Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Fraud!!

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I feel really bad for Cribbs, but about now, this is making Banner, Lombardi and the coaching staff here look pretty smart.

Yeah, watching Phil Dawson kick that 50 yard FG yesterday certainly made me think of how smart Banner and Lombardi are......

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Post deleted by Referee2

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

j/c

RB Joe McKnight just cut by the Jets

I kind of liked watching Cook. TO be blunt, I hope he gets extended playing time this preseason finale to get to see him better. Not really got to see much of him before and after resigning him.

Redskins axe Donte Stallworth. What team will take him next I wonder? Always seems someone does.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000...ington-redskins

Legend
Legend
From clevelandbrowns.com

The Browns have waived DB Vernon Kearney, DL Dave Kruger, WR Cordell Roberson and LB Tommy Smith.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I feel really bad for Cribbs, but about now, this is making Banner, Lombardi and the coaching staff here look pretty smart.

Yeah, watching Phil Dawson kick that 50 yard FG yesterday certainly made me think of how smart Banner and Lombardi are......

Man I hated seeing Phil go.. I really did. But I also understand it. We are a little ways (or a long ways, depending on who you speak to) away from being a contender. Will Phil still be good by then? couple that with the cost and you can easily see why they let him leave.

Still, of all the people that left us, I'd have preferred to retain Phil.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Legend
Legend
D
Sorry Paul, but your brother was tangled in a mess with quality DL. No chance really, hopefully he gets picked up by someone else.

Legend
Legend
I really respected the way Stallworth handled that whole unfortunate accident he had. He was drunk, but the guy he hit was crossing the road illegally, and from what I read from reputable sources, a sober driver probably still have hit the guy.

He took responsibility, and was remorseful from the first day, and I can respect that. He made an enormous mistake, but he didn't try to hide it, and he paid his debt, both to the family of the guy he hit, and to society, without complaint.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

We are a little ways (or a long ways, depending on who you speak to) away from being a contender. Will Phil still be good by then? couple that with the cost and you can easily see why they let him leave.

This is the argument that sends me up a wall. If Joe Thomas was up for contract renewal would you let him go because we won't be "good" for a few years? The answer is a resounding "NO". He's one of the reasons we will be good. Plus, we had (and still have) plenty of cap room to sign a guy that can win us a game from 50 yards away (from the end zone) in December on the lake.

Banner and Lombardi have made some good moves. This wasn't one of them.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Jets are signing anybody who resembles a football player at this point.

So you're saying they won't go after Colt McCoy?

Ahhhh..........now I get why you are so offended if anyone criticizes Weeden. You must have made a stand last year in the Weeden/McCoy debate on this particular board last year and God forbid............you were wrong.

1. I criticize Weeden plenty. My criticisms just happened to be warranted, while yours seems to be about 'being right'

2. There was a McCoy/Weeden debate? Pretty sure that debate was over the minute Goodell said "The Cleveland Browns select Brandon Weeden"

3. Even if there was a debate and I chose the side of Weeden, I sure wouldn't be wrong. If you're telling me you'd take Colt McCoy over Weeden, you're losing a lot of credibility with me with that statement.

V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000233304/article/roster-cuts-for-all-32-nfl-teams

The NFL website has a lot of cuts not mentioned here. I remember Bruce Campbell when he was drafted. I thought he was pretty highly thought of at the time but I see he hasn't stuck any where. What is his deal injuries or just not that good?

And it seems Arz. cut Dan Carpenter. I thought they just signed him last week. Wonder what that is all about. I thought he was a pretty good kicker last year or the one before.

Last edited by vadawgfan07; 08/26/13 11:30 AM.
Legend
Legend
We've cut 4 players so far according to your link:

Cleveland Browns
DB Vernon Kearney, DL Dave Kruger, WR Cordell Roberson, LB Tommy Smith

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
Bruce Campbell had an awesome combine after being thought of as a mid-round player. Because of that, a lot of smarty-pants talking heads said the Raiders were going to draft him in the first round. The Raiders did draft him... in the 4th round (IIRC.) Either way, he was seen as an elite athlete whose size governed he play on the line, but was never consensus considered a sure thing as a football talent.

Legend
Legend
Post deleted by Referee2

Legend
Legend
Post deleted by Referee2

Last edited by Referee2; 08/26/13 03:33 PM.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I remember Bruce Campbell when he was drafted. I thought he was pretty highly thought of at the time but I see he hasn't stuck any where. What is his deal injuries or just not that good?

I think it was age, more than anything else-

...just sayin'

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
N
Legend
Legend
N
Post deleted by Referee2

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
dang... i was hoping

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Yeah, how dare anyone question the great Johnny Adams?

Somewhat disappointing to see him get cut this early. Your small school crush Campbell didn't get very far too. Both probably because of lack of size.

Another prospect I pimped hard and that inexplicably slid in the draft was WR Q.Patton, who's getting a ton of props with the 49ers right now. It'll be interesting to compare his career to McFadden's and whoever we're going to draft with that Steeler's 3rd next draft, as he was up there on my board at the time of those picks.

Anyway, the names that could interest the Browns at this stage are G/T Harewood (BAL), G Dombrowski (both spot starters and the latter played under Turner his entire career, fwiw) and G Peterman (DET) , who was a below AVG starter the past 7 years in this league. I'd also be interested in CB D.Fletcher from the Jets

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Legend
Legend
Roberson still confused the heck out of me. In 3 games he had 4 catches for 79 yards. I thought he looked like he had more potential than most of the other young receivers, so for him to be the 1st to go is a little confusing. I know that he had issues with some of the shorter routes, but he seemed to have a great attitude, and was a hard worker from what I have read.

Weird that he would go before guys like Edwards, Gurley, and Roosevelt, (who I didn't even know was on the team) who showed far less than Roberson did.

Maybe they're trying to cut him early to sneak him through to the practice squad ..... or maybe they just don't think that he can develop the skills necessary to work inside? Who knows?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

We are a little ways (or a long ways, depending on who you speak to) away from being a contender. Will Phil still be good by then? couple that with the cost and you can easily see why they let him leave.

This is the argument that sends me up a wall. If Joe Thomas was up for contract renewal would you let him go because we won't be "good" for a few years? The answer is a resounding "NO". He's one of the reasons we will be good. Plus, we had (and still have) plenty of cap room to sign a guy that can win us a game from 50 yards away (from the end zone) in December on the lake.

Banner and Lombardi have made some good moves. This wasn't one of them.

I wouldn't let Thomas go,, He'll be 30 years old in December of 2014, one month later and Dawson will be 11 years older. You are comparing apples and oranges..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The fact that we're bickering about a Kicker tells you all you need to know about the success of the Browns over the past 13 years.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

The fact that we're bickering about a Kicker tells you all you need to know about the success of the Browns over the past 13 years.

We weren't bickering over a kicker we were discussing how well Banner and Lombardi do their jobs. Try and keep up will ya

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Norwood cut.

Quote:

The Browns have waived wide receiver Jordan Norwood, a league source told the Beacon Journal today, speaking on condition of anonymity because the team has yet to announce to the move.

Norwood, who spent the past three seasons with the Browns, had a strong start to training camp this summer, but a nagging hamstring injury sidelined him for several practices and two preseason games. Norwood, 26, returned to practice Thursday but sat out Saturday during the third exhibition game against the Indianapolis Colts. He played in the preseason opener Aug. 8, catching one pass for 9 yards.

The 5-foot-11, 180-pound Norwood compiled 13 catches for 137 yards in two games last season. He suffered a foot injury Oct. 7 against the New York Giants that sidelined him for the rest of the season.

In 2011, Norwood started four of the 14 games in which he appeared for the Browns. He tallied 23 catches for 268 yards and one touchdown.

Former Browns General Manager Tom Heckert brought Norwood to Cleveland in 2010 as a practice-squad player. He was on the active roster for five games but did not play that season. Norwood spent the 2009 season with the Philadelphia Eagles, appearing in one game.

All NFL teams are required to trim their rosters to a maximum of 75 players before 4 p.m. Tuesday and a maximum of 53 players before 6 p.m. Saturday. With Norwood's departure, the Browns have 83 players.

Link

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I remember Bruce Campbell when he was drafted. I thought he was pretty highly thought of at the time but I see he hasn't stuck any where. What is his deal injuries or just not that good?

I think it was age, more than anything else-

...just sayin'

Thank you, dawg

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Wow, didn't see that coming

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Wow, didn't see that coming

Me either.

I really thought that Norwood was going to be a great receiver in the WCO, but injuries kept biting him. I thought that he might have a chance as a 3rd down/special teams type this year, but again, injuries bit him.

I am actually stunned that these guys are being dumped before some of the real nobodies on the roster. They must want to get a better look at the guys they don't know over the last few days before the next cut down date.

I suppose that they could also be doing him a favor, in giving him a chance to draw the attention of the league before the big names (potentially) hit the cut lists. His name could stand out for a team looking for receivers more now than on the final cuts.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Norwood is a poor man's Bess.

Legend
Legend
I still think that he'll be a good slot guy got a team, if he can stay healthy. Unfortunately, that's been his biggest problem. He's been productive, when he can get on the field.

I was a big fan of his from way back, and seem to recall that Django was also. Oh well, just shows that you can't win a job from the trainer's room.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Bye Jordan. Easily would have outbeat Cooper if only you could have stayed healthy (the story of camp these days)

Legend
Legend
So... how is Nelson still on the roster?

D
Legend
Legend
D
Probably due to his physical stature/upside, and the fact that he signed a cheapy one year deal. He is practicing but if he cuts and tweaks his knee again, he is another one of the guys on a tight bubble.

Besides, he was brought in knowing he was injured/risk.

Legend
Legend
Browns Place RB Lewis On Season-Ending IR

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Browns Place RB Lewis On Season-Ending IR

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com

Color me surprised. I thought, for certain, that at the least he would be on the IR-to-Return list.

Browns is the Browns

D
Legend
Legend
D
Braylon axed by the Jets:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000...after-one-month

You know you're crappy when you get axed by that organization haha... just sayin'.

Legend
Legend
Bummer. Good luck to him.

Legend
Legend
If that doesn't crush his ego and make him wake up, nothing will.

Wait, there's still Jax, right?

Browns is the Browns

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Wait, there's still Jax, right?

you mean JAX could sign-n-waive Robiskie, MoMass, and Braylon?

make.it.happen

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

If that doesn't crush his ego and make him wake up, nothing will.

FWIW, my money's on 'nothing.'

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Camp cuts (and other camp moves)

Link Copied to Clipboard