Rambo Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
R
Here we go again.

http://nfltraderumors.co/report-browns-hc-rob-chudzinski-future-doubt/

Report: Browns HC Rob Chudzinski’s Future In Doubt

Tony Grossi of ESPN Cleveland reports that there are some “bad vibes” indicating uncertainty about the future of Browns HC Rob Chudzinski.

Chris Mortensen adds that there is some “turmoil and unhappiness” with how the Browns folded in the second half of season.

The news that Chudzinski could be on the hot seat is a little surprising given that expectations for the Browns this season were limited and some players like WR Josh Gordon and TE Cameron Jordan were able to put together breakout seasons.
That still doesn’t change the fact that Cleveland currently has a 4-11 under Chudzinski and appears to be a lock for a top-ten draft pick in 2014.

It’s worth noting that the Browns top choice for the job was Chip Kelly and they also interviewed Penn State HC Bill O’Brien for the job as well. The Browns have some solid in-house candidates as well including DC Ray Horton and OC Norv Turner.
We’ll have more regarding this topic as the news is available.

Legend
Legend
lol!

Only in Cleveland. ::smh::

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
I don't know if I can continue with this team if we start firing coaches after only 1 year now.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
My first question is that who in the FO is "floating" this rumor? Because these two guys didn't make this up out of thin air. Somebody gave them a tip.

Is someone in the FO trying to cover their butt? Does somebody have an axe to grind? No doubt the coaching staff shares some of the blame for this year's record. But they can only play the players they are given and they can't really control the effort level (or lack thereof) that has been displayed in the last 3 weeks or so.

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
Legend
Legend
Post deleted by Referee2

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
E
Legend
Legend
E
jc

I think it would be a mistake to get rid of him after only 1 season. Give this team a chance, don't blow it up again.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
I will be extremely ......... mad ...... if we fire a young head coach with a team that lacks talent after 1 freakin' year.

Good lord ...... this is an improvement.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
FWIW

I like Chud,

however

3 consecutive games with 4th quarter collapses are on his resume

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I will be extremely ......... mad ...... if we fire a young head coach with a team that lacks talent after 1 freakin' year.

Good lord ...... this is an improvement.

exactly. sorry but this is a stupid rumor.

and if it ends up being true, thats even worse. they installed 2 whole systems this year, chud and the coaches certainly deserve 2 more years at least.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Let me add that if they fire Chud after one year I'm done as a Browns fan. I cannot and will not support an organization that can't find it's own ass with both hands and a road map.....

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Post deleted by Referee2

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
It's not a stupid rumor because the Browns announce only players will be available to the media tomorrow, not Chud

Legend
Legend
If we hire McDaniels I'll be extremely distraught

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Wow... Really...... Just wow....

<><

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

If we hire McDaniels I'll be extremely distraught

Ditto.

I don't think this story can be true but soooo many news outlets are reporting it.....

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Post deleted by Referee2

Legend
Legend
What a joke we'd be if we fire our new head coach after 1 year .... because we "couldn't hire who we wanted".

The Browns fired head coaches every couple of years for years ....... and that has to play into a potential head coach's consideration of coming here. This front office was going to be different ...... and I think even then they still struggled selling potential candidates that they will be allowed to put their program in place without worrying about being fired 2 years down the road, as has become our pattern.

If we fire Chud after only 1 year, we'll be an incredible joke. Who will trust that they will get any opportunity to work the kinks out of their program ..... especially if they don't have their QB in the 1st year?

Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers: 2013 NFL Megablog | cleveland.com
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/12/cleveland_browns_at_pittsburgh_3.html

12:43 p.m.: Dan Pompei, a veteran NFL writer now working for Bleacher Report, has an interesting take on the status of Browns head coach Rob Chudzinski.

"No one is talking about the Browns making a head-coaching change, but if they do it won't surprise some people around the league. The reason is not that Rob Chudzinski has done a poor job, though. It's that the Browns didn't get who they wanted a year ago. The new Browns management team went after Chip Kelly, Jon Gruden and Nick Saban last off-season and might be inclined to make another pitch for a big name. ... Another interesting point: Money is not an issue to team owner Jimmy Haslam, so having to pay off the last three years of Chudzinski's contract probably would not deter him from making a move."

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
this team is playing with no emotion. that falls on the head coach. he should have had these guys foaming at the mouth to beat the Steelers. the only one trying is Edwin Baker.

good riddance if its true, if not Chud you got some serious work to do in your coaching style.

#brownsgoodkarma
Legend
Legend
Ytown....i really hope none of that is true man. seriously.

that would just....suck.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Damn. At least in my experience when Clayton reports on something it usually comes true. Hopefully he's wrong.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend
I think that they are playing hard, but I think that poor QB play is really sabotaging the team.

Legend
Legend
Why would a coach ever want to come here?

You get a roster that has 4th place talent and are expected to finish 1st or 2nd....and if you don't, you get fired in 1-2 years.

If I'm a guy looking for a job, I'm not going there.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Lombardi and Banner is the worst front office ever hired here in Cleveland. Now it looks like they are making the coach a scap goat for how inept their offseason was!!!!

Legend
Legend
Quote:

You get a roster that has 4th place talent and are expected to finish 1st or 2nd....and if you don't, you get fired in 1-2 years.

Yep. Especially if you are looking for your 1st head coach position. Why ruin your future by coming to the ultimately dysfunctional team? Bust ass with your current position, and try for a better spot next year. Why go somewhere that can ruin your career for life?

Legend
Legend
I want to throw up if this is true.

I will say, if they do fire him, they better have a HUGE name ready to sign. If they miss on the next big guy, goodness, talk about dropping the ball.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
D
Legend
Legend
D

This team makes it so hard to root for if this is true. If this unfolds, I may just cut the noose. You can't play good when you have sucky players. We released Chris Owens, but there is no depth to do any better. Our QB situation of three, the only hope outta that group was destroyed with an injury. The other two have sucked and there is no way any team would do good with that kinda play at QB.

So freaking unreal!

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Lombardi and Banner is the worst front office ever hired here in Cleveland. Now it looks like they are making the coach a scap goat for how inept their offseason was!!!!

Well, let's just see if it comes to fruition. Who knows, with such an outcry of discontent, owners/FO have been known to listen to the fans......

Tackles are tackles.
M
All Pro
All Pro
M
lmao Better to do it now than after he drafts and screws up his QB pick.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Quote:

Yep. Especially if you are looking for your 1st head coach position. Why ruin your future by coming to the ultimately dysfunctional team? Bust ass with your current position, and try for a better spot next year. Why go somewhere that can ruin your career for life?

The Browns will likely have to hire another bottom barrel HC like that twerp Josh McDaniels for example. If this FO couldn't attract and hire a HC they truly wanted the last go around, I have zero confidence they'd be able to get their guy this time.

Not only that, but firing Chud now speaks volumes about the decision making ability or complete lack thereof in this front office.

Let the circus continue!!

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Well, if he is dismissed then who do we bring in? Some reports say McDaniels (OMG BLAH!) or Bill O'Brian (Thought he was getting the Texans Job). I know who we're going to get. It's going to be Gruden.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Well, if he is dismissed then who do we bring in? Some reports say McDaniels (OMG BLAH!) or Bill O'Brian (Thought he was getting the Texans Job). I know who we're going to get. It's going to be Gruden.

Great. Let's go back to the WCO and the 4-3 defense.

That would make sense for this stupid team though.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Well, so many supported the trade rumors of Josh Gordon simply because it would make him mentally tougher. Maybe the same applies to coaches. Who knows, this could be a SOP for the front office.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
This is a pattern with Lombardi and Banner.

Signed Kevin Barnes, David Nelson, Shayne Graghm, and Kellen Davis to free agent contracts and then cut them all.

Thwese 2 should have never been hired they do not know what they are doing!!!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I remember when Banner was hired , I said " really " ... Then when he brought in Lombo i said " no way you throw him in the fans face " .. Thats when I first questioned Haslam as an owner ..

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'm not in favor of the move, but if it is true it would not be based on this years record. Rather I would guess it has to do with what the FO is seeing as far as things like leadership, accountability, etc.. Basically, they would feel he doesn't have the personality traits to be a successful HC......problem with that is they hired him a year ago. Either way you slice it not a good start for the new FO at all.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
Legend
Legend
The report is that since they couldn;t hire the guy they wanted last year, they see Chud as a one year fill in till they can get the guy they really want.

If true, that would be asinine.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

The report is that since they couldn;t hire the guy they wanted last year, they see Chud as a one year fill in till they can get the guy they really want.

me the new boss, same as the old.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
LOL Bud Shaw tweeted that the Browns will hire 2 head coaches and have an open competition in the pre-season.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

What I seeing being reported by folks like Albert Breer, Ian Rapaport etc., is that the FO soured on Chud because of the team's lack of effort and lack of accountability and his indecisiveness in critical moments. Additionally, the second half collapse of the team is also a contributing factor.

Legend
Legend
You could stop with Tony Grossi of ESPN reports

Remember, he guaranteed that former Steelers HC Bill Cowher would be the Browns HC at one point.

He does this to beef up his readership..

But on the off chance it's got legs, I'd going to be ticked off.. you can't build a team while changing Head Coaches every year.

And I don't believe that Banner is that dumb

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 23 24
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Report: Browns HC Rob Chudzinski’s Future In Doubt

Link Copied to Clipboard