Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
R
Legend
Legend
R
Looks like Knowles might be turning us down too.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

And what has Trich done since being traded to a decent team with a star QB?

What did he do last year as a rookie under Shurmur? Almost 1000 yrds and 12 touchdowns with 51 receptions. And he was hurt. Indy wasn't set up for a power running game. None of their backs did well this season. You watch, they'll draft a couple road grader guards and next year we'll see if Richardson was worth what they paid. Everyone wrote off Marshawn Lynch and Seattle got a steal. Trent was getting 3.4 yards per carry when we traded him. They replaced him with Mcslowly and his stunning 2.4 ypc. Ouch!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

You guys realize that he is saying he won't interview with anyone right until after the season??..but please don't let facts get in the way of a pissing match...lol.

I get that we are all upset but it does no good to put partial facts on the board.

don't you understand, no coach or player will ever come here again, all of our players are asking for trades and the beer vendors are leaving, (which is the real problem imo)

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

You guys realize that he is saying he won't interview with anyone right until after the season??..but please don't let facts get in the way of a pissing match...lol.

I get that we are all upset but it does no good to put partial facts on the board.

My bad. I took the quoted one liner as a factual statement, but it was a misleading headline to promote clicks by MKC

Here's the whole thing:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ss..._medium=twitter

Denver Broncos OC Adam Gase declines chance to interview with Cleveland Browns

BEREA, Ohio -- Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase turned down a a chance to interview for the Browns head coaching vacancy, saying he wants to focus on the playoffs.

"I'm appreciative of the interest I've received, but I've decided to postpone any potential opportunities until after our season concludes," Gase told the Denver Post. "My complete focus is helping our team prepare for our divisional playoff game."

Gase, 35, was one of three NFL coaches the Browns sought permission Monday to interview as possible replacements for Rob Chudzinski, who was fired after his inaugural 4-12 season.

The others are Seattle defensive coordinator Dan Quinn and Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels.

Gase, the Broncos' first-year offensive coordinator, coached Peyton Manning to an NFL-record 606 points and 55 touchdown passes this season.

But Gase, 35, doesn't want to get distracted from working with Manning and the Broncos on their chance for a special ending.

Gase discussed his decision with head of football operations John Elway and head coach John Fox, and decided to remain with the Broncos, at least for now.

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

don't you understand, no coach or player will ever come here again, all of our players are asking for trades and the beer vendors are leaving, (which is the real problem imo)

bottlegate was way more exciting, TBH.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Just my opinion...but I would consider a coordinator interviewing for jobs during his playoff bye week to be incredibly irresponsible. I can't believe that is even a thing some choose to do.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

bottlegate was way more exciting, TBH.

add 10 cent beer night

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

JC

Jim Donovan just said on the news that he believes this move was made quickly 'cause the front office have their guy in mind already, and want to pursue that individual immediately. He said to maybe expect a head coach signing soon.

i'm wondering who? since they just fed us this speech about them going to be looking at different canidates.

The last time around, we had an opening at GM ..... and rumors abounded about a certain person who (used to) work for NFL Network named Michael Lombardi.

The team made all kinds of pretend interviews with other supposed candidates ....... and wound up with the guy they were linked to all along.

Now, the following year, we again have an opening at head coach, and the name we are most linked to is Josh McDaniels.No one should be surprised if he is our guy.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
JC

I have a real problem with the mentality that because we were close on a few games that the talent is good through out the team.

We lost in the later quarters because this team has ZERO quality depth. None. Zilch. NADA.

Starters are winded and tired by the 4th quarter because they had no choice but to play them, too much, to be competitive.

No starting QB, no starting HB, and for half the season we didn't even have 2nd string QB or HB. By some miracle our 3rd string QB got us a few wins. Haden goes down, Skrine goes down, ward goes down, our main weapon Gordon gets the flu right before the game. Yeah we lost to Pittsburgh. Reading the injury report did anyone expect us to compete in that last game. GET REAL!

The TRUTH is that Chud got this team to over perform. They played their hearts out. Yeah maybe at the end of an injury riddled losing season the last few games were bleh. That happens to any team.

This crap stinks! These players are not young forever. They need to be in the same system for multiple years or you might as well put a crap group of free agents together. Building through the draft doesn't work if the players don't get to stay in a system long enough for it to be instinctual.

Who is going to surpass Turner as a OC? Not someone willing to come to an organization run this way that's for damn sure. Horton is a top notch DC running a PROVEN defense. I don't see anyway to improve on him with people willing to come HERE.

For that matter what PROVEN HC is going to want to come join a team with a front office run this way. None. So we will have some rookie HC they will say is full of promise, and potential. But wait ... they have just proven they don't have the patience to let a rookie HC develop.

I really see very little hope for the future due to the atrocious way the organization is being managed.

The only two scenarios I see that would give us hope is:

1) Norv gets promoted to HC and we keep Horton as DC. Offense is always harder to learn and always takes more time.

2) I read the Chin is in town. I think he is the kind of coach Haslem wants. Horten would play for him. He has always been flexible enough to use different styles of offense so he might even keep Norv.

I don't see any available coaches out there that would have gotten more than what Chud got out of our team out there. Losing Turner as OC is a VERY severe blow.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I read the Chin is in town.

is he house hunting?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Who's going to be the new HC?

Does it really matter? Banner and Lombardi will screw up the draft and the new guy won't last more than 2 years

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
You see that's why The Chin would be a great pick up. Our owner has a history with him from being at pitts so if he was our HC it's the GM's that would be gone I can promise you that.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I would not want to be any of the three amigos once The Chin was done with them. If they thought the presser was bad, that would be nothing to what The Chin would tell them.

And they deserve it.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Quote:

2) I read the Chin is in town. I think he is the kind of coach Haslem wants. Horten would play for him. He has always been flexible enough to use different styles of offense so he might even keep Norv.

There is no way under the sun Cowher would ever consider coach here under this mess.

For starters, Cowher laughs at our dysfunction...

Second, The ONLY way you may have a shot at convincing Cowher to come here is if you give him final say/Full control on the roster AND he is allowed to bring his buddy (Omar Khan) out of the Steelers FO to be made GM, which means Lombardi and Banner both would most likely be out....thats not gonna happen....

To be honest with you, I think this search comes down to "who is dumb enough to take the job"...honestly...from the outside looking in, any guy looking to get his 1st head coaching gig is going to go elsewhere 1st before considering us.....look how many coaches we have gone through the last few years....every coach fired in the AFC noth in the last 5 years have been Browns head coaches...thats insane....

I just don't think this is looking good at all...We were lucky Chud took the job....because he was the best candidate we had that was willing to accept the offer....now we are probably going to be stuck with someone who is worse then Chud was barring a complete miracle.

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Quote:

You see that's why The Chin would be a great pick up. Our owner has a history with him from being at pitts so if he was our HC it's the GM's that would be gone I can promise you that.

Cowher has no history with Haslam. Cowher left the Steelers organization a year before Haslam bought in as a minority owner.

Cowher probably only knows who Haslam is because he saw on TV that he bought the Browns!

Legend
Legend
I like Bill but he is not the answer to our problems.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Gase just scratched himself off the list even IF the job is still open after Denver's run ends; Banner's ego doesn't mess around like that.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Quote:

Gase just scratched himself off the list even IF the job is still open after Denver's run ends; Banner's ego doesn't mess around like that.

Addition by subtraction there.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I read reports of Little working hard in camp, but did you watch him in the games?

Yesterday, he was walking on and off the field every freaking time. His route running was extremely lazy. His body language screamed "I Quit!"

And Gordon's was worse. Of course, we can't mention that because Gordon is "better than Jerry Rice" in these parts.

I was listening to the Steelers broadcast because I was driving home during the second half. They were saying there was something wrong with him and one of the commentators said "he pulled the muscle between his ears".

Couldn't have been more fitting.

Gordon got dinged early in the game... I don't know what he did but he got up slowly multiple times, there were a number of big 3rd down plays when he wasn't on the field.. I have no idea what was going on but something was up with him and I don't think it was all mental. He was moving slowly and gingerly on the sidelines but I couldn't tell what he was favoring...

yebat' Putin
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Josh has been hurting the past few days. And he also has the running style that makes it look like he's not trying hard. Even against Talib it didn't look like he was trying hard at all.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Actually Haslam and the Chin have met several times. He has even used him as a consultant back to at least when he was information gathering about who to make his right hand man. Don't know the specifics other than that. Just saying Haslam has a huge respect for the Chin.

Concerning Gordon, he was playing while sick with the flu. It's a miracle he was able to run at all. That's why its bs to say those guys weren't trying to win for their coach. We just have a ceo that likes to throw his workers under the bus. Just ask his customers and board members. I hope he rots in jail.

Legend
Legend
Josh also appeared to hurt his hand at one point in the game.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
Legend
Legend
M
jc

Is David Shaw available?

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

Does anybody (perhaps outside of Lombardi) really want McDaniels, particularly after that "mess" with Cutler?

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
V
Legend
Legend
V
I wouldn't mind McDaniels, but I doubt he would want to come here. I think he is a very bright young coach who will wait for the right opportunity. As in---a safer opportunity.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

I wouldn't mind McDaniels, but I doubt he would want to come here. I think he is a very bright young coach who will wait for the right opportunity. As in---a safer opportunity.

i'm good. we don't need tebow starting for the browns.

we ripped our FO for picking weeden 22nd.

he pick tebow, what, 25th?

nah, good on that.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Quote:

I too like McDaniels. Numbers state HC's who get a second attempt have a high probability succeeding. Not that should be a deciding factor! Some coaches have crashed and burn.

Lombardi has connections via Belichick with McDaniels. One other component, Josh worked with Hoyer in New England. IF Josh feels Hoyer is valid option, the QB question may not be an issue.

I think it will all boil down to whether Lombardi and McDaniels can work together, and whether Josh can put together a workable staff.

Legend
Legend
'Browns pushing to set up interview with Josh McDaniels'

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...partner=ya5nbcs

Posted by Darin Gantt on December 30, 2013, 3:52 PM EST

As soon as the Browns had an opening, people began linking Josh McDaniels with the job, based on his relationship with Browns General Manager Mike Lombardi.

Now there’s some fire to go with that smoke, as Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network reports the Browns are “pushing” to interview the Patriots offensive coordinator for their vacant head coaching job.

Nothing has been set up at this point, just as there are no rumors yet about a Ryan Mallett package deal (though that’s probably inevitable, as the Tim Tebow reports will be).

The Browns have also asked permission to interview Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase and Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn, after firing a young coordinator one year into the job (Rob Chudzinski).

(end)

M
Legend
Legend
M
Personally, not thrilled one iota with this coaching prospect. However, it is my opinion that he is the clear front runner.

Tackles are tackles.
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Personally, not thrilled one iota with this coaching prospect. However, it is my opinion that he is the clear front runner.

there's no way this guy is the top coaching candidate. are fans the only ones that paid attention to that fiasco he had going on in denver?

and we want that guy HERE?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Link

Kiszla: It's time to thank Josh McDaniels for Broncos' 2010 draft
By Mark Kiszla
The Denver Post

HONOLULU — In Broncos Country, there are two constants: 1) Orange sunsets. 2) An unrelenting, visceral dislike for former coach Josh McDaniels.

He's called Coach McHoodie, not to mention other disrespectful words far too unfit for print.

But, as young Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas and promising Denver guard Zane Beadles trotted on the field Sunday for the Pro Bowl, an honest man would also have to call McDaniels something else:

McD is a major reason why veteran quarterback Peyton Manning and the Broncos have a legitimate shot at winning a Super Bowl during the next three years.

Maybe that explains why, on an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, I discovered at least one man who doesn't abhor McDaniels.

"I like him," Thomas said of McDaniels. "He gave me a chance in the NFL. He took me in the first round. And, if he didn't, I might not be where I am today, at the Pro Bowl."

No disrespect to Mike Shanahan or John Elway, the past and present architects of Broncos football, but for my money, the best Denver draft class of the past decade was put together in 2010 by McDaniels.

That's the year the team landed four quality NFL starters: Eric Decker, J.D. Walton, Beadles and Thomas. Oh, yeah. There was one other guy from that 2010 draft class you might have heard about: Tim Tebow.

Whether this was the top collection of rookie talent Denver has assembled in the past 10 years is, of course, open to debate. Elway loyalists might prefer his 2011 selections of linebacker Von Miller, safety Rahim Moore and offensive tackle Orlando Franklin. Shanahan did make an impressive haul of talent in 2006, when he grabbed quarterback Jay Cutler, receiver Brandon Marshall and pass rusher Elvis Dumervil.

There's really no argument: Great teams built to last in the NFL are built in the draft. McDaniels never figured out how to treat players like adults. He forced a proud organization to take an unnecessary hit to its reputation with a video scandal that hastened his departure. If nothing else, the Broncos are far more stable and professional with John Fox as coach.

Among the aspects of this Denver team that the front office likes best, however, is the healthy mix of veteran leadership and youthful athleticism. The savvy insight of future Hall of Famers Champ Bailey and Manning is balanced by the physical impact of Thomas and Beadles.

"I think we definitely take pride in our draft class," Beadles said. "What we've been through just in our three years in the league is more than a lot of players have experienced. There was a change of coaching staff, two changes at quarterback and going from a 4-12 season to a 13-3 record this year. I think all that has made us pretty close as a draft class. We're all getting better as players. And I hope we all can be in the NFL for a long while."

Is it crazy to believe that how rapidly Denver matures as a championship contender depends as much or more on the continued growth of players such as Beadles and Decker rather than the solid work of 30-somethings such as Manning and Bailey?

The name of McDaniels will forever be mud in Broncos Country.

"But he did a good job with that draft," Thomas said.

And the Class of 2010 is not finished making a name for itself.

"I always thought I could be one of the best receivers in the game," Thomas said. "But I think Decker can make the Pro Bowl too. We'll get him here. We'll come to the game together."

Broncomaniacs might never forgive McDaniels.

But here are two words maybe you never imagined anybody in Denver would ever say to McDaniels:

Thank you.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
This FO should be very cautious picking someone like MCD, considering the mess he made in Denver. I want a winner. Too bad we can't have Urban Meyer.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Link

Kiszla: It's time to thank Josh McDaniels for Broncos' 2010 draft
By Mark Kiszla
The Denver Post

HONOLULU — In Broncos Country, there are two constants: 1) Orange sunsets. 2) An unrelenting, visceral dislike for former coach Josh McDaniels.

He's called Coach McHoodie, not to mention other disrespectful words far too unfit for print.

But, as young Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas and promising Denver guard Zane Beadles trotted on the field Sunday for the Pro Bowl, an honest man would also have to call McDaniels something else:

McD is a major reason why veteran quarterback Peyton Manning and the Broncos have a legitimate shot at winning a Super Bowl during the next three years.

Maybe that explains why, on an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, I discovered at least one man who doesn't abhor McDaniels.

"I like him," Thomas said of McDaniels. "He gave me a chance in the NFL. He took me in the first round. And, if he didn't, I might not be where I am today, at the Pro Bowl."

No disrespect to Mike Shanahan or John Elway, the past and present architects of Broncos football, but for my money, the best Denver draft class of the past decade was put together in 2010 by McDaniels.

That's the year the team landed four quality NFL starters: Eric Decker, J.D. Walton, Beadles and Thomas. Oh, yeah. There was one other guy from that 2010 draft class you might have heard about: Tim Tebow.

Whether this was the top collection of rookie talent Denver has assembled in the past 10 years is, of course, open to debate. Elway loyalists might prefer his 2011 selections of linebacker Von Miller, safety Rahim Moore and offensive tackle Orlando Franklin. Shanahan did make an impressive haul of talent in 2006, when he grabbed quarterback Jay Cutler, receiver Brandon Marshall and pass rusher Elvis Dumervil.

There's really no argument: Great teams built to last in the NFL are built in the draft. McDaniels never figured out how to treat players like adults. He forced a proud organization to take an unnecessary hit to its reputation with a video scandal that hastened his departure. If nothing else, the Broncos are far more stable and professional with John Fox as coach.

Among the aspects of this Denver team that the front office likes best, however, is the healthy mix of veteran leadership and youthful athleticism. The savvy insight of future Hall of Famers Champ Bailey and Manning is balanced by the physical impact of Thomas and Beadles.

"I think we definitely take pride in our draft class," Beadles said. "What we've been through just in our three years in the league is more than a lot of players have experienced. There was a change of coaching staff, two changes at quarterback and going from a 4-12 season to a 13-3 record this year. I think all that has made us pretty close as a draft class. We're all getting better as players. And I hope we all can be in the NFL for a long while."

Is it crazy to believe that how rapidly Denver matures as a championship contender depends as much or more on the continued growth of players such as Beadles and Decker rather than the solid work of 30-somethings such as Manning and Bailey?

The name of McDaniels will forever be mud in Broncos Country.

"But he did a good job with that draft," Thomas said.

And the Class of 2010 is not finished making a name for itself.

"I always thought I could be one of the best receivers in the game," Thomas said. "But I think Decker can make the Pro Bowl too. We'll get him here. We'll come to the game together."

Broncomaniacs might never forgive McDaniels.

But here are two words maybe you never imagined anybody in Denver would ever say to McDaniels:

Thank you.

awesome draft. now, how did those players do while he was coaching?

the trades he made, etc.

alex mack is probably thanking mangini too. doesn't mean he had anything to do with him going to the pro bowl right now.

- Theodore Roosevelt
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
McDaniels ran wild in Denver. I don't think he's have that same opportunity here. As in, if he came here he'd be in check by Banner.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

McDaniels ran wild in Denver. I don't think he's have that same opportunity here. As in, if he came here he'd be in check by Banner.

yea? thats true. i'm wondering though, besides QB, whats going to be the focus on the off-season players IF mcdaniels is indeed our HC.

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
That article is hilarious. It's as if the author missed that Thomas's and Decker's great seasons in 2012 and 2013 coincide with playing with the greatest QB in modern NFL history (who's success, according to some, is apparently due to the stellar coaching work of Adam Gase).

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

yea? thats true. i'm wondering though, besides QB, whats going to be the focus on the off-season players IF mcdaniels is indeed our HC.

I'm not saying we should hire him, but he's an offensive coach. He took a garbage team to an 8-8 record. He was dealing with Brandon Marshal who had a myriad of mental health issues back then. His one Major Gaff was falling in love with Tebow, I doubt he'd get away with that here, now.

Even with that said. Look at the draft from that year (the year he got fired), those were some good players....

WR: Demaryius Thomas, Georgia Tech

QB: Tim Tebow, Florida

Guard: Zane Beadles, Utah

Center: J.D. Walton, Baylor

WR: Eric Decker, Minnesota

CB: Parrish Cox, Oklahoma State

Center: Eric Olsen, Notre Dame

CB: Syd'Quan Thompson, California

LB/DE: Jammie Kirlew, Indiana

Not saying he's a "Great" candidate, but in my mind, he's an offensive guy (which IMO you need), he's young and aside from one really bad year and situation in Denver has done pretty well.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Agreed. The biggest question with Josh is has he grown up? He was a 32 year old who was mentored under two hard butts in Sabin and BB, and he thought he would run it the same way.....big time mistake. He does have some positives though. As the article alluded to he has a good eye for talent the Tebow reach aside. He is also a pretty creative play caller who has made the most of the depleted cast the Pats have this year.

My biggest question/concern is twofold....has he grown up??.... And did he learn from the previous mistakes?? It's up to the FO to answer those, but if he has he could be a very good coach.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Id take a package deal for him and Tebow yesterday....

Say what you want about Tebow but the kid is a winner and finds ways to do so.

#brownsgoodkarma
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My problem is that Haslam and Banner are attached at the hip ..

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Who's going to be the new HC?

Link Copied to Clipboard