Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Quote:

Just throwing this out there: I want Austin Seferian-Jenkins in the first round more than a WR. He would be Gronk for us and Jordan would be Hernandez.

Or Colt Lyerla who just quit the team and university.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

and Jordan would be Hernandez.

Let's hope not.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

and Jordan would be Hernandez.

Let's hope not.

A year ago Jordan would probably kill to be like Hernandez

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
S
Legend
Legend
S
I'm getting really excited about my trip in a few weeks for PSU/OSU

Anyone have any tips for tailgating spots or anything like that?

I don't think anyone in our group wants to cook, I may just go to Ohio Deli and grab a giant sandwich. Anyone been there? Saw it on MVF and the food looked incredible.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

A year ago Jordan would probably kill to be like Hernandez

Did you use "kill" and "Hernandez" in the same sentence on purpose?

Legend
Legend
That appears to be exactly what he was doing. Killing would make him more similar to Hernandez. It was a pretty clever statement.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Georgia is getting beat down by Missouri and Oklahoma is getting beat down by Texas both are in the beginning of the 3rd quarter.

cfrs15 #799184 10/12/13 02:47 PM
Legend
Legend
I turned off the OU game because it was going pathetic

This Georgia game is good but I do feel that they are getting a lot of calls going their way...

<><

#gmstrong
cfrs15 #799185 10/12/13 02:48 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have pizza and beer and I'm watching the OK TX game. If Case McCoy was more accurate OK would really be getting blown out.

SaintDawgâ„¢

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Legend
Legend
Let's go boston college and Washington!!!!

<><

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I'm I the only one that is getting tired of every (seemingly) school now having a black uniform? I turn on a game anymore and have to figure out who is who. The Ducks change costumes every week. I get it. It's their gimmick. But Stanford, AZ, Washington, Nebraska...

[Linked Image]
S
Legend
Legend
S
Brady Hoke is the most overrated coach in college football.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Now that Lane Kiffin is unemployed that is definitely a possibility. I would put present day Steve Spurrier up there as well.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

UM may win the game still, but there have been some very questionable coaching moves here.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Johnny Football just had a very bad looking knee injury. Looks bad.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

UM may win the game still, but there have been some very questionable coaching moves here.

While we're at it, so is Devin Gardner. He was talked up like he was the next RG3. Dude BLOWS.

Legend
Legend
They should play the Benny Hill theme song every time Michigan's kicker comes out.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Quote:

They should play the Benny Hill theme song every time Michigan's kicker comes out.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I was actually doing that for Matt Schaub the other night.

Did it on third downs during Mangini's first year, as well.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

No matter what you think of Manziel off the field you can't knock his game. He is straight up ridiculous.

cfrs15 #799197 10/13/13 04:40 AM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

No matter what you think of Manziel off the field you can't knock his game. He is straight up ridiculous.

no doubt about it. He is very, very impressive as an athlete and competitor. I'm not sure what "it" is, but he has it.

M
All Pro
All Pro
M
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

While we're at it, so is Devin Gardner. He was talked up like he was the next RG3. Dude BLOWS.

Speaking of Devin Gardner, he said he GUARANTEED scUM would defeat Ohio State before the beginning of the season. Someone should have told him just how well that works. I really hope the Buckeyes D stomps a mudhole in him Nov. 30th.

"My opinions and feelings are mine and shall not be influenced by anyone....especially liberals."
D
Legend
Legend
D
UM and Northwestern losing yesterday will hurt OSU's SOS calculation ... its amazing to think they could run the table and have two unbeaten seasons in a row without playing in a championship game. I wonder if Clemson struggling to beat BC (3-3) will allow OSU to jump them in the AP poll?

Dave #799200 10/13/13 08:58 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I find it very hard to believe that OSU gets into championship game , all about schedule , and ours was a cake walk ..

Dave #799201 10/13/13 09:18 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Well, either Northwestern or Wisconsin had to lose yesterday. And we beat both.

I was rooting hard for Penn State yesterday, then realized that a win by That team up north would help our cause. I felt bad, but I still kept rooting for PSU to win.

I think we'll probably get in the game if we run the table. Either FSU or Clemson will lose next week. Who knows what could happen in the SEC. No one may end up unbeaten. Oregon looks to be able to go undefeated, but they seem to gag a game every year.

There does seem to be an inordinate number of unbeaten teams at this point of the season, though.

Right now, I'm just enjoying the ride.

D
Legend
Legend
D
One less unbeaten with Stanford losing to Utah yesterday. Clemson plays FSU next week so that will be one more gone, leaving Bama, Oregon, OSU, and Louisville, along with the winner of FSU-Clemson. Of course thats assuming all those teams hold serve next week and win. It would be a shame if there ends up being 4-5 unbeatens and some pollsters decide which two are best. Glad there will be a playoff system next year, at least.

Legend
Legend
The disgusting part is that we could go undefeated for 2 consecutive seasons, and still not play in a Championship Game.

To me, that's ridiculous .... strength of schedule be damned.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
S
Legend
Legend
S
Yeah, OSU needs help.

LSU beats Bama (in Tuscaloosa)

Stanford beats Oregon (in Palo Alto)

As far as the ACC goes, there are still many inter conference matchups that could shake things up, as well as FSU playing Florida at the end of the year.

I'm not totally confident, but if I had to bet, I would side with OSU being in the championship game if they run the table.

With Bama, they are still in the SEC and could lose any given week.

I don't fully trust Clemson or FSU.

As far as Oregon goes, whoever said they gag a game every year is right on. As soon as you get physical with that option, they are left with nothing. Just look at Stanford last year. Stanford is built to beat up teams like that. Could easily happen again. Keep in mind Hogan as a frosh went into Eugene and kicked their ass. (Disclaimer: I still love Mariota as a prospect the Browns should really take a look at. The knock on Oregon is more on the system than on him. I think he could flourish with a year on the bench under Chud)

Legend
Legend
I'll close this thread with a mock draft:

Free Agency:

•Resign Mack and Ward
•Sign Alterrann Verner the CB from Tennessee

Draft:

1. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington - A big athletic and complete TE. Allows to run the two TE set that has take the NFL by storm.

1. Zach Mettenberger, QB, LSU - Great size and has a powerful arm. Runs an NFL offense at LSU. The sexual assault thing is troublesome, but I haven't really heard anything else negative about his character.

2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt - Reminds me of Jordy Nelson.

****Trade our 3rd and both 4ths for a 2nd****
2. Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia - Moses is playing left tackle this year after having played exclusively at right tackle for Virginia. I think he projects much better at right tackle, but the experience he is getting at left tackle could provide an NFL team with some versatility. This pick moves Schwartz to RG. I just don't think Schwartz has the foot speed to play tackle. However I think he could be a mauler at guard.

3. Tre Boston, FS, UNC - I like Gibson, but Tate is an upgrade. He is athletic and can provide versatility.

5. Carlos Hyde, RB, OSU - Fills in for Willis as a big bruising RB that we need.

6. Jerome Smith, RB, Syracuse - Smith is a power running back at Syracuse but I am not sure if he has the speed to be a good RB in the NFL. He runs with great power and surprisingly nimble feet is a very reliable receiver out of the backfield.

7. Carlos Santos, K, Tulane

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
"People are too obsessed with draft picks and treat it like it's crack" - you, in another thread today...

It's October 14th and you have a mock draft... just sayin'.

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
GO ROCKETS
Legend
Legend
Quote:

"People are too obsessed with draft picks and treat it like it's crack" - you, in another thread today...

It's October 14th and you have a mock draft... just sayin'.

And you see me trading away multiple draft picks in said mock thus proving I don't want them

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Zach Mettenberger

I have seen him associated with us in a number of mock drafts. (and I can't believe that there are moch drafts this early)

I will say this ..... it is very possible that some of the junior QBs may decide to come back for another season rather than enter the draft, in hopes of getting a better draft slot. (Like Matt Barkley did .... although that didn't work out so well for him)

Some of these guys may want to consider that they might wind up in a much better place by going mid 1st round though. I do think that any QB we draft will have most of what he needs around him, because I do trust that this front office will do what it takes to sign and draft guys who fit.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum College Football

Link Copied to Clipboard