Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 24 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 23 24
Legend
Legend
Banner just talked about teams making the playoffs last year that didn't the year before. My question is this ........ is he willing to put his job on the line if the Browns don't make the playoffs next season?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

It's funny that Jimmy is saying one thing and Banner says the exact opposite.

I don't see Lombo

chann 19 just blasted them LMAO

What did they say?

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Boom. There's some questions from the non-sport-mouthpiece guy. Called them the 3 Stooges. lol

Crowded elevators smell different to short people...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
hahahaha Jimmy won't admit that he is wrong... nor will Banner

they won't even apologize

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

Boom. There's some questions from the non-sport-mouthpiece guy. Called them the 3 Stooges. lol

Was great - Haslam looked pissed (good), then gave a smirk (not good, he doesn't get it). He's no better than the weasel is.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

They have both said that the got the coaching decision wrong on multiple occasions during this press conference. They have said that verbatium.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

It's funny that Jimmy is saying one thing and Banner says the exact opposite.

I don't see Lombo

chann 19 just blasted them LMAO

What did they say?

Jimmy said we need 3 years to get more talent to win and the draft sucked last year

Banner said paraphrased basically that we should have been in the playoffs this year with the talent level they brought in.

Legend
Legend
What did Chan 19 say?

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

They have both said that the got the coaching decision wrong on multiple occasions during this press conference. They have said that verbatium.

hmmm Jimmy avoided the question when he was asked if they would apologize

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

What did Chan 19 say?

they were reading off fans reactions

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

What did Chan 19 say?

One verbatim question to Haslam: "Can you assure the fans they don't have The Three Stooges running this organization?"

D
Legend
Legend
D
One of the vibes/jist I am getting is that Chud's inability to bench/release players like Little and etc is playing a decent role in the front office being displeased with him/the season. It makes sense. Teams bench players all the time who aren't doing anything to help the team win, except this one. Little wouldn't have lasted two games as a Cowboy, an Eagle or a Patriot playing like he did here. He's lasted "seasons" here though when people like Cooper likely, and I mean "likely" - would have been a better selection since day one.

Keeping Weeden in the top part of the QB carousel also had to make Chud look bad in terms of leadership and decision making. Especially when the players on the team, fans and etc were fully depleted with Brandon. Playing him ended up being toxic to the team and toxic to Cleveland.

Nice guys finish last Chud, sometimes being the "boss" means you need to crack the whip on some situations. Helping others cause you have some unexplainable "faith" or "trust" in them and their abilities to bounce back after crap games, didn't help yourself.

But really after reflecting and talking to a few people, not sure I am all that upset that Chud was canned. This team just needs to seize any and all hiring of coaches who have no coaching experience. It scares me and makes me sick to my stomach when I even CONTEMPLATE who's going to the next HC. How long is that dude going to last I wonder?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
now they are questioning Jimmy's credibility with his scandal. these news reporters are brutal

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
JC,

So Banner ruleed out candidates who interviewed last year. No Ray Horton. No Bill O’Brien. No Mike Zimmer. No Ken Whisenhunt.

Interesting

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

now they are questioning Jimmy's credibility with his scandal. these news reporters are brutal

It's about time. For too many years they wore kid gloves because they were scared of getting their Credentials pulled.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
JC- Banner said that he didn't forsee anyone from last years coaching search being a candidate this year. That would seem to take O'Brien and McDaniel out of the picture.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Banner talks out the side of his mouth.

He said they moved the needle forward with FA and DP's but the team didn't improve.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Yeah. I almost couldn't believe he said that.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
R
Legend
Legend
R
Quote:

JC,

So Banner ruleed out candidates who interviewed last year. No Ray Horton. No Bill O’Brien. No Mike Zimmer. No Ken Whisenhunt.

Interesting

Of course they did.

That would be further admission they were wrong.

What a bunch of egotistical bastards.

I thought Haslam was going to be the best thing that happened to this franchise in a long time. Now, I'm not so sure.

And kudos to the Cleveland media for pulling no punches today.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
They are open to allowing any type of decision for HC's and the control they posses.

Banner basically said are willing to get rid of the assistance if another team is looking to raid the Browns' coaching staff.

All Pro
All Pro
It's going to get worse. Just wait until free agency kicks in. You'd have to be crazy to sign up for more time with this circus. Our FA players will be gone and we'll have to pay dearly for any we do get. And a QB would be stone cold insane to sign with the Browns, the graveyard of careers.

Maybe it'll get better in a few years. As it stands now money spent following the Browns is money wasted.

"Let people think this is a dumpster fire," - Mike Pettine
R
Legend
Legend
R
As we speak, all the college QBs that declared are trying to change their minds.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Jimmy basically said that they will reevaluate next year on the the new coaches performances.

Jimmy is getting annoyed lol

and he just walked out

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Wow, the media is firing bullets today. Just questioned where Lombardi was? The answer: "I haven't thought about it."

If they are stripping credentials for hard questions, we're going to need some new reporters.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Yeah, like I said about Mack. What makes people think/fathom that Alex even wants to stay on this circus? Like I said, I bet he's already thrilled to see what teams offer him something, as he'd likely take less to not be a Brown anymore.

And really, I don't blame him or any player that feels that way. We'll go through half a thousand coaches and staff changes before this team has a break-even win/loss record....

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Best FA they had was Bryant. The rest were meh.. The Draft? Mingo pretty much disappeared this season and the rest of the draft were not to be seen at all. So what exactly did the Front Office improve on?

Instead of cutting Little or Weeden to send a message Chud should have benched/cut Bess, you know that stud WR that Banner and Lombardi brought in that leads the league in dropped passes.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I'm not even watching the presser ... just reading ... and I can't ever remember the combined arrogance of two individuals at any other time in Cleveland sports. Wow. Just wow.

I have no hope for the future.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
He also said that they'd consider current coaching staff (well, he didn't answer the question as a no) - so is Norv Turner an option? Not sure I want that.

Unrelated, but the weasel said that he'd be open to having a coach have control over the roster? Ironic that was one of the reasons (supposedly) that Chud got fired. The man talks out of both sides of his mouth - despise him.

To underscore the incompetence of Banner/Haslam, they said they've never thought about including the GM in the presser?

I love that the reporters were being brutal, though I think overall they were too nice. Get a couple fans in there and it'd have been better...

R
Legend
Legend
R
Quote:

Yeah, like I said about Mack. What makes people think/fathom that Alex even wants to stay on this circus? Like I said, I bet he's already thrilled to see what teams offer him something, as he'd likely take less to not be a Brown anymore.

And really, I don't blame him or any player that feels that way. We'll go through half a thousand coaches and staff changes before this team has a break-even win/loss record....

Mack was already gone.

But yeah, if there was even a 1% chance he was staying, that ship has sailed.

Legend
Legend
No doubt, Joe Banner is on the hot seat now. He get's it wrong and goodbye Joe.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

They will probably Franchise Mack and then try to work on a long term deal.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I'm not even watching the presser ... just reading ... and I can't ever remember the combined arrogance of two individuals at any other time in Cleveland sports. Wow. Just wow.

I have no hope for the future.

They are getting destroyed in this presser with some of these questions.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

No way Mack signs a franchise tender. I wouldn't if I was him.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No way Mack signs a franchise tender. I wouldn't if I was him.

If the Browns tag him what choice does he have. It will be just like Dawson. He will have to wait and get Tagged 2 years in a row and then he will be free because the Browns won't tag him 3 years in a row.

Legend
Legend
I don't mind arrogance in those running a sports organization, or in players .... because I think that you need a tittle arrogance in running a major company or organization.

That said, don't treat people like idiots. These guys strike me as the kind of people who not only think that they are the smartest in the room, but that everyone else should just accept it.

I cannot believe that only did half an hour. I cannot believe that they are still hiding Lombardi. I cannot believe that Banner says one thing and Haslam another.

This organization is in disarray. Maybe Chud was the lucky one.

If I were a reporter, I would have asked Haslam, "What happens if, with all of the cap space you have, and all of the draft picks you have, well, what happens if this team is an 11 or 12 loss team again next year? Does the new coach get fired? Does the GM? Does the Team President?"

Of course, he probably would have ducked that question with a half answer anyway.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

He also said that they'd consider current coaching staff (well, he didn't answer the question as a no) - so is Norv Turner an option? Not sure I want that.

I took it more as it left open the door for them to quickly interview Horton to comply with the Rooney rule. Nobody from this current staff will be the HC next year.

Kudos to the media for asking tough questions. Banner and Haslem gave the same canned answers they gave after Shurmur was fired. "We know this is tough. We're confident we'll get this right. We are confident we can attract a top coaching candidate."

On a side note, Haslem looked like a panicked mess at the beginning of the presser. I thought his eyes were going to pop out of his head. Meanwhile, Banner thinks the FO put the team in a good situation. Oh the hilarity!

All Pro
All Pro
JC.

I wanted to stop listening when he said the team headed downhill.
Yeah it was very disappointing season.
I would have started with the special teams coach.
But there WAS an obvious different feeling about this team.
Chemistry wise it felt right.
That alone was enough to give it another year IMO.
If the guys who can jump ship do not do it.
The next coach better make the playoffs.
There will be no excuse not to.

But to say It was all on Chud that this team did not improve this season.
It's outright BS!

Then just a few short minutes later say he does not want name names but a lot of players to be evaluated were injured. Hoyer, Groves, Benjamin, Bryant, Lewis,etc, etc. 3 rooks are on the IR.
I had to stop listening.

Wonder why you saw a decline in the level of play?

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
R
Legend
Legend
R
The arrogance will be on full display if they hire Gase.

And I have a sinking feeling that's what will happen.

Banner will be fired after next season is my prediction.

But all these fired guys just laugh their way to the bank since their grandchildren's children will still be taken care of.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

If I were a reporter, I would have asked Haslam, "What happens if, with all of the cap space you have, and all of the draft picks you have, well, what happens if this team is an 11 or 12 loss team again next year? Does the new coach get fired? Does the GM? Does the Team President?"

Of course, he probably would have ducked that question with a half answer anyway.

I was amused that he got annoyed at the end of the presser and just basically said... ok we are done got up and walked out.

Legend
Legend
I have a feeling that we'll see Josh McDaniels as the next head coach.

Bleh.

Page 14 of 24 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 23 24
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Report: Browns HC Rob Chudzinski’s Future In Doubt

Link Copied to Clipboard