Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Whisenhunt was in my top 3 last year. Zimmer was #1. I don't remember who the 3rd guy was so Whisenhunt may have been 2 or 3.

But I thought the Browns said they were no going to consider people they interviewed last season?

It is one of either three things.

1. They changed their minds, or...

2. They lied, or...

3. They really aren't going to interview him.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I hear Lou Brown is available...

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
jc

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...oit-lions-today

"Per Rapoport, Whisenhunt will meet with the Detroit Lions on Thursday, the Tennessee Titans on Friday and the Cleveland Browns on Saturday. Whiz is viewed as the favorite in Detroit, so there's a chance he never makes it to one or both of the final two interviews."

Good, general HC-search article from a year ago worth re-reading: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000...ng-an-nfl-coach

Funny, hypocritical article from a year ago: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000...=ATL_newsdriver

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Franklin to Penn State

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Good articles, both of them.

The last paragraph of the second article struck a nerve with me...

"There are currently seven head-coaching jobs open in the NFL. How many will be open again in three years? Probably three or four. Maybe then teams will realize failure isn't the fault of just one man; rather, it stems from the inability to help build the organization around the coach, the team's leader."

If this FO does not get behind and support their new coach then it will be the "same old Browns".

#gmstrong
N
Legend
Legend
N
Whisenhunt is interviewing for 3 different HC jobs in the lead-up to the SD v. Denver game!

first, if true, that is absolutely ludicrous.

second, I thought there was a NFL rule precluding this from happening (as we had to interview coaches from playoff teams ONLY during the bye week).

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

This seems to be an odd year for coaching replacements.... Not only have we not filled the position... neither have several other teams... And not a whole lot of names being thrown out as usual...

I think that is because most of the popular candidates are still alive in the playoffs...

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Funny, hypocritical article from a year ago: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000...=ATL_newsdriver

Django: After reading that Lombardi article, I couldn't help myself.

This is what I wrote in the 'comments' section:

Quote:

"My, what a difference a year makes.

Do you feel sad again this year... considering the fact that you are part of a "brain trust" that just fired its Head Coach after 11 months?

Sad, indeed."

Granted, it doesn't help fix the Browns' current situation, but it made me feel a little better....

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
J/C If I remember right when Mangini was fired some on here suggested Rob Ryan for the head coaching job. After a stint in Dallas where he was fired as the DC ( which seems to have been a mistake by Jerry Jones) and a successful, to date, run as the DC for the Saints he would seem nearing a point where he starts being talked about for a head coaching vacancy somewhere. I don't see him meshing well with Banner or Lombardi but have nothing really to base that conclusion on, just a feeling.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
In all of Rob Ryan's time as an NFL coordinator, he's been a part of one winning team, which happened this year.

One.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

In all of Rob Ryan's time as an NFL coordinator, he's been a part of one winning team, which happened this year.

One.

I don't think his defense this year is all that great too. Blown out a bunch of times.

Not to mention they did give up that score late. Thanks to horrible special teams and a dumb horse collar penalty, it set them up for the win.

He's not a great coordinator, but the players love him, and his defenses get streaky, so he'll be around a while.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
I'm going to lock this thread, anyone can feel free to start a new one. When we decided to go with unlimited pages we were not aware of how this would effect people accessing the board on phones, etc. It's not working for those folks at all.

We will now be locking threads at 10 pages, and as always, posters can start a new thread if there is still interest in discussing the topic.

Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Who's going to be the new HC?

Link Copied to Clipboard