Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

If they make a change, after only one year, then they are saying that the head coach is what held this team back.

With $40 million in cap room, and multiple extra draft picks, if they make a change, this team better win 10+ games next year.

And my ass will be sitting here waiting for that before I buy another ticket. Fire Chud? Put a winner on the table, immediately!!! Otherwise Jimmy? You're a southern boy that doesn't know squat about football.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wow.

I wasn't particularly fond of the hiring to begin with, I over reacted a bit at the beginning and even called it stupid on here. But that was a stupid comment.

The guy made some bad decisions, especially on the time management side of things. But overall I think he earned at least more than a year with the hand he was dealt injury/talent wise.

Last edited by Psydeffect; 12/29/13 08:01 PM.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

j/c

This move if true is completely outrageous. What this ownership and management team deserve, and really needs, is zero fans in the seats. Nothing short of total boycott. Until the fans revolt en mass, ownership and management will continue to treat the organization as their own personal ATM machine kept stocked by the "gullible rubes" that comprise its fanbase.

and if the fans disown the team, they'll simply move the team.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Ytown.

the only way we have a shot a winning 10 + is by getting teddy, and praying to god he is 2/3rd of andrew luck his rookie season.

which means, we gonna have to sell the farm + steal somebody else's cows to get him, seeing as houston has officially taken the #1 pick.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

j/c

This move if true is completely outrageous. What this ownership and management team deserve, and really needs, is zero fans in the seats. Nothing short of total boycott. Until the fans revolt en mass, ownership and management will continue to treat the organization as their own personal ATM machine kept stocked by the "gullible rubes" that comprise its fanbase.

That'll be the day. Many problems could be solved by this or something similar. Wont happen though. Too bad too.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

j/c

What team?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

According to Rappaport and some other NFL network guys, this is coming from Haslam because he didn't like the "fire" the team showed down the stretch, thought the adjustments were lacking, and he didn't hold players accountable.

In short, Jiimmy is way too involved if this is true.

Are any of those complaints false? I sure as hell didn't like the fire this team showed. Our "attack" defense sure didn't do much attacking. We got two more sacks this year than last. We gave up 13 more sacks than last year. We spent a hell of a lot of money and a high first draft pick for two extra sacks.
As for holding players accountable, we sure played Mcslowly a lot considering his 2.5 ypc I actually thought perhaps Banner was making them play Willie Slow.
Who knows? I know this team lost one more game than last years team did, so SOMEONE didn't do their job correctly. I know we threw 41 times again today. In Pittsburgh in the weather.

They won't fire Chud. This is just a rumor. No way they would admit making a mistake so early even if it was... Writers have to write something.... when they announce the firing I'll believe it. Until then its BS.

I thought everyone wanted a "hands on" owner? Randy was an absentee owner so a rah rah guy is just what we needed, right? The very first thing I thought when Jimmy was announced as owner? "Wild Bill" Burgess from the movie "Eddie". Trotting out on the court atop a horse with sneakers on and saying "howdy". All hat and no cattle...

All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

If they do flush Chud, good luck finding anyone that wants to coach for this franchise.

Good luck finding fans who will continue to pay to watch this same movie at over full price year after year.
You want to destroy what was once one of the most loyal fan bases in any sport.
Keep "rebuilding" every 1-2 years.

It makes no sense.
The one year we don't have large groups of people screaming for the coaches head.

And the coach who is generally liked. Gets canned during his evaluation year while he is evaluating which talent deserves to be on the field.

He can't make the team play with fire on the D side of the ball.
And only had a couple people play with fire on the O side of the ball.
There is NO leadership ON THE FIELD leading with any fire!
That is something you have or have not.
Kinda like the Baker kid.
FO and Haslam are making a huge mistake if this is infact true.

Seems he did a good job evaluating 4 out of 5 Pro-bowlers.
LAME. LAME . LAME!

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Dark horse candidate for HC...Horton.

Banner has second guessed the decision not to hire him from the start. It also removes some egg from the FO's face in the name of continuity.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

j/c

That'll be the day. Many problems could be solved by this or something similar. Wont happen though. Too bad too.

Remember the paper bag days of the N.O. "Ain'ts"? If they insist on continuing to blow their money on tickets for this worthless POS team, then maybe the fans could all wear clown masks. Really own the "clown" moniker.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

j/c

What team?

Why bother to post if that's how you feel?

#GMSTRONG
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
While I'm not thrilled about Chud as the headcoach after this season, firing him after one season just makes me embarrassed to be a fan of this team. We struck out on all our top choices last year, what makes anybody think the top coaching options this year would want to come to a team that's gone through seven coaches in fourteen years?

Another wasted year watching this "professional" team.

I want the Cleveland Browns to be my pallbearers so they can let me down for the last time.
C
All Pro
All Pro
C
Please don't fire Chud. He was not given the talent to win this year. Of course he made some mistakes, but he should not be fired. I don't want to start all over and bring in all new coaches and schemes. Ridiculous. Let the players spend one training camp refining technique instead of learning a whole new scheme. Let the offense grow together with the starting QB. Weeden won't be back so somebody will get the reps needed to start to build some chemistry. Don't start over again!!!

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
J/c
It seems the people with the so called "agenda" against the new regime may not have been so off base after all.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

that's just racist...

if the Browns fire Chud... I encourage everyone to cancel their season tix. this... is... madness.

Also, I was not a fan of the FO, or Chud... but no one will stay on this team of Chud leaves after 1 season

and the Browns can't move. they have a contract

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Cleveland Browns head coach Rob Chudzinski will be fired, report says

PITTSBURGH -- Browns coach Rob Chudzinski will be fired, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports, per his league sources.

The Browns stood by the statement they issued in the fourth quarter of the 20-7 loss to the Steelers when speculation was rampant.
"Our focus is on the game today,'' the unattributed quote read. "We will not discuss any evaluation of the season until this upcoming week.''
Chudzinski and the Browns finished 4-12 this season, losing their last seven games.
A source said Browns owner Jimmy Haslam was so disgusted during the 20-7 loss to the Steelers that he left with six minutes remaining.
A meeting between the front office and Chudzinski is expected to take place on Monday.

Members of the national media have speculated that the Browns will go after Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, a graduate of Canton-McKinely High and John Carroll University, and Penn State's Bill O'Brien, the former Patriots offensive coordinator.

O'Brien, the frontrunner for the Texans' opening, interviewed for the Browns job last year, but he opted to stay at Penn State. The Browns sought to interview McDaniels for their opening last season, but he wasn't ready to leave New England yet.

A source told cleveland.com last season that McDaniels "would jump at the chance'' to take the Cleveland job when ready to return to the head-coaching ranks. McDaniels also got to know Lombardi through Lombardi's friendship with Bill Belichick.

Chudzinski said after the game that he'd be back "as far as I know'' and that he hadn't heard anything yet. He said speculation about his job "sort of comes with the territory.

Jason LaCanfora of CBS Sports also reported that Lions coach Jim Schwartz would be a candidate if he is fired. Lombardi also was close to Schwartz when they were in Cleveland together. National reports began circulating as early as Friday, from Dan Pompei of Bleacher Report, that the Browns were unhappy with Chudzinski, who was hired after the Browns interviewed at least five other candidates.
The Browns did nothing to put the rumors to rest during the game, but sent out their statement in the fourth quarter. Chudzinski is not scheduled to address the media on Monday. Only players are set to be available. Team spokesman Zak Gilbert said the two issues are not linked and that Chudzinski was scheduled to talk on Tuesday.

Word from national reporters such as Albert Breer of NFL Network was that Chudzinski didn't hold players accountable enough and that he was indecisive in big moments.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ss...ncart_big-photo

Tackles are tackles.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
There was no agenda Lombardi has been terrible for years.

Banner was just carried by Andy Reid.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Banner has second guessed the decision not to hire him from the start. It also removes some egg from the FO's face in the name of continuity.

Agreed. Horton or Turner would be the only way to salvage some continuity.

We must have quite the leaky FO for this story to have so many legs. It isn't a case of everyone quoting the same source as so many of these stories end up being.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So if you're actually a great coach but not close to Lombardi your chances are nil? They talked about Chud being the right choice last year, sure. keep Shurmer if this was the plan all along!

Classy organization...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Aren't these the same guys with the same "sources" that kept insisting we would trade Gordon? That it was a done deal....

When they announce he's fired, then I'll believe he's fired.

And if they do fire him, they BETTER hire a stud head coach. Gruden or Cowher.
The name better WOW us big time.

A
Legend
Legend
A
If this is true, it shows what a schmuck haslem is. To fire a coach after one year?

Maybe Jimmy's daddy oughta fire him for screwing companies out of money they were due. Maybe Jimmy's daddy oughta say "Jimmy, you brought it on yourself....my mony ain't saving you anymore."

Maybe we, as fans, give jimmy one more year before we fire him!

Fire Chud, Jimmy, you have exactly 1 year to put us in the playoffs. Fail - and you're donel

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We both know it wont...

Go Chargers!!!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

There was no agenda Lombardi has been terrible for years.

Banner was just carried by Andy Reid.

And these are the guys we all hope and pray can draft us a franchise quarterback next April. Isn't being a Browns fan FUN? They sure do make it hard to work up any enthusiasm for this team....

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
You cannot hire a coach that bases his offense on an air raid/Air Coryell, not give him a QB and expect him to win.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Might I recommend driving to Berea tomorrow and demanding a meeting with Haslem so you can say what you feel to his face and not just type it online? Take a breath man.

I'll get riled up if it becomes official. What's the worst that could come of it though - it'd just be like pushing around the garbage that's on fire in the dumpster... at the end of the day you still have a dumpster fire.

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
GO ROCKETS
Legend
Legend
Quote:

You cannot hire a coach that bases his offense on an air raid/Air Coryell, not give him a QB and expect him to win.

pat shurmur won more games with less talent.

not really feeling that excuse.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Might I recommend driving to Berea tomorrow and demanding a meeting with Haslem so you can say what you feel to his face and not just type it online? Take a breath man.

I'll get riled up if it becomes official. What's the worst that could come of it though - it'd just be like pushing around the garbage that's on fire in the dumpster... at the end of the day you still have a dumpster fire.

lol what?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This will bring half nekkid cheerleaders and the Brownie Elf logo on the helmet.
I can feel it coming...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

pat shurmur won more games with less talent.

not really feeling that excuse.

and shurmer had more draft picks and a better FO.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

j/c

What team?

Why bother to post if that's how you feel?

To post how I feel, of course. Is it really that difficult to figure out?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

This will bring half nekkid cheerleaders and the Brownie Elf logo on the helmet.
I can feel it coming...

part of the deal in the contract of Haslam purchasing the Browns was that he cannot put a logo on the helmet.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He's a quasi criminal. He cares not about contracts.

It'll happen if he wants to happen.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
This organization is a dumpster fire. Has been for years under different owners, different presidents and GM's, different coaches, different players...

If they make a change at head coach again, what's the worst that could happen?

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
GO ROCKETS
Legend
Legend
yall see that on espn?

its now breaking news.

i really think they are getting rid of Chud.

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
Legend
M
For whatever reason, I can't stop laughing at this whole mess.

Do Mack and Ward wanna re-sign here now and start all over?
How about the guys who hit FA in 2014?

Last edited by MemphisBrownie; 12/29/13 08:47 PM.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
this is BS!!! I'm a little hot right now...

Chud is a good coach.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

You could recommend it, Mr. 5 year plan, 2 years down, 3 to go.

Don't tell me you'd be disappointed, if not upset, if haslem fires the coach................well, maybe......after all, you had a 5 year plan, and 2 of those years are down the drain, right?

D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

yall see that on espn?

its now breaking news.

i really think they are getting rid of Chud.

I am really beginning to think so too...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Laughingstocks on NFL Network. Nothing new I suppose...

Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Report: Browns HC Rob Chudzinski’s Future In Doubt

Link Copied to Clipboard