had 5 knee surgeries haha.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I had started a thread on the other board about Rivers when it became apparent Norv and Smith were goners. I was hoping their new regime would want to go in another direction and Rivers would become available. I think Rivers would excel behind Cleveland's OL. Believe me, our OL is excellent at pass blocking.

Back to the thread:

I think Hasselback is very interesting. He would be a good choice if we decide to give Weeden another year. Hasselback could come in for Weeden if the latter flops--which is certainly a possibility.

The other guy is Kerry Rhodes. I liked him in NY. He is big. Flies around. Good hitter. His problem was that he wasn't always the most disciplined player on the field. Can get turned around in space. I heard he played well last year, but I didn't watch any of Arizona's games. I wonder if Horton likes him?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Back to the thread:

I think Hasselback is very interesting. He would be a good choice if we decide to give Weeden another year. Hasselback could come in for Weeden if the latter flops--which is certainly a possibility.

we could have gotten him like 3 years ago and most people didn't want him... because of his age.
I don't know why we would want him now that more time has passed and he has only gotten older and his durability has gotten worse.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Free Agency IV

Link Copied to Clipboard