Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

well, its a damn shame we have to make this thread. but there's all type of post in all type of threads, so might as well consolidate it here.

once again, we are looking for a new HC, potentially a OC and DC.

so, the typical names are out, cowher, Gruden, Shanahan.

and now O'brien, mcDaniels, and maybe even our OC or DC.

so who would you like to have as a HC, realistically?

IMO, i think Lovie smith would be perfect here, and since we already installed the 3-4, it would be perfect.

Since when did Lovie Smith run the 3-4?? He's famous for the out dated tampa 2 defense which is a 4-3. Bringing in Smith would almost certainly mean a switch back to a 4-3 which would just be hilarious. All of the available guys don't really do anything for me but my top 2 would probably be McDaniels or Whisenhunt just becuase they run the 3-4 and we wouldn't have to switch again. I'm very close to being done with this team. I wish I could send out a mass mailer to all of the season ticket holders and tell them to stop buying tickets and to stop going to the game. This is a joke how often we have to "be patient" with this stupid franchise.

My bad. I thought it was the 3-4. My mistake.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I think we're going to go with a New England roots guy and we'll be looking for a new coach in 2 years. New England is Belichick and Brady, not Weis, or Crennel, or McDaniels, or O'Brien.

I was hoping last year we'd get Mike McCoy or Kyle Shanahan. McCoy is doing well in SD, but he has a good QB. Not sure if Washington's issues this year were because of Kyle or Mike Shanahan.

Either way, I have a real bad taste in my mouth about this team right now.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
I definitely don't want Lovie Smith. The guy was too up and down in Chicago for too long

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

I definitely don't want Lovie Smith. The guy was too up and down in Chicago for too long

http://m.pfref.com/m?p=XXcoachesXXSmitLo0.htm&t=0

I'll take that all day. All. Day.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Wish list:

1. Bill O'Brien
2. Jon Gruden
3. Bill Cowher

More likely McDaniel's or Whisenhunt, Which I would be ok with. Both are successful coordinators who have been HC's once and have had some time off from being an HC. Maybe learned something they would have done different the last time.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
How stupid are we going to look if we passed on Wisenhunt and then hire him the next season?

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
We're looking pretty stupid already. Short of hiring a no name surprise guy, we can't look too much worse (from a coaching perspective, I wouldn't be surprised for some moronic moves this offseason, something like #4, #24 (or whatever it will be) a future 1st rounder, and Josh Gordon for #1)

M
Legend
Legend
M
My sleeper candidate for HC is James Franklin from Vanderbilt. Otherwise, we'll likely end up with a Lombardi lackey in the likes of McDaniels.

The Bill O'Brien story doesn't make sense to me. We interviewed him last year and either made him an offer he turned us down or we did not make him an offer and let him walk and thought Chud was the best candidate. Now, all of sudden, O'Brien is supposed to be a top candidate. What?!?

Any talk of Gruden, Cowher, Saban, Tressel, Billick is silly at best. I think there is less than a zero percent chance that one of these guys become HC of the Browns.

M
1st String
1st String
M
Quote:

Quote:

You're okay with Manziel, but scared of Carr because he's a "system QB."

My thought exactly.

And why not wait on who we'll pick until we know what systems we'll be running?

Manziel is great inside the pocket and outside the pocket and is a playmaker when things break down. He doesn't sit back and sling it downfield the way Carr does. While Manziel arguably could be a system QB as well, he does have a couple more skills than Carr that is starting to work in today's NFL.

I wouldn't be upset with Carr at 4. But if we move up to 2 and pick Carr, I would be questioning leaving Bortles or Bridgewater on the board.

Carr reminds me of Weeden so much because of what happens to him when the pocket breaks down. The difference between the two is age, obviously, and a quicker release. He does get the ball out quick when he recognizes the blitz, but when he doesn't he panics much like Weeden.

M
1st String
1st String
M
If we can't get O'Brien and we stay within the college ranks, what about David Shaw (Stanford) or Sumlin (A&M)?

I think both could do good things in the league.

Legend
Legend

Seems like Cleveland can not figure out that coming from Belichick does not equal Belichick.

Josh McDaniels was a joke in Denver:

Josh McDaniels timeline
courtesy of joshmcdaniels.com

1. Despite inheriting a team ranked 2nd in the NFL in total offense in 2008, McDaniels fires all of Denver’s offensive assistant coaches except running backs coach, Bobby Turner, and offensive line coach, Rick Dennison. McDaniels’ decision to fire quarterbacks coach, Jeremy Bates, particularly irks quarterback Jay Cutler who had passed for 4,526 yards and 25 touchdowns and made the Pro Bowl with Bates as his position coach in 2008.

2. McDaniels attempts to trade Cutler and acquire New England quarterback, Matt Cassel, in 3 team deal that would have sent Cutler to Tampa Bay. McDaniels fails to complete the trade and Cassel is traded to AFC West rival, Kansas City

McDaniels convinces Pat Bowlen to fire general manager Jim Goodman and co-assistant general manager Jeff Goodman and promote 38 year old Brian Xanders from co-assistant general manager to general manager.

As free agency begins, the Denver Broncos sign veteran New England long snapper, Lonie Paxton, to a 5 year, $5.5M contract that includes a $1M signing bonus. The deal makes Paxton the 2nd highest paid long snapper in the NFL

Prior to the start of the regular season, Denver signs or trades for 4 additional former New England players, Brandon Gorin, Russ Hochstein, LaMont Jordan, and LeKevin Smith, bringing the total number of former Patriots added to the Broncos by McDaniels to 6. Of the 6 players, only Jabar Gaffney and Lonie Paxton make worthwile contributions to the team during the 2009 season

Broncos trade Cutler and a 2009 5th round draft pick to the Chicago Bears for quarterback Kyle Orton, 1st and 3rd round picks in 2009 and a 1st round pick in 2010.

McDaniels trades Denver’s 2010 1st round pick to Seattle to select diminutive Wake Forest cornerback Alphonso Smith in the 2nd round (37th overall), and Denver’s 3rd round pick (79th overall) and the 3rd round pick (84th overall) Denver received in the Cutler trade from Chicago to Pittsburgh to select one-dimensional, blocking tight end Richard Quinn in the 2nd round (64th overall). Denver also received Pittsburgh’s 4th round pick (132nd overall) in the latter deal, which it used to select Iowa guard Seth Olsen.

As a result, Seattle received the No. 14 overall pick in this year’s draft and selected Texas safety Earl Thomas, a player NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock labeled the best pure, instinctive football player in the 2010 draft.

On the Friday before the team’s must win game to keep its playoff chances alive vs. Kansas City, McDaniels announces that Marshall and Scheffler will be not be active for the game as a result of the players’ poor attitudes. McDaniels is widely criticized for publicly questioning the legitimacy of Marshall’s hamstring injury.

The Broncos and defensive coordinator Mike Nolan "mutually agree to part ways." The shocking move comes after a season in which Nolan’s presence increased the team’s ranking in total defense from No. 29 in 2008 to No. 7 in 2009, and improved the Broncos from a Defense-adjusted Value Over Average (DVOA) of 24.7% in 2008 to -7.9% in 2009

McDaniels promotes his younger brother, Ben, to quarterbacks coach. Before being hired by the Broncos last year as an offensive assistant, the 30 year old Ben McDaniels’ coaching experience consisted of 3 years coaching quarterbacks at the high school level in Ohio and 2 years as a graduate assistant at the of Minnesota.

Despite McDaniels stating that he planned to expand Peyton Hillis’ role in the offense in 2010, the popular running back was traded to Cleveland for Brady Quinn.

As anticipated for months, McDaniels trades Pro Bowl wideout Brandon Marshall to Miami for a second round draft pick in 2010 and 2011.

After trading down twice in the first round of the 2010 NFL draft to select Demaryius Thomas (WR, Georgia Tech), McDaniels blows the extra picks Denver accumulated in such trades and shocks the NFL world by moving back into the first round to select former Florida Gators quarterback Tim Tebow.

The Broncos trade cornerback Alphonso Smith to Detroit for the Lions fourth string tight end, Dan Gronkowski. Gronkowski was Detroit’s 7th round (255th overall) pick in 2009.
===================================================

It will never happen because of Lombardi's umbilical cord attachment to Belichick but the Browns should look at Brian Schottenheimer.

Little doubt that this will be some Belichick clone.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Ian Rapoport just threw out a name: Broncos OC Adam Gase. Says we've already contacted them.

Crowded elevators smell different to short people...
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I thought you can't contact guys when they are still playing?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I worded that poorly, sorry.

Apparently contacted the Broncos, not the coach himself. I would assume we would have to get permission to interview him.

According to Shefter, Asst coaches w/ playoff teams that have byes can interview for HC jobs Jan. 5. Assts w/ playoff teams that don't have byes interview Jan. 12

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Quote:

Cowher was wearing an orange tie Sunday....

I cant believe we are having this conversation. Chud wasnt great, but for a first year coach I thought he did a good job.

AND with no QB. When he had one, he was ok.

[Linked Image from dcptest.com]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I could handle trading for Malett, but giving up a first would give me a stroke.

And do people really hate on McDaniel for COACHING ability or just bad personnel moves he made in Denver? I really can't remember anything but him drafting Tebow & sending us the ham sandwich. I'm guessing if he came here he'd have little if any say in what players we bring in.

Pats reportedly want a 1st rounder for Mallett.

McDaniels drafted Tebow, traded for Kyle Orton, traded for Brady Quinn and lost 13 of his last 16 games.

Have you noticed that coaches with a top shelf QB always look so much brighter than other coaches that aren't blessed that way, LOL

As for who the next coach will be, geez, I hadn't even thought about it because I really felt that Chud getting fired wasn't even on anyones radar.

So off the top of my head, I'd have to list Lovie Smith, Bill O'Brien, Brian Billick, John Gruden, Bill Cowher, Kubiak, Shanahan and maybe Mike Sherman. And I don't think you should forget that Brian Schottenheimer may be a a fit as well.

Smith would be a good coach. Billick is a guy that I don't personally care for but he's got a winning record in this division so if he's available, you can't overlook him.

I think John Gruden is a guy that I'd like to stay away from, Cowher is done coaching. Kubiak leaves me cold, Shanahan can't win consistently without Elway. I don't know what to think about Sherman.

on the surface, I'd almost like to give Schottheimer a chance. That's probably the homer in me however.

I was not at all happy about this years results. How could any Browns fan be happy with that. But I think if you take into consideration that we really didn't have a QB or Running game and we were installing a new Offense and Defense, how in the hell could you honestly expect much more than what we got.

I hope I'm wrong about this, but I think that in the final analysis, firing Chud will be viewed as a huge mistake.

I'm sure this means that Turner will be gone and the same with Horton unless one of them is retained as HC. So you have to add their names to the list of potentials.

Will this mean a switch of defensive schemes? AGAIN?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm pretty tired of this nonsense.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I could handle trading for Malett, but giving up a first would give me a stroke.

And do people really hate on McDaniel for COACHING ability or just bad personnel moves he made in Denver? I really can't remember anything but him drafting Tebow & sending us the ham sandwich. I'm guessing if he came here he'd have little if any say in what players we bring in.

Pats reportedly want a 1st rounder for Mallett.

McDaniels drafted Tebow, traded for Kyle Orton, traded for Brady Quinn and lost 13 of his last 16 games.

Have you noticed that coaches with a top shelf QB always look so much brighter than other coaches that aren't blessed that way, LOL

Not sure what you're getting at, but if it's that having bad QBs is the reason McDaniels was an abject failure in Denver, it's 100% on him because he's the one that acquired those QBs.

Legend
Legend
Make no mistake. A new Browns coach will walk into this system: Joe Banner guides football. There’s no sense kidding about it; he makes final decisions on personnel. GM Mike Lombardi assesses personnel, and the coach has input. But Banner makes the decisions.

All the talk about group hugs aside the naked truth is staring you in the face.

The table is set for the next yo yo.

No quarterback, no running game, hire your coaching staff. Change to the schemes you like. Good luck keeping your pending pro bowl free agents (Mack and Ward). Make sure you get rid of all the players that you didn't pick.

But hey, look at all draft picks you have.

"Don't worry we have your back take what time you need to improve the team and build it the right way."

I am sure there there are plenty of young guys out there that will dive at the opportunity. Just like all the proven guys with a real resume will avoid Cleveland like the plague.

Legend
Legend

I hate sounding like this. I hate being pessimistic.

I am just disgusted by this turn of events.

M
All Pro
All Pro
M
Quote:

I would be on board with Brian Billick big time. To me is brutal and real to a fault. He comes off as a complete you know what! I like that right now for this team. Would be like having a poor man's Tom Coughlin. I loved him when they had the Ravens on Hard Knocks. He just knows and understands the business of being an NFL head coach and actually has been very successful! Again though it would make way too much sense for the current egos running the show.

Billick has been out of the league for several years. If he wanted to come back, it is likely that he would have done it by now.

The other thing to consider is how many other openings there are. There is a pretty specific set of candidates for all of these jobs. Several teams are considering the same guys. The candidates also select which situation is the quickest/easiest to fix. Cleveland has a huge glaring hole at QB. Is anyone truly sold on there being a sure-thing franchise QB in this draft?

R
Legend
Legend
R
Quote:

I read reports of Little working hard in camp, but did you watch him in the games?

Yesterday, he was walking on and off the field every freaking time. His route running was extremely lazy. His body language screamed "I Quit!"

And Gordon's was worse. Of course, we can't mention that because Gordon is "better than Jerry Rice" in these parts.

I'll be honest with you, I didn't notice that.

But my point is I don't think work ethic has been a problem for Little. I understand cutting a guy who isn't getting the job done. Make Little battle it out in camp next year and cut him when he loses. I know it's a cut throat business, but you cut the bad attitude, loafers first and give the guys who are giving it their all the benefit of the doubt.

Up until yesterday, I had not heard of a problem with Little's work ethic or attitude. It's unfortunate he's just not very good.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
O
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
O
Quote:

Seems like Cleveland can not figure out that coming from Belichick does not equal Belichick.

Josh McDaniels was a joke in Denver:

Josh McDaniels timeline
courtesy of joshmcdaniels.com

1. Despite inheriting a team ranked 2nd in the NFL in total offense in 2008, McDaniels fires all of Denver’s offensive assistant coaches except running backs coach, Bobby Turner, and offensive line coach, Rick Dennison. McDaniels’ decision to fire quarterbacks coach, Jeremy Bates, particularly irks quarterback Jay Cutler who had passed for 4,526 yards and 25 touchdowns and made the Pro Bowl with Bates as his position coach in 2008.

2. McDaniels attempts to trade Cutler and acquire New England quarterback, Matt Cassel, in 3 team deal that would have sent Cutler to Tampa Bay. McDaniels fails to complete the trade and Cassel is traded to AFC West rival, Kansas City

McDaniels convinces Pat Bowlen to fire general manager Jim Goodman and co-assistant general manager Jeff Goodman and promote 38 year old Brian Xanders from co-assistant general manager to general manager.

As free agency begins, the Denver Broncos sign veteran New England long snapper, Lonie Paxton, to a 5 year, $5.5M contract that includes a $1M signing bonus. The deal makes Paxton the 2nd highest paid long snapper in the NFL

Prior to the start of the regular season, Denver signs or trades for 4 additional former New England players, Brandon Gorin, Russ Hochstein, LaMont Jordan, and LeKevin Smith, bringing the total number of former Patriots added to the Broncos by McDaniels to 6. Of the 6 players, only Jabar Gaffney and Lonie Paxton make worthwile contributions to the team during the 2009 season

Broncos trade Cutler and a 2009 5th round draft pick to the Chicago Bears for quarterback Kyle Orton, 1st and 3rd round picks in 2009 and a 1st round pick in 2010.

McDaniels trades Denver’s 2010 1st round pick to Seattle to select diminutive Wake Forest cornerback Alphonso Smith in the 2nd round (37th overall), and Denver’s 3rd round pick (79th overall) and the 3rd round pick (84th overall) Denver received in the Cutler trade from Chicago to Pittsburgh to select one-dimensional, blocking tight end Richard Quinn in the 2nd round (64th overall). Denver also received Pittsburgh’s 4th round pick (132nd overall) in the latter deal, which it used to select Iowa guard Seth Olsen.

As a result, Seattle received the No. 14 overall pick in this year’s draft and selected Texas safety Earl Thomas, a player NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock labeled the best pure, instinctive football player in the 2010 draft.

On the Friday before the team’s must win game to keep its playoff chances alive vs. Kansas City, McDaniels announces that Marshall and Scheffler will be not be active for the game as a result of the players’ poor attitudes. McDaniels is widely criticized for publicly questioning the legitimacy of Marshall’s hamstring injury.

The Broncos and defensive coordinator Mike Nolan "mutually agree to part ways." The shocking move comes after a season in which Nolan’s presence increased the team’s ranking in total defense from No. 29 in 2008 to No. 7 in 2009, and improved the Broncos from a Defense-adjusted Value Over Average (DVOA) of 24.7% in 2008 to -7.9% in 2009

McDaniels promotes his younger brother, Ben, to quarterbacks coach. Before being hired by the Broncos last year as an offensive assistant, the 30 year old Ben McDaniels’ coaching experience consisted of 3 years coaching quarterbacks at the high school level in Ohio and 2 years as a graduate assistant at the of Minnesota.

Despite McDaniels stating that he planned to expand Peyton Hillis’ role in the offense in 2010, the popular running back was traded to Cleveland for Brady Quinn.

As anticipated for months, McDaniels trades Pro Bowl wideout Brandon Marshall to Miami for a second round draft pick in 2010 and 2011.

After trading down twice in the first round of the 2010 NFL draft to select Demaryius Thomas (WR, Georgia Tech), McDaniels blows the extra picks Denver accumulated in such trades and shocks the NFL world by moving back into the first round to select former Florida Gators quarterback Tim Tebow.

The Broncos trade cornerback Alphonso Smith to Detroit for the Lions fourth string tight end, Dan Gronkowski. Gronkowski was Detroit’s 7th round (255th overall) pick in 2009.
===================================================

It will never happen because of Lombardi's umbilical cord attachment to Belichick but the Browns should look at Brian Schottenheimer.

Little doubt that this will be some Belichick clone.

This is the exact, specific type of post that is the most valuable.

Seems like McDaniels is the coaching version of Michael Lombardi.

Don't do it. Don't do it Jimmy! Don't do it Banner!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
NRTU,

So Detroit just canned Schwartz too. So hou, wash, det, tb, cle, and minn are open, with oak and tenn probable.

I'm preparing to not get our target again.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

NRTU,

So Detroit just canned Schwartz too. So hou, wash, det, tb, cle, and minn are open.

Doesn't matter, the next HC will fail with no QB. The target should be a QB, then HC.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
What other established coach is going to want to come here .... especially after the circus we are seeing right now?

Is an assistant really advisable after the way things went down with Chud? They could just as easily wind up with "him" again, because an assistant has no real track record of leadership to fall back on. I would expect that they want an experienced guy, though O'Brien is probably their first choice, even if he's never been an NFL head coach. He did a great job under difficult circumstances at Penn State, However, that is college, and the NFL is a whole other matter.

Further, I do not see the Browns being an attractive destination for a coach with options. Why would a coach pick this team, front office, and roster, over another? We have a couple of Pro Bowl players, but we also have a front office perfectly willing to throw the coach under the bus if they see fit to do so.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

NRTU,

So Detroit just canned Schwartz too. So hou, wash, det, tb, cle, and minn are open, with oak and tenn probable.

Who wants to come there except someone desperate for a job. Banner and Lombardi are not going to give up any power so rule out any big name coach right there.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

NRTU,

Who wants to come there except someone desperate for a job. Banner and Lombardi are not going to give up any power so rule out any big name coach right there.

Nobody worth anything. Detroit and Houston are far more attractive, TB may be as well.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

Doesn't matter, the next HC will fail with no QB. The target should be a QB, then HC.

So, you're saying draft a QB, then find a coach after the draft in mid-May that fits the QB? No thank you.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
D
Legend
Legend
D
If they seriously want Josh McDaniels, I may seriously stop paying attention to this team.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
.." We are one seriously sick organization... "
............................................................................................................................

That just about sums it up !
.. Thanks Haslam !

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

I thought you can't contact guys when they are still playing?

They can be contacted between the end of the season and before the playoff games begin, even for teams in the playoffs.

Once a team is bounced from the playoffs, their coaching staff is available to speak with any team that asks.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Ian Rapoport just threw out a name: Broncos OC Adam Gase. Says we've already contacted them.

I would rather have Denvers real OC...... Payton Manning.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Quote:

Quote:

I would rather have Denvers real OC...... Payton Manning.

Yeah, really.

I mean if Manning is coming with him, then let's do it.

Otherwise, that will be a catastrophic failure of a hire. Catastrophic.

And unfortunately, I'm starting to believe he's a strong candidate.

So idiotic.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Really sucks that we are having this conversation again so soon. I mean wow, such ineptitude. Makes me a very sad Browns fan right now.

That said, if I had a chance, I would love to see Adam Gase, OC in Denver come this way. Man is a great mind and deserves a shot. Would do well given our current structure I think and wouldn't require a lot of major control with roster and such given the way Elway runs things in Denver.

KeysDawg

The fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. - Carl Sagan
Legend
Legend
Quote:

link to the presser.

http://www.wkyc.com/videos/news/local/2013/11/05/3311833/

Just finished watching and I came away with two thoughts

1. Haslam doesn't have a good poker face

2. Banner doesn't mind being called one of the three stooges

Beyond that, I gather they are following one of the oldest of business decisions, Hire slow, fire fast.

So now we wait... and we speculate to our hearts content.

Last edited by Damanshot; 12/30/13 02:07 PM.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Crap. Just looked up Charlie Strong's contract. He's signed at Louisville through 2018 at about $4 million per year. That'd be a pretty penny to pry him away.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sbna...candidates.html

Browns rumors: Adam Gase among head coaching candidates

Gase is being considered for the head coaching vacancy in Cleveland after only one season as offensive coordinator of the Broncos.

Adam Gase has been the offensive coordinator for the Denver Broncos for less than a year, but he's already been the subject of head coaching interest, as Mary Kay Cabot of The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the Cleveland Browns are interested in interviewing the young coach.

Latest Mock Draft

Dan Kadar looks ahead to the 2014 NFL Draft following Week 17 and with pick Nos. 1-20 now set in stone.
Gase, 35, was promoted to offensive coordinator from his position as quarterbacks coach after Mike McCoy left to become the head coach of the San Diego Chargers. In his first season at the helm of the Broncos offense, quarterback Peyton Manning had arguably the greatest season of all-time for a quarterback, racking up 5,477 yards passing and 55 touchdown passes, both NFL single-season records.

On Monday, Kyle Montgomery of SB Nation's Broncos blog, Mile High Report, broke down Gase's coaching résumé:
Adam Gase only has one season as an NFL offensive coordinator, but in that one season he helped the Broncos break just about every NFL offensive record in the book. Most of the credit has understandably gone to QB Peyton Manning - and John Elway for creating a team loaded with so much talent - but perhaps Gase is on this list because teams recognize his impact on Denver's offense as well. Gase spent two years as Broncos wide receivers coach then two years as quarterbacks coach before his promotion to offensive coordinator in January 2013, directly coaching the likes of Brandon Marshall, Tim Tebow, and Peyton Manning.

The Browns aren't the only ones that have shown interest either, as the Minnesota Vikings are also reportedly interested in Gase.

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Who's going to be the new HC?

Link Copied to Clipboard