Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
This Congresswomen stated the constitution was 400 years old! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? She holds one of the highest offices in the land and doesn't even know the basics about our country's history? Scary doesn't even begin to describe the thoughts I have about this...

Watch the video.

web page

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
people make mistakes....

but she has made far too many of them. aint that the same woman who said she use to be a slave or something?

it boggles my mind how she still has a seat. who keeps voting for her?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
"Guam will tip over"...Hank Johnson

"My first long trip after I got my drivers license was to Hawaii".....Cory Booker

There's no end to the gaffes.
Some think these folks are smarter than most because they're in office.
Means nothing.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sheila Jackson Lee is the congresswoman that asked NASA if the Mars Rover could show her the flag the astronauts planted. Here's an article on her.

web page

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
D
Legend
Legend
D
Must be something in the water in DC ...

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." - Barack Obama

"Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs." - Joe Biden

Ehh, people say dumb things sometimes, especially under stress, or from fatigue. I sure Obama knows how many states there are. I'm fairly sure Biden knows jobs is a 4-letter word. Jackson-Lee, on the other hand, might really think the Constitution is 400 years old. From everything I've observed and read, she's as dumb as a bag of hammers.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Please stop insulting bags of hammers.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

people make mistakes....

That is not a mistake, that is complete ignorance of the very thing she is supposed to represent.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Wasn't it Hillary who said she was shot at in Bosnia?

#GMSTRONG
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
That's funny. It reminds me of when people talk about how long ago slavery was.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yes, but that was a lie, not ignorance.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Makes me wonder why there aren't term limits on Congress

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Quote:

Or some sort of competency testing... I mean you can't go from grade to grade in school without it, to college without it, enter the military, go to work for the post office or many other positions without at least taking a civil service exam. Shouldn't literacy and basic competency be a part of holding higher office?

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

This Congresswomen stated the constitution was 400 years old! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? She holds one of the highest offices in the land and doesn't even know the basics about our country's history? Scary doesn't even begin to describe the thoughts I have about this...

Watch the video.

web page

It's actually an accomplishment for her to speak the English language.

Legend
Legend
People, especially at the local level, tend to vote for people most like them.

She doesn't set the bar very high, so people in her district don't have to try very hard to keep up.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Legend
Legend
P

Just sayin'. Nothing new about it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
At least George can spell the word 'respect'

P
Legend
Legend
P
Are you sure about that?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Quote:

Sheila Jackson Lee is the congresswoman that asked NASA if the Mars Rover could show her the flag the astronauts planted. Here's an article on her.

web page

She also railed about hurricane names at one time. She claimed they were all "lilly white" names.

“Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family.” -AOC
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Don't you have to be pretty damned ignorant to lie like that?

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

No, that would be called stupidity.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

It wasn't that long ago that she probably would've gotten away with a claim like that.

And if I were a politician, I'd probably underestimate what I could get away with. It's a gig where an entire room can know that you're lying, but let it go, anyway.

Legend
Legend
We've always misunderestimated him...

"too many notes, not enough music-"
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
''Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream.''

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Just sayin'. Nothing new about it.

Bush is famous for his Bushisms. He wasn't very intelligent.

I wasn't a fan of his, even when he was my governor.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

Are you sure about that?

Well, I wouldn't put money on it

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

It bothers me when people claim this. W graduated from Yale with a BA in history and then received an MBA from Harvard. The man is very intelligent.

He definitely struggled with articulation when giving a speech. But that shouldn't be confused with his intelligence.

Here's and article from a Stanford professor that worked in Bush's administration. It's titled "George W. Bush is smarter than you"

LIbertatem Defendimus!!

2010 Dawgtalkers NCAA Bracket Challenge Champ!!
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

It bothers me when people claim this. W graduated from Yale with a BA in history and then received an MBA from Harvard. The man is very intelligent.

He definitely struggled with articulation when giving a speech. But that shouldn't be confused with his intelligence.

Here's and article from a Stanford professor that worked in Bush's administration. It's titled "George W. Bush is smarter than you"

he also dodged vietnam. so there's that.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I liked the guy on a personal level. I think he was a good father. Politically speaking, he wasn't a good governor nor a very good president.

Obama graduated from Harvard but still pronounces the word 'corpsman' as 'corpseman' and his degree aside and all that mumbo jumbo, isn't very intelligent at all. He's an elitist that thinks that just his spoken words are enough to convince people. We see how well he's doing on his domestic and foreign policy fronts. Nobody even cares what he has to say anymore. Not domestically and internationally, he's even more of a laughingstock.

Bush was more 'down to earth' than the Emperor Obama, but that doesn't equate to intelligence. He could no more relate to common Americans than his father.

I know a man going to the Tuck School at Dartmouth who I would certainly say is light years ahead in intelligence than either of them. Funny how he grew up in Brooklyn, went into the military, attended Hofstra and now is at the Tuck School.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
At the end of the day I'd rather have a bunch of Bushes than one Frank Underwood type of President.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I struggle finding the correlation of intelligence with where someone went to school.

Some of the smartest people I know never went to college or went to a no name school. Some of the dumbest, most incompetent people I know went to schools known for "smart people".

I think the notion that a school somehow proves intelligence is one of the great myths there is.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K

Check out young Bush in 1994. He doesn't really resemble the bumbling president he turned into. Granted I think 99% of politicians are scumbags so I don't really care how eloquent they sell their scumbaggery. We need a constitutional ammendment that has term limits and hanging at the end of said term

I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
I think it is all in how comfortable someone is in the public arena. Obama seems more confident in it than "W". Then again, take away his teleprompter and we've seen where he can go sometimes. Wasn't there a poll that showed more people are afraid of public speaking than dying?

“Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family.” -AOC
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

Granted I think 99% of politicians are scumbags so I don't really care how eloquent they sell their scumbaggery.

Haha but truth...

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Bush's mumbling side probably tested much better than the elegant side.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Or some sort of competency testing...

There is competency testing to attain higher office in this country, only it's the voters competency, not the candidates, that is tested and we fail more often than not.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Or some sort of competency testing...

There is competency testing to attain higher office in this country, only it's the voters competency, not the candidates, that is tested and we fail more often than not.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I see your Shelia Jackson and raise you a Virginia Foxx....

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Can't believe the idiots in Washington!

Link Copied to Clipboard