Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
Legend
Legend
Its like the three stooges went to NFL.com, sorted the stat section to see which offense gained the most yards, and the defense that gave up the least yards, and then decided those two should be our top candidates.

Dear God, where do we find these incompetent turd balls and how do they keep finding ways to be managers of this team?

I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
I don't know who will be the next HC, but its my guess that he is fired already. He won't be told until he signs, gets handed a check and shown the door. "NEXT!"

"My signature line goes here."
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Its like the three stooges went to NFL.com, sorted the stat section to see which offense gained the most yards, and the defense that gave up the least yards, and then decided those two should be our top candidates.

Dear God, where do we find these incompetent turd balls and how do they keep finding ways to be managers of this team?

lol if thats the case, me and you can be a freakin' GM. we can probably play with stats on google way better than they can lmaooo.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

If we hire a defensive Coach, I am going to puke.

Cleveland Browns have requested permission to interview Seattle Seahawks DC Dan Quinn, source confirms

By Mary Kay Cabot, Northeast Ohio Media Group
December 30, 2013 at 3:10 PM

BEREA, Ohio -- The Browns have requested permission to interview Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn for their head coaching vacancy, a source confirmed for cleveland.com.

ESPN's Adam Schefter first reported the Browns' interest.

Quinn, 43, presides over a Seahawks defense that allowed the fewest yards (273.6) and points this season 14.4. The Seahawks are tied for eighth in the NFL with 44 sacks.

Quinn, who began his career primarily as a defensive line coach, has also coached with the 49ers, Dolphins, Jets and at the University of Florida.

Quinn joins a growing list of Browns candidates that includes Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels and former Lions coach Jim Schwartz. Cleveland.com reported earlier Monday that the Browns also have interest in Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase.

Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said today that he'll begin the search for Rob Chudzinski's successor immediately and cast a wide net.

He said that the process could last a week or a month, whatever it takes to get it right.

Legend
Legend
Just threw up over this, so throwing it out. The next HC will be an apple polisher who sucks up to whoever hires him. That must be like candy. The control freaks are making sure they are feared. I see a lot of players who deserved a ticket outta town before Chud. I admired that he seemed fair and straightforward and seemed to have respect from players. It stunk; it stinks.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
N
Legend
Legend
N
J/C

I think they regret not getting their college spread guy. I want Briles but think we get Sumlin.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
JC

Jim Donovan just said on the news that he believes this move was made quickly 'cause the front office have their guy in mind already, and want to pursue that individual immediately. He said to maybe expect a head coach signing soon.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

JC

Jim Donovan just said on the news that he believes this move was made quickly 'cause the front office have their guy in mind already, and want to pursue that individual immediately. He said to maybe expect a head coach signing soon.

i'm wondering who? since they just fed us this speech about them going to be looking at different canidates.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My personal 1st choice last year was Zimmer the Bengals DC. But I think he didn't get any consideration because of his age. Still my number one choice this year. I think that he is a 4-3 guy though.

I think the front office has McDaniels #1 and O'Brien #2.

What about Darrell Bevell the OC from Seattle?

Mike Nolan?

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

i'm wondering who? since they just fed us this speech about them going to be looking at different canidates.

yeah, but don't we always get that same speech no matter who's in charge? I think it's a good cover just in case they don't get their guy.

Just like when they missed out on Chip Kelly.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
A good cover? I think they have proven they are not afraid to make unpopular decisions. But yeah, Pitt..................it's a conspiracy theory that they discuss only in the dark.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Raise your hand if you think Horton is angry, gone, or both...

Report: Browns wish to interview Todd Bowles for coaching vacancy

Posted by Mike Wilkening on December 30, 2013, 5:24 PM EST

Getty Images
Another prospective candidate has emerged for the Browns’ head-coaching job.

According to Jason La Canfora of CBS, the Browns are seeking to interview Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles for the opening.

Bowles, 50, oversaw an Arizona defense that finished sixth in yards allowed per game and fourth in yards allowed per play. He was a Browns assistant from 2001 through 2004.

Bowles was the Dolphins’ interim coach to finish the 2011 season after the firing of Tony Sparano. Miami was 2-1 in his three games at the helm.

Cleveland fired Rob Chudzinski on Sunday night after just one season.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I like the Bevell idea a lot. There's a site that compares Bevell with O'Brien - I'm not sure if it is ok or not so I didn't include it. I'd consider Bevell 100 times before considering Quinn (Seattle DC) - Quinn took over a defense that was already really solid from Gus Bradley. How good is he when he had gold to start with?

Bevell has had a rotating OL, and has had his top 2 WRs out for pretty much the whole season, and has adjusted the offense to fit Wilson. What he did last year was masterful - he kept the offense simple enough for a rookie to understand and grow in, while not being predictable, and kept adding more each week... The D was expected to be pretty good, the offense wasn't - Seattle was one of the surprises of the league last year, and a lot can be attributed to Bevell in my opinion.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Banner and Lombardi are both power hungry. They will hire a pet like Holmgren did hiring Shurmer.

I think McDaniels is their top choice. That way they can control every single move within the francise.

This is simply the worst front office in professional sports.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Getty Images

According to Jason La Canfora of CBS, the Browns are seeking to interview Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles for the opening.

Bowles, 50, oversaw an Arizona defense that finished sixth in yards allowed per game and fourth in yards allowed per play. He was a Browns assistant from 2001 through 2004.

Bowles was the Dolphins’ interim coach to finish the 2011 season after the firing of Tony Sparano. Miami was 2-1 in his three games at the helm.

lol if thats true, that has to be the biggest slap in the face. wow.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

JC

Norv is my guess.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Wow. That tells us what they think of Horton.

Oh my...........the drama never ends around here.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

A good cover? I think they have proven they are not afraid to make unpopular decisions. But yeah, Pitt..................it's a conspiracy theory that they discuss only in the dark.

nah. It's common practice. You don't think they have one or two top candidates? Really? You think they're that lost?

But what if they don't get one of the two? They move down the list. This isn't a conspiracy theory or rocket science.

You actually believe that Chud was one of their top picks going into last years coaching selection? If you do I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
I would love for Horton to be the coach.

I feel bad for the guy. Apparently, he didn't get the memo that Cleveland is where careers come to an end.

In one year in Cleveland, he went from a hot coordinator and potential HC, to his replacement in Arizona getting interviews instead of him.

If I was a player or coach I would stay as far away from Cleveland as possible. It's where careers end. It just is.

Something in the water ... in the air ... under the ground ... whatever it is, its power eclipses that of any group of individuals.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Sorry but coaches continue after they are fired by the Browns.

Crennel, Shurmur, Rob Ryan, Chud, Daboll, Heckert, the list goes on but all of them were retained at the positions they had here with different organizations. *Minus Shurmur getting a normal downgrade back to OC (And technically Chud got bumped up to HC when he came here).

Last edited by Kingcob; 12/30/13 08:31 PM.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

Getty Images

lol if thats true, that has to be the biggest slap in the face. wow.

Actually, the biggest slap in the face is the defense that Horton guided the Browns to this season.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Wow. That tells us what they think of Horton.

Oh my...........the drama never ends around here.

It can't be half as bad as what I think of Horton's coaching abilities.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

If I was a player or coach I would stay as far away from Cleveland as possible. It's where careers end. It just is.

And yet... Pat Shurmur, yes, THAT Pat Shurmur will be in the playoffs this season as the Philly OC.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Just a general reply.
So, not only did they fire the Coach, someone mentions they Cut Greg Little.
Is that so?
I don't know why anyone would root for the Browns. There is absolutely nothing on this team that lasts more than 18 months, since 2006.
If they cut Little, this is why they lose every year, year in and year out, and lose so many games while having a losing record.
Where would you put little on this team? 2nd best Wideout. You need 5 serviceable wideouts, and they had 2, and 3 halves.
Yet if they would cut Little. It's not that they would cut little after they signed a free agent or draft pick that clearly is an upgrade on him. No they just cut anyone on the team who has yet produced or has any potential. And they do this same thing every year, year in and year out.\
It's no wonder that they lose. They don't try to keep anything that resembles team togetherness for even the short run, let alone the long run.

How can I liken my experience with how I feel about the Browns. It 'd be like this.
You have a family member you love, yet they destroy themselves with bad decisions, drugs alcohol, wasted money. ( That's losing 99-2005.) Then after lots of interventions, and counseling, they finally start down the straight and narrow, yet their life is still a mess because it's just beginning to clean up. They have finally learned some lessons from the losing ways and bad decisions they've made. ( This would be the regime of Holmgren and Heckert)
Then just when things look positive in the least, some love interest, of that family member, dominates that family members time, and all but kidnaps that person, marginalizing them away from your family so you have no contact, and brings them back into a world of drugs, alcohol, wasted money.
And that new love interest, is a novice, who has learned none of the lessons that you and that loved family member have learned over several years.
You have to sit back and watch that love interest learn these same lessons, by destroying their own life and dragging your beloved family member through the same destructive patterns.

And this is everything since Haslem bought the team. Haslem all but said that he knew nothing about football. I gather he knows as much about football as the average Browns fan knows about field hockey.
So he's hanging out with those bad influences, Banner and Lombardi, listening to everything they have to say, buying their line of bull; and I have to watch as the Browns suffer through however many more years in the Muck! and Mire of 11 or 12 loss seasons.
All the while hoping they will learn the lessons, the same lessons that all of us Browns fans watched this team learn through the years, from the Crennell years, the Mangini time, on back to Robiskie finishing up for Davis.

But hey! This Browns offense has (been bad) since 1989! And all the while they cut major contributors to that offense, every single season, instead of developing those contributors into something more than they already were.

So IF, they cut Greg Little, well, you're never gonna get past square 1, if you insist on regressing back to square zero, so you can spend all your effort to reach square 1 again; Then wonder why square 1 didn't win you a championship, or a division, while other teams actually improved.
Good grief.
I don't care who the next coach is. I guess I should care.
I kind of want to care. But I do not Yet care.
If this analogy, or my opinion has you hating me, well things just aren't always cake and ice cream.

Last edited by THROW LONG; 12/30/13 08:54 PM.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
O
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
O
He He... there is some mid holiday ranting going on.

Where are we at?

Tier 1 Young cool hip and trendy
Quinn
Gase
McDaniels
Bevell

Tier 1A
O'Brien

Tier 2 Possible Veterans
Lovie
Schwartz (are you serious?)
Leslie Fraser

Tier 3 Chucky/Cower
Chucky
Cower

Tier 4 Out of Nowhere
Billick
Whesenhumt

Tier 5 College Coaches
Banner not a college guy.

You just get the feeling that Jimmy looked down on the field at Chud and shook his head

NO and that was it. Chud deserved better, but all pro coaches know this is how the game works. His family is financially secure. It is over a billion dollar business. If the owner realizes that his CEO might not have all the tools, and not be ready right now, then... he isn't ready.

Chud wasn't ready.
All the best Chud.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Banner and Lombardi are both power hungry. They will hire a pet like Holmgren did hiring Shurmer.

I think McDaniels is their top choice. That way they can control every single move within the francise.

Are you saying they are the worst because of what you THINK they'll do, or because of what the HAVE done?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
I don't know about Banner not being a college guy, he tried to hire Kelly last year.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
I just checked everywhere I could find on the web and no mention of him being cut at all.

May be just a rumor..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Quote:

Are you saying they are the worst because of what you THINK they'll do, or because of what the HAVE done?

Lets look at what the 3 blind mice have done since taking over,

1) Replaced one of the best GM's we have had in Cleveland (Heckert) with one of the worst GM's in the history of the NFL. I guess 2 blind mice had to add a third.

2) Cut over half the free agents they signed.

3) The fiasco of holding a tryout for kicker 5 days before the 1st game. This is not an inurmaral league it is the NFL.

4) Signed every UDFA they could get their hands on instead of veterans.

5) Traded Trent Richardson 2 games into a season without a proven back up. Theygot good value but the bottom line is they were not prepared.

6) Fired a coach they hired less than a year after he was hired.

I also fear what they will be doing next. Lets face it Haslam is a crook, Banner rode the coat tails of Andy Reid and Tom Heckert. Lombardi has a long track record of failures dating back to the 1980's.

Do I need to go on?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Don't forget the difficulty they had putting on a "pep-rally/concert" event to start off their inaugural season.... If you can't get the small things right, how the hell are you going to get the big things done?

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I just checked everywhere I could find on the web and no mention of him being cut at all.

May be just a rumor..

Way to ruin a perfectly good rant!

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Nrtu

Gase declined to interview with browns at this point

web page

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Lets look at what the 3 blind mice have done since taking over,

1) Replaced one of the best GM's we have had in Cleveland (Heckert) with one of the worst GM's in the history of the NFL. I guess 2 blind mice had to add a third.

2) Cut over half the free agents they signed.

3) The fiasco of holding a tryout for kicker 5 days before the 1st game. This is not an inurmaral league it is the NFL.

4) Signed every UDFA they could get their hands on instead of veterans.

5) Traded Trent Richardson 2 games into a season without a proven back up. Theygot good value but the bottom line is they were not prepared.

6) Fired a coach they hired less than a year after he was hired.

I also fear what they will be doing next. Lets face it Haslam is a crook, Banner rode the coat tails of Andy Reid and Tom Heckert. Lombardi has a long track record of failures dating back to the 1980's.

Do I need to go on?

I wasn't trying to start an argument with you..

1. I think Heckart did a decent job and I admit to wanting Banner to retain him at the time, but the proof that he was any good just isn't panning out. Look around. He got us some good players. But not enough of them.

2 Most of them needed cut. We weren't winning so what was the loss?

3. I'm not sure why you would argue with try outs for kickers. They should be looking at guys all the time. I find no fault in that. by the way, our kickers weren't Phil Dawson, but then they at least manned the positions well. They weren't the problem.

4. Again, What was the problem with that. They got Dez Bryant who did a decent job, they got Paul Kruger who was decent (perhaps not all they wanted him to be), they got Devon Bess and that looked like an excellent signing on paper, I don't blame them. But Bess didn't produce. He had up to that point so I don't find fault with the FO for going after him.

5. And what has Trich done since being traded to a decent team with a star QB? Nothing. I'm glad they got what the got for him. They didn't have a proven back and you are correct about that, but you have to think about how hard it would have been to get a 1st round pick for TRich after this season. As for the money talk, they owe Chud something like 9 million on his contract. I'm sure they owe millions to the other coaches that may or may not be here. Money had nothing to do with trading Richardson, performance did. Or should I say, his lack of performance.

6. We agree on that one. I don't think it was a good move at all. In fact, I think it was stupid

Haslam hasn't been indicted or found guilty of anything. Before you say he's guilty, perhaps you should wait until it's proven. Banner is probably a very smart guy, but I think like you that he got credit for things in Philly that he didn't do. Lombardi wasn't' my first choice as a GM either.

Up until this move to fire Chud, I was thinking maybe we had a decent FO. The only thing that's happened to make me question that was the Chud firing.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Denver Broncos OC Adam Gase declines chance to interview with Cleveland Browns

Is anyone surprised by this? It's going to be damned hard to get quality candidates to interview for this job.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

May be just a rumor..

Way to ruin a perfectly good rant!

LOL,, well, I didn't think we were allowed to post rumors so I decided to check out to see if there is any truth to it. I've not found any.

That's not to say it isn't true, I just haven't confirmed it..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
1. Heckert drafted Richardson and Weeden. He was a pretty good GM until that moment when he became a horrible GM.
2. Cutting a TE who can't catch and two low quality CBs? What a travesty.
3. Oh yes how dare they not take the kicking position seriously. We all know Cundiff was nightmarishly awful this season, that really blew up in their faces. Do I really need purple for that?
4. Yeah like when they signed McGahee, Kruger, Bryant, Bess, Campbell, Hoyer. Your point couldn't be more valid.
5. Great trade in terms of value but I agree McGahee /Oggy / Rainey didn't work out.
6. So what?

People have a tendency to make a big deal out of nothing.

Give the FO 2-3 years to try and find a starting caliber QB. If they can't do it I will join you all on the lynching parade. The rest of this crap does not matter.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Denver Broncos OC Adam Gase declines chance to interview with Cleveland Browns

Is anyone surprised by this? It's going to be damned hard to get quality candidates to interview for this job.

He's smart to decline. He's got a QB there that will make him even more valuable over the years.. and just like others on here were saying, what has he really done.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
The sad part of it is that he is not allowed to interview with us, as his team is still in the POs, at least that's how I remember being the rules or am I wrong?

So, the sad part is that he declines before we can even consider or ask him, like "don't even call me guys"

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

You guys realize that he is saying he won't interview with anyone right until after the season??..but please don't let facts get in the way of a pissing match...lol.

I get that we are all upset but it does no good to put partial facts on the board.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

The sad part of it is that he is not allowed to interview with us, as his team is still in the POs, at least that's how I remember being the rules or am I wrong?

So, the sad part is that he declines before we can even consider or ask him, like "don't even call me guys"

His team is on a bye so he can interview this week if he wants

<><

#gmstrong
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Who's going to be the new HC?

Link Copied to Clipboard