Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
D
I think we can narrow things down to these guys as being the front runners.
I think a trade down is what the brainthust is after.
I still think unless we sign Goeff Swartz or another Guard It''s Chance Warmack at 6 or hopefully after moving down a couple of spots (worth a 3rd rounder) sorry we are not going to trade down far enough to get a 2nd rounder unless we drop alot more than 2 - 4 spots Warmack will be long gone by then if he is the target maybe as high as 10 . My second most likely pick would be Cordarrelle Patterson the stand out WR from UT (owner prefered?)we could trade alot further than we could to get Warmack than this guy and still get him I think (enough to grab a second).
Milner is another possibility,and the Eckard TE dude. still in the running is Izzy but with the signings I think the chances we select him at 6 are now very low.
Another possibility we may not have thought of is swapping picks with The Pats for Ryan Mallet. Or a trade with someone else where we could still get our guy furtherr down I don't think pass rusher is now our top priority after the singings we have made.

N
Legend
Legend
N
no OG at #6. if we trade down with Miami to #12 and pickup a 2nd (and more), then I'd entertain it, but I'd still rather get someone for our secondary.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I posed this question in a different thread and the more I think about it, I'm not sure we have signed anybody that is going to make us change our draft strategy... Pass rusher isn't quite as big a need as it was before so we can be more selective but if we feel a truly elite pass rusher is there at #6, I still think that is the way to go.

yebat' Putin
N
Legend
Legend
N
i would say that as of this exact moment, we are a little desperate for DBs.
but, I don't expect that will be the case by the time the draft rolls around.

#gmstrong
D
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
D
I wouldn't mind an elite pass rusher myself so I agree with you if we go there no problem,I still think the odds are now lower for that and indicate the brainthrust is going in another direction,.

D
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
D
You are saying Milner at 6? I just don't see it mainly because of where we are picking

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I never thought we would go after a DT at #6 so it doesn't change it for me one bit. I think we still sign at least 1 DB and regardless go in with Milliner as top dog. Followed by a slew of passrushers. I've been on record saying I think Sheard is a liability in this defense. That said if Milliner is gone I see us grabbing a pass rusher at 6 and shipping Sheard to a 43 team on draft day. Ansah and IMO Mingo will be too much to pass up. It's possible a team such as Atlanta with a desperate need for a DE right away(as they are pushing for a championship NOW with Tony Gonzo and without John Abraham) could be a team to come knocking. Sheard has not been a bust. He is worth at least the 2nd with which we got him. I would die if we fanangled ATLs last 1st with Sheard and some other combo.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

You are saying Milner at 6? I just don't see it mainly because of where we are picking

I'm saying that before FA I would have given a really good pass rusher the edge over Milliner at #6.. now I might be leaning more toward Milliner if he's available.. but still wouldn't be terribly upset if went pass rusher either.

All I think FA has done is make pass rusher a little less of a priority... but you can't have too many top notch pass rushers so it's not completely out of the question.. (especially since we aren't 100% sure we have ONE top notch pass rusher yet)...

yebat' Putin
D
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
D
Predator with all due respect
The coaches are saying otherwise in regard to Sheard, they seem to like him as do I second rounder for him? maybe maybe not .
We cannot say he is a liablility at this point,because we don't know.
And don't forget we have some young and upcoming LBs JMJ and that other rookie
A much bigger need at this point is the Defensive backfield,but I don't see Millner as worth a 6 over all selection.
Looking to me like a trade down is very very likely

Legend
Legend
I just get the feeling that interior OL is not on the list of positions this front office would consider at 6. You can never have enough pass rushers. You can never have enough coverage corners. I think that, given the quality of players at these positions at the top of the draft, and given that maybe 2 or 3 OT likely go before we pick, means that we're going to have come game changers when we pick.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
I agree with all of that... especially since I heard Jaws say this morning that he thinks Geno Smith is a top 5 pick.

yebat' Putin
S
Legend
Legend
S
BPA (outside of a small handful of positions)

Legend
Legend
Milliner, or the big surprise would be Geno.

We don't need OLB's.. We don't need D-line. No Safeties are worth the 6.. no ILB's are worth the 6.

I'll be darned if we pick a guard at 6. turrible. just turrible if that were to happen.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
D
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
D
Even more reason for a trade down If we are going corner why not trade down grab the BPA or even the best CB on the board? I heard Tommie Z (SS) got cut ,hmmmmm might not be a bad singing there.
Along with TJ ward that would shore the safety problem up..
As far as I hear we are still after one of the remaining decent corners 2 to be exact ,also hear we are hot after the best FA TE..
The Guard postion has still not been addressed. so the second best guard (trade down) m\ight also be an option, UT WR Carrelle Patterson could still be a target (trade down)as well as Jordon or Izzy ( if we stay at 6)
As I see it here are our priorities left in Free Agency
1. CB ( I don't like Millner at 6)
2. OG (will free up our first pick for pass rusher )
3. S Tom Z just got cut pull the trigger on this guy.
4.WR for veteran leadership.
So that opens up our draft options to
1..Elite pass rusher, alot of cunfusion here. a. Izzy blew up the combine and his upside is off the charts.beast or bust potential best skill set of the group)
b Jordon (potential star quality pass rusher )but has injury concerns
c.Jarvis Jones same as Jordon star quality but injuy concerns
This would give us alot more flexablity in the draft
1. Trade down best option to address WR and OG2.
2. stay at 6 and get the best passrusher PLEASE no Millner at 6.

E
Legend
Legend
E
FA signings should not change much at all.

Key is Sheard n how our coaching staff has evaluated him. STUD for 3-4 OLB then we will target Millner or Geno Smith.

If they think Sheard is a big ??? n just have him penciled there till something better comes along. We should be targeting Ansah, Jones or Jordan I think (if you have another preference so be it - no big deal)

But nobody else should justify that #6 pick. Left Tackle there justifies the slot but we don't need one at all!
DT - Star (Utah kid) or Datrone (UCLA kid) could justify the slot but I do think the signing of Bryant n the fact LB is the key over DL we just won't make that pick at #6.

Safety/TE/OG/ILB/WR/RB just do not justify the # 6 pick in this draft.
CB only Millner then a drop off.

I think after the workout of Geno Smith n 3 possible teams in the Top 5 that could use a QB he might have worked himself in there which unless we were targeting him becomes a good thing...cause maybe Ansah or Millner drops back to us.

JMHO

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
D
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
D
You are absolutely right on several points Eco
Jabaal Sheard is key here
I was thinking about the Sheard situation and yes it is key isn't it?Point in case
His sack totals went crazy when they started sending him from a stand up position(OLB) instead of the 3 point (4-3DE)s opppsed to the 3 point.
Which tells us he is better suited to pass rush from the 3- 4 OLB postion than he was at 4-3 end.
I am encouraged with that
I thought he did well stuffing the run.
my only concern is coverage,but we have situational guys for that right? plus 2 solid rookie performers at LB
Now to the draft
TRADE DOWN!!!!!!!!!
get that second rounder
first pick best pass rusher that drops?
other option ......Carrelle (spelling?)Patterson WR UT
3rd option Safety
4th OG
2nd round assuming we follow the order and got our pass rusher in the 1st.
would be best Corner, Safety or lineman
3rd Safety or OG

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Even more reason for a trade down If we are going corner why not trade down grab the BPA or even the best CB on the board? I heard Tommie Z (SS) got cut ,hmmmmm might not be a bad singing there.
Along with TJ ward that would shore the safety problem up..
As far as I hear we are still after one of the remaining decent corners 2 to be exact ,also hear we are hot after the best FA TE..
The Guard postion has still not been addressed. so the second best guard (trade down) m\ight also be an option, UT WR Carrelle Patterson could still be a target (trade down)as well as Jordon or Izzy ( if we stay at 6)
As I see it here are our priorities left in Free Agency
1. CB ( I don't like Millner at 6)
2. OG (will free up our first pick for pass rusher )
3. S Tom Z just got cut pull the trigger on this guy.
4.WR for veteran leadership.
So that opens up our draft options to
1..Elite pass rusher, alot of cunfusion here. a. Izzy blew up the combine and his upside is off the charts.beast or bust potential best skill set of the group)
b Jordon (potential star quality pass rusher )but has injury concerns
c.Jarvis Jones same as Jordon star quality but injuy concerns
This would give us alot more flexablity in the draft
1. Trade down best option to address WR and OG2.
2. stay at 6 and get the best passrusher PLEASE no Millner at 6.

Signing a SS does not help us. We have Ward, we need a FS. I would like to get a free agent CB, if not two. Most desperate need IMHO. Would not be crushed with Milliner but a small trade down and getting Rhodes seems better. If we find a partner. Do not see a OG with our first pick unless we drop into the bottom half of the first.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Just some thoughts on moving down.
1. We would have to still be targeting a player that we want...example Warmack or Cooper if that is who we want we just don't move down we move to where we can get our guy.

2. You need somebody who wishes to move up. With this draft being weak up front lots of teams ahead of us would like to drop back too.

3. I see only two situations that could have us dropping back.
a. We have no desire for Geno Smith...Buffalo n Zona do n did not trade with guys before us...we can drop back n get target player n probably pick up a 2nd rounder???

b. Fisher drops to our slot..which means Ansah, Geno n Millner are all gone. Or the OTs go quick n Johnson is there with several suitors.

Outside of that I don't see a team wanting to move up...n we have to also be lucky that the move up didn't go to a team ahead of us.

But honestly the more I think of it. In this Attack D you cannot have enough LBs. So we got Kruger, Sheard n Ansah/Jones/Jordan Whoever plays the run better is there on running downs but a team goes spread...we bring in all our pass rushers attacking...NT out n Sheard comes in 2 DL n 5 LBs moving around picking weak spots to overload on n attack! So for me if we are not targeting Millner or Geno - We will still go OLB. We might drop back a couple spots n still get them especially if we don't want Geno n Zona/Bills do that is best case scenario.

JMHO

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

D
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
D
Yeah you are pretty much right Eco can't dance without a partner
Fisher doesn't even make it to the 5th if he does he's gone at 5 to Detroit.
But on the other hand someone might covet one ot the players still on the board at 6 to trade with us.
If we do manage to trade out of 6 I am pretty sure It won't be Warmack or Cooper , I would love to have Warmack knocking the snot out of DT's and LB's but I just don't see it happening
Here is where we go
I am certain the pick will be Patterson WR UT the reasons are these
1.Jimmy Haslam is a hugh UT supporter and he is the owner
2, Many consider Patterson the most complete WR in the draft ( Good speed and size highest vertical at the combine for wideouts)
at 6'2" 215 he has the size we like and he has the speed to stretch the field We need another Impact WR.
3.we need picks.with an extra picks (2nd or 3rd) prolly 3rd ,we can address Guard and add another Corner, Safety, or LB

If we are stuck with the 6th pick I agree it's a no brainer Izzy, Jordon,or whoever is still on the board and who's skill set and upside we like the most.
Personally I like Izzy. I don't think he will be there at 6,but it is a possibility. .
Millner doesn't make is to us anyway (thank God) Patterson at 6 is still a possbility but not as likely at 6.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't mean to be rude, but your formatting is horrendous. It makes it a chore to read what you have to say. I know you're a new guy here, but I figured I would just let you know.

Welcome to the boards btw.

[Linked Image from i190.photobucket.com]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
If you look at our roster it becomes obvious where the biggest holes are that the 1st pick could fill.

QB - Weeds and Colt - Could very well pull the trigger on Geno Smith if the FO thinks he is a franchise QB. Could use the 3rd round to groom a QB.
RB - Richardson, Hardesty, OBI - Could select a RB or FB in the mid rounds but will not be a position of need in the 1st.
WR - Gordon, Little, Benji - Just like RB could very well add one in the mid rounds but not in the 1st.
TE - Cameron and Barnidge - Still need to find a starter. If Fred Davis does not sign this position could be in play probably with a trade down or in the 3rd round.
OL - Thomas, Pinkston, Mack, Lavo, Shwartz, Miller, Greco - Solid unit that could always get upgraded but not a huge priority. Could see a mid round selection but not a 1st.
DL - Taylor, Rubin, Bryant, Winn, Hughes, Kitchen - Another team strength that can always get upgraded but not in the 1st.
OLB - Sheard, Kruger, Groves - I think they will be looking to bring in another OLB but with the money spent on Sheard and Kruger I do not see 1 in the 1st.
ILB - Jackson, Johnson, Gocong - Again probably could use 1 more but I do not see 1 in the 1st.
CB - Haden, Skrine, Wade, Bademosi - This position needs a lot of work I think depending how free agency plays out will be the target in the 1st,
S - Ward, Young, Ventorne - Need a starting FS. Without a trade down will not be in the first.

At 6 it will either be Dee Milliner CB, Geno Smith QB, or a trade down.

If trade down Xavier Rhodes CB, Kenny Vaccaro S, Desmonf Trufant CB, or Tyler Eifert TE.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Gotta agree with Day of the Dawg. To me, it is Geno or Milliner at No.6, and there is a strong likelihood one will be available.
As for folks who said No. 6 is too soon for a CB, I don't get that at all. We sucked when Haden was out. You put two great CBs in there, and the pass rush becomes awesome no matter who is at OLB.
I'd love to get another stud guard, too. But that can wait.
After Smith's pro day, and after reading about him (high character guy, film room fanatic, smart), I think he could be the guy. I could see Weeden starting and this kid learning. When Weeden falters, in he goes.

A
Rookie
Rookie
A
i really don't think free agency changes the 6th pick that much, You can never have too many pass rushers and neither sheard nor kruger has proven to be an elite pass rusher, not one 10+ sack season for either of them.

I think they are both solid pass rushers but not elite, but an elite pass rusher is too good to pass up. I still think 6 will be milliner or a pass rusher.

Legend
Legend
You can't draft a QB in the first round and THEN start Weeden also. Huge waste of a draft pick.

If you're going to start Weeden anyways. Draft someone hint else at 6. And if Weeden falters, you'll be in prime shape to grab a GOOD QB next year..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
M
Rookie
Rookie
M
I can see us trading down. When lombardi was here before he loved to trade down....He says he has learned from his previous mistakes....time will tell....I just pray that he is right...

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Quote:

If you look at our roster it becomes obvious where the biggest holes are that the 1st pick could fill.

QB - Weeds and Colt - Could very well pull the trigger on Geno Smith if the FO thinks he is a franchise QB. Could use the 3rd round to groom a QB.
RB - Richardson, Hardesty, OBI - Could select a RB or FB in the mid rounds but will not be a position of need in the 1st.
WR - Gordon, Little, Benji - Just like RB could very well add one in the mid rounds but not in the 1st.
TE - Cameron and Barnidge - Still need to find a starter. If Fred Davis does not sign this position could be in play probably with a trade down or in the 3rd round.
OL - Thomas, Pinkston, Mack, Lavo, Shwartz, Miller, Greco - Solid unit that could always get upgraded but not a huge priority. Could see a mid round selection but not a 1st.
DL - Taylor, Rubin, Bryant, Winn, Hughes, Kitchen - Another team strength that can always get upgraded but not in the 1st.
OLB - Sheard, Kruger, Groves - I think they will be looking to bring in another OLB but with the money spent on Sheard and Kruger I do not see 1 in the 1st.
ILB - Jackson, Johnson, Gocong - Again probably could use 1 more but I do not see 1 in the 1st.
CB - Haden, Skrine, Wade, Bademosi - This position needs a lot of work I think depending how free agency plays out will be the target in the 1st,
S - Ward, Young, Ventorne - Need a starting FS. Without a trade down will not be in the first.

At 6 it will either be Dee Milliner CB, Geno Smith QB, or a trade down.

If trade down Xavier Rhodes CB, Kenny Vaccaro S, Desmonf Trufant CB, or Tyler Eifert TE.

Pretty solid layout.

THIS one right here will dictate CB at 6 or in a trade down for Rhodes.

Not Munnerlynn but GRIMES. Offer this guy 3 years and 6.5M per and there's our #2 opposite Haden. He was in Cleveland all day yesterday and took a physical that he passed.

I sign Grimes and work on Haden and Mack and go to the draft.

Move down. Eotab. We will get offers. Someone will want to move up for someone. MY target would be get that 2nd rounder.

Kenny Vaccaro FS/Chance Warmack OG
Kelce TE

Vaccaro FS
Kelce TE
OG

Signing Grimes and landing Vaccaro would transform this defense with a solid mix of veteran leadership and youth.

Add an ILB and in 2014 this defense is top notch.

V
Legend
Legend
V
The idea of signing Grimes [which is exciting] and then drafting Vacarro after we move down is a pretty good one.

D
Legend
Legend
D
If we sign a CB in FA, I am not sure where they will go with the 6th pick.

IMO, they will probably push harder to shop that pick around around... or look into the best safety/offensive guard which may be a little high to spend a 6th pick on...

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

You can't draft a QB in the first round and THEN start Weeden also. Huge waste of a draft pick.

If you're going to start Weeden anyways. Draft someone hint else at 6. And if Weeden falters, you'll be in prime shape to grab a GOOD QB next year..

Worked for drew brees

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I can see us trading down. When lombardi was here before he loved to trade down....He says he has learned from his previous mistakes....time will tell....I just pray that he is right...

I think that was more Belichick as he continues to acquire picks using whatever means available to him, including trading down,

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Lets say we dont sign a FA corner, instead of just signing a player to fill a postion what if we traded our first round pick to a team for a solid starting CB atleast we know what were getting and if Dee milner isgone before # 6....?

Not say a older one but someone we can start for 2-3 years unitl we can draft thier replacement, not talking Revis either, chances of resigning him are almost zero for what he wants money wise,

maybe trade our 1st pick for a starting CB and a 2nd rounder

just something to think about, obviously easier said than done, finding the right guy, right price and a team who wants to move up maybe impossible, but something to think about.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Quote:

Worked for drew brees

Or if you wish - Worked for Rivers the Overall #4 pick in the 2004 draft...When did he start? Who was his coach that started Brees? Was it Wade Phillips? or Norv? Regardless the fact is you don't have to rush the draft pick. For several Reasons:
1. In the recent past...Contracts were so High n Cap draining for a QB in the Top 5 or 10. The need to start them right away became great.

2. Ideally it would be best to groom for a year or two.

3. A low pick probably means rebuild n lack of certain needs (LT especially). Groom n Rebuild a year or two would be best than ruin the QB with a terrible environment to Progress in.

Because of the Slot #6 we should pick a LESS TALENTED QB to groom??? Why.

If it is Geno the best case scenario is to start Weeden if he is deemed ready to win and get the job done. If for some reason Weeden just does not show any progress ok...start the Geno Smith era start...4-6-8-13 games into the season Point Blank the rookie QB would be better prepared then started from Game 1. But what if Weeden proves to be productive n continues to Grow...similar to Brees which was a pleasant development as he GOT IT that 2004 season. The negative was the Brees era ended from a shoulder injury n surgery so that a great return for him was not there for the Chargers to receive. But what if Weeden gives us very positive results n in 2015 Geno Smith is the far better QB n ready to go. We would be able to auction off Weeden to the highest Bidder...One? Two first rounders??? Teams without will give up a lot for an established QB even at 32.

To give up that scenario all in the name of - Slot #6 NO NO NO got to start him right away. These new contracts really don't force us. The fact we got a #22 pick in his 2nd year n not defined as Bust is a circumstance not many teams would be in. We do have a similar case in Brees who was a #32 pick???

So if this is a regime on a GOT TO WIN NOW or it will be gone in 2-3 seasons. It would be a terrible pick cause you would not receive immediate impact. But if this is a Regime who is here with the knowledge they got LONG TERM backing in building this Team into a steady winner. They will GROOM the pick without worrying about getting the most Right away even at risk of ruining the prospect.

Again so far it seems that the people in charge - Banner/Lombardi/Chud/Norv have confidence in Weeden's ability. Or else we would have heard rumors or inside leaks from somewhere that we were looking for a QB in FA...the most I've heard is Campbell n I don't know if that was BOZO driven or from a leak in our FO.

I don't eliminate GS as a possible draft pick - I just see them willing to continue with the progress of Weeden n in that case there will be no rush in putting GS out there.

JMHO

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend

At this time of year what comes out to the media could mean anything.

Chud made an early comment that the Browns were open to offers on Weeden. Then Banner said that quarterback is not the focus with the sixth pick.

Anything stated to the press at this time of year - well take it with a grain of salt.

What has been clearly stated by Haslam is there will be competition.

No quarterback has been signed as yet.

Free agency has started. The Browns have been active and are still looking. TE (Kellan Davis, Fred Davis) and corner ( Brent Grimes) may still be added.

Kruger, Bryant, Groves all signed. If Grimes signs the draft is wide open.

They could still decide go with Jarvis Jones, Dee Milliner, Dion Jordan, or Ansuh but the free agent signings may have opened the door to Geno Smith.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=149&f=1547&t=11371104

The Browns heavyweights attended as they should.

Of course speculation between now and draft day will be all over the place. Quarterbacks always are the Buzz. Trade ups and downs will be discussed.

Funny how that goes. Last week Geno was a 15 to 20 pick. Now again he is top ten. Jags, Raiders, Eagles, Browns, Bills, Cardinals could all be in the mix.

It would not surprise me one bit if the Browns drafted Geno if he is there.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Lets say we dont sign a FA corner, instead of just signing a player to fill a postion what if we traded our first round pick to a team for a solid starting CB atleast we know what were getting and if Dee milner isgone before # 6....?

Not say a older one but someone we can start for 2-3 years unitl we can draft thier replacement, not talking Revis either, chances of resigning him are almost zero for what he wants money wise,

maybe trade our 1st pick for a starting CB and a 2nd rounder

just something to think about, obviously easier said than done, finding the right guy, right price and a team who wants to move up maybe impossible, but something to think about.

Is there any such person out there that you could get for our 1st round pick and then have the other team throw in a 2nd?

I can't think of one.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Funny how that goes. Last week Geno was a 15 to 20 pick. Now again he is top ten. Jags, Raiders, Eagles, Browns, Bills, Cardinals could all be in the mix.

I don't think players rise and fall much on teams boards. Long before now they've watched the games and the films and have made their evaluations. Teams have had their evaluations done and boards made up by December.

The combine gains them an interview to judge a player's personality and make-up but the physical stuff, (i.e. numbers), don't really change their opinions much.

In my opinion, the ones who have players sliding up and down the pecking order are the talking heads of the media.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

I agree.

The risers and fallers are for those who have to come up with something to say or write.

Once the football season is over all that takes is verification. Some things may be cause for a revisit but for the most part their draft boards are made up.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I realize this goes against the prevailing logic. If I were making the decision and I could have my choice between Milliner, Jones or Ansah; I'm going OLB. at 6. I've said it before and I will say it again the best way to defeat passing is pressure, not coverage. Given where we are today, if I were doing the drafting, I would draft like this...

1 Ansah or Jones- OLB
3 Rambo- FS
4 Hawthorne- CB
5 Kasa-TE
6 Simon- DL (move to ILB)
6 Herman OG or best PK if the team doesn't sign a FA

Next week this is likely to change but any change is unlikely at the top.

Last edited by guard dawg; 03/17/13 07:34 PM.
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
If Milliner is gone when we pick, would anyone be mad if we cant trade down and we draft Xavier Rhodes CB FSU?

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Something tells me it is one of three: Dee Milliner; Geno Smith; Matt Barkley.

Haslam stated they will bring in competition at QB. As far as I know, they made little effort getting a QB or DB in FA. Many draft analyst are saying this years CB class is strong, so I am thinking Milliner or someone later, otherwise, QB. They showed a strong presence at WV's pro-day. I guess we will see March 27 pro day at USC.

Then again it makes for a nice smoke screen!

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Nope!

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Looking at 4 free agents we signed so far Where are we going now 1st pk.

Link Copied to Clipboard