Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I would love a metallic or matte finish, something similar to what the Seahawks conjured up.

I want the Cleveland Browns to be my pallbearers so they can let me down for the last time.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm also a huge fan of the matte finish, although the Jags managed to screw that one up. Ugh, those two-tone helmets are terrible. Only the Jags could make that team even more unwatchable.

Seahawks helmets aren't bad, but the carbon fiber-esque mohawk is a little too Nike'ish for me.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
T
Legend
Legend
T
It's nearly 2015. It's time to go with the Cleveland Browns, CB, turning the corner, fireball logo on the helmut.

Incorporate, the White fireball background, The original Orange background helmut, the Deeper orange with more red in the shade, and even a yellow blocker around the fireball.

Start with the current helmut, facing facemask to the right.
Draw a vertical line down the center. ( That vertical line is the representation of looking head in at the corner of a brick building from the sidewalk.) ( every brick drawn back to the left represents the past, and every brick drawn out to the right represents the future, and that corner represents turning the corner.

Drawn back to the left, as if pulled by magnetics or air, is a block letter C where the center ,(or outside curve or the letter C), comes to a sharp point.
it will later be inside the shape of an even further drawn back to the left point that represents the tail of a comet, ( or fireball) or even the left side point of a football shape.

Drawn forward to the right, as if pulled by magnetics or air, is a block letter B, where the center of the two humps, (or outside front curves of the letter B), each come to a sharp point. It will later be inside the shape of an even further drawn forward to the right curve that represents the head of a comet, (or fireball); or even the right side point of a football shape.

So the Block letters CB are inside of a fireball/comet shape that encompasses them right and left, but not above and below them. All of that shape is bordered by another shape which is a border of the fireball/comet, and can be the shape of a football.
The front part of the fireball shape, can include,(or not include), multiple borders, to represent (well the front of a fireball) and be red/ white/, yellow,/ darker or lighter shades of orange/ and some can come to sharp points inside of rounded edges, the sharp points an extension of the points from the front of the curves of the letter B.

To update it, if the top center of the logo were drawn up, as if pulled by magnetics or air into a curve, then the whole thing could take up space on the helmut similar to what the current Chargers "lightening bolt" now takes up.

I'd like to see this logo on the helmuts, and I'd also like to see this logo on the Jerseys but in only one spot and nowhere else. On the chest of the Jersey on the top, under the chin, they could make it various sizes from that of a Silver Dollar, to the size of a fist or whatever.

I'd also like to see them incorporate a cartoonish dog face "(but not on the uniform)", (much like, but obviously not, the "Tom and Jerry" dog, which would have the CB logo on its collar under its chin. The dog would always have a strong confident look, on its face and wouldn't have to be growling or smiling.

But that's just the logo I want to see. And I guess it would have to be on only one side of the helmut so the letters are always facing the facemask, not the back of their heads.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
I... uh... yeah...

No words...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
jc

I mentioned Soccer designs earlier so I thought I shared some that could be interesting. I might hop on Lectra later and make them.

I'm also a major fan of the NW Stripe.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R

V
Legend
Legend
V
Seriously?

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Yes. They would look much better without the ads.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Maybe I am misunderstanding. You want that sissy crap for the Brown's uniforms?

Legend
Legend

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Oh yeah, I forgot that soccer was for grass fairies and contemporary styles is just as bad.

Legend
Legend
I like the stripes down the shoulders. I think that's different, not the usual stripes around the sleeves.

Don't like vertical stripes though. Or the two tone look. I have this thing about symmetry.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
V
Legend
Legend
V
At least you remembered.

Legend
Legend
I just don't see anything that says "football" to me in those shirts.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Legend
Legend
B
J/C

Just a opinion....when Haslam said we wouldn't touch the helmet, my feeling is that meant we wouldn't add a logo. I do think the colors probably should change to reflect the uniform.

I like the metallic look myself, but that dull look is nice as well.

Embrace it. We should embrace as much change with this team as possible.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'd like a matte orange with the stripes metallic brown and white...maybe trimmed with chrome.

brown pants, with a orange stripe down the leg

and orange jerseys with chrome number and letter.

#brownsgoodkarma
Legend
Legend
No to the Orange jersey.

I did like the brown jersey brown pants look though.

I have this thing where I prefer the helmet and pants match and the jersey offsets.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Just think Brown should be used as a trim color, use orange as the primary and incorporate white and chrome to brighten up our dull look.

#brownsgoodkarma
Legend
Legend
I think while the overall look will change. I doubt they go away from Brown as the main jersey color. People can make all the poop references they want. At least we don't wear purple. Or are jacksonville.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
How about brown jerseys with chrome letters and numbers with orange trim?

I really dug the pro-bowl jerseys with chrome numbers with orange trim

#brownsgoodkarma
Legend
Legend
I don't like shiny materials really. I wish STLwould go back to blue and yellow, if not blueand white.

Chrome on a motorcycle. Yes. On a jersey? Eh. Jmho

Legend
Legend
Quote:

J/C

Just a opinion....when Haslam said we wouldn't touch the helmet, my feeling is that meant we wouldn't add a logo. I do think the colors probably should change to reflect the uniform.

I like the metallic look myself, but that dull look is nice as well.

Embrace it. We should embrace as much change with this team as possible.

You know I'm pretty much against change JUST for the sake of change, but seriously, we need to maybe change everything.. I mean, what we got going on just isn't working,.

And yes, that's a switch in thinking for me.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't see uniforms as something that has any impact on the game. Changing the performance on the field is the only change that needs to be made.

But at this point, I really don't care if they change the uniforms or not. I am however aware that the packaging of a product, in no way has any impact on the product itself or how the product functions.

JMHO

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I'm designing unis & sending them in for the heck of it. Why not?

Helmet. Untouched. Maybe do something w/ the stripe. Metallic, all brown or something.

Brown jerseys. Big white stripe from under armpits all the way down sides. Orange chain-link fence pattern on top of it. The numbers will be more modern but not crazy looking. White jerseys will be same but w/ orange on brown down the sides. Both will have a tiny bit of thin orange piping on front and back. Same ol' stripes around the sleeves typical of any modern team. I'll play around w/ em.

Brown pants. Big white stripes down the sides but they don't actually connect at waist & knees because they become big ol' dawg bones running down each side/thigh. White pants will have brown bone on side but w/ white stripes near ends similar to those on a football. Might even add the stitches in the middle & see if it looks dumb or not.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I don't see uniforms as something that has any impact on the game.

I was a restaurant manager for many years ..... around a career as a car salesman and computer tech type. lol Anyway, my specialty was taking horrible restaurant units and turning them around.

I always went in and put new uniforms in place as one of my 1st steps. I took back the old uniforms and dumped them.

Why?

It is a visible sign that there is something different happening. Customers would see a different look, and so did the employees. It's a relatively minor change, but there is a definite psychological effect in the short term. It then must be built upon.

Face it, one of the biggest problems this team has right now is the national perception of "Same old Browns". Anything that helps change that perception, even a little, helps. "The old is out. All of it. We are now a new team without the decades of baggage." It is amazing how a new uniform can bring about a whole new mindset.

I am NOT saying that it is a cure all, but it is a solid piece of an overall strategy of changing the perception of the team, both internally and externally.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
I had a similar experience with the video game store I managed throughout college in Toledo. We had these hand-me-down maroon and green polo's from a video rental division of the parent company. They were awful. The employees complained to me all the time. I kept pushing the owners to give us our own with the stores theme colors incorporated (dark and light blue but not too obvious they were retail polo's).

Once they did, the store really embraced them and seemed to work better for a few weeks (until something else came up to complain about). Like YTown said, it's no cure all. However, it did brighten their day and the customers liked the new look too.

The way I see it, it's a "we're improving X because you it's important to stay fresh and keep you happy" kind of move. And with us being an NFL team, it also says that to the fans and maybe the rest of the NFL will notice too.

We've changed owners, improving the stadium, and trying to improve the team. Why not also improve the uni's too? Seems logical to throw the last few decades into the dumpster and move on.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
P
Legend
Legend
P
I just don't buy into how professionals making sometimes millions upon millions of dollars can be motivated by a uniform change.

When multi million dollar careers are on the line for both coaches and players, I believe if that doesn't motivate them for the future, nothing like a uniform will.

I believe it may send a message to the fan base. I also believe that message will mean little without solid results to follow up.

But let me ask you, if the team doesn't improve drastically, will new uniforms be enough for people not to say "same old Browns"?

I can see what you're saying when speaking about people making far less money. You use tools to try to motivate them because you can't pay them a lot. I don't see that holding true so much in an NFL setting.

JMHO

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Professionals making millions of dollars are still human, and subject to motivating factors that motivate other human beings.

I have heard our players talk about our uniforms and describe them as old fashioned and boring. Maybe a new uniform fives them a 1-5% boost. Is it minor? Sure it is. However, any little bit helps.

As far as the rest .... no a uniform alone won't carry the message, but it can be a help in carrying the message that these aren't the same old Browns. Further, when the other team sees a different uniform, maybe it gives them a second's pause as well. 1% here and 0.25% there and maybe a play gets made that wouldn't otherwise be made.

It's not a panacea, and it's not a cure all. What it is is a psychologically sound piece of a broader picture.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

It's not a panacea, and it's not a cure all. What it is is a psychologically sound piece of a broader picture.

And one FANTASTIC marketing scheme!

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Some people say perception is reality. What the Browns stand for is the Browns, but the thing about that is, I'm pretty sure that 31 teams in the NFL have the perception that they can come back in the 4th quarter, no matter the deficit, against these Browns, and when the game is on the line, the Browns are ripe to give the game away.

Why would I say that? I think the last dozen years plus have cemented that into the national perception of what is par for the course to expect vs. the Browns.

There was a time when the Patriots, with that guy hiking the ball on their helmut stood for horrible football the whole decade of the 1980's, and a super bowl loss that stood epic with any others.

There was a time when that D and full horse picture on the Bronco's uniform stood for bad defenses, nothing much more than Elway on offense, and 4 epic super bowl losses.

There was about a hundred year perception of losing to go with that Buccaneer helmut with the dude with the knife in his mouth, and that awful bright orange and weak white that they wore.

Teams when they play against them, know it's supposed to be an easy win, and it better be, or you're underperforming, it's just supposed to be that way.

Did the Falcons change their uniforms, Did the Cardinals. They had similar percepions, back in the 80's.
And what do ya know they all had mostly losing seasons all the time back then too. (except the Bronco's.)

So, if they change the uniforms, people aren't going to necessarily give them respect, but it will be easier to plant that seed of respect in peoples minds.

And isn't that what it's all about anyways, trying to win peoples hearts and minds.

Last edited by THROW LONG; 02/06/14 09:43 PM.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't think new uniforms will help us win........LOL.

However, I think our uniforms are butt-ugly and we really don't have much of a tradition. We have never even appeared in a Super Bowl. The last championship we won was 50 freaking years ago. That's not tradition. That is a distant memory that occurred when most of our fans were not even alive.

I hate the orange helmets. I don't really want a logo. It's kinda cool we don't have one, but that color............dang man, it's pathetic. I am not a big fan of the color orange at all. We are the Browns.............not the Oranges.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Personally I don't have a problem with a total overhaul. I know Haslam said the helmet won't change but I wouldn't be against it. I hate that our "Logo" is a helmet. I'd rather us use the Elf or the Dawg as our main Logo. It doesn't have to go on the helmet, but tired of seeing a generic helmet as our Logo. Its boring, and out dated. I like the idea of changing as much as they want and in fact support it.

Brown helmet with Orange facemask, with a orange stripe outlined in white down the middle,would look cool to me. Id even consider the Elf or the Dawg on the side of it. We are the Dawg Pound after all embrace it.

as far as the jersey I loved the pro-bowl jerseys with the numbers being chrome outlined in orange. How would that look on Brown? I think it would look sweet. Wish I had a laptop and not my Droid would love to see that on paper and not just in my head.

#brownsgoodkarma
Legend
Legend
Let me ask you a question bro. Are you older than 30 or younger than 30?

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
32, not sure where you are going with this.

#brownsgoodkarma
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Just to add my couple of pennies, I'm 33... change it all.

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
GO ROCKETS
Legend
Legend
It seems to me that MOST of the people who want big changes made are the younger guys. I was just wondering if my observations on the age thing were right or wrong.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Im 58 and I say change anything / everything... except NO LOGO on the helmets.

Change color scheme, different shades, matte etc ... dont care... just no logo on the helmets.

I probably dont fir your profile GM...

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'd like to use our current uniforms as a "throw back".....just think we need a makeover. I'm not against any change they come up with. I got a feeling things are going to turn around for us, and a new look is/would be part of that.

Old or Young i think people are burnt out with everything. Of course not being relevant for a long time has a lot to do with that.

#brownsgoodkarma
P
Legend
Legend
P
As I said earlier, I don't really have an issue with the change in the uniforms.

I just believe that changing the "culture of losing" has nothing to do with the uniforms.

It seems you agree......

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yes but your young at heart Texas

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Any new news on the Browns uniforms?

Link Copied to Clipboard