Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#799323 07/17/13 03:07 PM
S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
Dead week in sports, this may spark some good conversation, and maybe interest people in new stuff. Stick with current shows.

1. South Park - probably been my favorite show since it debuted my sophomore year. I have to admit they have fallen off the last few years, but I still tune in every week.

2. The Walking Dead - I'm sure this one will pop up on several lists. I think it's the best show out there right now.

3. Ghost Hunters - I realize how corny some think it is, but I'm interested in their work. I do like that they present their findings/evidence to you and let you decide for yourself. They offer their own opinion but they don't jam it down your throat either. Plus, they check out some really awesome locations.

4. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Just recently got into this show and I can't believe how I missed out on this? Good news is I have so much catching up to do.

5. Impractical Jokers - I think everyone would enjoy this show. If you've never seen an episode. These 4 friends who all came up together as a comedy group go out into public one at a time and the other 3 force them to do entirely stupid/awkard/offensive things. It works out as a game where you get a mark if you don't get the right result, and the guy with the most at the end has to do something embarrassing and stupid. It's mindless fun.

Honorable mention to Catfish, Key and Peele, tosh.0, and Homeland.

Legend
Legend
1a. The Walking Dead

1b. Breaking Bad

2. Game of Thrones

I have no others.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Don't watch that many shows that currently air.

Mad Men, Parks & Rec, Louie, recently watched the new Arrested Development episodes.

I watch Dexter, though I don't know why. It's not that good. But I watch.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Shows that are still running (not canceled or ended)

1) Game of Thrones

2) Walking Dead

3) Big Bang Theory

4) Justified

5) Falling Skies

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
Quote:

Don't watch that many shows that currently air.

Mad Men, Parks & Rec, Louie, recently watched the new Arrested Development episodes.

I watch Dexter, though I don't know why. It's not that good. But I watch.

I watched the first season of Dexter and it was alright, but I haven't had the urge to ever watch any beyond that.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
1. Walking Dead
2. Breaking Bad
3. Suits, Just started again last night
4. Longmire

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I watched the first season of Dexter and it was alright, but I haven't had the urge to ever watch any beyond that.

Season 1 was alright. Season 2 was good. Season 3 was awful. Season 4 was fantastic. The rest have been pretty bad.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
I have 7 seasons of Dexter to watch, 2 seasons of Scandel, 3 seasons of Game of Thrones, 3 seasons of Nikita, 1 season of Vikings, 5 seasons of Nurse Jackie, 1 season of Copper.

I don't think I will ever catch up.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I have 7 seasons of Dexter to watch, 2 seasons of Scandel, 3 seasons of Game of Thrones, 3 seasons of Nikita, 1 season of Vikings, 5 seasons of Nurse Jackie, 1 season of Copper.

I don't think I will ever catch up.

That is what winter bike riding indoors was for me.... nothing but time to pedal away for hours and watch an entire season of a TV series in just a about one week.
Wash, rinse, repeat.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
1. Walking Dead

2. Newsroom / Southland

3. Falling Skies

4. Boardwalk Empire

5. Game of Thrones

M
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
M
My advice: don't watch those shows. It's not worth the time. And I should probably take my own advice, but here is my list:

1. The Wire
2. The Sopranos
3. Mad Men
4. The Simpsons (first ten seasons)
5. Seinfeld

F
Legend
Legend
F
1) Walking Dead
2) Game of Thrones
3) Revolution

Beyond that there is nothing I set aside time to watch or record. I watch a lot of History, H2, Disc, Military, etc.

I have been catching "Under The Dome" which has been decent, not great, but decent.

Looking forward to a few fall shows coming up:

Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on ABC
and The 100 on CW

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
1. Breaking Bad
2. Walking Dead
3. Person of Interest
4. Falling Skies
5. Revolution

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
1. Breaking Bad - Only 8 more sodes to go!
2. Pardon the Interuption - I've watched since it came on & I still think it's great.
3. Wilfred - "Dude, I'm fat"
4. Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman - I like shows that challenge my weak brain
5a(tie). The Big Bang Theory - I didn't want to like it, but it's too well written
5b(tie). Sons of Anarchy - It's a little too "soap opera" for me, but it's kinda cool.

And sports (though I quit Sportscenter a while back - like 5 years ago).

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
1.) Parks & Recreation
2.) Big Bang Theory
3.) Modern Family
4.) The Americans
5.) Suits

[color:"green"] "World domination has encountered a momentary setback. Please talk amongst yourselves." Get Fuzzy[/color]
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
If we are talking all time then shows like Curb your enthusiasm and The Sopranos would crack my top 5.

The only shows on to watch right now are dexter and gordon ramsay.

For those that are still new.

1. Breaking Bad. I love this show and have no idea what is going to happen this season.

2. It's Always Sunny . Really has lost its mark the last few seasons but the first four or so are amazing. Ps charlie day is in the movie horrible bosses which is an outstanding comedy i highly recommend. Seriously watch that movie if you like Charlie.

3. Dexter - seasons 1-2 and season 4 are awesome. I am excited for this last season. It isnt the best show ever but I suspect the ending will be satisfying.

4. Masterchef - I love gordon ramsay. And the format of this show really has a bunch of people making unique dishes every episode rather than beef wellington and risotto all day. My favorite cooking show to date.

5. Big Bang Theory- I hated this show when I first saw it. Much like House my enjoyment of it revolves entirely around Sheldon. Probably my favorite character on television surrounded by a fairly unmemorable cast.

Rounding out the rest are louie, archer, conan, the seth mcfarlane cartoons, community, south park(top 3 in the past), workaholics. I watch a few others, clearly too much, gilbert gottfried in comedy central roasts had me laughing for hours last week. The wire is the only show I havent seen right now on my must see list.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I liked the Brit version of The Office

Antiques Roadshow

American Experience

Indians Baseball

Daily Show

M
All Pro
All Pro
M
1. Burn Notice - Sad to see this is the final season, but it was/is still a great show.
2. Red Eye - Seen on FOX NEWS at 3AM weekdays. Thank God for DVR capabilities.
3. psych - Funny as hell.
4. Rizzoli and Isles - Two of my favorite actresses, Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander are on the same show.
5. Southland - Intense cop show.

"My opinions and feelings are mine and shall not be influenced by anyone....especially liberals."
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
60 Minutes
Symon's Suppers
Giada at Home
Saturday Night Live
Rehab Addict

Those are the 5 shows we DVR and usually watch at dinner time. I also love Breaking Bad and will watch that when it returns. My wife watches Mad Men but I just can't get into it.

[Linked Image]
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
If we're doing all-time favorites, "The Wire" is the best show ever. Hands down. It's the closest thing to The Great American Novel we have.

"The Sopranos" is up there, as well.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Also forgot Sons of Anarchy, also since 24 has a new season next year that will be set as well.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Game of Thrones - Far and away the best. It's not really fair to compare any other shows to this one since it has a six million dollar per episode budget.

Dexter - Intense beginning to the season, can't wait to see how this ends.

Breaking Bad - simply one of the best

The Walking Dead - It lost points for how lame the governers story ended, and the 2nd half of the season was kind of a let down after how great the first 8 episodes were.

Shameless - Too funny is all I have to say

One to look out for:
Ray Donovan - Jon Voight has been great in the first 3 episodes, I would recommend giving this show a look.

Legend
Legend
In no particular order

NCIS
Suits
Castle
Person of Interest
Franklin and Bash
Cover Affairs
Royal Pains

And lately I've gotten hooked on Under the Dome..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Breaking Bad. Thinking it may end up being my favorite show ever.

A Game of Thrones. Love the books. Can't believe how good its being adapted.

The Killing. I hear ratings for season 3 are low. I think its still great.

The Americans. Can't wait to see where its going.

The Venture Brothers. God's gift to fanboys.

Honorable Mention: Boardwalk Empire, Louie, American Horror Story, The Walking Dead, Family Tree, Curb Your Enthusiasm, True Blood, Dexter (These last 2 have jumped the shark. Can't wait for them to end)

R
Legend
Legend
R
When I created the Walking Dead thread, it didn't get much traction. Now it's on everyone's list.

If you had asked me 2 months ago what my favorite current show is it would have been Walking Dead. But with the disappointment of Season 3 and finally getting around to watching Breaking Bad, I'm bumping Walking Dead to #2. So here are mine in order:

1. Breaking Bad - Can't wait for the last 8 episodes. I'm just bummed that I will have to wait a week in between each one.

2. Walking Dead - Awesome show. Hope season 4 is better than season 3.

3. Sons of Anarchy - Can't wait for season 5.

4. The Following - For a standard cable show, they hit on a nice formula that isn't the same old, same old lawyer/cop rehash that seems to be every show on every standard station. You don't know what's going to happen from week to week, and it doesn't hurt that they got a big star to play the lead.

5. Just started Game of Thrones so don't really have an opinion other than I'm just so-so on it right now. I'm not a big medieval kind of guy. Would also like to start The Wire and 24.

Legend
Legend
Walking dead
Big Bang theory
Ncis

Will watch game of thrones on DVD once I read the books

<><

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
1) Dexter
2) Breaking Bad
3) Shameless
4) The Walking Dead
5a.) House of Lies
5b.) Ray Donovan (giving a chance. Entertained, but haven't formed a strong opinion of the show yet)

Just missed top 5... Justified, Homeland & Sons of Anarchy, Arrested Development (netflix)

Shows on list to watch: Game of Thrones

F
Legend
Legend
F
Quote:

1. Burn Notice - Sad to see this is the final season, but it was/is still a great show.
2. Red Eye - Seen on FOX NEWS at 3AM weekdays. Thank God for DVR capabilities.
3. psych - Funny as hell.
4. Rizzoli and Isles - Two of my favorite actresses, Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander are on the same show.
5. Southland - Intense cop show.

Teah I'll watch Rizzoli and Isles if I run across it just for Angie.

I want to add Sons of Anarchy to my current list, forgot it.

Legend
Legend
There's not a tremendous that I actively search out to watch on TV.

I like Counting Cars, because his crew does some amazing stuff with some real wrecks. The prices me pays for some stuff makes me wish I had kept some of the beaters I had in the past though.

I enjoy American Restoration, again because he restores some destroyed items to incredible shape. I love some of the old items that I saw in my youth. (man I sound really old now ..... but I guess I'm getting there)

Top Gear on BBC America is a fun show. They do some cool stuff, like converting cars into car/boats, and such ..... and it's always fun.

I love Doctor Who. My favorite show on TV. Unfortunately it's off until Christmas.

I also enjoy Restaurant Impossible, and Kitchen Nightmares, though they are heavy, heavy, heavy on formula.

I like some of the renovation shows on HGTV and DIY Network. I can't do that kind of stuff anymore, but I enjoy seeing how a property can go from awful to fantastic, often in just a half an hour.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
A
Rookie
Rookie
A
I watch way too much tv to just list 5.

For action/dramas I would probably say:

1. 24 ( my favorite show ever)
2. Dexter ( I actually enjoyed every season except 3)
3. Breaking Bad
4. Homeland
5. Prison Break
6. Burn Notice
7 Fringe
8. Arrow ( only been on 1 season, but I really enjoyed the 1st season)

Comedies:

1. It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia (1st 5 seasons are fantastic)
2. South Park
3. Arrested Developement
4. Parks and Recreation
5,. The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret.

Then in no particular order I also really enjoy Louie, Family Guy , Workaholics, Tosh.0, The League, Psych, Community, 30 Rock, and I'm probably forgetting a bunch more,

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
1. Vikings
2. Modern Family
3. How I Met Your Mother
4. Big Bang Theory
5. Jeopardy

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
S
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
S
Current shows

1. The Walking Dead. Most compelling show on TV. It's one of the few shows that has me on the edge of my seat every week.
2. Copper. It's on BBC America. Very good period piece about police in Civil War New York.
3. Arrow. It's kinda corny, but I like the superhero drama.
4. Regular Show. My kids turned me on to this and it is the funniest show on TV.
5. Haven. I couldn't think on another show, so I stuck this one in there. It's entertaining

All time favs

1. Battlestar Galactica. The new one is one of the best written shows of all time.
2. Barney Miller. This is one of the funniest shows of all time.
3. The Walking Dead. See above
4. Seinfeld. I watch the reruns and they are still just as funny as they were the first time I saw them.
5. Star Trek TNG. I know it was slow to start, but I think it really evolved into something great.

S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
Quote:

When I created the Walking Dead thread, it didn't get much traction. Now it's on everyone's list.

I had to refrain from even looking at your topic, because we were behind in episodes. I still haven't watched the last two.

My girlfriend likes the show but won't watch them without me, and we work opposite schedules.

F
Legend
Legend
F
Quote:

A lot of us record and watch later, so we don't want spoilers so I stayed out until I caught up. :P

Legend
Legend
I have yet to watch a Walking Dead episode.

Zombies just don't do it for me.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Sounds like I need to start watching The Wire and the new Battlestar Galactica (after Breaking Bad).

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

...Rizzoli and Isles if I run across it just for Angie.

OK. I'll be more than happy with Sasha. Also:
Defiance
NCIS
Documentaries
National Geographic, etc...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Off the top of my head, some shows i watch:

Big Bang Theory
Duck Dynasty
Ghost Hunters
Restaurant Impossible
Tanked

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
P
Legend
Legend
P
Andy Griffith
Everybody Loves Raymond
Big Bang Theory
Law and Order (SVU)
Turner Classic Movies (Any)

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Quote:

In no particular order

NCIS
Suits
Castle
Person of Interest
Franklin and Bash
Cover Affairs
Royal Pains

And lately I've gotten hooked on Under the Dome..

Forgot all about Burn Notice and Graceland.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Top 5 favorite TV shows

Link Copied to Clipboard