Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Rookie
Rookie
C
I feel that Jim Brown is beginning his "new role" as a player mentor or player relations person on a bad foot.

Certainly there are players who were close to Holmgren. He was a great coach in his day (Which was more recent than Jim Browns.) The current players were alive when Holmgren was winning Super Bowls. Holmgren has spent a lot of time with the players on this team and some certainly liked him I am sure.

Bashing Holmgren, especially when Holmgren never bashed Brown, accomplishes nothing positive for the team. Yet the opposite could be true. The players that liked Holmgren may now be feeling defensive of their friend or uncomfortable around their new leader/ambassador/representative whatever. Some may wonder what he will say about them someday.

He may have created (to a lesser extant) the same dynamics as that of a parent that bashes their child's other parent after a divorce. Holmgren did not feel that the current role Jim Brown had was right for the team. He offered him another role that Jim did not like. Jim could have turned it down and just gone away quietly and enjoyed the honors paid to him with the ring of honor deal. Instead he accused Holmgren of racism and bashed his draft choice in TRich. Now he gets welcomed back and continues to bash Holmgren even though Holmgren has no influence on the team anymore.

Brown has divided this message board, divided the media, and likely divided the locker room to the extent the players care what he has to say.

The above all substantiates in my mind that Holmgren did the right thing in the first place. Some disagree and that may be true in the locker room as well which supports my argument that Jim Browns first actions in his new role was more bad for the team than it was good for the team.

The players, coaches, and staff now need to tip toe around when Jim is in the room out of fear that they will be his next media assault campaign. Sounds healthy to me.

For those that don't like Mike...can you see any positives in Brown's words? I am not asking if they were true or not as that would be oppinion...but were they positive for the team? Can you see where they may have hurt the team chemistry or locker room? Would you evaluate his words and the subsequent echo by Rucker as being overall good, overall bad or having no impact whats over on the team. If no effect at all then why drag a man's name through the mud for no reason?

No, I have no idea who Sam Axe is.
Legend
Legend
hmmmm so your saying young guys won't like a person who tells them like it is without sugar coating it. I think the young guys will respect somebody who tells them the truth and who doesn't blow smoke up their backside Chuck

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I am not calling you out, but will you show me Brown's recent comments about Mike Holmgren?

Also, what makes you think the players like Holmgren? He didn't coach them. He was absentee a lot and when he was there, he rode around in a golf cart. Got any quotes from players who say they liked him and miss him?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Report: Browns Giving Jim Brown Front Office Position

Link Copied to Clipboard