Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

it wasn't directed at PM, actually.

Everything is alright ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Mourgrym #769625 03/28/13 04:29 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
Thanks for sharing n educating me/us

hasugopher...actually Banner spelled it out - he is no where sneaky as some make him out to be...man his book has a terrible cover...lol

But he stated a "situation" with "Number decisions" who knows what will happen. He even then gave an example that if Chud/Norv decide on carrying just 2 QBs on the roster...Then what...he stated then Colt would have to be in a competition with Campbell (or Weeden) for that 2nd QB spot.

Meaning he didn't want anyone to say...Wait you are a LIAR cause you said you wouldn't release Colt...so he gave the situation where that could come about.

JMHO

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
eotab #769626 03/28/13 04:48 PM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I like Banner... it seems like he and I think similarly on a lot of topics. I also like that he doesn't need to BS/sugarcoat things. Just tell it like it is or don't answer the question at all.

2nd String
2nd String
Quote:

Quote:

Campbell joined the Browns by signing a two-year contract Tuesday night. The deal is worth $3.75 million

How did we sign Jason Campbell for half what Chase Daniel is getting per year?

Who else was going to sign him?, and how much less would he have settled for?

eotab #769628 03/28/13 06:09 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

He even then gave an example that if Chud/Norv decide on carrying just 2 QBs on the roster...

That shouldn't even be a option....considering how often this team's been down to the 3rd or 4th qb by season's end.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
J
Rookie
Rookie
J
Quote:

Quote:

Weeden isn't perfect by any means. He might never become an average NFL starter. He definitely has to get better at the deep ball (when to throw and accuracy on them), but he looked much better than Colt did and I have much more faith in him becoming that QB than McCoy.

Really? How so? Was it because his balls sailed over the heads and at the feet faster than McCoy's? Was it all those quick decisions he made? His great vision of the field? His mobility? His gutty style? His work ethic? His late-game comebacks? His "it" factor? That amazing pocket presence? Were his numbers that much better than McCoy's? Heck, were they even better at all? Was it the win total? Was it because Weeden played w/inferior talent compared to Colt?

Y'all can mock that Poetic guy, and he does deserve to get mocked a bit, but don't act like you are the voice of reason when you say junk like Weeden looked much better than Colt ever did. Sorry, my man----but I watched the games. Weeden sucked big-time!

Here is what I saw. In 2011 by mid season Colt and crew were so boring to watch I fished many of those Sundays instead of watched my Brownies. In 2012 the games were competitive, fun to watch, we were in many of the games right to the end. I watched every game.

Now we can debate in circles whether Colt would have looked better with the 2012 team but its all conjecture. On top of that even the biggest Colt fan should be able to see he will not fit Chud and Turners offense.

I hope the guy goes somewhere and does great I sincerely do. Honestly though he has been available for trade for quite awhile now. With teams like AZ,Oakland, Jacksonville and Kc (prior to Alex Smith signing) dont you think someone would have picked him up??

I am betting Weeds kills it in this new offense. But if JC can't beat him out so bet it. I just want us to win.

jcam222 #769630 03/28/13 06:40 PM
P
Rookie
Rookie
P
To posters that continually say, "I wish Colt well and hope he does great somewhere...": That is complete bolonga. If Colt goes elsewhere and earns a starting job and turns into the next Drew Brees and takes his team to multiple championship games... that would just reinforce just how miraculously cursed we really are. If you don't wish Colt the best here and hope he succeeds HERE, then your just blowing smoke and providing lip service. There should be NO excuse if he goes somewhere else and does a great job being a QB if he can't do it here, none. That is bad coaching, bad talent evaluation, bad FO decisions, bad media reporting and so so much more that it's just unexcusable. If we have a QB that could make it work elsewhere then it's our responsibility to make it work HERE. That's why this whole thing is so frustrating.

PoeticG #769631 03/28/13 06:53 PM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Like the saying says, "you don't need to be a weatherman to know which way the wind's blowing.". McCoy's time in Cleveland is short. I was a fan of his and hoped he would be our guy, but it didn't work out. Wishing him well isn't lip service, just reading the writing on the wall. Let's see - can I toss out any more metaphors? Nah.

BTW, WTH is "bolonga"?

PoeticG #769632 03/28/13 06:59 PM
2nd String
2nd String
Quote:

If we have a QB that could make it work elsewhere then it's our responsibility to make it work HERE. That's why this whole thing is so frustrating.

Yep, funny isn't it how some say I think he could go here or there and do well, but with us he's crap. Either he's good enough to play the position in the NFL or he's not, and I believe he is.

If Mangini and Daboll were still here (with no Shurmur or Holmgren in place to play favoritism), would they be thinking trade or release McCoy? Hard to say, but I seriously doubt it, and I do believe his stats over the past three years would be better than the combined QB stats of the past three.

DoverDawg #769633 03/28/13 08:15 PM
V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
So by that logic Eli Manning should have no problem running the exact same offense as RGIII.

DoverDawg #769634 03/28/13 08:20 PM
P
2nd String
2nd String
P
Quote:

Quote:

If we have a QB that could make it work elsewhere then it's our responsibility to make it work HERE. That's why this whole thing is so frustrating.

Yep, funny isn't it how some say I think he could go here or there and do well, but with us he's crap. Either he's good enough to play the position in the NFL or he's not, and I believe he is.

If Mangini and Daboll were still here (with no Shurmur or Holmgren in place to play favoritism), would they be thinking trade or release McCoy? Hard to say, but I seriously doubt it, and I do believe his stats over the past three years would be better than the combined QB stats of the past three.

You really, really underplay how much situation (scheme, coaching, supporting cast, etc.) plays into how well a QB performs.

DoverDawg #769635 03/28/13 08:34 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

This speculation is fruitless...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
2nd String
2nd String
Quote:

You really, really underplay how much situation (scheme, coaching, supporting cast, etc.) plays into how well a QB performs.

How do you figure? The scheme, coaching, supporting cast, etc really went to crap when Randy elected to bring Holmgren in to be the Czar. Holmgren did nothing to help Manginis' cause, and decided a dual role for the incompetent Shurmur would be so much better, and that boof affected both McCoy and Weeden.

I wouldn't be surprised if Weeden becomes much better with this new regime, and McCoy may surprise them in camp as well (if he's not dealt elsewhere prior to getting the opportunity)

DoverDawg #769637 03/28/13 09:03 PM
P
2nd String
2nd String
P
Quote:

How do you figure?

Well you posted this: " Yep, funny isn't it how some say I think he could go here or there and do well, but with us he's crap. Either he's good enough to play the position in the NFL or he's not, and I believe he is."

To me (and others, as exemplified by someone else's Eli comment), that really comes out as you feeling like good QBs will succeed no matter what the circumstances. And I especially disagree with the idea that he's good enough to play QB in the NFL or not. It's not that black-and-white IMO.

In general, I'm sorry if I misinterpreted what you wrote.

Quote:

The scheme, coaching, supporting cast, etc really went to crap when Randy elected to bring Holmgren in to be the Czar. Holmgren did nothing to help Manginis' cause, and decided a dual role for the incompetent Shurmur would be so much better, and that boof affected both McCoy and Weeden.

Yeah, I wasn't debating whether or not the McCoy's supporting cast held him back or not.

Quote:

I wouldn't be surprised if Weeden becomes much better with this new regime, and McCoy may surprise them in camp as well (if he's not dealt elsewhere prior to getting the opportunity)

I would shocked if McCoy surprised them in TC. He's been in the NFL for a while. If he was that great, his coaches would have noticed in practice (like Russell Wilson) and he would have started more than one season. Weeden never would have been drafted.

Weeden, meanwhile, has been in the league for one year. There's still some mystery there. There's an opportunity for some upside IMO.

2nd String
2nd String
Quote:

I would shocked if McCoy surprised them in TC. He's been in the NFL for a while. If he was that great, his coaches would have noticed in practice (like Russell Wilson) and he would have started more than one season. Weeden never would have been drafted.

Maybe you're right, but we're talking about being unsuccessful under a totally different system/regime. Things may be different with this one.

I'm sorry, but I really wasn't impressed with the previous coaching staff on offense, and I seriously question their abilities regarding working with QB's.

DoverDawg #769639 03/28/13 10:36 PM
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

I actually would be surprised if Brandon Weeden becomes any better with the new regime. In all seriousness, I really don't think he's got the mental capacity to get it done at the NFL level.

It would seem to me that Colt would love to be dealt somewhere else if he's not going to get an opportunity here. He might even like getting released because there would be a number of teams looking to sign him if he was released. Teams aren't pursuing him with a trade in the expectations that he'll get released. They would have to bid for his services and he'd be able to select from those that call. He can't choose where he goes if he's traded.

Legend
Legend
That my biggest worry about Campbell - has physical skills but I don't know if he has the mental make up - I'd rather stick with weeden personally

Unfortunately I think McCoy has the menta make up but a noodle arm

I'm actually surprised he's still on our team

<><

#gmstrong
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Weeden was drafted because a desperate regime (Holmgren, Heckert, Shurmur & Co.) were all trying to keep their paychecks flowing without actually doing any work to earn them. Not really any other significant reason. There was probably some fan pressure in there too, but it wasn't the deciding factor. They were just desperate to keep their jobs and took a flyer on Weeden hoping that he'd be their savior.

Quote:

Weeden, meanwhile, has been in the league for one year. There's still some mystery there. There's an opportunity for some upside IMO.

There is no mystery about Weeden. If Weeden was all that which you criticize McCoy for, then why did the team sign Jason Campbell to compete for the job? If it really comes down to a competition between Weeden and Campbell for the starting QB job, I'm calling it - right now - for Jason Campbell. He's more qualified for the job. He's more prepared for the job. He's smarter than Brandon Weeden. I could go on. Furthermore, I think the expectations for Jason Campbell are already set higher for him to win the job than they are for Weeden. That's to say that Jason Campbell wouldn't have to just perform better than Weeden, but to do so in a significant way to win the job.

Just my not-so-humble opinion.

jaybird #769642 03/28/13 10:52 PM
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

That my biggest worry about Campbell - has physical skills but I don't know if he has the mental make up - I'd rather stick with weeden personally

Unfortunately I think McCoy has the menta make up but a noodle arm

I'm actually surprised he's still on our team

I think the perception that McCoy has a "noodle arm" is overstated.

Campbell has a greater mental capacity for the job as an NFL QB over Weeden and it's not even close. There are magnitudes of difference.

P
2nd String
2nd String
P
Quote:

Weeden was drafted because a desperate regime (Holmgren, Heckert, Shurmur & Co.) were all trying to keep their paychecks flowing without actually doing any work to earn them. Not really any other significant reason. There was probably some fan pressure in there too, but it wasn't the deciding factor. They were just desperate to keep their jobs and took a flyer on Weeden hoping that he'd be their savior.

Not going to debate this because I actually agree.

With that said, I still think Weeden wins the starting job over Campbell. Campbell's ceiling is very clearly defined (75-low 80s QBR over many years of play), while Weeden's ceiling is still undefined. We know his floor is last year (brought about by a crappy playcaller and a system that doesn't fit him). Weeden's floor isn't far from Campbell's ceiling. But Weeden's ceiling is higher.

In other words, there's not much risk in starting Weeden over Campbell, but there is a much greater potential reward.

Quote:

There is no mystery about Weeden. If Weeden was all that which you criticize McCoy for, then why did the team sign Jason Campbell to compete for the job?

I criticize McCoy he doesn't have the physical attributes to play in a vertical offense, and doesn't have the downfield accuracy, either.

They brought in Campbell as a backup plan. Not to be the starter. Or at least that's what the front office is suggesting.

Quote:

If it really comes down to a competition between Weeden and Campbell for the starting QB job, I'm calling it - right now - for Jason Campbell. He's more qualified for the job. He's more prepared for the job. He's smarter than Brandon Weeden. I could go on. Furthermore, I think the expectations for Jason Campbell are already set higher for him to win the job than they are for Weeden. That's to say that Jason Campbell wouldn't have to just perform better than Weeden, but to do so in a significant way to win the job.

Bookmarked for future reference, if you catch my drift. We'll see who's right.

You're right; Campbell has to play significantly better than Weeden to win the job. And he's not significantly better than Weeden. (or at least that's what years of evidence suggest)

P
2nd String
2nd String
P
Quote:

No, it's not.

Quote:

Campbell has a greater mental capacity for the job as an NFL QB over Weeden and it's not even close. There are magnitudes of difference.

His play certainly doesn't suggest magnitudes of difference. Hyperbole much?

BTW, Campbell's first attempt at the Wonderlic resulted in a 14. The second time he took it, he received a 27. Weeden also earned a 27. Not that intelligence (or as you put it — "mental capacity") matters in the NFL. QBs don't need to be smart to succeed. Just proving a point here.

Oh, and Campbell (after 9 years in the league) can't read defenses just like Weeden (as of his rookie season) can't.

jaybird #769645 03/28/13 11:17 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
If Campbell didn't have the mental makeup to be in the league he wouldn't be entering his eighth year in the league. He would be Vince Young.

cfrs15 #769646 03/28/13 11:19 PM
P
2nd String
2nd String
P
Quote:

If Campbell didn't have the mental makeup to be in the league he wouldn't be entering his eighth year in the league. He would be Vince Young.

Who was arguing that Campbell didn't have the mental makeup to be in the league? Campbell and Weeden both have the mental makeup to be in the league.

EDIT: I now see that someone posted that Campbell doesn't have the mental makeup to be in the league haha. This system of replying to individual posters is strange. Anyways sorry for the mixup.

Legend
Legend
OK my own opinion on Colt. I'm sure many of you don't care and many more of you won't agree with me BUT I still see some upside with Colt. Does he have the strongest arm in the NFL, AFC, or even within our division..... hell no..... but neither did Brian Sipe or Bernie. I think what the kid lacks in pure talent he makes up for in the brains department. I don't see him as a wasted pick or wasted talent yet. I would love to see the Browns keep him for another year so the coaching staff and front office can get a much better look at him this year. Trust me I see faults in his game so far, BUT I also see the plus side in him going forward. Does he have the physical talent of Weeden or Campbell..... oh hell no, BUT does he have the knowledge to make himself a better QB than either of those two.... maybe. Now is not the time to give up on him just yet.. We have the cap space to hang onto him for one more year and give the coaching staff time to make up thier own mind on keeping him or cutting him loose

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

No, it's not.

Quote:

BTW, Campbell's first attempt at the Wonderlic resulted in a 14. The second time he took it, he received a 27. Weeden also earned a 27. Not that intelligence (or as you put it — "mental capacity") matters in the NFL. QBs don't need to be smart to succeed. Just proving a point here.

Oh, and Campbell (after 9 years in the league) can't read defenses just like Weeden (as of his rookie season) can't.

Yes, I think it is overstated. That's fact. I don't state my view as fact, like you are. I could give examples of why I say so (and have previously) and won't do so just for your sake.

Talent wise, McCoy is better than Weeden. Smarts wise, McCoy is better than Weeden. I'll give you the point that Weeden can throw the ball further but that doesn't make him a better QB.

P
2nd String
2nd String
P
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You never addressed this post.

Quote:

Yes, I think it is overstated. That's fact. I don't state my view as fact, like you are. I could give examples of why I say so (and have previously) and won't do so just for your sake.

Why not? I certainly hope your evidence isn't a couple examples of McCoy throwing an accurate deep ball, because that would be akin to people using highlight videos to evaluate draft prospects.

Quote:

Talent wise, McCoy is better than Weeden.

Um, no. Also what happened to phrasing your sentiments as opinion? I contend that the above quotation is phrased as fact.

Quote:

Smarts wise, McCoy is better than Weeden.

So what? I certainly don't see the newly-released Ryan Fitzpatrick tearing up the league. And I can post countless examples of some pretty unintelligent guys being successful NFL QBs, because intelligence has almost nothing to do with being a good QB.

Quote:

I'll give you the point that Weeden can throw the ball further but that doesn't make him a better QB.

Weeden wasn't a better QB than McCoy last year. But unlike McCoy (and Campbell), he hasn't spent years in this league, which suggests he has the potential to learn how to read a defense, identify open receivers, make progressions, etc.

And as I've already noted, Weeden's floor (brought about by a terrible playcaller and system that didn't fit him) is not far AT ALL from Campbell's or McCoy's ceiling.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't think the issue is as much as McCoy having a noodle arm, but more on the reluctance of McCoy being willing and confident enough to push the ball down field.

His game management was a series of endless check downs when down field routes were open. It was a bit frustrating to watch. As a result, teams would crowd the line because they knew that he was more likely to take the underneath option.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

P
Rookie
Rookie
P
Colt hasn't spent the so called "YEARS" in this league as what you're referring to. He played in one partial season in which he took over midway through and in doing so earned the start for the next season, in which HE HAD A NEW HEAD COACH AND(AND) A NEW OFFENSIVE SCHEME TO LEARN.(FREAKING PERIOD). There are also COUNTLESS other factors that contributed to our having a terrible record that year and Colt failing at the QB postion, mainly- Horrible playcalls, HC game management, weak roster, bringing guys off other teams practice squads to play runningback for us, wide recievers dropping passes and so, so, so much more... but what does it matter? Some of you wouldn't know a good pass if Colt hit you in the face with one.

Last edited by PoeticG; 03/29/13 01:03 AM.
P
2nd String
2nd String
P
Quote:

I don't think the issue is as much as McCoy having a noodle arm, but more on the reluctance of McCoy being willing and confident enough to push the ball down field.

His game management was a series of endless check downs when down field routes were open. It was a bit frustrating to watch. As a result, teams would crowd the line because they knew that he was more likely to take the underneath option.

This: www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/05/10/going-deep/ gave me the impression that his accuracy and decision-making about when to throw the ball downfield was more of the problem.

Of course, I get the impression you watched him more closely than I did, so idk...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
There is a difference.

Pushing the ball down field means 10 to 25 yards to me. Going deep, is over 20 yards, per the article so there is a bit of overlap, but either way a completion normally results in a first down.

McCoy would generally throw the ball less than 5 yards downfield and rely on the receiver to work for the first down. With a decent defense, the reception would come up short of a first down.

That is why Weeden was a bit more effective than McCoy, the ability to throw the ball downfield keeps the defense more honest.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

PoeticG #769654 03/29/13 01:22 AM
P
2nd String
2nd String
P
Quote:

Colt hasn't spent the so called "YEARS" in this league as what you're referring to. He played in one partial season in which he took over midway through and in doing so earned the start for the next season, in which HE HAD A NEW HEAD COACH AND(AND) A NEW OFFENSIVE SCHEME TO LEARN.(FREAKING PERIOD). There are also COUNTLESS other factors that contributed to our having a terrible record that year and Colt failing at the QB postion, mainly- Horrible playcalls, HC game management, weak roster, bringing guys off other teams practice squads to play runningback for us, wide recievers dropping passes and so, so, so much more... but what does it matter? Some of you wouldn't know a good pass if Colt hit you in the face with one.

He's played year(s) in the league since he's played three. Your post implies that he has to be starting in order to improve. He doesn't. There's plenty of QBs who have sat on the bench for years and excelled when they got the opportunity to start, because while on the bench, they learned how to read a defense, worked on their mechanics, etc. At this point, there's no reason to believe that McCoy has a lot of untapped potential because he already should have been close to reaching it by now — being it's going on his fourth year in the league with NFL-quality coaching.

The same can't be said for Weeden.

Also, you act like Weeden didn't suffer from horrible playcalling, dropped balls, lack of a running game, and a system that didn't fit him at all. Neither Colt nor Weeden were drafted into ideal situations.

And the insult at the end of your post is unnecessary.

P
2nd String
2nd String
P
Quote:

There is a difference.

Pushing the ball down field means 10 to 25 yards to me. Going deep, is over 20 yards, per the article so there is a bit of overlap, but either way a completion normally results in a first down.

McCoy would generally throw the ball less than 5 yards downfield and rely on the receiver to work for the first down. With a decent defense, the reception would come up short of a first down.

That is why Weeden was a bit more effective than McCoy, the ability to throw the ball downfield keeps the defense more honest.

Makes sense.

P
Rookie
Rookie
P
Quote:

Quote:

He's played year(s) in the league since he's played three. Your post implies that he has to be starting in order to improve. He doesn't. There's plenty of QBs who have sat on the bench for years and excelled when they got the opportunity to start, because while on the bench, they learned how to read a defense, worked on their mechanics, etc. At this point, there's no reason to believe that McCoy has a lot of untapped potential because he already should have been close to reaching it by now — being it's going on his fourth year in the league with NFL-quality coaching.

The same can't be said for Weeden.

Also, you act like Weeden didn't suffer from horrible playcalling, dropped balls, lack of a running game, and a system that didn't fit him at all. Neither Colt nor Weeden were drafted into ideal situations.

And the insult at the end of your post is unnecessary.

Colt had Imagobbleya Weeden had the 3rd overall draft pick and one of the premire up and coming runningbacks at his disposal all season long.

Weeden had Up and Coming Stud Josh Gordon and Little and Travis Benjamin, Colt had far less and his receivers LEAD THE LEAGUE IN DROPS.

Weeden had tons of time to find receivers, Schwartz provided excellent protection on the right side of the offensive line. Colt had a flood gate named after a nut.

Weeden had an entire offseason, minicamp, training camp and a full preseason to get ready. Colt had a lockout and a new scheme being installed for the first time by a first time head coach.

I'm sorry if you took that as an insult, that wasn't my intention. But, like I said, this is pointless. We're going to see soon enough and I'm feeling confident Colt will run circles around Campbell and Weeden if given the chance.

Last edited by PoeticG; 03/29/13 01:48 AM.
PoeticG #769657 03/29/13 01:56 AM
P
2nd String
2nd String
P
Quote:

Colt had Imagobbleya Weeden had the 3rd overall draft pick and one of the premire up and coming runningbacks at his disposal all season long.

Who averaged 3.6 YPC and didn't even rush for 1,000 yards.

Quote:

Weeden had Up and Coming Stud Josh Gordon and Little and Travis Benjamin, Colt had far less and his receivers LEAD THE LEAGUE IN DROPS.

As if Weeden didn't suffer from drops as well...

Quote:

Weeden had tons of time to find receivers, Schwartz provided excellent protection on the right side of the offensive line. Colt had a flood gate named after a nut.

Pretty much the only good point you make. But at least McCoy was running a system that was conducive to his strengths.

Quote:

Weeden had an entire offseason, minicamp, training camp and a full preseason to get ready. Colt had a lockout and a new scheme being installed for the first time by a first time head coach.

As well as a full year in the NFL with 7 or 8 starts under his belt. Advantage Weeden.

Quote:

I'm sorry if you took that as an insult, that wasn't my intention. But, like I said, this is pointless. We're going to see soon enough and I'm feeling confident Colt will run circles around Campbell and Weeden if given the chance.

This is pointless. I've already said Weeden really wasn't much of an upgrade (if any) over McCoy last year. The advantage in starting Weeden is knowing that he hasn't been in this league for long and can therefore learn how to be a better QB, whereas someone who's reached Colt's tenure has usually already learned how by now, or has been written off.

As I've already written, Weeden probably has the starting job nailed down. Campbell has to play significantly better than Weeden to earn it (which he won't if history repeats itself), and Colt will likely be gone by that point.

PoeticG #769658 03/29/13 07:13 AM
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

NEW HEAD COACH AND(AND) A NEW OFFENSIVE SCHEME TO LEARN

Quote:

Horrible playcalls, HC game management,

Quote:

wide recievers dropping passes and so, so, so much more

So these excuses are good for McCoy but not for Weeden?

Quote:

Some of you wouldn't know a good pass if Colt hit you in the face with one.

Would my face have to be on the turf for him to hit it? And even if he did, at least it wouldn't hurt!

Poetic, I like Colt McCoy, but I don't think he has what it takes to be a starting QB in the NFL. I'm on the fence with Weeden, but I do think he should get at least the first half of this season to prove one way or the other. If he shows improvement during that first half, then keep him in to finish the season. If not, cut bait, put Campbell in and prepare to find a new QB for next season.

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
PoeticG #769659 03/29/13 07:33 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Having read all or almost all of your posts I have to ask.....Just exactly how are you related to Colt?

Because nobody but family could like the guy as much as you do. Hell, I've got his jersey and I don't think he's gonna beat out Weeden. And because of the situation I doubt he's around to try. You really should come to terms with that before you move on to the board of whatever team he goes to next.

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
GMdawg #769660 03/29/13 08:50 AM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:

OK my own opinion on Colt. I'm sure many of you don't care and many more of you won't agree with me BUT I still see some upside with Colt. Does he have the strongest arm in the NFL, AFC, or even within our division..... hell no..... but neither did Brian Sipe or Bernie. I think what the kid lacks in pure talent he makes up for in the brains department. I don't see him as a wasted pick or wasted talent yet. I would love to see the Browns keep him for another year so the coaching staff and front office can get a much better look at him this year. Trust me I see faults in his game so far, BUT I also see the plus side in him going forward. Does he have the physical talent of Weeden or Campbell..... oh hell no, BUT does he have the knowledge to make himself a better QB than either of those two.... maybe. Now is not the time to give up on him just yet.. We have the cap space to hang onto him for one more year and give the coaching staff time to make up thier own mind on keeping him or cutting him loose

This is simply THE story/book/case with Colt as of today. Nicely done.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
His "mental" capabilities are also extremely overrated around here....if he was so football smart and tough, then why was he by far the last QB in the league who kept his eyes downfield? He rarely went through his progressions and was basically a one-read and then either checkdown or RUN type of QB...where are those "brains" everyone's talking about? Just like Weeden he got the playbook dumbed down rather quickly because he couldn't handle/execute it...so if Weeden isn't football smart, what qualifies Colt?

I think it just fits in nicely with the brainsy backup catcher story, but reality is that his only above AVG tool as a QB where his wheels...that's it

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I am so looking forward to the day that Colt is no longer a Cleveland Brown. Not that I dislike the guy. I am just tired of digging through all the posts about him when it is clear that he is mo longer in the teams plans.

PG - if Colt is the Week 1 starting Qb for our Cleveland Browns, even if only because both Weeden and Campbell get injured in pre-season games, I will buy you dinner at the restaurant of your choice in the Cleveland area.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
2nd String
2nd String
j/c

Listening to the sports radio here in San Antonio (Ticket 760) the bubble head that was talking about this says Colt should be hoping to be cut. His main line of thought was no one wants to be in Cleveland because they are the model of ineptness in all sports and because it's Cleveland. He speculated that once all is said and done SF will give him a look as #2.

I think the bubble head is talking out his backside concerning Cleveland. Since Colt is a U of T guy everyone here love the guy but admit he is no better than a #2 and would be a good one for SF. Whatever happens I hope it happens soon. If they are going to cut the guy cut him so he can catch on with another team.

The Constitution shall never be construe to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. – Samuel Adams
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Colt McCoy...

Link Copied to Clipboard