Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
But there are some that will contend that he didn't get the right opportunity and if he gets a chance he will win every Superbowl until he retires.....ok I exaggerated a little but he could sign a contract stating he (Tebow) would have to pay the team $100 million if he plays a single down at QB and fans and media would still ask the question.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Not signing him simply because of the media issues he brings isn't a good idea either.

I agree, we're not nearly the joke we could be if we had Tebow.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Not signing him simply because of the media issues he brings isn't a good idea either.

I agree, we're not nearly the joke we could be if we had Tebow.

Quoted for Truth, lol!

There is no role, anywhere, for Tebow. Not enough talent to be an NFL QB, and average in every other respect. He's short and slow for a modern TE. Too light for ILB, way too small for OLB.

Fullback is about the ONLY position, but then again, you're now putting him into the offensive backfield, which is going to fire up the media circus -- and you just do not pay the kind of money his "name" demands for that position, or for an experiment.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Give him a one-year "show me" with a base of $1 million and a $5 million kicker if he takes less than 1% of the team's total offensive snaps at QB.

On second though...still not worth it.

Legend
Legend
Ballpeen hates all of you so much right now.

Wonder if Tebow can play guard?

D
Legend
Legend
D
Whatever happens, no one can take that playoff win against the Steelers away from him. 10-21, 315 yds, 2 TD / O Int - plus 50 yards rushing with another TD. He outplayed Roethlisberger that day and he crushed the Steeler Nation. Good times ...

Last edited by Dave; 04/29/13 01:43 PM.
Dave #783430 04/29/13 01:43 PM
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Whatever happens, no one can take that playoff win against the Steelers away him. 10-21, 315 yds, 2 TD / O Int - plus 50 yards rushing with another TD. He outplayed Roethlisberger that day and he crushed the Steeler Nation. Good times ...

That was a happy day at my house.

F
Rookie
Rookie
F
Can he play TE?? Good hands , decent speed......coachable?

BpG #783432 04/29/13 02:32 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Don't even think about saying it.

That is the funniest post i've read in a long time.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Can he play TE?? Good hands , decent speed......coachable?

Only if we cut our other TE's so that we don't have anything better, taller, or faster.

Browns is the Browns

Arps #783434 04/29/13 02:38 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Whatever happens, no one can take that playoff win against the Steelers away him. 10-21, 315 yds, 2 TD / O Int - plus 50 yards rushing with another TD. He outplayed Roethlisberger that day and he crushed the Steeler Nation. Good times ...

That was a happy day at my house.

Yep!!! It was the best shock ending to a football game i've seen in a looooooooooooooooong time. I love it when the Steelers get beat!!!

D
Legend
Legend
D

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I've been fair about Tebow. I honestly feel like he kind of got screwed in New York. Sanchez was a terrible QB.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Everyone is tired about hearing about Tebow and doesn't want to talk about him, yet there are 53 posts (and will be many more) about him on a message board dedicated to a team he has never played for.

And people wonder why he leads SportsCenter.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

Everyone is tired about hearing about Tebow and doesn't want to talk about him, yet there are 53 posts (and will be many more) about him on a message board dedicated to a team he has never played for

We could always talk about Tim Couch & his hair....

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Quote:

Everyone is tired about hearing about Tebow and doesn't want to talk about him, yet there are 53 posts (and will be many more) about him on a message board dedicated to a team he has never played for.

I'm pretty sure I saw 10 posts about Tebow on PFT this morning and afternoon alone. That is not an exaggeration.

I don't get it either.

Haus #783440 04/29/13 03:15 PM
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Because his career is kinda a microcosm of life in America.

The vast majority don't want the powers to be to keep doing this one thing over and over and throwing money away at something that *everybody* knows isn't going to work, yet, they continue to do it, and because a very small, uninformed, minority applauds it every time, they think it is something good. For inexplicable reasons, the media is constantly painting this thing as a positive, which really just proves that the media doesn't know a damned thing about anything. And the cycle just keeps repeating. Most people screaming "just let he thing die already", but the media and a few misguided people with money keep thinking that there's life to be found, yet.

Browns is the Browns

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ... JMHO

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
If there was a way to sue BSPN concerning the relentless coverage I'd do it.

He's not getting a job right now due in large part to the media circus that would follow him to his next team.

And that's a shame.

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C
People watch when Tebow is talked about, then complain about too much Tebow.

ESPN's job is to make money. People watching TV makes money. People watch Tebow coverage. Tebow = money.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

you question his ability? now 'Peen hates you too

#gmstrong
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
J/C

I just can't help but wonder if ,somewhere in Philly, Chip Kelley is looking at ESPN, rubbing his chin and going "Hmmmm..."

Tebow's probably not fast enough for his idea of offense, but he certainly knows the read-option stuff well.

[color:"white"]"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain [/color]
I
Rookie
Rookie
I

If the Browns sign Tebow, Ill be ecstatic.

Tebow would be a nice Developmental Quarterback to have, and I think he could be a pretty good Quarterback If he improves that accuracy, which could be done with good Coaching.

I mean, hell, Chud Is a great Quarterback mentor, he made Derek Anderson look good, he also worked well with Cam Newton, who we all know Is a pretty good Quarterback. Tebow and Cam are actually pretty much the same players when It comes to Playing Style (Power Running, Deep Passing)

So If Chud worked with Cam, I BET you he could work with Tebow, and make him a better Quarterback then what he Is. And If we can sign Tebow to, well, lets say, a 3 Year 3 Million deal, then why not? 1 Mil of Cap Is nothing, compared to the Cap the Browns may have, which Is around 25M?

But truly, the point that I'm trying to make Is, 'WE NEED TO GET THIS GUY' !!!

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think the fool just fumbled!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
If Tebow didn't have the media implications I would be happy to have him as our 3rd stringer. When you are down to a 3rd string QB you are only going to succeed with a gimmick offense anyways. It also helps I don't honestly believe a 4th-7th round"standard" qb can ever be groomed into an elite pro-style qb.

I
Rookie
Rookie
I
Quote:

Look, If the Browns had a solid option at Quarterback, then I wouldn't mention signing Tebow.

But since we don't have a solid option at Quarterback, then why not? you do realize the Weeden Is considered a joke In the NFL right now do you?

Legend
Legend
Or just cut Marecic. Has to buy a few PSLs to sit in this season maybe.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Quote:

Quote:

Not sure if this phrase exhibits the same tone it did on the now defunct Browns message board, but....

We gotta get this guy

This board is the first wave of defectors from the old board back in '06... it definitely has the same tone because "we" used it first

You didn't use it first you just left it first I've been on the official forums every since it first started and through each of it's reboots. I was also on this forum when it first started too but choose to go back due to it mostly being the same content to support the team website.

Heh, either way I dont want this guy =P

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Look, If the Browns had a solid option at Quarterback, then I wouldn't mention signing Tebow.

But since we don't have a solid option at Quarterback, then why not? you do realize the Weeden Is considered a joke In the NFL right now do you?

Every QB on our roster is a better option than Tebow, and so is every TE.

Heck, other than Marecic, name a player on our roster that Tebow could seriously displace.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Well, it's not exactly what you asked, but Ventrone is no longer on the team... right?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I realize you don't answer a question mark with yet another question mark. We addressed that issue with Campbell who is actually NFL QB material for the vertical system that Chud runs.

Bringing in yet another question mark at the QB position who is under contract for about the same money as Weeden and Campbell just makes no sense at this juncture IMO

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Not sure if this phrase exhibits the same tone it did on the now defunct Browns message board, but....

We gotta get this guy

This board is the first wave of defectors from the old board back in '06... it definitely has the same tone because "we" used it first

You didn't use it first you just left it first I've been on the official forums every since it first started and through each of it's reboots. I was also on this forum when it first started too but choose to go back due to it mostly being the same content to support the team website.

Heh, either way I dont want this guy =P

Then, you already knew that the phrase translated here

Browns is the Browns

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
jc

I know I say I dont want Tebow but thats because of the circus and distraction he would bring. I dont think he is a bad football player at all. He is a gamer. He might not look pretty while playing but last time I checked he took Denver as far into the playoffs as Peyton Manning did he not? (NO, I am not saying he is as good as Peyten so don't read into that.)

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
D
Legend
Legend
D

Legend
Legend
I'll give Tebow credit he took advantage of High School level mistakes. Whether it was a sell-out blitz that gets picked up and allows him to sneak out the back end for a big gain on the ground, or a safety blitz that leaves his receivers in isolation against slower corners, allowing him to float passes to them when they're wide open. I mean yeah, any QB could do that but ALL HE DOES IS WIN GAMES!

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Super Bowl MVP, Hall of Famer.

We'll see.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
j/c

if he came out this year he would have been the #1 qb taken. lmao

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Hmm, how many playoff wins have the Browns had lately?

How many has Tebow had?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I saw a hilarious tweet the other night (can't remember from who!)

"A Black guy, White guy and Mexican guy all walk into a room....it's a Jets QB meeting"

Funny.

------------------------------
*In Baker we trust*
-------------------------------
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Tebow Cut by Jets

Link Copied to Clipboard