Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I think there were disagreements between Lombardi and Chud, but I think the reason Chud was fired was Jimmy was irate w/the lackluster performance of the team down the stretch.

1.Agreed. I get the impression that Jimmy is a "Type A" personality... and will make quick decisions. Sometimes they'll be the right ones. Sometimes, they'll be wrong- and Type A's will make quick decisions to rectify them. Could be good- could be bad.

2. I DO remember those talks. They were linked to "changing the culture" around here. I remember saying that "fear of success can be as debilitating as fear of failure." And for sure, our team seemed to be stuck in that limbo. Hellish position to be in.

I get what you're connecting here... and I can see why you made that connex. I think we may differ on this FO's handling only because of a matter of timing:

I'm a slow, deliberate decider. I like to have as many facts and data as I can get before pulling the trigger. Downside of that is that sometimes it takes too long to make a choice- and the game has changed right in front of me.

My Best Homeboy is the opposite: It's done quick... and he deals with the fallout later. Downside of his approach: a lot of 'damage control' at times when I say: "Hey- MaGoo- you couldn't see this coming?" Him to me: "If you never get off the pot, the room always stinks and your pants are always down around your ankles."

I think we compliment each other rather well. He does too... even though we drive each other nuts at least 3-4 times a year!

You may fall into one of these 2 camps, or somewhere in-between-

I guess it's my 'long timeline' approach that makes me see this as rushed. OTOH, if I'm someone on a quicker timeline, I'd probably have less trouble with such a big move so soon. Perspective and pacing, I guess. My bottom line: 2 years would have been my earliest 'eject point.' If the team showed the same as this year, it would be LOTS easier for me to call this a 'failed choice.' Jimmy didn't want to wait.

Only time will tell if Jimmy dumped a Dud at the right time or pulled the plug too soon. Most of it has nothing to do with whether Chud moves on to greatness or not... it has to do with how Jimmy proceeds from here in his quest to make the Browns better.... and that's where my slow-paced, data-gathering self differs with him.

Earlier, I banged out a response to eotab that never made it to the boards for some reason. He talked about the possibility of the Browns having trouble filling the HC spot. My post was about "unintended consequences"... and directly relates to my description of me and My Boy.

If Jimmy were my Homie, and we were sitting around with a couple beers (or bourbons, or mint juleps... or whatever guys like Jimmy sip), I'd be asking him about the coaching search... and saying: "Hey- MaGoo... you couldn't see this coming?"

At this point, we'll never know if the team would have looked different in Chud's 2nd year... so it will probably feel like 'unfinished biz' or a 'half-written story' for me for awhile longer. Sticks in my craw- I can't help it. Don't worry- I WILL get over it.

Much of this will subside when a staff is in place, and I have something else to focus on. Trust me tho- I'll be watching every move like a sniper's spotter. HasBan really do have my 2014 commitment- I promised that... but they've got to really nail these next few steps in order to get next season right.

You know- Overtoad describes his 'Dawgtalkers experience' as "chats we Dawgs might have over beers in a bar." Under that description, our ongoing conversation would probably have taken up a good 15 minutes or so... but would also probably had lead to another 2-4 hours of more debate on other related topics...

It's all good... read 'Peen's sig, and you'll know where I live.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
M
Legend
Legend
M
Who knows. We'll never know all the behind the scene facts, but we can speculate. When I hear Chud was the FO's fifth choice, I find it concerning that Haslem and Banner could not close the deal on choice 1,2,3 or 4. That's a problem.

I feel like I am watching the same situation as last year unfold. By all accounts, Adam Gase was/is their main target. He was their first reported request for an interview. If that's their guy, make it happen. End of story. If the Browns end up hiring Ben McAdoo and we are told he was the guy all along or the absolute "right choice for the job," I'd feel we'd settled for a Chud 2.0.

Time will tell.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Well you don't need to.

I appreciate that....

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Praise Jesus and Hallelujah!

Holy Hell I was certain that bum was gonna be our head coach.

It's one thing for fans to like Tebow, but if you're the head coach and personnel man of an NFL team, and your eye is so bad that you believed that Tebow was the future of the league, you are not fit to lead an organization.

*PHEW*

Always good for a chuckle.

Thanks for not letting me down-

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We have dipped into the Belichick tree twice before without success. McDaniels raises more questions that it answers...

I am glad we will be looking elsewhere.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

Quote:

It's one thing for fans to like Tebow, but if you're the head coach and personnel man of an NFL team, and your eye is so bad that you believed that Tebow was the future of the league, you are not fit to lead an organization.

*PHEW*

Always good for a chuckle.

Thanks for not letting me down-

We owe you many more than you owe us, bro

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
j/c
What scares me more than all the obvious that this firing has done. What is our identity ( not that we really had one) but at least we thought there was a plan in place- attack offense/defense.. We just lost a ton of coaching experience that had me convinced we were on the same page.

Funny, usually toward end of year the coaching staff was always a topic. Not this year, this completely blindsided the mass. It was suppose to be about what we discovered during the 2013 season making it blantently obvious what was needed for 2014. The season played out perfectly to make the leap we all have been waiting for since 99' with all the amo needed to make a difference. Now what? Is this another evaluation year? We lost more than a head coach, we lost a year of learning two systems. We had two experienced coordinators & what I thought good coaches behind being groomed, for the first time ( since the Mangini regime I was willling to sit back & give the staff a chance to grow together.
Then the rug was pulled out, it just doesn't make sense.

I'll still be a fan, but apathy has set in, lets hope our owner truly believed Chud wasn't the guy. Smart guys look at the whole picture, obviousy they knew the seasoned coordinators where part of the firing and still followed through with the firing. We don't know the complete story but the picture is being painted.

Moving forward this is another apex for this franchise. Sooner or later we will take the correct road

If I only knew then what I know today...
Legend
Legend
man... this is what I've been trying to say....

...and gettin' it done- with a whole lot fewer words.

Welcome to the boards, Gamebreaker.

C
All Pro
All Pro
C
Chud was fired because he chose to go with Weeden over the other handpicked guys. I thought it was strange in the preseason for Weeden to have received all the first team reps and then to hear there was a QB competition. I think that was because the front office wanted to boot Weeden then. I also heard he decided to stick with Greg Little and Shaun Luavo despite protests from the FO. The next coach should know that they are allowed to play whomever they want as long as they agree with Banner and Lombardi.

I was hoping for one offseason where players didn't have to completely learn a new offense and defense for the first time. I think that is more important than the front office maintaining their power over the coaches.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

I'm beginning to think that fixing the Browns is a bigger, deeper challenge than what's apparent on the surface.

My sentiments exactly Clem.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

I'm beginning to think that fixing the Browns is a bigger, deeper challenge than what's apparent on the surface.

I honestly believe that there are about a dozen posters on this board who would do a much better job of running the Browns than any of the professionals have in the past 20 years. Some have the same approach I would take, others offer a different approach. But there is consistency in their plans. And even if not my preferred methodology, the plans are solid and if given time will result in at least a decent team. But this completely changing things every one to two years is a prescription for failure.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

What did the energy level look like to you in the following games? Did that look like a great coaching job to you? Did you see a team that was motivated?

I saw a team that looked motivated in every game we had decent QB play.

When Campbell crawled into his shell it was evident from the beginning of the game and the team went down with him. Just as we witnessed the life being sucked out of the team when Hoyer went down and the team knew Weeden was coming in, when Campbell started out bad it sucked the life out of the team. Perhaps because they knew that once he started sucking he was not going to pull himself out of it.

When Campbell was really on top of his game the entire team responded as they did in KC, vs Rats, and at NE. The team responded in the same way in the games Hoyer started.

In those games it gave the coaching staff something to work with. Unfortunately there were not enough of those games with decent QB play to save his job.

It's hard to be a loser behind bad QB play. It's infinitesimally harder when it goes on year after year after year. Based on the observations above I think all it ever took for this team to play motivated football was to feel like they had a chance. How does a coach motivate a team to play like they have a chance when their own experience with their QB tells them they don't?

I totally understand what we've talked about regarding players need to have the mindset that they're going to play to the fullest of their capabilities and to go all out regardless of the situations and circumstances with which they're faced. Last five games on a losing record with virtually nothing to play for? Be damned! Play your guts out like it's the most important game of your career, like it's the last time you'll ever get the chance to play. I understand that.

But every man (team) has it's limits. We've got 5 pro bowl players who've had 3 head coaches in 4 years and are now on their way to 4 head coaches in 5 years. Never a chance for any HC to finish what he started.

The team is in constant turmoil from always being stuck in the stage of starting over. But unlike Phil in the movie Groundhog Day, no HC or player gets another chance to make things right. They are condemned to re-live the same mess over and over with the only ones getting a new chance to fix things is the FO and they always get it wrong. (no Vers, not THIS Front Office, but EVERY Front Office including this one).

They've had new coaching staffs, new schemes, new philosophies and they always result in heartbreaking losing seasons and a fired HC. Year after year, regime after regime. Sorry, but that has to wear on a player (team) after a while, nay!, after years of the same dysfunction, regardless of the intestinal fortitude of the players (team).

Players play to win. How many of our players expected for their careers to be stuck in the limbo of regimes who can't seem to get it right? I don't condone mailing it in or giving up, but what can be expected of a team who goes through this time after time? I'm no football player, but there is a correlation between football and the challenges we face in real life. I've yet to live the American Dream, but if my real life went the way of these players football player's careers, in areas where neither of us have any control, I feel I believe I'd be hanging my head in disgust.

Now they're faced with it happening again and it's going to take some kind of mastermind of a head coach to round them up and convince them that this time will be better.

Sorry Vers, I know you're a football guy. That goes without dispute. But to expect the HC to pull a team out of the misery they're been experiencing over the past 5 years, and to do it in one year, his first year as a HC with no QB and very little help from his FO, is putting a little too much blame on one guy. Had he, (or any other HC in that position), had the luxury of a second season with a worthy QB and the added talent from a draft and FA that the FO has been preparing for since last off season, had he had that chance I'd bet money that next season would very much improved.

No QB + no RB + no FO support = Fire the coach.

#gmstrong
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I honestly believe that there are about a dozen posters on this board who would do a much better job of running the Browns than any of the professionals have in the past 20 years. Some have the same approach I would take, others offer a different approach. But there is consistency in their plans. And even if not my preferred methodology, the plans are solid and if given time will result in at least a decent team. But this completely changing things every one to two years is a prescription for failure.

I'm not going to sit here and say I'd do a better job than these guys, but really, if I were Jimmy, I'd hire a GM with a good football background, who then hires a coach. Then that GM lets the coach pick out his assistants. The GM and coach work together to select, sign, and release players.

Not this firing coaches after a year, and signing coordinators before the coach crap.

Also, who your agent is, wouldn't matter.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Chud was not a leader of men, and it showed on the field.

The players did not play for Chud, plain and simple.

Those are two key factors in why he is no longer here. I don't think Haslam is losing any sleep over his decision.

I was calling it for weeks as you know...not the firing, which I didn't expect....but that Chud was in way over his head. He looked like a dud on the sideline. No fire. No spirit. No anger. No emotion. Just a lump on a log. His players took on that persona. Rank and file employees in any business...any industry....will take the lead from their leaders. They played like lumps on a log. 8-8 and Chud would still be here. Hell, 7-9 and he's probably still here. And that's not too much to ask even with poor play at QB...especially with the overall talent on the team.

I hate that it happened. There's no coach I would have liked to succeed more since the return than Chud. It would have been a great story.

On a side note, SF struck gold with Harbaugh. Anyone see his post game locker room speech last week? He had me fired up. That's the type of coach and emotional leader I want running the Browns. Maybe Franklin can be our Harbaugh. That would be so awesome.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Rish, and odd thing just happened. I'd made a response to your post and when I hit "view your post" it came up as the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Then I clicked on page 7, which this is, and my post is not here. So I clicked on page 1 and it's not there either.

It was too long to write again as I've got to get going to work. But just so you know, it was a great post that would have completely convinced you that you are wrong and I am right. It would have been a real revelation for you. Too bad you'll never see it.

Purp: I've recently heard others say they made a post that didn't show up. This must be what happens. Very odd indeed.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
There now, that one worked.

#gmstrong
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
I just merged a thread into this one. That may have caused your issue if you were posting at the time of the merge.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Ahhhh, cool. Thanks for the explanation. I thought I was in the Twilight Zone.

With this new information I found my post.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Rish, this is the post that went into the Lost & Found. Now that I've retrieved it I'm embarrassed at the comment I made earlier regarding it as a revolution to you because it's probably not all that.

I've seen maniac HC's who were not successful and laid back HC's who were. I don't buy much into sideline antics as being a prerequisite to a culture of winning. There are many different personalities and they each get it done, or don't get it done, in their own way.

That said, this ain't about Chud to me. It's about never giving a guy a chance to finish what he started. Every Browns coach in it's history, when given 5 years, got us into the playoffs. In our case, you just can't take a team who's been in the throes of constant losing to the degree that it becomes the culture and turn it around in one season. We have been in this dysfunction for 15 years, save Butch's and RAC's one season each of competitive play. To expect a KC-type turnaround in one season for this franchise is a daydream.

As someone mentioned in a post in one of these threads this is the first season that we haven't had a butt load of posts wanting to fire the HC. I hadn't thought about that before but it's true. Other than you and a very few others who spoke of displeasure in Chud, (not firing), most seemed to be more concerned with other aspects of the team. A lot of it's been the FO or at least a lot of discussion on that issue.

Chud had something that no other coach in our recent regimes has had and that has been his head has been solidly in the game. I don't agree that he was "in over his head". In over his head describes Shurmur as he really didn't look like he knew what he was doing and made many gaffs on game day. Mangini was another. While he looked solidly in control and was a very good coach in many considerations he made such boneheaded in-game, clock, dealing with personel decisions he infuriated me time after time.

Chud seemed level-headed rather than indecisive. That's the biggest reason I liked him. It seemed he was the first Browns coach we've had in sometime who was not in over his head.

But I digress, like I said, it's not about Chud the man to me. It's about firing yet another coach. You've got to admit that 4 HC in 5 years is a bit ridiculous. I realize it has not been the same FO to have hired and fired all of them so this FO should not take the brunt for all that. But for the team, the players, those guys on the field, this has to be nothing short of feeling like their careers are in ruin by virtue of being on this team. I really thought this regime/FO would have broken that chain. They promised they would. Instead, they've welded the links together.

I'm not stuck on this issue. The real issue now is getting the right coach since we don't have one. That's my current concern. Nothing we can do about the starting over again except to stop doing it right here and now. Hire a coach and for God's sake give him a chance to finish what he started and support your new coach at every turn.

I'm not shaking pom-poms rallying for this hiring. I don't know most of the coaches in the mix. I hear how this guy or that guy is a great coach and doing great with his current team. Well, to me that means squat if he's not an NFL HC doing great with his current team and none of those are available. Ever.

Successful college coaches are not successful NFL coaches, at least not yet. Maybe they will be, maybe they won't be. Successful NFL coordinators are not running the team they are doing so well with. Maybe some of the reason they are doing so well where they are is because of the talent level they have to utilize and because of the HC who is running that team.

Too many people (coordinators) get promoted to their level of incompetence (HC) and we've had more than a few of them already. There is so much more responsibility as a HC that as a coordinator you don't even sniff.

So the HC search is not an easy one. It's not as simple as hiring a "fired-up" guy. Not saying you're saying that, but for me that is one of the least of the requirements if it's even a consideration. It's not only about wearing your emotions on your sleeve. It's about having what it takes on the inside. People pick up on that. I know you're saying players picked up on that from Chud and so they played laid-back. I give reason that that they sometimes played without urgency is because of what I said in my earlier post, not because the coach is not a rah-rah guy.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I will say that I felt that having Norv at the OC position and Horton as the DC made this the strongest staff I had seen. Chud got a lot of credit for being bold on 4th down and by far I would say we saw the least amount of posters asking that he be fired than I've ever seen.

Until of course after he was fired. Seems thing to change on a dime here with some people.

I'm with you in that I thought it would take more than a season to even start to turn things around. With no high investments on O, especially to build a run game or answer the QB question. I felt it was very logical to believe that.

I believe in the players mind it's yet another set back. One thing I don't want to hear is an "I told you so" if this FO invests heavy on the O side and gives the next HC the weapons needed for success.

We'll never know what Chud could have done given the ammunition on O. And we'll never see the continuity that we've longed for unless this FO changes direction on the timetable given for success.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

One thing I don't want to hear is an "I told you so" if this FO invests heavy on the O side and gives the next HC the weapons needed for success.

We'll never know what Chud could have done given the ammunition on O. And we'll never see the continuity that we've longed for unless this FO changes direction on the timetable given for success.

dream on... there will be posters on here ripping their arms out of their sockets patting themselves on the back saying what a bum Chud was or what genious we have in the FO.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I believe in the players mind it's yet another set back

You would be correct.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

*PHEW*

U know these clowns backed into Chud last year ... what was he .. there 3rd, 4th or 5th choice ... hopefully they back into a GREAT CHOICE again this time around ... McDaniels certainly increased the probability of that happening again ..

All I have to say is ...

THANKS JOSH for saving our FO from itself ...

D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

Chud was not a leader of men, and it showed on the field.

The players did not play for Chud, plain and simple.

Those are two key factors in why he is no longer here. I don't think Haslam is losing any sleep over his decision.

I was calling it for weeks as you know...not the firing, which I didn't expect....but that Chud was in way over his head. They played like lumps on a log. 8-8 and Chud would still be here. Hell, 7-9 and he's probably still here. And that's not too much to ask even with poor play at QB...especially with the He looked like a dud on the sideline. No fire. No spirit. No anger. No emotion. Just a lump on a log. His players took on that persona. Rank and file employees in any business...any industry....will take the lead from their leaders.overall talent on the team.

I hate that it happened. There's no coach I would have liked to succeed more since the return than Chud. It would have been a great story.

On a side note, SF struck gold with Harbaugh. Anyone see his post game locker room speech last week? He had me fired up. That's the type of coach and emotional leader I want running the Browns. Maybe Franklin can be our Harbaugh. That would be so awesome.

Really dude ... I hate posting to U but I am so SICK of seeing this BS about players not playing for him ... that's such horsecrap ..

riddle me this menza ... I ASKED IT ONCE BEFORE AND GOT ZERO REPLIES FROM THE FO LOVERS .....

if they didn't play for him how was it we were WINNING at one point or another in MOST OF OUR GAMES ... and how did we lose so many games in the 4th quarter ...

what did they QUIT AFTER THEY WERE WINNING???? ya .. that makes sense ...

Quote:

He looked like a dud on the sideline. No fire. No spirit. No anger. No emotion. Just a lump on a log. His players took on that persona. Rank and file employees in any business...any industry....will take the lead from their leaders.

dude ... u just described BILL WALSH TO A TEE .... Tony Dungy .... Bill Bellicheck is about as emotionless on the sidelines as the log u called Chud ..

I dunno .. those guys forged OK careers for LUMPS .... *shrugs* .... guess its just me though .... ..... see ddubs post about personalities .... if u like fiery ... that's fine ... but its not even close to being NECCESSARY ... plenty of "Logs" have had great coaching careers ... just because its what u prefer does not make it the ONLY or RIGHT way to coach ..

OK .. that was my one post to U .. I know I'm going to regret this ... best way for me to move forward is to go back to not posting to U ... so knock yourself with your reply .... I CAN'T READ IT OR I WILL GET SUCKED IN AND I DONT WANT TO ... *L* ....

others, please feel free to stick up for me when rish responds ...

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

LOL.............once again the masses completely ignore the topic of conversation when they are proven wrong again. How refreshing. The Josh McDaniels thread is now back to defending that HOF coach, Chud and bashing the FO for firing him.

Y'all don't even hint at being objective. Not one of you haters said.........."hey, I was wrong about that." Nope, not you guys...............it's more of how the FO is stupid and they were so wrong to fire a coach who did not have any talent at all.

Yet, Passive Pat won one more game w/less talent than the Almighty Chud. I liked Chud. I loved how he wasn't conservative in the clutch. He kept throwing against NE and scored a late TD. He went for it on 4th down numerous times. He started that extra study time for the young players. All good things. But, he won 4 games and his team played like duds down the stretch.

Sorry Diam, but the Browns gave up in too many games. Yeah, they had the lead on the Jags, but the game was not as important to them as it was to the Jags. The Jags played harder. We got up early on the Jets, but we completely laid down when they started to fight back. What was that crap we saw in the second Bengal game? We get up early and we are celebrating. They come back and we get smoked. The next week we bend over for the Steelers. Embarrassing. Loved that effort against Green Bay.

We were 3 and 2 and proceeded to lose 10 out of our next 11 games. That is horrid.

Additionally, they didn't fire him for his win/loss total. They fired him because his team did not improve as the year progressed. That is not a lie. It's the stinkin' truth.

Oh wait.............is this a Josh McDaniel's thread. Was there an article about the Browns not wanting him. Any of you wanna talk about that? Any of you wanna admit you were wrong?

That's what I thought!

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Why do you feel the need to talk about people not admitting they were wrong in every single post?

The entire board is wrong about 50-75% of time, if not more.

No one expects anyone to admit they were wrong every time, nor should they.

And not talking about you here, but the chest beating about being right and wrong is laughable and those who engage in it constantly should be embarrassed.

No one here is an NFL GM, and no one is about to be. It's one thing to take your lumps if you're dead wrong about something you incessantly shouted from the rooftops, a la Diam/Quinn, but I really don't understand why one would stand on a soap box and cry out that people should apologize or admit fault for being wrong about day-to-day speculation.

And if one should...I would like to stand up and admit I was wrong about Banner and Lombardi. I thought they would bring a focused and detailed plan rooted in logic and reasoned thinking.

I was dead wrong. They either have no plan, or abandon it in a panic at the first sign of trouble. And I'm not just talking about Chud, either. This whole season looked like a team run by guys who won a contest.

I'm not calling for them to be ousted, or closing the book on them, but they better nail this draft, because right now they look like inept clowns.

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Quote:

Why do you feel the need to talk about people not admitting they were wrong in every single post?

And not talking about you here, but the chest beating about being right and wrong is laughable and those who engage in it constantly should be embarrassed.

No one here is an NFL GM, and no one is about to be. It's one thing to take your lumps if you're dead wrong about something you incessantly shouted from the rooftops, a la Diam/Quinn, but I really don't understand why one would stand on a soap box and cry out that people should apologize or admit fault for being wrong about day-to-day speculation.

And if one should...I would like to stand up and admit I was wrong about Banner and Lombardi. I thought they would bring a focused and detailed plan rooted in logic and reasoned thinking.

I was dead wrong. They either have no plan, or abandon it in a panic at the first sign of trouble. And I'm not just talking about Chud, either. This whole season looked like a team run by guys who won a contest.

I'm not calling for them to be ousted, or closing the book on them, but they better nail this draft, because right now they look like inept clowns.

Amen, PDR!! This ^^^^^ is probably one of the most logical posts I have read in quite some time. I know I'm a newbie here, but I have been a loyal poster for several years now. Right or wrong shouldn't really matter if we start seeing a Browns team that turns the corner and starts winning. We've all waited for next year too long. I wish I got a chance to see them be winners. It sucks to have to talk to my dad about the "good ol' days" with Jim Brown et. al....

#gmstrong.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Every single post? You begin w/a lie.

My point is that there are a ton of posters making outrageous claims that have no basis in fact. They are fueled by hate. They make crap up and manipulate the truth. They draw conclusions that are illogical and make fun of anyone who disagrees. They are a freaking mob.

Saying TRich is going to be a good RB is one thing. No problem w/being wrong there.

Saying these guys are the three stooges because they fire one freaking coach is irresponsible.

Saying that they are dishonest and claiming that McDaniel's hiring was a done deal due to cronyism was a contrived lie designed to make the FO look bad and further their hateful agenda.

I call BS!

You don't agree? Fine. Who cares?

There are thousands of illogical, irrational, fictional posts out there and the one you pick on is the one who disagrees w/the majority. Gutty...........real freaking gutty.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

You are 100% wrong there.....history shows I am wrong only 4% of the time.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

well I am the control sample and I am wrong 93% of the time, so that averages out about right.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Would it be wrong to say after the mess McDaniels made in Denver Browns fans should send him a thanks for not coming fruit basket?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

well I am the control sample and I am wrong 93% of the time, so that averages out about right.

tld: I've known you to not always be right, but also never wrong...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm 100% right 90% of the time

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Thank you for this post PDR...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
40 percent of the time, my strategies work every time.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:

40 percent of the time, my strategies work every time.

I'm never wrong, except when I'm mistaken

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
J/C

I wouldn't be at all surprise if Josh was told to leak the story to remove himself from consideration to the press and is now keeping his possible hiring here quiet until after the SuperBowel or if the Pat's loose.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Quote:

J/C

I wouldn't be at all surprise if Josh was told to leak the story to remove himself from consideration to the press and is now keeping his possible hiring here quiet until after the SuperBowel or if the Pat's loose.

At this point, nothing would surprise me...

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

J/C

At this point, nothing would surprise me...

Actually it kind of sounds like he would fit into the MO if that happened.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

J/C

SuperBowel? Not expecting a good game?

Just messin' with you

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Josh McDaniels. Why?

Link Copied to Clipboard