Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
Legend
Legend
I don't mean to say Josh McDaniels = Pat Shurmur.

To me, McDaniels is far more competent than that dim bulb Shurmur ever was. I just think this whole "search" stinks a lot like the Shurmur hire did. Making a thinly-veiled attempt to give the appearance of exhausting all the candidates to produce, well, kind of a turd.

A pre-determined turd.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Just read this from Mary Kay...

CLEVELAND, Ohio - The Browns are very interested in Auburn coach Gus Malzahn and Vanderbilt coach James Franklin for their head coaching vacancy, and are expected to hire fired Lions coach Jim Schwartz as defensive coordinator, league sources have told CBS Sports' Jason LaCanfora.

All are clients of super-agent Jimmy Sexton, who also represents Browns candidate Josh McDaniels, the offensive coordinator of the New England Patriots whom the Browns have received permission to interview.

Sexton has strong ties to Browns general manager Mike Lombardi dating back to Lombardi's first stint with the Browns in the early 1990s.

Don't tell me we got another freaking Holmgren thing where its the agent and not candidate....not written here but Jimmy Sexton is from Tennessee and supposedly a good friend of Haslam as well.

Oh linky dink:
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/01/cleveland_browns_interested_in.html

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
O
Legend
Legend
O
Well you go shopping where you trust the food I guess...

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
According to Grossi's article this weekend this type of agent tree isn't as rare as one would think it would be in the NFL. I was shocked if it is indeed true (aka grain of salt with Grossi).............why would an FO limit itself to candidates based on agents??? I would love to hear anyone's rational opinion on this because I'm not sure I've go a good one...lol.

The only thing I can think of is the agent acts as a "union" of sorts. This way when a FO type like Lombardi gets hired it gives his agent's clients jobs, and insures they stay in the league a little longer. Conversely, when a new CEO like Banner gets hired (and I believe he is a Sexton guy as well) then Mikey Boy is on the short list to get back in the league do to his ties to Sexton and the fact that he scratched Sexton's back at previous stops.

This way guys get opportunity after opportunity to make it in the league because of the agent good old boy network............it's just a theory but is the only somewhat rational thing I came up with to explain why an FO would severely limit it's pool of potentials like that.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Quote:

Crazy to me that Josh McDaniels is considered a candidate for head coaching position. Based upon what? Cronyism in the first degree.

I see no report showing McDaniels being considered by any other team??

*cough* Pat Shurmur *cough*

With regards to McDaniels and Shurmur (at the time), what's concerning to me as well is that no other teams around the league are/were interviewing these guys.

Same could be said for Chudzinski, or Mangini. Hell, come to think of it, has the Browns organization hired any coach since 1999 that other organizations were interviewing that same year as a candidate? Crennel?

As for McDaniels, I think it begs the question that if all reports are true indicating he's such a brilliant, young mind and Brady gives him the utmost praise than surely teams should be lining up to interview the guy. No?

In the end, I think whomever we hire is going to have to sell himself to Haslem. I have a feeling Banner and Lombardi will be on a shorter leash moving forward.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

According to Grossi's article this weekend this type of agent tree isn't as rare as one would think it would be in the NFL. I was shocked if it is indeed true (aka grain of salt with Grossi).............why would an FO limit itself to candidates based on agents??? I would love to hear anyone's rational opinion on this because I'm not sure I've go a good one...lol.

The only thing I can think of is the agent acts as a "union" of sorts. This way when a FO type like Lombardi gets hired it gives his agent's clients jobs, and insures they stay in the league a little longer. Conversely, when a new CEO like Banner gets hired (and I believe he is a Sexton guy as well) then Mikey Boy is on the short list to get back in the league do to his ties to Sexton and the fact that he scratched Sexton's back at previous stops.

This way guys get opportunity after opportunity to make it in the league because of the agent good old boy network............it's just a theory but is the only somewhat rational thing I came up with to explain why an FO would severely limit it's pool of potentials like that.

And the agent probably offers a kick-back to the guys doing the hiring.... e.g., if Banner has Sexton as his agent, Sexton collected a portion of Banner's contract when he signed. Sexton could then offer Banner a discount on future deals, or a flat kick-back, if he hires Sexton clients for other jobs as that puts even more money into Sexton's pocket.

And what you then have is the guys running the show effectively bilking the franchise for their own gains.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
I cannot believe how ridiculous it is to hire a defensive coordinator before hiring a head coach. Are you *freaking* kidding me. All that says to me is that either 1) this whole thing is a charade and they already know who they're getting as HC (read: McDaniels) or 2) the president/GM want a coach who is a "yes sir/no sir" type... exactly what we saw from Chudzinski when he was hired. If it's case 2, it's going to be awkward *again* when the media is asking the coach to explain personnel decisions and the HC will have to try to interpret the moves of the FO on the fly.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Grossi also noted, that this only happens if an organization allows it to happen. He also pointed out that successful franchises like the Giants, Ravens, Packers Steelers etc. do not have such "gentleman agreements" where agents wield such influence.

As far as Schwartz possibly being hired as DC before the coach is announced is completely lame. Get this dog and pony show over with already if that's the case.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I really like Gus Malzahn and Franklin. Gase is another hot guy.

Malzahn really showed that he knows how to game plan for a team last night. That was incredible. Both offensively and defensively, he zeroed in on Fl. State's weaknesses and exploited them.

Franklin is very bright and a great motivator. I just read that he might go to Penn State, though. Additionally, Vandy's AD said he would fight to keep him, including upgrading the team's facilities. The Browns have been trying to get him to interview, but haven't landed an interview yet. The Skins were supposed to interview him this week, but that may change. Darn.

Gase was hand-picked by Manning to be his OC this year because Peyton respected the guy's football intelligence. He replaced Mike McCoy--who was the guy I was pimping last year. McCoy did a great job in SD and his offense was much better than Norv's. They cut down on the sacks and turnovers. They were much more efficient under McCoy than Norv. Rivers revitalized his career and actually had a great year.

Unlike most, I was pretty high on McDaniels. I really do think he is a bright guy. I think he is innovative. However, I am hoping that Lombardi is pushed into a role that is in the background and McDaniels is Lombardi's guy.

I don't want any part of some of the retreads. I am glad we didn't get Lovie Smith. I don't want Gruden. I don't want Billick.

I want an young and bright offensive coordinator or a dynamic college coach. I know that Chud was an OC, but was he high on the list of any other team besides us?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

j/c:

I really like Gus Malzahn and Franklin. Gase is another hot guy.

Malzahn really showed that he knows how to game plan for a team last night. That was incredible. Both offensively and defensively, he zeroed in on Fl. State's weaknesses and exploited them.

Franklin is very bright and a great motivator. I just read that he might go to Penn State, though. Additionally, Vandy's AD said he would fight to keep him, including upgrading the team's facilities. The Browns have been trying to get him to interview, but haven't landed an interview yet. The Skins were supposed to interview him this week, but that may change. Darn.

Gase was hand-picked by Manning to be his OC this year because Peyton respected the guy's football intelligence. He replaced Mike McCoy--who was the guy I was pimping last year. McCoy did a great job in SD and his offense was much better than Norv's. They cut down on the sacks and turnovers. They were much more efficient under McCoy than Norv. Rivers revitalized his career and actually had a great year.

Unlike most, I was pretty high on McDaniels. I really do think he is a bright guy. I think he is innovative. However, I am hoping that Lombardi is pushed into a role that is in the background and McDaniels is Lombardi's guy.

I don't want any part of some of the retreads. I how glad we didn't get Lovie Smith. I don't want Gruden. I don't want Billick.

I want an young and bright offensive coordinator or a dynamic college coach. I know that Chud was an OC, but was he high on the list of any other team besides us?

good post vers. I agree with about everything you said... I do have concerns that McDaniels does not seem to be on anyone else's radar ....how can we read that?

1) We are the only ones that deem him worthy which is concerning or

2) Everybody else knows the deal is done and he is telling those decision makers via back channels not to bother with him. That is also concerning, IF TRUE, because that tells me that there is no "no stone unturned" search and we are being lied too.

You may remember our debate when Banner first came here.. I was concerned we traded one egomaniac for another, those concerns are rising again, again IF.. IF #2 is true this smacks of cronyism and scares the hell out of me.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

I cannot believe how ridiculous it is to hire a defensive coordinator before hiring a head coach. Are you *freaking* kidding me. All that says to me is that either 1) this whole thing is a charade and they already know who they're getting as HC (read: McDaniels) or 2) the president/GM want a coach who is a "yes sir/no sir" type... exactly what we saw from Chudzinski when he was hired. If it's case 2, it's going to be awkward *again* when the media is asking the coach to explain personnel decisions and the HC will have to try to interpret the moves of the FO on the fly.

If we hire a defensive coordinator before our head coach we should be penalized from the league for dumb s*** like this. It's one of the oddest things I've ever heard and do not understand it. Isn't the head coach allowed to pick his O/D coordinators, like pretty much who ever he wants? The way we do things is so unorthodox.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
remember guys,

i'm not saying it isn't dumb, but they may already have a HC they want to hire but can't legally do it right now, so they already getting some of the staff the HC wants in place.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Quote:

remember guys,

i'm not saying it isn't dumb, but they may already have a HC they want to hire but can't legally do it right now, so they already getting some of the staff the HC wants in place.

Good Point Swish interviewed Horton and used to meet Rooney Rule.

Hiring Schwartz as the next DC is not a bad thing. He did well in Tenn..

Another good hire Jim Haslett.

This article describes Schwartz.

Quote:

NASHVILLE — It was not long after Jim Schwartz began an unpaid internship with the old Cleveland Browns, driving scouts and players to the airport, and buying cigarettes for the coaches, that he bumped up against football’s poured-in-concrete conventional wisdom.

Schwartz, now the defensive coordinator for the Tennessee Titans, had an economics degree from Georgetown University, an abiding fascination with statistics and a preference for watching game film over television. That made him a kindred spirit with his first N.F.L. boss, Bill Belichick. But when Schwartz told Belichick his findings from an early N.F.L. research project almost 15 years ago, Belichick said he did not believe him.

“Fumbles are a random occurrence,” Schwartz said he told Belichick. “Being able to get interceptions or not throw interceptions has a high correlation with good teams. But over the course of a year, good teams don’t fumble any more or less than bad teams. Bill didn’t agree. He said, ‘No, good teams don’t fumble the ball.’ But actually, they fumble just as often as bad teams.”

With the Titans, Schwartz once encouraged the former offensive coordinator Norm Chow to run more on third-and-short because his research indicated that it was more effective than passing.

Unorthodox thinking like that has earned Schwartz, 42, a reputation as one of the N.F.L.’s leading practitioners of statistical analysis — “Moneyball” for the shoulder-pad set — using them in coaching the defense for the league’s only unbeaten team.

In Schwartz’s eighth season as the coordinator, the Titans’ defense is ranked sixth entering Sunday’s game here against the Jets (7-3). The ranking is based on yards surrendered.

“Who cares who is leading in yardage?” Schwartz said, pointing out that allowing a 12-yard run raises the total but is meaningless on a third-and-20 play.

No statistic matters more to coaches than fewest points allowed, and by that measure, no team comes close to the Titans (10-0). They are giving up 13.1 points a game, 1.4 points fewer than the second-ranked Pittsburgh Steelers. But Schwartz, perhaps more aware than most of how numbers can be manipulated, did not embrace that figure without explanation.

The Titans gave up their most points of the season, 21, to Indianapolis. But the Colts scored 7 points with little time remaining, when the Titans were leading by 17. Against Kansas City, the Titans allowed 10 late points after the starters were pulled in a 34-10 victory. So the Titans average fewer than 13.1 meaningful points allowed.

With an offense that relies on the run, not downfield passing, the Titans are built to win close (read playoff) games. That leaves the defense with little margin for error.

The Titans are defined by multitalented players who are effective in different styles. The Titans used eight-man fronts to stop Jacksonville’s running game in the season opener, then played a cover-2 defense to thwart Cincinnati’s passing the next week.

With a line featuring Albert Haynesworth, perhaps the league’s best defensive player, the Titans generate pressure on quarterbacks with minimal blitzing. (An addendum to Schwartz’s fumble analysis: good teams sack the quarterback, and forcing a quarterback to fumble is a lot easier than taking the ball from a running back or a wide receiver.)

Players credit the defensive coaches for their ability to correct mistakes quickly — the Chicago Bears converted three consecutive third-down attempts on their opening drive against the Titans, but none the rest of the game — and for the detailed preparation that dovetails with what linebacker Keith Bulluck called Schwartz’s “little hobbies.”

Kyle Vanden Bosch said: “Especially from a defensive lineman standpoint, we don’t usually pay attention to formations and down and distance. He has that broken down for us. We know what to expect out of certain formations, and what plays they can run. It’s unusual for a defensive line. But we have a quiz in front of the whole defense on Friday, and he expects everybody to know that.”

Belichick regards Schwartz as one of the smartest coaches he has been around, and in recent years, Schwartz has become a candidate for several head coaching jobs. He is almost certain to be a front-runner as positions open this year.

But being known as a “stats guy” is not necessarily a compliment, because statistics do not hold the romantic place in football that they do in baseball. Although every coach uses plenty of data — the Titans’ Jeff Fisher tracks how long his team takes to break the huddle — football is unlikely to bestow statistics-driven celebrity on anyone the way the baseball book “Moneyball” did on Billy Beane, the general manager of the Oakland Athletics.

Schwartz has met with the developers of a computer program to analyze difficult play-calling decisions, and he has watched film with Aaron Schatz, an author of “Pro Football Prospectus,” who uses unusual statistics to analyze the game. But at the same time, Schwartz shuns the impression that creates, stressing that statistics are just another tool in game preparation.

“Sometimes, that’s an easy thing for people in the media to use against you,” Schwartz said. “ ‘Oh, yeah, he can’t adjust; he’s just a stats guy. They don’t really understand the game.’ That’s why sometimes, the whole stats thing is a dirty word.

“If you ask me, Would you rather have a great fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants guy on Sunday, a guy who can dial up plays and he’d be the best in league, or a guy who is best in the league from Monday to Saturday preparing, I respect the guy who prepares. You’re not always going to be rolling 7, 7, 7 and be hot every week. But if you prepare well during the week, you’ll be consistent from week to week.”

Numbers have long threaded through Schwartz’s thinking. His father was a police officer, and when they watch television together and see a news report about a murder, his father will mention what percentage of women are murdered by their husbands. When Schwartz was growing up in Baltimore, the Dallas Cowboys were the best team in football. They used a computer analysis of prospects as part of their forward-thinking draft preparation.

“They used that not to press a button and have the computer say, ‘This is your draft pick,’ ” Schwartz said. “It was more to guide them — these are important traits to look for. That’s the way we use it.”

The 16-game season provides a small sample, a shortcoming of football statistics. So Schwartz breaks down each drive as if it were its own game. Twelve drives, say, multiplied by 16 games is a much bigger sample.

Yet Schwartz rejects one Beane quirk revealed in “Moneyball” — that he does not like to watch games because he cannot stand how random events may influence the outcome. Schwartz, a former college linebacker, calls the defensive signals from the sideline rather than the press box, so he can look at his players and gauge their physical feedback. The Titans’ attacking style — what Vanden Bosch called “forcing the issue” — seems to run counter to the by-the-numbers image that makes Schwartz uncomfortable.

“This guy is a football coach who motivates players,” Schatz said, “and he also happens to have a very open mind and interest in statistics. But he’s not like me on the sidelines.”

Still, with Tennessee on the way to the playoffs, the Titans’ pounding defense — and the mind that directs it — figure to get plenty of attention. Schwartz cringes when he thinks others perceive him as a numbers geek, an odd concern for an avid amateur chess player who uses Bobby Fischer and Garry Kasparov analogies.

“People talk about the chess match between coaches and coordinators,” Schwartz said. “Anybody who plays chess knows your rook never falls down, your rook never stops one spot short. There’s human nature to football that will never make it into a game of numbers.”

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Schwartz would be awful. He should be considered when he doesn't want to run a Wide 9.

E
Legend
Legend
E
First I heard of it was with Holmgren's search...started to miss trust the regime at that point...even though I backed them on the boards. But didn't like the smell of that.

I see its a common thing except with franchises with major success...the only good news is this agent has a lot of good clients.

McD might be off the table till after the Super Bowl...hope the Pats beat the Colts to eliminate their #31/#32 pick in the draft. Then I hope they lose to the Broncos so that we can get this done!

In our meeting with McD he might have spelled out who his coordinators would be...every coach who dreams of being a HC and goes to these interviews usually spell out their plan and have a team of asst. coaches lined up.

Question is - McDaniels HC, Schwartz DC (hope he knows the 3-4 well) n McAdoo OC??? or is McAdoo one of those asst. HC guys so they cannot get hired as a Coordinator?

Right now that is probably the best staff that can be compiled - all have the same agent I believe but at least this agent has many many good candidates as opposed to the Holmgren agent.

Was this discussed at the McD meeting and we are getting them all together?

JMHO n ???

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
thats what i was thinking, they are interviewing other guys just to go through the motions, but whoever the HC will be already told the FO who they want for Coords.

so if that is the case, than hiring the DC or OC before the official hire of the HC, there isn't anything wrong with that.

my question is, are the Coords allowed to talk to the players and get them playbooks and such? or is there like a timeframe after the season they are suppose to do that?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

thats what i was thinking, they are interviewing other guys just to go through the motions, but whoever the HC will be already told the FO who they want for Coords.

so if that is the case, than hiring the DC or OC before the official hire of the HC, there isn't anything wrong with that.

my question is, are the Coords allowed to talk to the players and get them playbooks and such? or is there like a timeframe after the season they are suppose to do that?

if that is the case then I am very disappointed... IF TRUE then we did NO in depth search for a new HC, there was not due diligence, there was no, "no stoned unturned " search... and we were lied to ... AGAIN. The hole just keeps getting deeper and it would again solidify just how stupid Haslam and Banner think we are.

I think I need to avoid browns news for a while this is just psiing me off more every day... ugh we are so much like sheep for this franchise. Thank you sir can I have another and oh by the way here is my wallet take whatever you need.

#gmstrong

Legend
Legend
How many people do they have to interview until it's enough?

If they interview 3 people, and like the 3rd guy, why should they keep looking?

Are they going to interview EVERY former HC/OC/DC in the NFL? No, they are going to target some people, talk to them. And then get someone...

Most of the people being talked about for other jobs interviewed here last year, so they obviously aren't going to go back and talk to guys they didn't pick last year...

IMO the HC almost "doesn't matter" to me, because if you get a good to great QB on this team, then you'll win...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
S
Legend
Legend
S
Maybe they just like this Gase guy so much they're willing to wait.

I don't know anything about him. I just think it's interesting that nothing has heated up with this search. It seems like they're going through the motions right now.

Legend
Legend
I wonder how "excited" for next season this board would be had we not made any staff changes...

Hoyer coming back, Draft picks to get a QB, Everyone having a year in the system...

Oh well..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

I wonder how "excited" for next season this board would be had we not made any staff changes...

Hoyer coming back, Draft picks to get a QB, Everyone having a year in the system...

Oh well..

I was on board with it.

Right now the only thing that would excite me is a first round QB, which I think we can all say is pretty close to a sure thing.

Nothing against the new coach, but I could care less about what he says in his press conference, because I'm a Browns fan, and I've heard it before. Blah, blah, blah.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Oh well..

Yeah, I know I was excited for the possibilities.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Are they going to interview EVERY former HC/OC/DC in the NFL? No, they are going to target some people, talk to them. And then get someone...

Most of the people being talked about for other jobs interviewed here last year, so they obviously aren't going to go back and talk to guys they didn't pick last year...

IMO the HC almost "doesn't matter" to me, because if you get a good to great QB on this team, then you'll win...

lets see they interviewed Quinn, ok then Bowles to satisfy the Rooney rule, if we think it was anythng more than that then we are being naive and they interviewed Mcdaniels. So you saying Mcdaniels blew them away and they stopped the search then ? Right... and they had no link to JM beforehand... ok and he wasnt the predetermined choice of Lombardi... otay then.

Your right, sounds like an exhaustive search that according to Haslam... " will leave no stone untrurned to find the right coach" and all those other FO, looking for coaches, not even talking to Mcdaniels? Either they do not consider him a viable candidate ( I guess they are just stupid and we are genious) or it is already a done deal, which by extension indicates it was a done deal weeks ago.

Listen if JM is the choice then he is the choice and i will back him until he is no longer the choice... it is what we do... but if he is the choice dont try to sell me there was a great search... isnt this the same thing we saw with the Lombardi hire.... leopards and spots I guess.

#gmstrong

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Tab,

McAdoo is represented by agent Bob LaMonte.

Kind a makes you wonder how those contract negotiations will go being Banner dropped Holmgren and the gang!

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Oh well..

Thats what I was hoping for...you know the stuff that normal teams do

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

How many times does an employer hire an employee without going through at least two interviews? Okay, maybe McDonald's, but this is for but a handful of these positions on the planet.

If the HC "almost doesn't matter", then why have one?

Legend
Legend
And why pay them so much?

I think we missed out on Charlie Strong. He should have Texas set up for years, despite what that racist Red McCombs has to say about it.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I never even considered Strong. I would still prefer Franklin from Vandy. He has turned around that team and turned it into a winner in what many would say is the toughest conference in all of college football. This, with presumably lesser quality recruits (and thereby, lesser talent) than his competition in the conference.

That's part of why I prefer him. He's proven that he can get the job done. I know that he was highly sought after for the Penn State job, but it seems that cooled quite a bit.

And he is still to have his interview with the Browns.

All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

I think it is case 2.

My assumption is there is a HUGE stipulation that if you want to be the HC of this team, that the FO gets say in all personnel picked in the draft. The new coach has to play with the FO's guys.
And that is why nobody with a lick of sense is going to want to coach here.
Unless of course they are willing to take the abuse for a huge pile of money and a small resume for a short stint in Cleveland

So maybe this thread should be named...
...Who's going to be the guy willing to be the new puppet?

JMHO.

Legend
Legend
or case 3, which I left out somehow, that the inevitable hiring of Schwartz as DC is total BS.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

Quote:

if that is the case then I am very disappointed... IF TRUE then we did NO in depth search for a new HC, there was not due diligence, there was no, "no stoned unturned " search... and we were lied to ... AGAIN. The hole just keeps getting deeper and it would again solidify just how stupid Haslam and Banner think we are.

I think I need to avoid browns news for a while this is just psiing me off more every day... ugh we are so much like sheep for this franchise. Thank you sir can I have another and oh by the way here is my wallet take whatever you need.

Y'all assume too much and then draw conclusions that are not factual.

Does anyone every apologize for making outlandish statements and then being proven to be completely wrong anymore?

Ever?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Y'all assume too much and then draw conclusions that are not factual.

Does anyone every apologize for making outlandish statements and then being proven to be completely wrong anymore?

Ever?

gee sorry Vers I was taking my son to the chiropractor for his bad disc so I didn't have time to run to the website and issue you a formal apology.

If you read the above .. I qualified my statement by saying IF TRUE.. but hey why let that get in the way of poster bashing right?

I love this news, not because no McDaniel, unlike some I do have such in-depth knowledge that I know a coach will be good or suck, but as DDUBIA put it in another thread -- this will force the FO to actually do an in depth search and not give it lip service cronyism and for that I am glad.

So excuse me for feeling that talking to three guys is not a "no stones unturned search" - I will gladly eat crow and for the record I do note when I am wrong what I don't do is shout from the rooftops when I am right.

Threre, that better

#gmstrong

V
Legend
Legend
V
Better?

You completely missed my intent.

Y'all bash them for considering McDaniels and then bash them for not hiring McDaniels.

Okie dokie.

Carry on w/the bitter hatred.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Better?

You completely missed my intent.

Y'all bash them for considering McDaniels and then bash them for not hiring McDaniels.

Okie dokie.

Carry on w/the bitter hatred.

Where did I bash them for not hiring McDaniels.... my only bash has been consistent... the lack of a search... bitter hatred... pot meet kettle.

#gmstrong

V
Legend
Legend
V
Pot meet kettle?

I wasn't bashing you. I am trying to reason w/you.

FYI: all you have to do is follow the news and you can see they have been in contact w/many potential coaches.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Y'all

You have definitely been living in the south... But I love that terminology...

This seems to be an odd year for coaching replacements.... Not only have we not filled the position... neither have several other teams... And not a whole lot of names being thrown out as usual...

I don't much feel like assuming who it's going to be... been assuming to much with this organization.... kind of burnt out...

once again...best of luck to who ever....but I won't be excited...until I see a season that we clinch a play-off birth....

V
Legend
Legend
V
Wait to I whip out my "All Y'all...."

Coaches? Who knows? I am hoping for Gus, Franklin, or Gase.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

or case 3, which I left out somehow, that the inevitable hiring of Schwartz as DC is total BS.

Clevesteve... I some what believe it is BS my self.....Take a look at the coaching staff as of now....Take note... all the names remain the same..except for one....

www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/coaches.html

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Franklin...

What am I missing on this guy...Maybe whats on paper doesn't show what all he is...

Are we looking at another Mangini experiment ?

V
Legend
Legend
V
Mangini experiment? How so?

Franklin is a very hot collegiate coach. He has turned around Vandy's program. Penn State is interested in him. So are other NFL teams. His AD said he would "fight" to keep him at Vandy, including spending big dollars on upgrading the team's facilities.

Not sure what you mean about the Mangini comparison?

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Who's going to be the new HC?

Link Copied to Clipboard