Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Quote:

As the preseason starts to wind down, more and more notable names will be pared from rosters.

The Jaguars released two players with multiple years of NFL starting experience on Monday, letting go of wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi and offensive lineman Jason Spitz, John Oehser of Jaguars.com reported.

Massaquoi, 26, signed with the Jaguars in the spring after four seasons with the Browns. He started 43 games for Cleveland, catching 118 passes for 1,745 yards and seven touchdowns.

The 30-year-old Spitz has 45 career starts, all with the Packers, for whom he played from 2006 through 2010. Spitz appeared in 10 games as a reserve for Jacksonville in 2011. He missed the 2012 season with a foot injury.

Link

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Quote:

The Chiefs were tired of waiting on Jon Baldwin, and the 49ers were tired of waiting on A.J. Jenkins.

So naturally, they traded their problems for one another.

The Chiefs announced the deal of former first-round wide receivers, with the 49ers getting the 26th overall pick in the 2011 Draft for the 30th overall pick in the 2012 Draft.

It was becoming clear that the 49ers were souring on Jenkins of late (he had one catch in the preseason, and fumbled it), and both teams are banking on the fresh start being worth something.

Baldwin was also in the doghouse for his inability to catch the football, which remains one of the prerequisites for his job.

While the new Chiefs administration didn’t draft Baldwin, giving up on Jenkins is a painful admission for the 49ers, and a reminder that in the NFL, smart guys miss too.

Link

N
Legend
Legend
N
MoMass & Robiskie now have been cut by the Jags. And yet, Veikune continues to prove to be a worse pick than either because the Jags wouldn't even sign him!

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Brock Bolen has been cut.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
In other news, Marecic has locked himself in his room and is afraid to come out.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Quote:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/team/1376946392-501-29/browns-release-fullback-brock-bolen.html

how would you feel to be considered worse at your job than Owen Marecic?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Also... Seneca Wallace was released today by the Saints.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
I'm not sure Bolen ever saw the field in the few weeks he was with the team. Can anyone confirm this?

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/team/1376946392-501-29/browns-release-fullback-brock-bolen.html

how would you feel to be considered worse at your job than Owen Marecic?

Suicide?

Legend
Legend
Post deleted by Referee2

D
Legend
Legend
D
Post deleted by Referee2

Legend
Legend
Post deleted by Referee2

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Post deleted by Referee2

Joe Thomas #73
F
All Pro
All Pro
F
Today's transactions

Cardinals Released P Will Batson, C Kyle Quinn and G-C Scott Wedige.
Rats Released CB Chris Johnson.
Bills Released PK Rian Lindell.
Cowboys Waived/injured LB Alex Albright, DT Travis Chappelear and DE Toby Jackson.
Lions Waived LB Cory Greenwood.
Texans Activated WR DeVier Posey from the active/PUP list.
Colts Placed RB Dan Moore on the waived-injured list.
Jags Released WR Mohamed Massaquoi and G-C Jason Spitz.
Chiefs Traded WR Jon Baldwin to San Francisco for WR A.J. Jenkins.
Vikings Released CB Jacob Lacey.
Pats Reached an injury settlement with TE Brandon Ford. Released LB A.J. Edds, OL R.J. Mattes and DL Scott Vallone.
Chargers Placed WR Danario Alexander on the waived-injured list.
Titans Activated TE Delanie Walker from the PUP list.

web page

And the next head coach is ......
M
Legend
Legend
M
Post deleted by Referee2

F
All Pro
All Pro
F
web page

Patrick Crayton, Steve Breaston released by Saints

By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League Editor
Published: Aug. 19, 2013 at 05:33 p.m.
Updated: Aug. 19, 2013 at 05:41 p.m.

In the wake of Joe Morgan's ACL tear, the New Orleans Saints decided to sign two veteran wide receivers: Steve Breaston and Patrick Crayton. Both players didn't last long.

The team officially cut both receivers on Monday after taking a longer look at them in the second preseason week.

Consider this move a vote of confidence for young Saints receivers Kenny Stills and Nick Toon. Still looks like the favorite for the No. 3 receiver role vacated by Morgan. If the Saints want to bring a veteran in later, Devery Henderson is available.

And the next head coach is ......
N
Legend
Legend
N
Post deleted by Referee2

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
For them to cut him right now it must have meant he was just AWFUL. It wasn't like they had a plethora of backup QBs either. Pretty sad.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

For them to cut him right now it must have meant he was just AWFUL. It wasn't like they had a plethora of backup QBs either. Pretty sad.

The best I can tell is that it is a Twitter rumor that Fred Greetham retweeted.

#gmstrong
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Again, we haven't seen a definitive link saying McCoy, Anderson, or Cribbs have been cut.

Legend
Legend
All I've found is twitter stuff ... but I realize it can't be posted.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Browns could sign them all back! Momass too!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Post deleted by Referee2

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

Quote:

The best I can tell is that it is a Twitter rumor that Fred Greetham retweeted.

He confirmed that it was just a rumor at the moment. I did find this on Cribbs though...sounds like he's not impressing much.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/josh-cribbs-thin-ice

D
Rookie
Rookie
D
I have heard that Colt Mccoy is not too impressive at 49ers camp. Not surprised, I thought he was a little out of his element trying to back up a super bowl contender.

V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
I see Richard Marshall was cut by Miami. Could he be a guy we would look at ?

http://www.nfl.com/player/richardmarshall/2495894/profile

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
I don't know if we will sign him, but the Dolphins paid him $5 million to not make the team. That tells me he was probably horrible.

D
Legend
Legend
D
+ 1, that is a bad sign.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I have heard that Colt Mccoy is not too impressive at 49ers camp. Not surprised, I thought he was a little out of his element trying to back up a super bowl contender.

That's probably true, but where did you hear it?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
I actually went to the Niner's message boards and their 4th string QB, who they originally planned to look at as a RB or receiver, (from what I have read, but I can't remember which) is outplaying both McCoy and Tolzien. (Daniels, who went 6-9 for 72 yards and a TD in their game against the Chefs)

I have watched more pre-season football this season than ever before thanks to the NFL Network playing the games seemingly around the clock. I have seen McCoy play in both games, and have been less impressed with him in Frisco than I was when he played here. He seems to be struggling reading even the basic covers in pre-season. (as does Tolzien) We would be in immense trouble if he was still our QB. He really seems to lack any presence in the pocket, and his accuracy is really unimpressive. It almost seems as though he has regressed. That's a shame, because I do respect a lot about McCoy. I think that he's a legitimately good guy. I just don't like his ability to play football.

Oh well, that's the past. Hopefully Weeden can continue to grow and build on what he's started doing this pre-season, and can become a top tier QB.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
BJ Daniels was maddening at South Florida. He'd do some good things, but more often than not he'd just blow an easy throw when they needed it. It seemed like he was there forever. Honestly, of the guys they have there I'd probably take McCoy, but I haven't gotten the opportunity to watch the games for SF that you have this year.

Legend
Legend
Who are Miami's CBs? I know they drafted the kid out of Boise if I'm not mistaken.

Legend
Legend
He's been .... well, for lack of a better word .... skittish. He hasn't hung in the pocket, He's gone 6-13 for 76 yards, with 0 TD and 2 INT (and one injury) thus far, and has run the ball 5 times for 36 yards. He's been sacked once or twice. He's looked more comfortable running than he has hanging in the pocket looking for a receiver down the field. He gets a little pressure, and he's out of there. His eyes seem to immediately come off the field, and he starts looking more as a runner than remaining in QB more, trying to find a receiver.

I haven't been impressed with him, but I also haven't been impressed with Tolzien either. (though he did have a decent game against Denver ..... though 26 pass attempts for 158 yards is quite underwhelming)

I would venture a guess that the Niners are screwed if Kaepernick gets hurt no matter which guy wins their backup QB job.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
So basically, he plays the same as he did here in 2011.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Who are Miami's CBs? I know they drafted the kid out of Boise if I'm not mistaken.

the also stole Brent Grimes from us (though I'm not sure if he's going to be back for week1? is he playing now?)

oh, they also have Dmitrii Patterson who is now the starter according to their depth chart if Marshall is gone:

http://www.miamidolphins.com/team/depth-chart.html

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Grimes is starting for the Dolphins in the pre-season, and he looks healthy and ready to go from what I have seen.

Legend
Legend
so basically Dmitri Patterson is better than Marshall ... yeah, no thanks on him.

I wish we had Grimes though.

YTownBrownsFan #806523 08/21/13 02:22 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
Quote:

I have seen McCoy play in both games, and have been less impressed with him in Frisco than I was when he played here. He seems to be struggling reading even the basic covers in pre-season.

How Shurmur ever get the rep of a good QB coach is beyond me. Colt actually looked promising with Daboll n Mangini...those two even were praised by Holmgren in the handling of the rookie while getting fired. Then came the NEW REGIME COACHES - Colt Digressed with each and every game. He looked good coming into the first preseason game if all remember there was no coaching. Colt pretty much had the play book and was working with the offense. I remember they used all the plays that Colt was familiar with...And the O looked great all be it a couple of series against the starting Packers. From there it slowly went downhill as Shurmur n staff took over since the lockout thingy was over.

The handling of Weeden was sickening. Its still beyond me to have a rookie QB Start who is uncomfortable under center. Then have said rookie take more snaps under center than any NFL QB. That is the obvious but other things observed was pretty bad. Sorry to bring up old stuff but of course old players (not too old) are being brought up to possibly be or are cut. I'm sure we will look at any 28 and under Interior OL w/starting experience. We might wait till last cuts?

JMHO - The kid Bolen was cut I guess due to the emergence of Ogb being a pretty good FB.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Grimes is starting for the Dolphins in the pre-season, and he looks healthy and ready to go from what I have seen.

thanks.

so, Weeden's first test will be to figure out whether to throw it to the guy covered by Grimes or the guy covered by Patterson.

#gmstrong
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Camp cuts (and other camp moves)

Link Copied to Clipboard