Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 24 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 23 24
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Obrien is my guess. I'll stick with it. Move happened too quickly to not have someone in place and there's no way they could have tampered with McDumbas.

I'd feel ok with that I guess....just ok though.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

Vers......what's your theory on why they did this? Mine is behind the scenes they felt that Chud just wasn't the guy they thought they were getting......or Haslem went knee jerk Lerner style. My concern is much like Holmgren/Heckert after the Mangini fiasco.....you hired/kept them and that decision was so bad you had to undo it in a year????? Not a good sign at all.

I don't know, Willie. I am not in favor of the move.

The only thing I can think of is that there were a lot of players that quit at the end of the year. Look at teams that won today that should not have. They did not quit. Our guys quit.

Did you watch Gordon today..........the same guy that posters are saying is going to better than Jerry Rice? LOL............he was miserable playing a football game for millions of dollars.

I think the FO is deluding themselves if they think the only problem this team has is the coaching. We have a team full of losers. They make me sick watching them. Did you watch Ward today? It looked like he was going through a walk through. Haden? He sat out. Yeah, the Squeeler game means a lot to him.

However, it has been reported that there were quite a few players complaining about the coaching in recent weeks. Well, the primma donnas got their way.

These stiffs have won:

5 games
5 games
4 games
5 games
and
4 games in the last five years.

That is under 3 different head coaches and multiple coordinators.

Yeah, it's all on the coaches.

Sorry Willy.............not sure I really answered your question. I am disgusted. I'm disgusted w/the FO. I am disgusted w/the season. And I got even more disgusted coming on here and reading the crap from certain posters who are actually happy this happening, just so they can spew their venom.

But yeah............this is probably a Haslam thing. He promised us continuity and he isn't delivering. Very disappointing.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Bold prediction:

Thomas asks for a trade and doesn't report to camp until he gets it.

Word is he is pissed.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Quote:

Quote:

Dont worry vers I wont be coming around to often other than to say hi to a few folks on here but I am done as a Browns fan. to hell with Banner and Lombardi.

That really sucks. I hope you re-consider it, as bad and hilariously hypocritical as this situation is. Always respected your opinions, evaluations and loved your optimism on everything Browns. You'd be a huge loss to this board and I'm sure I'm not alone thinking that.
That said, I probably will visit less too, though I will still give this next draft a last go, but next season? Meh, new QB, new HC, new OC, new system, same BS while wasting a prime year of half a dozen PBowlers. Just feels incredibly hopeless.

Agreed DJango. Like you I will always be a Browns fan, but I may not post here as often as i used to...I think were both just burntout on losing.....besides, im sure us both being a little less invested will probably help both of our blood pressures! LOL

Seriously though Django, I always liked your insights, I didn't always agree, but I always learned something from them or took away another perspective, so I thank you for that!

hopefully next season will be better.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Did you go and enjoy the game ?

I did.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Bold prediction:

Word is he is pissed.

Maybe he can take the FO on duck hunt!

All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

Quote:

Bold prediction:

Word is he is pissed.

Maybe he can take the FO on duck hunt!

Maybe they can bring Dick Cheney along?

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

The only thing I can think of is that there were a lot of players that quit at the end of the year.

maybe they knew Vers... and their crappy play was a way to tell the FO to FO

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Did you watch Gordon today..........the same guy that posters are saying is going to better than Jerry Rice? LOL............he was miserable playing a football game for millions of dollars.

Gordon got intravenous injections before the game for a stomach ailment.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
You are not one of the ones I want to leave.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Cheney wasn't at fault there but that's another thread...

All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

Cheney wasn't at fault there but that's another thread...

It was still funny...." party" pooper.

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Did he get them last week and the week before that, too?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

You are not one of the ones I want to leave.

Me neither buddy. This FO is surely putting their junk on the chopping block.
They have to (or better) have something up their sleeve or they prove to be as dumb as we think they are.

Maybe they'll fool us?

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Be careful what you wish for . . . they are looking to put a team in L.A.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
thinking about it for a second... Banner is such a snake in the grass that he probably put Chud in as a lame duck 1 year coach stacked his picks, stacked his cap and hoped to get a premium coach next year.

From what I've been reading on other sites... a lot of players are livid.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Mourg is one of my top five follows on here.

But I think what is happening to this board is a microcosm of what will continue to happen to this fanbase until the Browns become winners again ...dissenting and dissolving.

If we are double digit losers again next year, I would expect Haslam to sell or move the team ...because there won't be very many fans left.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

they can't they have a contract

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

and the league already hates us.

V
Legend
Legend
V
This snake in the grass crap is just that............crap.

He needs to build a winner here. If he doesn't, he will be gone.

Say what you will, but he managed the cap in Philly well enough to keep them a contending team for a long, long time.

Banner isn't the guy who concerns me.

All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

Mourg is one of my top five follows on here.

But I think what is happening to this board is a microcosm of what will continue to happen to this fanbase until the Browns become winners again ...dissenting and dissolving.

If we are double digit losers again next year, I would expect Haslam to sell or move the team ...because there won't be very many fans left.

Wondering if that is part of the plan?
How does Cleveland compare to bigger markets that want a team as far as revenues, that could possibly be earned elsewhere if you quiet the vocal Browns fans who will riot if you move the team. AGAIN.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I hear you, but you guys do realize that there are a ton of die-hard fans that wouldn't ever dream of posting on line, right?

I tell some of my friends the things that are said on here and their response is...............well, I can't say what they call you guys..........

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

they can't they have a contract

Said no one ever to a team wanting to leave.

Contract mean nothing... they can always be worked out.

Tackles are tackles.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Great, how long before we trade all our picks to the Rams?

Stupid is as stupid does.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Lets put moving to rest.

They cannot move this team anywhere for a long time.

Please stop.

[Linked Image from i442.photobucket.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Say what you will, but he managed the cap in Philly well enough to keep them a contending team for a long, long time.

With all he has said he is in pretty deep! They MUST produce or no doubt will be thrown upon the altar of Browns FO failures.

I'm hoping it works out. Don't like him but I'd rather win than start over.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Did he get them last week and the week before that, too?

You're being brutal man, really. Did you see who was throwing to him and how it was being done? Nevermind, I know you did.

Just like the energy got sucked out of this team when Hoyer went down, extended periods of lame QB'ing can do the same I suppose.

I don't condone quitting at any level for any reason. But I can understand that at a certain point it all can seem fruitless and void when you realize you don't have a chance in hell of competing.

We're all human. Even players.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Geez, the only reason I'm still up is because I thought we'd get some reports on coaching candidates. I mean we knew about Banner and Lombardi MONTHS in advance. We could at least get a few days head start on the new guy, huh???

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2013/12/29...after-1-season/

Ward DQ Thomas and Cameron comments

That’s ridiculous,” linebacker D’Qwell Jackson said. “Chud is going to be here for a long as he wants to. He’s a great head coach. That’s not going to happen.”

Pro Bowl left tackle Joe Thomas, who has now played for 4 different head coaches in 7 years, didn’t even want to entertain the thought.

“I’m not going to speculate on what would happen if this or that would happen,” Thomas said. “I’d be very surprised if they made a change and I’d be disappointed.”

“I think he’s has done a good job,” Thomas said. “If you fired coaches after one bad season, it’s not like we won the Superbowl last year… We had tremendous changes philosophy wise, offense, defense, so many different players we brought in, traded away a lot of draft picks in the spring looking forward to the future to build a consistent winner.

“To get that consistent winning is by having consistency in the coaching staff and the philosophy of management.”

Consistency and winning are the 2 things that continue to elude the franchise since 1999.

“That’s absurd to me that a report would be out about a good coach like that,” Jackson said. “That’s crazy. That pisses me off in a sense.”

Tight end Jordan Cameron will believe it when he see’s it.

“I don’t believe in that stuff. It’s just rumors,” Cameron said. “Josh Gordon wasn’t supposed to be here. I was supposed to be gone. I don’t believe that stuff until I see it. I think coach Chud is awesome. He does a great job. I believe in him 100-percent. He’s got all the attributes a coach needs. He’s a fighter. He’s resilient.

“We believe in him. I believe in him. I’d be upset if that happened.”

Nothing surprises me,” safety T.J. Ward said. “I’ve been through 3 coaches…I’d be surprised. It’s only been 1 year.”

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
I don't think they are trying to move the team.

They are still selling out the staduim, Browns apparell sells well, and why would Jimmy invest all that money in remodeling and renovations if he was going to move the team? I don't think thats the case at all.

As for Chud's firing, I think there was some disagreements going on behind closed doors we may not know about.....its not out of the realm of possibility that Chud and the FO clashed on some issues and perhaps they just couldn't come to an agreement on those clashes and they FO decided to part ways and move on...I don't like it, but we don't really know what was going on there. We know Andy Reid and Banner didn't exactly get along in Philly, perhaps something similar happened here between Chud and Banner or Chud and Lombardi perhaps?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I feel bad for the players

V
Legend
Legend
V
I love you, bro...........but, I ain't buying it.

I always played the game as hard as I could. I taught my players to do the same thing. I taught my own children to do the same thing.

My daughter was captain of her basketball team. At the awards ceremony, she said "my dad taught me to play each play like it was my last play, and that is what I did..." Well bro, I got that from Floyd Little long ago.

You wanna excuse these pieces of crap, go ahead. They freaking quit and I can not excuse that in any shape or manner. We need a culture change w/this team. And until we change this culture, the draft is going to be a more popular topic than the playoffs.
I

All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

Geez, the only reason I'm still up is because I thought we'd get some reports on coaching candidates. I mean we knew about Banner and Lombardi MONTHS in advance. We could at least get a few days head start on the new guy, huh???

Ha! I was thinking lets hear something good.
But this will end with a dull press conference thud tomorrow.
Hopefully Joe T comes in and blasts anybody in the FO in the chops.
Then I can be proud again. If only for a few moments.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Well just who the hell DOES concern you???????? We just fired a first year head coach because/////////// he had not quarter back? NO Freaking running game, and our D lost 3-4 games?

Who the hell concerns you???????????

Haslem should
Banner should
Lombardi should.

Period.

Sorry, this ain't Pilot/Flying J where the owner can plead ignorance........or, IF he pleads ignorance, his ass ought to be run out of town ASAP.

You don't just jack people around after 1 year.

What do we have for next year? A lot of draft picks, a number of free agents that sure as hell won't want to re-sign here, and a new head coach. Yet ANOTHER offense.........possibly defense..........with no quarterback, or running game.

This ain't truck stop business. Anybody can run a freaking truck stop business their daddy built........especially when you screw your customers out of money.

Oh, wait - screwing customers out of money. Hmmmmmmmm think about it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Well, It's my opinion that Banner is a snake in the grass. thank you for belittling my opinion.

IMO He bean counted and Reid kept them in contention. He didn't really run the show.

it is also probably the reason why CK decided against the Browns. I don't see any positives in firing Chud. We are already the laughing out of the NFL and players in college pray not to go to the Browns.

This carousel needs to stop. Wasn't it Bummer that brought in Chud and preached consistency?

All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

I don't think they are trying to move the team.

They are still selling out the staduim, Browns apparell sells well, and why would Jimmy invest all that money in remodeling and renovations if he was going to move the team? I don't think thats the case at all.

As for Chud's firing, I think there was some disagreements going on behind closed doors we may not know about.....its not out of the realm of possibility that Chud and the FO clashed on some issues and perhaps they just couldn't come to an agreement on those clashes and they FO decided to part ways and move on...I don't like it, but we don't really know what was going on there. We know Andy Reid and Banner didn't exactly get along in Philly, perhaps something similar happened here between Chud and Banner or Chud and Lombardi perhaps?

True I am just very hot headed right now.
It is the same book.
I keep throwing it out the window.
And it keeps landing on my nightstand.
I thought maybe I heard somewhere that this FO knew we were having those recurring nightmares. And were here to "fix it".

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

Now it seems that less than a year after Joe Banner told the fans that he had his eye on Chudzinski for years, he decides he’s not worthy.

After Jimmy ripping people off on rebates/commiting mass fraud, it doesn't surprise me that he hired another backstabber in Banner. afterall, should we have expected less from someone with Jimmy's character? LOL!

Your statements are pathetic.

For the record, I'm not going to say whether I think that he should have been fired or not. But, on the face of it, the Browns had Chudzinski, a first time HC, as their primary guy. They got for him a respected OC and a respected DC. Collectively, they blew it and didn't get the job done. Will Norv Turner and Ray Horton (et al) be following him out the door? Probably so.

You may not like it, but going 4-12 with that much help around you isn't likely to make your boss happy if your an NFL HC.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I'm pretty sure Haslam is the snake in the grass on the firing of Chud.

Banner is going to back Haslam, but this came from the top...the very top.

V
Legend
Legend
V
This sounds like a move made by Haslam to me. And that does concern me. He is the one who said we would have continuity. One year and we blow it up. Pffftttttttttt

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
I liked the Chud / Turner / Horton combo a lot. I would have been happy to keep it in place for 10 years. I also happen to believe coaching isn't that important...so really only tangentially do I care who is coaching. The only thing I want is a coach who treats the players with respect (basically not in the Mangini/Parcells ilk).

I loved Chud, thought this was a really good coaching staff, would have kept it in place for a decade. I also don't give two bits if it is broken up though, the replacements will be fine. It does bother me that the FO disagrees and did not hold true to their statements of consistency...But in the long run it won't really matter if they fire him as long as the replacement is at least average.

Get a QB. I do not care what happens besides that in the slightest. QB is 80% of the game. I don't particularly care how they handle the remaining 20%.

Page 9 of 24 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 23 24
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Report: Browns HC Rob Chudzinski’s Future In Doubt

Link Copied to Clipboard