Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
All Pro
All Pro
P
i watched that youtube vid of Mingo... there was nothing on it that made me say wow. He had 4 tackles for loss, 2 of which were missed blocking assignments. Got credited for .5 sack when he shouldnt of. I saw player that played out of control and only had 1 move (spin). I didnt see a very quick first step, which supposedly he has. He got no push on the very poor Clemson line. He is undersized and tackles poorly. His production shows this. I would of much rather of had Jarvis Jones if we wanted another OLB.

This kid has a lot of work to do. I dont expect him to start nor make a big splash when he does play. If your a top 10 pick, #6 overall, you should immediately come into the NFL and start, if not shine. Not one person on here has sure fire said he will start next year. And if thats the case than I have to give a very poor grade on the pick.
I hope he gets bigger, i hope he learns to play undercontrol, I hope he learns... but these things aren't what I should be saying after we draft at #6 overall.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Paco, other than the two OT's Fisher and Joeckel, what player looked the part of a sure thing? Isn't this years theme "highest potential?"

Dion Jordon and Javaris Jones had the better college stats but more medical concerns. If you go another positions, Milliner had medical issues and stats weren't nearly as eye popping as past year CB draftees.

In the end, it boiled down trading down taking Jones or get Mingo. Per their draft board Mingo rated higher. A lot of mock drafts had Mingo going 9-12. To me, it doesn't seem a huge reach. If I had to guess, I bet the trade partner was St. Louis, so we would have taken Jones at 16.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Do you take Tyrann Mathieu if he is there when we pick?

I say yes. He can cover the slot and play safety. He can also return punts and kicks.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Do you take Tyrann Mathieu if he is there when we pick?

I say yes. He can cover the slot and play safety. He can also return punts and kicks.

Yes, just opened a thread on this subject...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
E
Legend
Legend
E
Is he going to start over Mingo or Kruger??? of course he has become Expendable...that does not mean he is not an asset if he remains. But unless Mingo is a Bust - He's going to start - Kruger was this regimes big FA investment you know he is going to start. I don't get it? just where is Sheard not expendable...as a role player or back up. The only...ONLY way he is not expendable is if these guys believe he can be a stud as a starting ILB.

If not he is expendable n available for trade.

But anyways I came to this THREAD cause I'm hearing we have been working on a trade for Davone Bess a slot WR n punt returner from Miami supposedly a done deal just a mid-late round pick being haggled on - deal has to be done by 7pm cause that is the flight needed to bring him to Cleveland to pass the physical before tomorrow's draft which I guess is where the picks are that are concerned???

Just letting you know. source is NFL network.

Banner has been pretty true to his word n he has stated he will not trade Sheard. So don't get mad at me Ytown...just stating he is expendable now cause of who n where we picked a guy who plays the same position. So far Banner has been consistent n since he says we aren't trading Sheard...I doubt he would be traded. just if we did that is the guy to get us in the 2nd.

JMHO

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Oh, it's great....I'd also like 4 good WRs and 4 good Gs and 4 good CBs, oh wait....we only have one, mabye we should get a 2nd good CB first before we get a good 3rd/4th pass rusher. People want to love the pick because they're homers, if we picked Milliner half the board would be saying "thank god we didn't go Mingo over Milliner"

This is 100% correct.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
If we picked Millner I would have praised the pick probably cause that means we had an excellent medical review of him.

I always try to understand the pick. And assume our guys did their due deligence after all we know Django had a full medical report of Millner after the combine sent to him. Oh n had personal interviews regarding X's n O's.

Keep in mind Pit...again siding with anyone you can 100% with ok...but keep in mind DJango wanted Ziggy Ansah (as did I btw) for the SAME EXACT REASONS our FO wanted Mingo...just wasn't his CHOICE so it sucks...that's the difference between he n I...I'm like ok I get it why we went for Mingo. I preferred Ziggy but we got Mingo n are excited about that as in he seemed like the guy we were targeting. Has nothing to do with Homer n Real...very simple Django actually thinks he is the best GM in the NFL after all he does a mock every year....lol

Come on DJ doesn't even know our Defense what is exactly needed for our DC to covet Mingo means a lot I know I know that don't count cause Horton guess what is a HOMER too....

later n enjoy

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
C
Legend
Legend
C
I can never have a problem going best player available and it's obvious that's what we did.

If people don't think Mingo was the best player available I can understand their consternation with the pick.

Legend
Legend
I disagree.

The Cardinals played Groves, Acho and Schofield at OLB last year. They would have played them all even without injuries, because Horton likes a rotation. I bet that he would have added another player to the rotation if he'd had one. It would have kept his pass rushers fresher, and probably healthier to boot. I bet that Horton is just licking his chops with anticipation over the tools he gets to work with on this front 7.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Guys in the Jags war room are passing the phone around.

I'd recommend speaker phone.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
If we add Kiko Alanso then we'd have a Kiko and a KeKe. Can you even imagine?

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I'm wondering if the Titans take a QB here.... would make sense for them...

<><

#gmstrong
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Titans just got a man in Justin Hunter.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I'm wondering if the Titans take a QB here.... would make sense for them...

Nope - went with Hunter... like the kid but a little surprised that they didn't go QB... I know Locker is young and Fitzpatrick but I'm not sold on either...

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My buddy is a big Titans fan.

He likes the Justin Hunter pick.

Hated the Chance Warmack pick though. Said they have bigger needs. He actually was hoping Mingo would fall to 10.

Legend
Legend
He's a good pick for them - they needed help at WR... especially if Locker is finally going to get it...

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Eagles just took my guy, Zach Ertz.

One of my favorite players in the draft.

Legend
Legend
I want the Jets to take Teo... another defensive guy and Teo in NY with Tebow (if he stays) would guarantee a HUGE circus!

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think the Jets went into this draft with no intention of taking a QB, but if Geno is still there, he's going to be too much of a value for them to pass up.

Geno to the Jets if he's there, is my guess.

Legend
Legend
I read an article about them trying to move up in the 2nd to get a QB... so we'll see...

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I like Daruis Slay a lot, too.

I'm glad we got Gordon and would still give up our 2nd for him but man there's a lot of talent at the top of this 2nd round.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
He doesn't fit the WCO while Barkley does.

Also, if the Browns trade up into the 2nd round pick will we have someone announce for us?

Legend
Legend
Wonder if Lacy is going to Cincy here...

<><

#gmstrong
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
La Caforna said it was Geo Bernard.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

La Caforna said it was Geo Bernard.

ESPN, too.

ESPN is also saying Teo to Chargers.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Wonder if Lacy is going to Cincy here...

Well I was right on RB but not the player...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
SD would be a good place for him - get him back closer to family... should have some good support in that area.

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I need to stay off the board, I like not knowing the picks til they're announced.

NFL Network guys are guessing, but they're not telling who it is.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I need to stay off the board, I like not knowing the picks til they're announced.

NFL Network guys are guessing, but they're not telling who it is.

Haha - i was thinking the same thing - I really like finding out when Roger announces it...

<><

#gmstrong
O
All Pro
All Pro
O
Well, at least Teo's girlfriend is happy he's going to be near her in California! Oh, wait......hahaha

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
ESPN is saying we got Bess.

Looking for a credible link.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
NFL Network saying that too.

Wondering what we gave up.

And there goes Geno to the Jets.

Legend
Legend
Well they got their guy... Most fans happy... some not so much... gotta love it... either way they had to do something at QB...

<><

#gmstrong
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Glad I'm not a Jets fan.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Glad I'm not a Jets fan.

ain't that the truth.

#GMSTRONG
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P

Legend
Legend
I look at whoever we pick like this.

If the player pans out, Banner will look like a Genius

If the flop, Lombardi will look like an idiot

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Not to me. Banner is obviously running this show. Any flubs go on his ticket. Lombardi is just a yes man to Banner. That's why Banner hired him. Make no mistake. Everything goes through Banner.

Everyone looks at corner as a big need and of course it is. But I think we need another DE and an ILB just as badly. We need a real enforcer to play next to DQ(and hopefully take DQ's place soon). A Ray Lewis type that can blow up a running back, and fast enough to roam sideline to sideline. We also need another DE. We have Bryant on one side. We have nothing on the other but BIG questions. I had hoped we would trade some of our 4-3 centric players for picks that better fit our current system.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Not to me. Banner is obviously running this show. Any flubs go on his ticket. Lombardi is just a yes man to Banner. That's why Banner hired him. Make no mistake. Everything goes through Banner.

Everyone looks at corner as a big need and of course it is. But I think we need another DE and an ILB just as badly. We need a real enforcer to play next to DQ(and hopefully take DQ's place soon). A Ray Lewis type that can blow up a running back, and fast enough to roam sideline to sideline. We also need another DE. We have Bryant on one side. We have nothing on the other but BIG questions. I had hoped we would trade some of our 4-3 centric players for picks that better fit our current system.

Good for you.. I was speaking of those that won't get it.. LIke that video thats on here somewhere.. A reporter asking fans in NYC waiting to get into the draft what they thought of Curvin Johnson and Buster Hyman.. LOL That's a classic

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/4/26/4272134/dolphins-trade-davone-bess-to-cleveland-browns

Supposedly a 'mid-round pick'.

If its higher than a 5th it's idiotic...

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Day 2. What happens next?

Link Copied to Clipboard