Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 24 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 23 24
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Mack will get tagged if we have a brain at all. I don't think Ward will be back, and to be honest I don't care. The problem is going to be attracting guys to come to this mess. We will have to MASSIVELY over pay people to get them to come here.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
Legend
Legend
You guys are missing gold right now.

"Do you think this is fair to Chudzinksi given the mess he inherited, and to thank you for that?"

"You had 3 starting qbs, you traded a starting runningback with no plan to replace him, how do you justify this, who could have won with that?"

"If you failed to get a guy the first time, why should anyone believe you can do it the second time?"

-Answer: N/A

Who is the reporter reading the Facebook posts?

"Can you convince the fans that we don't have the three stooges running this organization?"

Banner thinks the talented they acquired this off-season and season stacks up with the rest of the league.

Several reporters throwing Flying J/Pilot in Jimmy's face. "Will you still be the owner next year?" Man, they have taken the gloves off.

"Do you find it odd that your General Manager doesn't take part in these meetings"

"Haven't really thought about it to be honest"

wow

R
Legend
Legend
R
I would rather have him than Gase ... though that will not make me all that happy either.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, like I said about Mack. What makes people think/fathom that Alex even wants to stay on this circus? Like I said, I bet he's already thrilled to see what teams offer him something, as he'd likely take less to not be a Brown anymore.

And really, I don't blame him or any player that feels that way. We'll go through half a thousand coaches and staff changes before this team has a break-even win/loss record....

They will probably Franchise Mack and then try to work on a long term deal.

No way Mack signs a franchise tender. I wouldn't if I was him.

Either make $11m guaranteed or sit out for free to make a point LOL... yeah, I think you would sign it. Then again, I don't think he will even get tagged so it's a moot point.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I used to marvel at how two guys could watch a football game,one for the home team the other for the visitors,and see two entirely different games.
Reading what you guys heard during the presser,amazes me even more.Hell,I thought I was paying attention,didn't hear nor see half the things you guys did.
When asked why Lombardi wasn't ever at these pressers,he answered;never really thought about it.
If these guys are as good at running an org.as they are at pressers,we should be in good hands.

New Brown's motto;
We will have continuity,until you . me off.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
R
Legend
Legend
R
Quote:

"Do you think this is fair to Chudzinksi given the mess he inherited, and to thank you for that?"

"You had 3 starting qbs, you traded a starting runningback with no plan to replace him, how do you justify this, who could have won with that?"

"If you failed to get a guy the first time, why should anyone believe you can do it the second time?"

"Can you convince the fans that we don't have the three stooges running this organization?"

Banner thinks the talented they acquired this off-season and season stacks up with the rest of the league.

Several reporters throwing Flying J/Pilot in Jimmy's face. "Will you still be the owner next year?" Man, they have taken the gloves off.

"Do you find it odd that your General Manager doesn't take part in these meetings"

wow

This is what happens when people think they are smarter than everyone else.

Just move to LA or London or Timbuktu already.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

wow

I'm looking forward to reading the PC however, their mannerisms were priceless.

We really do have the 3 stooges running the show. Jimmy, Curly, and Unknown.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, like I said about Mack. What makes people think/fathom that Alex even wants to stay on this circus? Like I said, I bet he's already thrilled to see what teams offer him something, as he'd likely take less to not be a Brown anymore.

And really, I don't blame him or any player that feels that way. We'll go through half a thousand coaches and staff changes before this team has a break-even win/loss record....

If the Browns tag him what choice does he have. It will be just like Dawson. He will have to wait and get Tagged 2 years in a row and then he will be free because the Browns won't tag him 3 years in a row.

He holds out and forces them to rescind the tag. Why wouldn't he? Why on earth would he want to play for this team?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I have a feeling that we'll see Josh McDaniels as the next head coach.

Bleh.

Well, you certainly won't have to wonder if we'll go after Cutler if McNapoleon is here.

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
.. " Just move to LA or London or Timbuktu already... "

Unfortunately you might be on to something !

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Dan DeRoos from Chanel 19. That was priceless. Haslem looked visibly pissed for a moment when he was asking his thoughts on fans perception that this organization is a complete embarrassment to the city and NFL. Additionally, how the fans would like Haslem, Banner and Lombardi to pack their bags and get out of town.

This franchise is an absolute mess!

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
J/C
Sooo....... Haslem says that he talked to a lot of people around the NFL and they told him that he has a "great" franchise here, not "good", but "great." Do you think any of those people told him that firing a first year head coach and then dodging every real question would help in continuing to build it?

I agree with YTown. They both seemed like they were the smartest people in the room and that everyone should just accept that.

And, if Lombardi is not so good with the media, how did he end up on TV?

This whole thing stinks to high heaven. There had to be more to this debacle than any of them are letting on.....

#gmstrong.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If the Browns tag him what choice does he have. It will be just like Dawson. He will have to wait and get Tagged 2 years in a row and then he will be free because the Browns won't tag him 3 years in a row.

He holds out and forces them to rescind the tag. Why wouldn't he? Why on earth would he want to play for this team?

Why would the team be forced to rescind the tag?

And if he were smart, he wouldn't because of the whole losing $700,000 game checks thing.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
In other new, the coaching search resumes:

Crowded elevators smell different to short people...
Legend
Legend
Quote:

God Banner just makes my skin crawl.

Oxford comma fail.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I have a feeling that we'll see Josh McDaniels as the next head coach.

Bleh.

Well, you certainly won't have to wonder if we'll go after Cutler if McNapoleon is here.

Nope, just Tebow.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
O
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
O
Whoa...

What do you think? That was "heavy".

Did Haslem come off as a leader?

Who are the best leaders in Brown's history?

Post Paul Brown era.

Sam and Marty? That's it?

Haslem may be the first guy I've ever seen who has tried to assume that role.

But, did he succeed?

My take is a little different, now, than it was last night. College and Pro coaches get paid, get paid literally millions of dollars with the understanding that being unceremonisly dismissed is a part of it. Its a part of the game. Its an understood reality. Chud is a millionaire, please don't worry about him. He's OK

Banner is somewhat of a money guy/ruthless business manager, type of guy.

From what I saw today, the Brown's need Haslem to lead. Banner, Lombardi, are not going to lead those players, those coaches, the office staff, etc... Haslem's presence is needed, whether we like it or not.

NFL Network gossip columnists are ranting and raving. Well, they have no experience in this situation. Who cares what a sports journalist's opinion is when he knows little about what he is talking about.

Bottom Line:

Can Chud win us a Super Bowl?

If the answer isn't an immediate YES, then we have to move on.

Last edited by Referee7; 12/30/13 02:28 PM.

Barry Bonds Check
Roger Clemens Check
Mark McGuire Check
Lance Armstrong Check

71-79 Steelers Taboo
(Lets pretend it didn't happen.)
D
Legend
Legend
D
j/c on u

- am more depressed now than I was before .. I just clicked on U but u are right about there ARROGANCE .... they just sit there and say what they want no matter how CONTRADICTORY it is ..

one of the posters said Banner would say one thing and then haslam another .... well Banner said one thing and 2 minutes later he himself was saying the exact opposite ....

like when he said chud was let go for lack of improvement over the course of the year ... then 5 minutes later said he thought they did a good job in bringing in FA's and draft picks and said we didn't see how good they would be cause of all the injuries to said FA's and draft picks .. *LOL* ... how stupid do u think I am ...

the contradictions pretty much continued through the entire presser .. THESE TWO ARE A FRICIN JOKE!!!

Jimmy saying we'd know in 6 months to a year how the new hire is working out SCARES THE CRAP OUT OF ME .... u can't make evaluations on NEW HEAD COACHES that quick ... and that means this DUDE DON'T GET IT ...

I also loved it when Banner justified this move by saying he had a long history with one coach so this isn't his style ... ya ... that coach ended up being the reason U resigned cause Banner lost the power struggle .... I wonder if Banner was in control like he is here how long Reid would have lasted ....

Jimmy u talk about what we deserve ... well all you've done so far for me is TAKE AWAY MY HOPE ... and Hope is what keeps us going on a daily basis ... so thanks for that ...

and I could care less how hard U or anyone else works in this org. ... and I could care less how much U understand what we deserve ....... GET SOME F'N FOOTBALL PEOPLE AND LET THEM DO THERE JOBS ....

seeing as how it appears your not going to jail (I wonder how much that cost him ... paying off the federal gov't isn't cheap ... ) ... and the NFL won't step in ... U need to LEARN THAT FAST cause until U do we REAL FANS are SCREWED ....

D
Legend
Legend
D
Can you, or someone else help me in terms of Franchising...

When a team delivers up the franchise tag, I get that it's an average, 1 year deal of the top five I think players at the associated position.

Does the player have right to refuse the tag?

Legend
Legend
Statement from Chud.

Class guy who truly was dealt dirty.

Former Browns coach Rob Chudzinski 'shocked' by firing | cleveland.com
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ss...art_maj-story-1

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Former Browns coach Rob Chudzinski says he was shocked by his firing.

Chudzinski released a statement through the team, saying,

“I was shocked and disappointed to hear the news that I was fired. I am a Cleveland Brown to the core, and always will be. It was an honor to lead our players and coaches, and I appreciate their dedication and sacrifice. I was more excited than ever for this team, as I know we were building a great foundation for future success. While clearly I would have liked to see the long-term vision through to the end, I am very grateful to Jimmy Haslam and the Haslam family for letting me live my dream.”

Chudzinski went 4-12 in his only season at the helm. The team has scheduled a 12:30 p.m. press conference to explain the rationale behind firing Chudzinski.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Statement from Chud.

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Former Browns coach Rob Chudzinski says he was shocked by his firing.

“I was shocked and disappointed to hear the news that I was fired. I am a Cleveland Brown to the core, and always will be. It was an honor to lead our players and coaches, and I appreciate their dedication and sacrifice. I was more excited than ever for this team, as I know we were building a great foundation for future success. While clearly I would have liked to see the long-term vision through to the end, I am very grateful to Jimmy Haslam and the Haslam family for letting me live my dream.”

Chudzinski went 4-12 in his only season at the helm. The team has scheduled a 12:30 p.m. press conference to explain the rationale behind firing Chudzinski.

that is a classy guy, cause lets be honest here:

if it was any one of us in that situation, i would've aired out ALL the dirty laundry, i would've said so many things about what really happened, there be pitchforks and torches out there in berea right NOW.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Jimmy saying we'd know in 6 months to a year how the new hire is working out SCARES THE CRAP OUT OF ME .... u can't make evaluations on NEW HEAD COACHES that quick ... and that means this DUDE DON'T GET IT ...

Yet they still think that top coaches will still see this as a great opportunity.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Well Chud at least doesn't have to say anymore "we are disappointed in how the game turned out... blah blah blah. We're already excited to be moving onto the next opponent... blah blah blah. The players are focused and putting in good weeks of practice blah blah blah" anymore.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

When a team delivers up the franchise tag, I get that it's an average, 1 year deal of the top five I think players at the associated position.

Yes. The player can choose to not sign the Franchise tender, but they would have to sit out the year, I believe. In doing so, the team would lose their Franchise tag for that year or something like that.

In short, I don't remember the details too well, but the player can refuse to sign it.

Browns is the Browns

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Haslem is the biggest problem the organization has. Banner and Lombardi can be fired, but as we learned with Lerner, if the same lunatic is hiring more lunatics your going to be crazy...lol. I can't quit them bro....tried a few years back after the whole Holmgren keeping Mangini thing. I just have to pray that either Haslem figures it out (not hopeful at all), he goes to prison (not much hope there either), or figure he will most likely die before I do and wait him out.

Here's to your health Jimmy....

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
No he does not. He can either accept the tag or sit out and not earn money. Under the new CBA an organization can tag a guy for 2 years in a row...........after that he is a UFA. So to answer the real question, if the Browns want Mack back he will be back.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd buy that for $1.00

Legend
Legend
Quote:

The player can refuse the tag .... he just can't play until he either signs it, or accepts a long term contract from the team, or signs with someone else and the team refuses to match and takes his new team's next 2 1st round draft picks, or the team decides to take back the tag designation.

For tag purposes, the offensive line is treated as a single position. Obviously the top 5 contacts on the offensive line are all LTs, but a Center would still get that level of contract under the franchise tag.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

For tag purposes, the offensive line is treated as a single position. Obviously the top 5 contacts on the offensive line are all LTs, but a Center would still get that level of contract under the franchise tag.

Which, for last year, was $9,828,000. I would expect this year's to be higher.

That would be a healthy paycheck for Mack, and one extremely large cap hit for the team.

Browns is the Browns

D
Legend
Legend
D
Gotcha gotcha... thanks guys ^

M
Legend
Legend
M
Is it weird that I feel a little better about this firing after listening to them? I mean, I think they are the most stupidly, arrogant guys EVER but they went with their gut and moved on. If they felt they'd be in the same place again next year, why not cut ties now? No, it's not fair and I don't like seeing Chud go. We'll never know how it could have turned out for him.

Regardless of who the next coach is, it's all about continuing to add talent and that's what scares me the most with Banner and Lombardi-- not this head coach situation as much.

Also this hasn't been sitting well around the league either. Wonder what potential FA players are thinking as well as guys like Mack and Ward....

Last edited by MemphisBrownie; 12/30/13 02:44 PM.

Tackles are tackles.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Quote:

Quote:

Statement from Chud.

that is a classy guy, cause lets be honest here:

if it was any one of us in that situation, i would've aired out ALL the dirty laundry, i would've said so many things about what really happened, there be pitchforks and torches out there in berea right NOW.

He is going to get paid head coach money for 2-3 more years to not be a head coach. Doing what you suggest puts that money in serious jeopardy, which is why that pretty much never happens.

O
All Pro
All Pro
O
I have to give the Cleveland media some props for really grilling Haslam and Banner; the facebook comments and asking why Lombardi wasn't there were priceless. Of course, we had one certain reporter ask questions that had been answered about 5 times already.

Still, I would loved someone to ask more follow-up questions, like, "When evaluating Chud's performance, what things do you think he could have done differently to help his team show improvement at the end of the season?" I would have loved to see Banner answer that.

Legend
Legend
If you actually trust those guys to do their job, then THAT would be weird. What I see is a collection of Stooges (a nickname I finally like) who let their egos get in the way.

Quote:

Wonder what potential FA players are thinking as well as guys like Mack and Ward....

I would expect all of our current guys to warn other players about coming here. I expect our own free agents to want to leave.
I would think that the only free agents that will come here will be the ones we grossly overpay for and those that can't get a better offer (or any offer) elsewhere.

Browns is the Browns

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
We will have to overpay any FA who wants to come here by a good penny. However, I don't know if that really is that much different than it was before now. The team has sucked for nearly two decades, and your not going to get a quality FA to come here for similar money he can get from a proven organization........winning matters to these guys, but not as much as money.

If the Browns want to keep Mack/Ward or sign any FA they can, but they are going to pay handsomely for it, and way above market value. This is pretty much status quo for FAs, but it definitely does hurt us having to potentially over pay for own guys like Mack and Ward.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
You have to remember, though, that it's not a matter of him saying "I refuse to sign it" and then just being out for the year. He simply just does not sign the tender, but he is free to do so at any time as long as it's not rescinded by the team. So, he could sit out the entire offseason, preseason, etc, and on the Saturday before opening day choose to sign it and immediately be guaranteed his entire salary (and the team would have to accordingly make ay necessary moves to comply with the salary cap, should they then be in violation). He could even decide to wait as far into the season as week 10 to sign it and be guaranteed his (what I believe would be prorated at this point) salary.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

Yet they still think that top coaches will still see this as a great opportunity.

Well they may not have a problem getting a coach ... they covered there asses with the 10.5 million payout to chud ...

If I'm a candidate here's how I look at it ...

- they have a ton of young talent ...
- tons of room under the cap ...
- a ton of draft picks and HIGH DRAFT PICKS .. including two 1st rounders ....

so its a very very attractive job from that aspect .... now the down side is Chud getting canned after a year ... BUT if that happens I'm going to walk away a VERY VERY RICH MAN ...

PLUS .... this is like declaring bankruptcy ... U can only do it once every 7 years (at least that's what it used to be) ... so creditors are actually fairly willing to loan folks who just declared bankruptcy money cause that fear is eliminated ...

Well I would imagine that theres no way the 3 stooges are going to fire a first year coach two years in a row ...

Naaa ... it prolly won't hinder us in the coaching search ... retaining and getting FA's .. that may be another story ...

the three stooges have a shot at coming out of this smelling like a rose ... we do have lots og good young talent .. we have lots of good picks and a ton of room under the cap .. so if they GET LUCKY and use the picks and money correctly we should be a pretty good in a few years .... so they can say ...

SEE WE KNEW WHAT WE WERE DOING .... when in reality ... U have the opportunity to SHINE DESPITE YOURSELVES ....

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Quote:

You have to remember, though, that it's not a matter of him saying "I refuse to sign it" and then just being out for the year. He simply just does not sign the tender, but he is free to do so at any time as long as it's not rescinded by the team. So, he could sit out the entire offseason, preseason, etc, and on the Saturday before opening day choose to sign it and immediately be guaranteed his entire salary (and the team would have to accordingly make ay necessary moves to comply with the salary cap, should they then be in violation). He could even decide to wait as far into the season as week 10 to sign it and be guaranteed his (what I believe would be prorated at this point) salary.

He could do that. It puts both parties in bad spots. It's bad for Mack because that close to the season, all the big free agent money has dried up, but my thoughts are that if you tag someone, you don't let them bully you around. That's a great way to set future players up to do the same thing in the future. Hold your ground sort of thing.

And if signing right before the start of the season affects his on-field play, that ultimately hurts his free agent haul the next year.

There is always talk about players holding out for several weeks into the season but in reality it never happens. It's too expensive.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

Haslem is the biggest problem the organization has. Banner and Lombardi can be fired, but as we learned with Lerner, if the same lunatic is hiring more lunatics your going to be crazy...lol. I can't quit them bro....tried a few years back after the whole Holmgren keeping Mangini thing. I just have to pray that either Haslem figures it out (not hopeful at all), he goes to prison (not much hope there either), or figure he will most likely die before I do and wait him out.

Here's to your health Jimmy....

Not quittin bro ... just gonna be a lot less interested until these pieces of crap are gone ... THERE NOT GOOD PEOPLE BRO ... and I'm not a big fan of that ...

just curious ....

why do u think chud was a failure this year? ...

why u so high on O'Brien ... what impresses u about him ...

if u don't want the dolts to be involved send me a PM ...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
color me confused...

didn't they suggest that they have been in talks with other potential coaches? it made it seem like they have been looking before they decided to fire Chud.

maybe I"m just confused with what they said

Page 15 of 24 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 23 24
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Report: Browns HC Rob Chudzinski’s Future In Doubt

Link Copied to Clipboard