Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
http://dcprosportsreport.com/report-kyle-shanahan-is-the-root-of-redskins-problems/

I can't find the other articles in my history, but I know there were a few others that echoed this article. Sorry I couldn't find the others, or the 2012 Cowboys Redskins Thanksgiving game debacle that's poorly referenced. I'll see if I can find more, but hopefully Pettine doesn't let Kyle run the show like it sounds like Shanny allowed him to do.

Legend
Legend
I sure hope this isn't an accurate depiction of his actions.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Interesting...I don't think that I 1) mentioned Ian Rapaport, or 2) stated, either as opinion or fact, that the FO hired Shanahan out of desperation.

Actually, I think that it would show a lot of respect and maturity to accept that just because someone disagrees with you about something does not mean that they aren't a suitable candidate for the job, and to be willing to overlook those differences of opinion and act in the best interests of the franchise.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Man, Teddy would be great in this offense. He is so freaking football smart. He would be a perfect fit. Manziel should excel, as well.

Are you at all concerned about Bridgewater's size? He's listed as 6'3 195 but I've read he's probably somewhat lighter than that....

For a change we agree on something. I'm good with this hire. And I don't think we should go after Ben Tate(though if they did sign him I wouldn't be ticked or anything). Draft a RB or two(not like we have much on the roster now) and go from there.... I seriously doubt Tate would sign here anyway, unless we offer him double what a good team does.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Legend
Legend
i gotta agree.

whether or not any of its true. here the fact: he's hired. he's a brown.

so we can discuss how he will help our O, what piece will we need to do that, and such.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I'm assuming that question is for Vers, not me, as he posted that. But since you asked...I'm not concerned, but I do find it amusing when people say they don't want Manziel because he's too small but then say that they really want Bridgewater. Their response is often "well, Bridgewater can get bigger", as if Manziel can't.

Legend
Legend
i think multiple players in the NFL(brees, Wilson, even vick) have proven that height isn't really an issue.

its the scheme. wilson and bree's both stand in the pocket, but the offense also has plays where they roll out, making it so they see the entire field.

so thats not an issue with getting manziel, seeing as Kyle will probably do exactly that.

but all in all, Teddy just..imo, is the hands down better QB.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:

i think multiple players in the NFL(brees, Wilson, even vick) have proven that height isn't really an issue.

its the scheme. wilson and bree's both stand in the pocket, but the offense also has plays where they roll out, making it so they see the entire field.

so thats not an issue with getting manziel, seeing as Kyle will probably do exactly that.

but all in all, Teddy just..imo, is the hands down better QB.

If Bridgewater is really the best (and I have no reason to assume otherwise) then the only way we get him is to trade up cause he'll be gone by 4. So might Manziel for that matter.

So, that leaves the question, what would you give up to get either of them?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
After watching Brandon Weeden throw balls right into every defense line he played I don't see the big deal about height and batted balls.

Legend
Legend
personally, and i might get flamed for this...

i'd give up both 1st, and a 2nd, MAYBE next years 1st if need be.

i tired of this team thinking whatever QB we draft in the later rounds will be "good enough", or "X guy will be a stud" next year.

Teddy will be elite, especially with a OC like Kyle who tailors the system to the players, specifically the QB. Teddy has all the tools needed to be great. i'm not saying he needs to start out the gate, Hoyer can straight up going into next season as the starter.

besides, i look at the 3 games Hoyer started. above average QB play(question mark on the buffalo game) had us looking like a completely different team. i can only imagine the games we win if we had him, or a pro bowl QB on this team start the entire year.

So yea Daman, thats what i would give up from Teddy. he has everything you want in a QB, especially intelligence, and in the NFL, that is deadly for opposing defense. Teddy will make our WR's better, maybe not so much Gordon, but i would bet a paycheck Bess, Little, and even Benji's game will step up dramatically.

Last edited by Swish; 02/02/14 03:34 PM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Let's talk about how Shanny dissed the FO and how our FO is so desperate that they hired him anyway. Yeah.............that's the ticket.

Yeah, lets...

I hope he told them exactly what he thought, not what he thought they wanted to hear. I'd kind of like to think we didn't just hire a yes man because he wanted a job and the FO was willing to go "bold" and get someone who is their own man and wants to kick butt not kiss it.

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I have no way of knowing how the interview went. As little as I know I like the "idea" that Shanny was candid with Haslam and the other stooges. If its true it says something about his character that I find appealing. I also would like to believe that after being told something they didn't want to hear they set that aside to make a hire in the best interest of the organization. If that's true then it really suggests a healthy basis for their relationship going forward.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
For this scheme i do think we need to look at upgrading the guard position. I like Greco...but im not sure he was worth the money we gave him.

Now, who will the qb be? I could see bridgwater running this scheme....same goes for maziel....though i admit i cant stand the kid. Arrogant little punk if you ask me. The one i like the most is bortoles. He is big and strong, which is perfect for the AFC North, but also, he is mobile enough to be effective in this scheme. With all of this being said, i think the browns are going to trade away our second first round pick for Manziel.....because it seems lombardi and banner ar ein love with him for whatever reason.

As far as hoyer goes, even though he is coming of a acl tear.....i think he can run this scheme for a year while the rookie learns.

Now running back is important in this offense. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE CARLOS HYDE HERE, but in order to get him i think you have to take him in the first round...dont see him making it to our 2nd round pick. He is not the fastest runner int he draft BUT HE HAS THAT SPECIAL VISION that allows him to be one step ahead of the defenders despite not having blazing break away speed. I think he would be PERFECT for this offense.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think Manziel will be sitting at four.

Of course so much will depend on the combine.

B
2nd String
2nd String
B
I like Shanahan as OC. Schaub played well for him and so did RG3. I think he will be able to play to strength if his QB to make a successful offense.

Legend
Legend
I think he's a guy that wants to be a HC.

A guy like that is good. He has the drive. He knows turning us around is a quick way for him to get noticed.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Let's talk about how Shanny dissed the FO and how our FO is so desperate that they hired him anyway. Yeah.............that's the ticket.

It's hard to even read the board anymore. So much turns to gossip rather than football. I'm guilty of it as well. At least my gossip makes sense.

I don't know enough about Shanny or his preferred system. In fact, I know very little to nothing of any of our hires as I suspect is the same with 90% of this board. So it's hard for me to form an opinion on any of it. Hense, I haven't been posting. Just reading. Well, ... scrolling like crazy and reading a little between scrolls.

Look you guys, we hired the best coaches for the job. Or we didn't. Who knows, fans who've never heard of half the names until now? Fans look at a coaches past accomplishments and think they can predict how good a coach he is by how his former teams did. That's crap. There's way too many variables and now that they're on this team all the variables change.

For all our hires they will be working with a different HC and an entire staff who has never worked together as a unit before. Plus, they'll all be working with a different roster of players and a completely different FO. Who's to say which ones has been good or bad hires and how well they'll do? It's impossible. They may turn out to be the perfect storm of outstanding coaches as a unit leading us to the Super Bowl. Then again, they may set new records for ineptitude. It's all in the future. Not in the gossip or fortune telling.

Still we have those who are adamant their opinion is right. I suppose you'll have that everywhere. Then there's the ones who don't know squat so their talk turns to gossip about things that don't even matter let alone are far after the fact.

We have our coaches. Let's get behind them and try to follow what they're doing as the season progresses. It's only after the fact that we'll know anything for sure.

While we don't know the coaches; we do know the players. I agree with you that it would be a great discussion on how our current roster will fit the schemes and plans of the new regime. In my case though, as I've said, I know very little of the schemes these coaches plan to incorporate so it's hard for me to have an opinion. I'm more of an innocent by-stander at this point.

From what I've heard both Pettine and Shanny are the kind of coaches to scheme to the strengths of their players. Maybe that could be a talking point. Who does what well and where are the weakness and how those can be covered. Again, I'm at a loss because now we're talking X's and O's which is not my strong point.

I guess I don't have a strong point from the way I make me sound.

So I'm going to keep up with all the changes for now and save my opinion, for the most part, for when it makes sense for me to have one. It would be cool if about 89 others would do the same. At least the board would be clean enough to read the remaining posters who do make sense.

#gmstrong
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Quote:

Quote:

By the way Vers, I know you have been strong on Tate. Why? I know he has the goods to be a starter, but as a backup he can't stay healthy. He is hurt every year. You really feel that is good chase? Personally I take my chances in the draft especially this year. Not slamming here simply curious what you are seeing.

I either wrote it wrong or you misunderstood. I am of the opinion that we should not go after Tate. I agree w/you that he has had injury concerns. I also think he puts it on the ground a bit too much. Additionally, I can't see overpaying him in free agency. I would rather draft a RB in the middle rounds and roll w/the rook, Lewis, and Baker.

I misunderstood. Thanks!

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Vers, I guess everyone missed my post on the prior page. Mary Kay explains the Shanahan interview.

I normally don't give 2 cents what Mary Kay writes, but this year she has been 100%. For once, she finally has inside scoop from a reliable source. Lombardi?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
She is cute. Perhaps Lombardi has a little crush on her?

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This little tidbit is for U I like sharing things..

The Browns never soured on Shanny..dispite that report.

The Browns did have a very tough and detailed give and take with Shanahan about his time in Houston and Washington in regards to player issues(a lot of stuff out there about him having a silver spoon..control freak ,turning people off etc) and Shanahan had his fair share of questions about the Browns, the perception and the instability, etc.

They were a bitt surprised in how Shanahan questioned the organization, but they did not sour on him.

W
2nd String
2nd String
W
I'm sorry to disagree with everyone here. but Washington's offense under Shanahan Sucked!!! IMO The only way Dad could be HC was to fire his Son!!! Looks like we just scraped the bottom of the barrel because we let our coaching staff go to other teams. JMHO

Who Let Da Dawgs Out? Woof, Woof, Woof!!!!!
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Huh?

W
2nd String
2nd String
W
Like I said, Our defense was young and coming along, and we only needed a QB and RB on offense which we could get in the draft. We had extra picks to fills the gaps with all of our picks. I think we are starting over again, but that's the way it is. JMHO Go Browns!!!!

W
2nd String
2nd String
W
Quote:

Like I said, Our defense was young and coming along, and we only needed a QB and RB on offense which we could get in the draft. We had extra picks to fills the gaps with all of our picks. I think we are starting over again, but that's the way it is. JMHO Go Browns!!!!

Has anybody thought why the other teams before us Passed on Shanahan, but hired Our coaches away from us? JMHO

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Quote:

Quote:

Has anybody thought why the other teams before us Passed on Shanahan, but hired Our coaches away from us? JMHO

That's not a valid, nor logical, way of thinking about the situation. The old coaches leaving more than likely has nothing to do with the hire of Shanahan, other than the fact that he's taking over a position vacated by one of them. The old addage, "correlation doesn't equal causation" comes to mind. Just because one thing happened before the other, doesn't mean that there is direct cause and effect. Unless you can prove that teams in the market for an OC interviewed our coaches as well as Shanahan and picked the older coaches instead, then these two points are mutually exclusive to one another.

Coaching in the NFL is an old-boys-club where there is a low amount of new blood in the higher ranks each year. Most people in these positions are retreads from other teams with years of experience. I think it's very likely that the old coaches left to pursue other avenues of employment under people they already know, rather than stay and deal with an unknown.

There are no sacred cows.
Legend
Legend
We hired a DC as HC so he's ganna bring his guys in on that side of the ball.

And is anyone really ganna miss the Norv Turner style?

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Not much style .. And for all of you who want to argue the talent we had...press your fingers against your lips please... It was like watching kids walking around with their pants below their ass line....butt cheeks hanging out saying.." go ahead and pound me in the butt..I'm a loser, that's how we play ".... Bad style !!!!

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

I think it's very likely that the old coaches left to pursue other avenues of employment under people they already know, rather than stay and deal with an unknown.

Pretty much the way it works.....and there is nothing that said Pettine would have hired them to be on his staff. You take the job elsewhere or risk being unemployed.

Look what happened with our D. Four or five guys who worked with Pettine in Buffalo are now on this staff. I suspect that once Shanahan is in the building, we'll see a few of the people he knows around the league end up on our staff.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Quote:

Ask Gordon. He isn't gonna have these numbers with Jr calling plays.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Quote:

I will probably throw something and curse if we take Manziel, but I certainly won't give up on the team, nor would my reasons for being upset be so simplistic as 'because I don't like the guy'.

You know, PDR. I'll probably end up doing that, too. There a few reasons I don't like the guy and don't think he'll translate to a great pro. A lot of that was being discussed in the Manziel thread, so I don't want to hijack this one.

I'll be a Browns fan whether I like it or not

#gmstrong.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Is he or isn't he?

Only his hairdresser knows for sure.

Typical for her. If you asked her which way was up, she'd look up, then down and point at the floor and exclaim, "There!"

Well, the title of this thread leads one to believe it's a done deal and yet, nothing verifies that.

It used to be that when a title like that showed up here, there was a link to a REAL STORY where it was verified.

It may be true, in fact I'd bet it is. It's just not verified yet. And IMO, shouldn't be posted as fact yet.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000321397/article/kyle-shanahan-to-be-cleveland-browns-next-oc

Hey, we've seen that article before.. It's the one I referred to as the only article not crediting the Tweet that started this.

As I also said, I believe it to be true So I'm not sure why posting an article already posted above needs done.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

Quote:

Because if we know one thing, Shanahan isn't going to throw it to the #1 receiver.

Also, that's totally wrong and Shanahan definitely DOES gameplan to give it to the #1 receiver a ton.

Not sure why this stupid idea that Shanahan doesn't want to get Gordon involved is running through this fanbase.

you had a good run Hank.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Because if we know one thing, Shanahan isn't going to throw it to the #1 receiver.

Also, that's totally wrong and Shanahan definitely DOES gameplan to give it to the #1 receiver a ton.

Not sure why this stupid idea that Shanahan doesn't want to get Gordon involved is running through this fanbase.

to help perperuate the woe is me syndrome, forget the great years Johnson had, or the fact that Garcon got over 1400 yards last year and he is not a true #1.

Yeah Gordon will be lucky to get 350 yards next year under Shannahan.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
O
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
O
Quote:

Quote:

Not much style .. And for all of you who want to argue the talent we had...press your fingers against your lips please... It was like watching kids walking around with their pants below their ass line....butt cheeks hanging out saying.." go ahead and pound me in the butt..I'm a loser, that's how we play ".... Bad style !!!!

OK, I was pretty much having a slow Monday morning until I read this.

Now we're talking.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Nothing new here.

Every time we get a new coaching staff we hear all these great things. Fans support them and get all excited expecting great things.

They make excuses for their short comings and exaggerate their strong suits. Then in a year or two we dog them like there's no tomorrow.

I remember just last year how everyone was going over the top about the previous coaching staff. The great Norv Turner, the fantastic D mind of Horton and how Chud could get the most out of a QB.

And actually, when looking at the resume' of the previous coaching staff, it looked MUCH better than this one.

Good luck with all of your high hopes. Pardon me if I'm not so nearly as excited.

JMHO

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

Shanahan definitely DOES gameplan to give it to the #1 receiver a ton.

I'm sure drafting Watkins would end that belly-achin'.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Quote:

NEW YORK -- The Browns offered former Redskins offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan their coordinator position Saturday night, and it's expected to be finalized by Monday, a league source told cleveland.com.

Shanahan, 34, is currently on vacation with his family and will sign the contract when he returns, a source said. But both sides are fully on board and expect the negotiations to go smoothly on Monday.

Shanahan's interview with the Browns on Wednesday went well and he became a frontrunner from the start. A report on NFL Network Thursday that it didn't go as planned and that the Browns had moved on from him was inaccurate, a source said.

Of the candidates known to have interviewed with the Browns, Shanahan has the most experience as a coordinator. He's run offenses for six seasons, including two in Houston under Gary Kubiak and the last four in Washington under his father, Mike. In four of his six seasons as a coordinator, Shanahan's offenses have finished in the top 10. The Browns also interviewed Raiders quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo, who's never been a coordinator in the pros.

Kyle, 34, and Mike were fired after this season, one in which the Redskins tumbled to a 3-13 mark and second-year quarterback Robert Griffin III struggled after undergoing surgery in the offseason to repair a torn ACL and torn LCL in his knee.

Despite not yet having coordinator, the Browns hired former Titans offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains as their quarterbacks coach on Thursday, a source told cleveland.com, and added former Ravens offensive line coach Andy Moeller to coach their line, two sources told the Baltimore Sun. On Monday, the Browns hired former Bucs assistant Brian Angelichio to coach tight ends. The Browns haven't yet announced the additions of Loggains and Moeller.

The Shanahans were fired in large part because of their rift with RGIII, who came to mistrust them, according to the Washington Post.

But former NFL quarterback Chris Simms, a close friend of Shanahan's since they played together at Texas, told cleveland.com on Thursday that Shanahan got a bad rap in the RGIII controversy and that no one complained in 2012 when he was one of the hottest quarterbacks in the NFL as a rookie.

The Redskins went 10-6 in 2012 for first place in the NFC East, but lost 24-14 to the Seahawk in the wildcard round. RGIII blew out the knee in that game, and the Washington Post reported that he felt Shanahan called more read-option plays than anticipated.

"To me, you're talking about a guy (in RGIII) who was in the NFL for less than a year, and then we're talking about a guy (in Shanahan) who's been around the NFL his whole life, has had tremendous success, had top 10 offenses his last two years with the Texans and then in his last two years in Washington,'' said Simms. "So I tend to trust the guy that's been around the league and has the numbers to back it up rather than the guy that came from Baylor and was part of an offense that didn't even have a playbook and really is kind of new to the NFL world. There's a lot of (misconceptions) about Kyle because of kind of the ruckus that went on down there this year.''

Shanahan, who's spent 10 seasons in the NFL, helped create what his dad dubbed the "East Coast Offense” in 2012 that led Washington to its first NFC East championship in 13 years. Incorporating the Pistol, Shanahan's offense became the first in NFL history to pass for 3,400 yards and rush for 2,700 yards in the same season.

Despite starting rookies at quarterback and running back (Alfred Morris) for all 16 games, the Redskins won their first rushing title since 1993 and led the NFL in yards per play (6.17). RGIII also became the team’s first AP Offensive Rookie of the Year since 1975 and set NFL rookie records for passer rating (102.4), interception percentage (1.27) and rushing yards by a rookie quarterback (815).

In Week 15 in Cleveland, Shanahan coached another rookie quarterback, Kirk Cousins, to a 38-21 victory over the Browns with a season-high 329 yards passing. Morris, a sixth-round pick, also set the Redskins’ team record with 1,613 rushing yards in 2012.

Things deteriorated so quickly in one season that Shanahan wasn't even consulted on the decision to bench Griffin III for the final three weeks of this season, and was against the move.

"If it was about really football, I think you would talk to the offensive coordinator," Kyle Shanahan told reporters. "But the decision doesn't have to do with football, it has to do with the future of an organization. That's out of my realm."

Despite the Redskins' last-place finish, Shanahan's offense finished ninth overall and fifth in rushing.

"The thing I feel good about is people who know football, and people who know football are the people I work with -- they're the people I coach and the people that hire me," he said. "I don't think people who will dictate my future and give me job offers and stuff like that are going to go off what talk shows say or what articles say. I think they're going to go off what I put on tape, and what I've done in my career.

"I think I've done some pretty good things statistically, and I know statistics aren't everything, but they do say a lot and I think you can put my statistics with anybody's and I feel pretty good about that. Yeah, I would love it if all you guys focused on that instead of my last name, but I understand that it's not your guys' job either. But the main thing is that coaches and GMs who hire people, they want to win football games."

Shanahan admitted that the tumultuous 2013 season changed his view of the profession.

"I think it's hardened me," he said. "I had a little bit of a make-believe childhood growing up with a coach, 'Oh, this is awesome, if you get into coaching you win every year.' ... I don't know if I'm wiser now, or understand the reality that coaching is tough. But I can handle it."

Shanahan also downplayed reports of his rift with RGIII.

"Robert is very coachable,'' he said. "He came out of a system that wasn't really similar to ones in the NFL. He's been awesome to work with since we've gotten him. He's tried everything we've asked him to do. He's gotten better in a lot of areas. We've asked him to do things that he hadn't done before until he got here. I think he did a hell of a job with that stuff last year. He's continued to grow this year.

Before joining his dad in Washington,Shanahan spent four seasons in Houston, the final two as coordinator (2008-09). Under his guidance, the 2009 Texans led the NFL in passing yards (4,654) and ranked fourth in total offense (6,129 yards), both franchise records. They also set a team mark with 29 touchdown passes. Quarterback Matt Schaub and wide receiver Andre Johnson formed one of the league’s most dangerous tandems, with Schaub leading the NFL in passing yards (4,776) and Johnson ranking first in receiving yards(1,569) and third in receptions (101). Both Schaub and Johnson were Pro Bowl selections.

Shanahan, who played receiver at Texas, served as offensive quality control coach for the Bucs under Jon Gruden in 2004 and 2005, helping receiver Michael Clayton establish franchise rookie records for receptions and receiving touchdowns. He also helped receiver Joey Galloway finish seventh in the NFL in receiving yard-age in 2005.

Link

Legend
Legend
Quote:

But former NFL quarterback Chris Simms, a close friend of Shanahan's since they played together at Texas, told cleveland.com on Thursday that Shanahan got a bad rap in the RGIII controversy and that no one complained in 2012 when he was one of the hottest quarterbacks in the NFL as a rookie.

The Redskins went 10-6 in 2012 for first place in the NFC East, but lost 24-14 to the Seahawk in the wildcard round. RGIII blew out the knee in that game, and the Washington Post reported that he felt Shanahan called more read-option plays than anticipated.

"To me, you're talking about a guy (in RGIII) who was in the NFL for less than a year, and then we're talking about a guy (in Shanahan) who's been around the NFL his whole life, has had tremendous success, had top 10 offenses his last two years with the Texans and then in his last two years in Washington,'' said Simms. "So I tend to trust the guy that's been around the league and has the numbers to back it up rather than the guy that came from Baylor and was part of an offense that didn't even have a playbook and really is kind of new to the NFL world. There's a lot of (misconceptions) about Kyle because of kind of the ruckus that went on down there this year.''

Chris Simms is just a Texas Ex Baylor hater.

I am a little worried about the read option stuff. All the "consensus" top 4 QBs have the ability to run. Like I said when it was possible we could get Griffin, I don't want our QB running. Too much riding on that. Look what happened to Hoyer when he scrambled and tried to get extra yards. Very similar result to Griffin. Of course there are times when you need your QB to scramble, but please let's not add opportunities for our QB to get injured.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Hey, we've seen that article before.. It's the one I referred to as the only article not crediting the Tweet that started this.

As I also said, I believe it to be true So I'm not sure why posting an article already posted above needs done.

I hadn't read the reply that some other poster replied with the link at the time that I posted my own. I was lazy and didn't go back and delete it.

*shrug* Besides, it might have had to get 'banged' into your head.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns hire Kyle Shanahan as offensive coordinator

Link Copied to Clipboard