Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Legend
Legend
I wouldn't rule out McDaniels, just like I wouldn't rule out anyone else we've interviewed (except maybe Bowels who's taken his name out). Now, McDaniels took his name out, too, but there's enough smoke out there to suggest he may still be in the running.

But I wouldn't blame our FO if they truly want to talk with Gase, if only to make sure they talk to everyone they want to to talk to. Let's face it, the guys who have been hired so far have already filled out a lot of their staff, at least for the big ones (OC and DC).

So us waiting a couple more weeks shouldn't "hurt."

I'm to the point, like everyone else, that I don't want it done quickly. I want it done correctly.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

You have chosen to believe that anything that the great and powerful banner says is true and honest 100% of the time. I disagree. I gave him a chance, and my support, until he proved unworthy of that support. I argued that we should give him our support until he proved undeserving of that support. IMHO, that tipping point has been reached. You disagree. That's cool. You're wrong .... but that's your right. lol

That is BS!

I have said repeatedly that I do not believe in the FO, but am willing to give them a chance.

Willing to give them a chance translates into me thinking that Banner is great, powerful, and never lies?

And yeah..........I am wrong.......again. Just like I have been so many times, right YTown? Allow me to do a chant.................Bran-don Wee-don. Bran-don Wee-don. LOL

Btw------------your stupid article was pure speculation and there were no facts. Deny that.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 01/20/14 10:59 PM.
Legend
Legend
Vers believe it or not I am still willing to give the front office a chance. HOWEVER they have to prove me wrong instead of proving me right, and their time table got moved up a year or two after firing Chud. I was 100 percent against Banner and Lombardi when we hired them BUT I still felt like they needed a chance just like I have been with everybody we have hired since 1999.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Vers believe it or not I am still willing to give the front office a chance. HOWEVER they have to prove me wrong instead of proving me right, and their time table got moved up a year or two after firing Chud. I was 100 percent against Banner and Lombardi when we hired them BUT I still felt like they needed a chance just like I have been with everybody we have hired since 1999.

Same sentiments as mine, DC... but I've only given them this next year to show me something- anything- that I can hang my hopes upon. It's going to require strong coaching hires, a coherent 'state of the team' statement, and a strong draft/FA season to pull me back from the ledge. So far- I'm still hangin'.... but the view is making me queasy.

I won't lie: this latest nutpunch has left me sucking wind... and I thought I'd always be down for this team.

I'm still giving them a chance, too... but their recent decision(s) have left me looking at them with a jaundiced eye. I hate that they've (again) done this to me/us, but I currently exist where they've left me.

I'm sorry, but I really don't see too many Good Times ahead for the Browns.... at least, not until 2016 or beyond.

That really might be too long to wait with any real passion. If it takes that long, I'm almost certain to watch them with the same level of interest that I watch this year's Seahawks (my 1976 'adopted' team....).

Since '99, this team's biggest problem has always been leadership at the top.

To date, I've seen nothing from this bunch to make me believe that Browns Fans are in any better hands than we've been in since Pluto started doing research for his 'False Start' book.

I'm done with 'blind faith.'
I'm over it.

Show me that you have a plan. Show me that you know what you're doing. Show me that we're in good hands.

Show me by the next 6 (important) decisions you make.

I'll know it, if I see it.
Lord knows I've seen everything else already.

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
Legend
Legend
I know the feeling Clem. I still remember watching the Browns win in 1964 and I have been waiting ever since to see them win again. I will never give up on the Browns but I will give up on the front office or coaching staff when they have proved that they don't deserve my respect bro.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

You mean another 2 weeks till we maybe get our 3rd or 4th pick ?

Who were our first 2 picks?

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
j/c

I read Browns interview(ed) Jim Tomsula. This guy spent a lot of time in NFL Europe:
Defensive Coordinator: England Monarchs; Berlin Thunder; Scottish Claymores.
Head Coach: Rhein Fire

If Quinn is hired as HC, Jim could be a nice DC. He is pretty bright 3-4 guy. Saints interviewed him last year for their DC job.

Legend
Legend
If all they did was hire the local boy to ease the transition, if that REALLY their thinking, they I think even less of them than I did LOL

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
bugs #843227 01/21/14 09:39 AM
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Quote:

j/c

I read Browns interview(ed) Jim Tomsula. This guy spent a lot of time in NFL Europe:
Defensive Coordinator: England Monarchs; Berlin Thunder; Scottish Claymores.
Head Coach: Rhein Fire

If Quinn is hired as HC, Jim could be a nice DC. He is pretty bright 3-4 guy. Saints interviewed him last year for their DC job.

I keep wondering about Wade Phillips as well.... it could be titans north with Kubiak at OC and Phillips as DC.
I think there is a better chance of keeping the 34 with Petine sp? then hiring Quinn though.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Please, please, please ...if Quinn or Pettine are the guy....please bring Tomsula as DC.

I have a feeling the players will run through a wall for that guy. His enthusiasm is infectious. We need that so badly.

I even like him as HC possibility.

And I hope so much Gase just decides not to interview at all. Something tells me that the FO can't get out of their own way when it comes to this guy. Haslam needs to put on his big boy pants and ignore his buddy Peyton on this one.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
Legend
Legend
Drop Gase. Today.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Drop Gase. Today.

Dude...It's the other way around.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Drop Gase. Today.

Why? Is it because of something he lacks or simply because he won't interview until after the SB? I don't think the non interview deal is good enough reason to limit your candidate search.

In reading the board, it seems to me people are getting impatient and simply want a coach hired. I couldn't tell you if Gase is worth waiting for or not, but if the Browns do, then I think we wait.

I will add that I hope the reports that he at least has some interst are true. I think it would be poor form on his part if after the SB he said he wasn't interested or just went through the process in a half assed manner with no intent of leaving.

Another few weeks isn't going to handicap us to any measurable degree.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
Peen not going to get into the validity of this or not. But the OG stuff LB stuff maybe for short yardage - Goal line stuff.

But if Chud asked this it was probably at a point where we had to utilize a power running game and not depend on Weeden or Campbell. So he wanted a snot bubble good blocking FB like a Vickers type...not a weapon for the passing game...a lead blocker with more speed than an OG to get to the outside as well as Inside run Game.

Jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Quote:

In reading the board, it seems to me people are getting impatient and simply want a coach hired. I couldn't tell you if Gase is worth waiting for or not, but if the Browns do, then I think we wait.

I tend to agree with that.. if you are hiring a coach, paying him millions of dollars to lead your team for the next 10 years, you don't hire a guy because you are impatient.. I know it's easy to blast the current FO for making what they consider the wrong choice once... but if this really is going to be "THE guy" for the future, then get the right guy... even if it means waiting..

And I agree completely that it would be poor form if after the super bowl he announces that he's staying in Denver or has no interest because I have to believe that the Browns have made their intentions known if he's the guy they are waiting for...

yebat' Putin
C
Legend
Legend
C
Adam Gase has pulled his name out of the Browns head coach running.

Link

Link

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
wow

Legend
Legend
So I guess if the Browns continue to move slowly we will know, almost 100% certain, that Quinn is the target.. .

yebat' Putin
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

So I guess if the Browns continue to move slowly we will know, almost 100% certain, that Quinn is the target.. .

That would be my guess as well. He is the only candidate the we have interviewed/showed interest in/not backed out that is still in the playoffs.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Link

Link

Good, didn't really like him much anyway.

Can we just sign Munchak please?

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
M
Legend
Legend
M
While I think this is a blessing in disguise, this is now the 3rd candidate that has withdrawn consideration as the Browns HC. So much for the Manning and Haslam connection. Looks like it's the Quinn show now??

Gase Declines Interview

Denver Post: This was Haslam's Guy

C
Legend
Legend
C
Remember that thing about being patient? Uh yeah. . .

Link

Quote:

A Browns official said this morning CLEV will not wait around to hire Broncos OC Adam Gase.

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Well I am actually relieved as I just don't think he is ready to be a HC. I like both Quinn and Pettine, so hopefully they are the front runners now.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Why is that after nearly every candidate that withdraws from consideration, i.e., Chip Kelly, McDaniels and Gase the Browns immediately send out a press report to the affect of them never really being interesting in the guy? Makes it sound like they are a jilted lover.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Quote:

j/c

Oh boy, I wonder how many the-sky-is-falling post we will see? I see Kenny Roda is already beating the drum. Regardless, if it was Gase or Quinn, guess what, fans will still need to wait until after the Super Bowl.

Gase is a bit green, so this could be a blessing.

It appears the list now is down to two Quinn and Pettine. I haven't hear much on Tomsula, but he could still be in the race too.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Link

Link

Just saw that. At least now we can quit waiting for him and look at the guys we have interviewed.

I think I want Pettine, though I do like Dan Quinn.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
jb52 #843245 01/21/14 12:42 PM
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

Well I am actually relieved as I just don't think he is ready to be a HC. I like both Quinn and Pettine, so hopefully they are the front runners now.

Ditto. IF they really are the front runners now. But I'm feeling them more than anyone else that's been mentioned.

Snuggle that security blanket good before it retires, Gase.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Bring in Quinn or Pettine. They both seem like leaders. Something this franchise has sorely lacked since '99.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Bring in Quinn or Pettine. They both seem like leaders. Something this franchise has sorely lacked since '99.

A coach with attitude, heart and fire in his belly. Certainly would be a change. Butch was fairly close.

I like either guy. Quinn may have an experience edge.

T
Rookie
Rookie
T
Am I missing something or why haven't we interviewed Greg Roman, the OC for the 49ers??? His physical style would be welcomed in the AFCN if you ask me. He is also used to gameplanning with a mobile QB which would help since there are already reports that we want Johnny Football as our next QB. Makes total sense to me. I'd much rather have an offensive minded coach than a defensive minded coach.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I feel like I've heard plenty of media types wondering why we don't contact Roman. Or should I say why they haven't HEARD that we've contacted him.

I think I heard that Shefter guy on ESPN say to expect to hear about it happening. I said I THINK . . .

D
Legend
Legend
D
Maybe they haven't contacted Roman because he doesn't have a bald head and goatee?

Pettine

Quinn

Dave #843251 01/21/14 01:20 PM
Legend
Legend
So I could be the next coach? YES!!!!!! Now get me a FB.

yebat' Putin
Dave #843252 01/21/14 01:20 PM
Legend
Legend
I'm bald but no goatee. Damn!

Wow, Pettine looks like a tough SOB. I'd like to see his patented sideline scowl.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I think I want Pettine, though I do like Dan Quinn.

I would be happy with either of them.... I would love to have a bad ass defense...

Look at Seattle... They are winning with tough D and a good running game and a decent QB... I'm not sure I'm all about 400 yard passing games.... just a tough nose attitude works for me.

A
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Remember that thing about being patient? Uh yeah. . .

Link

Quote:

A Browns official said this morning CLEV will not wait around to hire Broncos OC Adam Gase.

Yep. I still don't necessarily think that Gase was their preferred candidate. I'm not sure that any candidate is their preferred candidate. They simply wanted to interview the possible candidates.

To me, this speaks more about Gase than about the Browns.

I wonder if, internally within the Broncos organization, that Manning has said that he's going to stick around for another year.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I could also be a candidate. Rumor has it that Haslam was quoted as saying "Candidly, we prefer a head coach who does not waste hormones on hair.". True story, swear to gosh.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Yep. I still don't necessarily think that Gase was their preferred candidate. I'm not sure that any candidate is their preferred candidate. They simply wanted to interview the possible candidates.

To me, this speaks more about Gase than about the Browns.

I wonder if, internally within the Broncos organization, that Manning has said that he's going to stick around for another year.

Right, I'm not buying they had a #1 target and therefore, look bad because they didn't land that person. I'm wondering if they wanted to interview a long list of people and were willing to lose a few candidates to other jobs to get all the name on their list.

Is Munchak officially off the table as far as we know? I heard he was interviewing for an OL coach gig somehwere.

So....Quinn, Pettine, Roman and?

[Linked Image]

Dave #843257 01/21/14 01:48 PM
O
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
O
Do any of the deep, dark conspiracy theorists on here have a feeling that this entire deal could be a Banner smokescreen?

The guy is good. The way he slithered Lombardi in, despite the Brown's fanbase being almost entirely in flames over it was very slick.

I'm still thinking that we could be getting "played" and Josh McNuggets is still, and always has been, the man.

Just a feeling.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
So you think his plan was to get a guy most people don't want and get us laughed at even harder by the media during the whole hiring process?

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum HC Search, Part 4

Link Copied to Clipboard