M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

just wow. i cant remember a post with so much crap. you and mac in a contest?

pbla...just what did Spirit say that was not true?...show us.

Gotta smack another gnat...

Gnats are bad this time of year !

why should i answer you? you don't answer posts where you are proved wrong. 0 respect for you. now spirit i do have a little. so when he wants me to answer i will.

pba...Run Forest, Run...

...damn gnats !

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Rookie
Rookie
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

j/c:

Sheesh..........what a crock.

The same guys who preached about giving Holmgren and company a chance and defended every stupid move they did are now saying "show me."

I can even remember a guy on this thread who had "I'm becoming a Pat Shurmur enthusiast" as his sig before we even played a game. Now, he is saying, "show me."

You guys are looking for reasons to complain. Yet, you constantly defended the past regime. Yeah, I am taking you seriously.

For years I got grief for being too negative. Not buying to the latest, greatest savior. And all I got was crap from you over buying in to the plan when I did finally get on board. A plan I might add, that they STUCK with. So now I'm back in black. I expect to see improvement this year. Sue me. Since you were calling for Shurmurs head after one GAME you don't have much room to talk.

Building the team the right way = Building through the draft and being frugal in free agency.

Lets examine the previous regimes.

Mangini was in control for one season. He said all the right things. He was going to build it the right way. Etc. Then he signed aging vets and traded for more. At the end of his tenure as GM/HC we were a much older and slower team and he presided over one of the worst drafts in Browns history.

Holmgren and Heckert said they had a plan. They were going to build this team the "right" way. By building through the draft and not over spending in free agency. At the end of their run in the front office we are one of the youngest teams in the league, they left us in AWESOME shape cap wise and they did EXACTLY what they said they were going to do. Build through the draft and not over spend on old guys. They DID show and prove. We are in MUCH better shape now than we were when they got here.

Interestingly, our new regime Banner and Lombardi are saying the exact same thing Heckert and Holmgren said( typically what every new regime says)..... The plan hasn't changed. Or so they say. Time will tell if they show and prove it....

And yes, I liked Pat Shurmur. I thought he was a good guy. Much better than Mr. backstabber hero-boy. Mangini 10-22 Shurmur 9-23 Tell me HOW superior hero boy was..... One fluke win against Buffalo where we completed 3 total passes and won on a muffed punt return. Gained ZERO yards and Dawson saved Mangini from an 0-12 start. That's the difference man. A muffed punt followed by a field goal.

Want to argue further over past regimes, you know where to find me man. We can have at it any time you like....

just wow. i cant remember a post with so much crap. you and mac in a contest?

WOW Are we even still alive!!!

How anyone could live thru all of this BS is beyond me.

I have to check myself for a pulse cause I think I died 5 years ago watching this crap y'all call a football team.

I can only hope that this new front office and coaches can put something on the field that will shock me back to life and get my brown and orange blood flowing again.

Call me the paramedics Chud...... Please.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
- Isaac Asimov
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I'm not even reading this garbage. I've heard this with every single regime change, read the same boring, lifeless, garbage articles.

Show me.

I agree, I've felt this way about a lot of the articles lately. The same old "coach speak" we've read over and over and over. Win games.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

At least they didn't kill anyone. . .

But seriously, Banner is talking about on the field.

Ok, but for years we have blasted other teams for the character of their players off the field.. if we are going to stop doing that and put up with this kind of guys on our team... then that's what we'll do.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Also, Gordon was drafted by Heckert and Holmgren. I don't see how that gets put on the new guys.

You will note that I stated that all 4 of the guys arrested were brought in under this regime.. then added that Gordon was suspended.. I realize he was not brought in under this regime but like it or not, they are now responsible for his issues...

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I believe he was talking about more than just the roster. The coaching staff, scouts, executives, etc, all contribute to an organization. I think Banner feels he's filled the building with quality people.

I believe he was too.. but when you have the worst arrest record in the NFL this offseason, you have to be very clear when you start talking about the caliber of "people" you have brought in.

Admit it, if the Bengals had their typical 4 or 5 arrest offseason and then Lewis did an interview about the high caliber of the people they brought in, it would be slapped up in the smack shack immediately and ripped apart...

yebat' Putin
E
Legend
Legend
E
Quote:

Signed Desmond Bryant, he was arrested on 2/14 for criminal mischief
Signed Quentin Groves, he was arrested on 4/24 for solicitation
Drafted Armonty Bryant, he was arrested on 5/6 for DUI
Signed Ausar Walcott, he was arrested on 6/26 for attempted murder by punching a guy.

Bout time we got some Defensive players with Attitude! I'm tired of all the Choir Boys...

glover...I hope you realized he was talking about Holmgren not Banner. Holmgren was a little hesitant to fire Mangini but stated that two seasons of 5-10 just weren't hacking it and it was time to WIN...of course possibly he said that with anticipation of one of our Softest schedules in 2011...I think he was shocked at how much they lost

BPG n others...agree with the Show me...actually always have. But they say the same thing about buying into the PROGRAM...simply because it is Franchise Building 101...Step I get them to all buy in.

After that 3 things are NEEDED to BUILD which sadly have been missed by our Regimes.
1. TALENT...drafted talent specifically.
2. Coaching. HC, OC and DC
3. Continuity.

Without those 1,2 n 3 buying into the program by everyone is MEANINGLESS. So we got 101 down...young guys easily buy into everything. Football players (especially Defensive) love attack mentality so easy to buy in.

Now its down to 1,2,3.
Talent we have a nice foundation of young players maturing and did well with the few additions we made.
Coaching...Chud is infectious n a Browns fan to boot. Norv n Horton probably the best OC/DC combo we have every had!

Continuity...very reassuring from Banner...he just came from a place where they all worked together for 14 years!

Definitely time for the "SHOW ME" part - 100% with ya there as talk is cheap. But its looking good and I hope we stick with it for more than 2 years, Our last two Directions

JMHO

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's funny. Seems like I believe in these guys more than the supposed "supporters" do. There is no reason this team can't win some games and play good football this year. I'm not saying playoffs or anything crazy like that. But 7-9 or even 8-8 while scaring the bejesus out of every team we play is easily do-able. Chud got DA to the pro-bowl. We have another strong armed QB in Weeden and he can do something DA could never accomplish. Take something off the throw and display some touch. If Chud can get that kind of season out of DA, there's no reason to think Chud PLUS Norv Turner can't get similar results with superior talent. We have a very good offensive line that will give him the time to throw those deeper routes everyone is so intent on. We have a stud running back and an OC that thinks he could easily reach 300 carries this year. Meaning, we plan on running the ball. We have a confident defensive coordinator that wants to fire up a pass rush and a number of young players our new staff feel fit that scheme very well. If Horton can get these guys up to speed in time, we should get good pressure on opposing QB's. All we heard from the supporters was how this new staff would change the system to fit the players and how our guys would thrive on that. Well, then there is no reason to believe we won't see that on the field of play in wins and good football.

So why is it crazy to expect to see improvement this year? It's completely possible for this team to make significant improvement and play good football this season. They just have to go out and DO it. I think they can. Come on supporters, show a little confidence in a staff you proclaim to support.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

They are attracted to garbage.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

At least they didn't kill anyone. . .

But seriously, Banner is talking about on the field.

Ok, but for years we have blasted other teams for the character of their players off the field.. if we are going to stop doing that and put up with this kind of guys on our team... then that's what we'll do.

Seems to have worked for the Bengals the last couple of years. They very easily could win the division this season. Of course they don't rebuild the front office and coaching staff every couple years. Knock Mike Brown all you want(he's earned it) but sticking with Marvin Lewis through some rough times is starting to pay off now. That defense is tough and their WCO is scoring enough to win games. Right now I'd LOVE two back to back 10-6 seasons.

The Steelers have a sexual predator at quarterback and the league and fans just FAWN over the .. Big Ben this, and Big Ben that.... sickening.

Compared to that our guys are choir boys.

The league DOES need to drill it through some THICK skulls that hiring a service and being driven around is what RICH folk do. It's stupid to drive yourself anywhere, let alone a club where you're drinking. Take a cue from the REALLY rich. Hire a driver/service and be DRIVEN wherever you go.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

But, you sure did want Mangini fired after he didn't think Brady Quinn was a great qb. I remember the threads where you guys would talk about signing petitions and boycottting games in an attempt to get Mangini fired.

Bull! I never called for Mangini's head until the very end. Certainly not the first year. And as for the DA/Quinn debate. You're memory sucks. Yes, I did think Quinn should be given a shot at the job. The year BEFORE Mangini got here. Once the previous regime had left, Quinn wasn't ON Mangini. He was on SAVAGE. Who spent a butload on a quarterback they weren't even giving a shot to. THAT ticked me off(in 08).
Had Mangini come in and dumped both DA and Quinn and drafted a QB, I'd have been cool with that. Instead, he had a competition, and that was fine too. HE chose Quinn as the winner and started him game one. Then quickly went back to Anderson. Do you remember what I wrote at that time Vers? Bet you don't. I wrote that making the switch was fine, he didn't owe Quinn a thing. However, DON'T CHANGE BACK. Rotating quarterbacks in and out on a whim accomplishes NOTHING. So when he went with DA I felt AND wrote that they should stick with DA until the end of the season or he gets hurt. I made no threats of petitions or boycotting games.
I did comment on what I saw and that was some of the worst football I've EVER seen. But I refrained from calling for his head. And when Holmgren was hired and decided to keep EM I really hoped that JUST being a coach and not in charge of everything would turn things around for the club and for hero-boy. In hindsight that was Holmgrens biggest blunder. Not firing him day one. < notice I don't agree with every stupid move made by Holmgren and Heckert.

So, for the record. My opinion is that a brand new head coach isn't responsible for the quarterback he inherits. Unless a team has Tom Brady or Arron Rodgers, a new HC should be able to pick or draft his own quarterback. Example, if Chud and Norv decide Weeden can't do the job, I would completely back them either using one of our other quarterbacks, or trading for one they feel can. Weeden isn't on them. And if this crew drafts a QB next year and then gets fired later, the incoming coach should have the right to bring in his guy. It's his ass on the line if they don't succeed. I felt that way when Mangini took over, and I feel that way now.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Quote:

They are attracted to garbage.

PDR...yes they are... ...you might want to clean up a bit...

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
V
Legend
Legend
V
I just don't think 7 to 8 wins is winning football. I think that is attainable, but I wouldn't call that a good year.

You guys act like Weeden is so much better than DA. I haven't seen it, yet. DA got rid of the ball quick. He didn't make his OL look bad. He had tremendous touch on the deep passes. He threaded 18 yard curls and outs like a needle. He threw for 29 TDs and 19 picks, while Weeden threw for 14 TDs and 17 picks. He led his team to a 10 and 5 record while Weeden guided his team to a 5 and 10 record.

I am not saying Weeden won't be better than DA, but as of right now........he isn't. And it ain't even close. I am tired of reading poster after poster make this claim of how much better Weeden is than DA. He hasn't done squat yet..........other than suck. And until your QB plays effectively, your team will struggle.

D
ddubia Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
I think you also have to consider too what DA did after he left here, and this may be a vote for the Chud/Norv style offense,... he sucked.

Once DA was out of this offense he didn't do squat. Worse in fact than Weeden did last year. He didn't do well here nor anywhere else he ended up,

None of this is to dispute what you say about how well DA threw the ball here but maybe there's something to the Norv offense being QB friendly.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
The only route that DA was top 20% was the seam route. And yet you don't even make mention of it. Why?

He also was not good at throwing curls and he didn't have fantastic touch on deep passes. He did have a tight end who could catch anything thrown to him practically within a 10 foot window on curl routes. And he had a ridiculously athletic WR who could make acrobatic catches seem easy and easy catches seem acrobatic.

DA could throw a rope in between the hashes but was not very good or accurate on anything else.

And he was downright pathetic within 20 feet trying to hit a dumpoff.

Even in his "pro-bowl" year intelligent posters knew what we had on our hands was a fluke and I was praying the Cowboys would swipe him away.

Oh well. We don't have to worry about him anymore.

[Linked Image]
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
like your post weeden rookie qb ranking 70 derrick anderson 0.00

derrick anderson in his first two years he averaged 32.0 under chuds system so if weeden throwns 73.0 this year we will be in the playoffs sense they spent 100,000,000 million on contracts plus there two high drafts picks.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Vers
I just don't think 7 to 8 wins is winning football. I think that is attainable, but I wouldn't call that a good year.

I wouldn't consider that even acceptable at this point there is way to much talent here for us to be even a .500 team. Now I do understand the reality of where we are at we are young yet talented, we have some rather large question marks hanging over some key positions, but I also know that there are enough option available to believe that these issues shouldn't keep this team from being damned good.

Throw on top of that a new staff and new schemes, you know you may suffer at least to start with, but by the mid season mark this team should be rolling, and what I mean by rolling is they should be winning and winning convincingly.

Then there is always the unknown an injury bug could hit and end it there. But we can take a hit in that area and not collapse which has happened to us in the past (see 2010 season). As is true with everything though there are limits within each position group to the numbers of injuries we can sustain. You won't find that not to be true of any team.

Quote:

Vers
You guys act like Weeden is so much better than DA. I haven't seen it, yet. DA got rid of the ball quick. He didn't make his OL look bad. He had tremendous touch on the deep passes. He threaded 18 yard curls and outs like a needle. He threw for 29 TDs and 19 picks, while Weeden threw for 14 TDs and 17 picks. He led his team to a 10 and 5 record while Weeden guided his team to a 5 and 10 record.

I am not saying Weeden won't be better than DA, but as of right now........he isn't. And it ain't even close. I am tired of reading poster after poster make this claim of how much better Weeden is than DA. He hasn't done squat yet..........other than suck. And until your QB plays effectively, your team will struggle.

I think by the time camp closes will have a better feel for who Weedon truly is, that said I think he has the potential to be worlds better then DA ever was. That doesn't mean he is at this moment or that he ever will be for that matter, but he can make all the throws DA could and he can do one thing DA couldn't and that is hit a dump off throw. But for now your 1000% correct in your comparison but that may not be so for much longer.

But for me the bottom line is Weedon can make every throw and DA couldn't. Hopefully you will at least concede that point???

I have been waiting for some one to do a breakdown of the 2007 team and compare it back against this squad and I think when you take in the total team, offense, defense, ST????, and over all depth this squad is worlds better. Now that doesn't make that so nor does it mean this team will compile a similar record, there are to many variables to say that in absolute terms, but IMO this team is better nearly across the board better, yet yes they are unproven. The important thing here is though, we have huge IMO potential, and that is something that has been missing.

We have a 1st rate coaching staff, and we have talent, therefore we have an opportunity to be really really good, dominating good in fact. Will it start that way??

Not likely, but as we move along thru the season and certainly by mid season this team should be turning heads, in fact if there not I'm going to be pretty unhappy. So for me they have to try to eek out a few early wins if they can get to mid season anywhere near .500 they will have a legit shot to make the playoffs. Yup I said the word, I think this team is going to be the talk of the league this year. You know the team that comes out of nowhere and wins way more then anyone though they could?

Quote:

Spirit
And as for the DA/Quinn debate. You're memory sucks. Yes, I did think Quinn should be given a shot at the job. The year BEFORE Mangini got here.

You have often spread poison Spirit IMO. The BQ thing is but one example...

The whole PF thing was yet another example of your being wrong, again IMO. And yes you on a weekly bases put up threads calling for Mangini to be fired, and my memory is NOT faulty in that respect at ALL.

The mistake you say PF made was not firing Mangini to start with, and fail to recognize that the real mistake was hiring PF in the 1st place. But in Jr. fashion he displayed once again his unsteadiness, and we the fans reaped the reward of his unsteadiness.

The real key that is going to unlock the door for us is Haslam, I know many of you won't understand that but Haslam is a huge key. He has to make sure that all parties play nice with each other, and work for the common good of the team. Had we ever had that with Jr we wouldn't have gone thru 13 years of absolute misery.

I know we aren't going to see this huge turnover and constant upheaval we have witnessed over the past what seems like forever. I think the fans and the press know that our days of running the football team ended when Haslam bought the team. A steady hand in the owners box will bring the stability we have been lacking. JTHF

So I say to all if you want to be thankful, truly thankful for something be thankful that Jr. is gone and that Haslam who will keep his hand on the pulse of this team from top to bottom is here. Now we win and change of ownership is the number one reason that happens.

That said I get a sense that your about to leap on the bandwagon Spirit that you like this staff, you like the defense especially and you like the ingredients and possibilities presented by the offense, so we are as close as we have ever been to coming to a kind of agreement, and I see that across the board pretty much. There is more unity among the fan base then ever before when it comes to staff and talent. I think we all know that we are in a better place then we were..

I've said enough..............LOL

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Won't really debate on DA...but he's proven he's a back up.

Difference between DA n Weeden...Weeden show accuracy and touch on the check down routes.

DA was totally lost when Defenses got his number and played behind our WRs leaving just the underneath stuff.

He was one of the few QBs who was WELL UNDER 50% completion on passes 10 yards and UNDER...most were in the 70-80%. This is where I think any and all claims of Weeden is better than DA. Stat comparisons with 07 n 2012...pretty meaningless.
1. Different systems.
2. Rookie vs 2nd year player
3. Shotgun college QB taking the MOST SNAPS in the NFL under center.
4. Stretch philosophy not the same.
5. Schedule

Actually this season will be a good comparison not that I care - Cause rather simply put. DA ain't here...if he was I'd be a heck of a lot more curious but the powers to be chose Campbell instead of DA - and DA was on record on stating he would love to follow Chud. We didn't want him...If he had a rats ass chance of being BETTER than Weeden I think we would have signed him for our back up n competition.

JMHO

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
D
Legend
Legend
D
I'd rather have gotten Hoyer than DA. And we did, and as you said we are going into camp without DA although there was speculation of bringing him in. I am glad, DA just is backup material and truthfully, Campbell can make all the deep ball throws DA could minus some of the other headaches.

Derek had one good season throwing deep in Chud's offense, and people want to keep saying his name around here. He did nothing in Arizona and nothing in Carolina, both places that needed a QB to step up at the time and the starting job should have clearly been open for the best player to take... clearly there are reasons for that. My thoughts are now DA won't ever be behind a starting nfl center and he'll take the Seneca Wallace route, bouncing around benches and team's second stringers...

Legend
Legend

Here take this pill. Count backwards from ten and believe everything I say.

Hows this draft a quarterback who is a leader, can play the position, and has a future. Someone we can count on for say ten years.

Then get into the playoffs for oh, I don't know say eight years straight and win a Super Bowl.

Performance and results are what counts not the endless rhetoric.

Legend
Legend
I feel kinda stupid asking this but can someone define "THE RIGHT WAY" for me.

I mean, I thought/believed the right way was through the draft and I guess to a large extent, I still do. That kinda worked for a year with Edwards and KW2. But, I've seen that tried and I've seen that mostly fail.

Then of course, there is the "get them in FA" plan. We saw that kinda work with Butch Davis but in the end,, it wasn't sustainable due to the CAP issues.

Let's not forget the always popular "combo platter" where you draft well and pick up great FA's. We've really not seen that much in the last 14 years have we? I mean, we've seen it attempted, but just not successfully.

But that appears to be the plan now. Draft well (although there will always be those that think we didn't draft well, just the nature of the beast I guess) and pick up a couple of select FA's to round things out and apparently, this plan can't be done in one year (imagine that)

So, I ask, which is the "RIGHT WAY"?

Or is it that they all can and have worked and we just haven't had the Front Office Staff that could tell good from bad and pull it off here? If that's the case, do we now have that FO?

Mac, please refrain from responding, I know your answer to that last question

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Quote:

. jarvis jones
2arthur brown
3warford lg
4that injured ronning that had a 1st round grade
signs
1 dummerville
2wallace who wants to play me

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Or is it that they all can and have worked and we just haven't had the Front Office Staff that could tell good from bad and pull it off here? If that's the case, do we now have that FO?

Since you asked...I was one of those fans wary of Joe Banner when he first came in. I got even more uncomfortable after the Lombardi hire. But since that point my opinion of the FO has been trending up. I don't like everything they have done but to do so would be unrealistic. Overall, at this point, (do I need to say this point includes no actual football) I like what they have done to build the team.

V
Legend
Legend
V
My point wasn't to build DA up...........sheesh.

I am saying that Weeden hasn't shown us anything to inspire so much confidence. I can't fathom how you guys are saying he is more accurate. He was all over the place w/his throws.

I do have to say this though........Held, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

. jarvis jones
2arthur brown
3warford lg
4that injured ronning that had a 1st round grade
signs
1 dummerville
2wallace who wants to play me

What?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Since you asked...I was one of those fans wary of Joe Banner when he first came in. I got even more uncomfortable after the Lombardi hire. But since that point my opinion of the FO has been trending up. I don't like everything they have done but to do so would be unrealistic. Overall, at this point, (do I need to say this point includes no actual football) I like what they have done to build the team.

You weren't alone in the Doubting Banner team.

So I guess you are saying, this could be the front office that uses the "Combo Platter" approach and gets us up and running right?

Last edited by Damanshot; 07/27/13 11:55 AM.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The one condition I would place on the "combo platter" approach as you describe is, being very careful with the use of free agency. IMO, free agency should be relied on sparingly. What we did this year makes sense and although the team was aggressive in FA they were not excessive. Still, draft maneuvering like Banner did to acquire Bess or trades such as getting RB Lewis is a better alternative for acquiring veteran talent.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

He also liked throwing 100 mile an hour fast balls at running backs five feet away. He had ZERO touch on the ball. Weeden has shown he can take some velocity off the ball and throw those touch passes. What has DA done? Zero playoff runs. Can't hold a starting job anywhere. Flat out SUCKED in Arizona while having Larry Fitzgerald to throw to. DA is nothing more than a backup. Now, Weeden may end up as nothing more than a backup as well, but he has more tools in his toolbox than DA. There's a reason our new regime decided to stick with him.
And remember, Weeden was a rookie last year. Broke a few rookie records as well....
7 to 8 wins is improvement and that's what we are looking for. Improvement. I'll take that this year as long as we are in every game. I think we would have done that without changing regimes. Around 8 wins this year, shot at the playoffs next year, deep playoff run the following year. Hopefully, that time table hasn't changed due to the turnover. And with a young team, hopefully we can sustain that..... instead of filling the roster with old guys hoping you can squeeze one playoff run out of them.... For once, a regime change doesn't seem to have resulted in a complete roster overhaul. Or a complete shift in direction. Build through the draft, don't overspend on old guys....

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I keep seeing this from different posters. RG3 was NEVER under center in college. Yet no one is giving Shanahan crap for putting him under center in Washington. If you want to run the football you have to have a quarterback that's comfortable under center. Period. If a quarterback just flat out can't line up under center, he can't play in the NFL. I'm glad they had him under center so much last year. Will help when we have him there this year.....and if Norv is right and Richardson gets 300 carries, Weeden will be under center more than some think....

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I agree. It's like he sees it as a puzzle and isn't going to force fit any of the pieces.

Almost hate to say this but I get a good vibe from these guys. It seems that they know what they are doing and are not hesitant to make upgrades.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I'll put this out to the board...

Has anyone met Vers? Because its easy to proclaim on a message board that you're a professional scout. But by the quality of your posts I simply know that isn't true.

If you don't know that DA's best work came throwing the seam route then it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.

I find it sad that you maintain a fraudulent identity to attempt to talk down to people.

Any long time posters want to speak up on behalf of meeting Vers and validating his story?

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I've never met him, sorry I can be no help to you on that.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
vers is pretty harmless just mention anderson only had a 0.00 qb ranking in his first year.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I keep seeing this from different posters. RG3 was NEVER under center in college. Yet no one is giving Shanahan crap for putting him under center in Washington. If you want to run the football you have to have a quarterback that's comfortable under center. Period. If a quarterback just flat out can't line up under center, he can't play in the NFL. I'm glad they had him under center so much last year. Will help when we have him there this year.....and if Norv is right and Richardson gets 300 carries, Weeden will be under center more than some think....

No one is saying that RG3 and other QBs don't line up under Center at times ...... but the Browns lined up under Center more often than almost any other team last year.

NFL QBs, overall, threw from the shotgun 66% of the time. '

Weeden threw from the shotgun on only 43% of his throws.

He is a QB who was far more comfortable in the shotgun, but who was forced under Center by a strict offensive philosophy. He was also a QB who had a QB rating of almost 80 from the shotgun. Under Center he was much less effective, with a QB rating of 67.

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index.ssf/2013/02/statistics_show_west_coast_was.html

Further, many passes from under Center for QBs across the league could well have been play action passes. I wonder how often QB lined up under Center and dropped straight back to pass. I bet that it's around 20-25% of the time tops.

Again, no one is saying that we should never line up under Center as a look in the passing game ..... but it's becoming more and more infrequent in today's NFL. It's a small section of the playbook, whereas once upon a time, it was the norm.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Weeden threw from the shotgun on only 43% of his throws.

A big mistake by Shurmur and his coaching staff last year. Simply put, I think this is not knowing your QB and shoving their offense down his throat rather than adapting to your personnel. An issue beating to death on here. I believe stats were listed on this site about Weeden's numbers under the center vs. the shotgun. I feel like it was better under the shotgun if memory serves me correctly.

This year, we'll see if Weeden can perform in something that may be more suited to his abilities.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Yep, Weeden was much better from the shotgun. The numbers are at the link I posted.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

There is more unity among the fan base then ever before when it comes to staff and talent...I've said enough..............

And well said indeed! While there remain the difference in opinions on the FO, there is noticeable unity when it comes to staff and talent...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Blah blah blah. Shut up and win already. This is my last regime. Period.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Blah blah blah. Shut up and win already. This is my last regime. Period.

I trust that you were 'just clicking'...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
V
Legend
Legend
V
I never said anything about DA and the seam route. I questioned you because you said he couldn't make good throws on the curl and a couple of other stupid things.

Are you one of those people that feel the need to get others to gang up on one person if that person doesn't agree w/you? I never said I scouted for the pros. I really could care less what you freaking believe. Don't read my posts if you think I am such a fraud. At least I'll be spared from reading your character assassinations.

This is another case of switching the argument to a poster rather than the subject at hand. I do think that the new regime is very focused on what they want to get done. I think they will have the fortitude to see the plan through........and that is the biggest difference between them and other regimes. I think the days of blowing things up every couple of years are over. Thank God!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Committed to Building the Right Way

Link Copied to Clipboard