Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Wanna put money on that?

yeah

keep in mind... I have said where many times he will likely be drafted in the first round (as a starter) and where he should be drafted in the 2nd/3rd round (as a backup to sit and learn for a year or two)

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
eotab #865187 03/20/14 03:20 PM
Legend
OP Online
Legend

Ya know EO I am actually rooting for Manziel. I hope he does well.

With that said I still believe it is going to be tough sledding for him.

bonefish #865188 03/20/14 03:32 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
Just busting your chops...

I like JM a lot would love for him to be here. I do think if taken we would sit him at least as long as Hoyer was doing well and winning.

But as we know TOP QBs taken are only 50/50 rate of success so its a good odds bet in a prediction thread of this type to state a QB. Bortles sort of shouts out to me as one of those Gabbert types.

You never know...another might be Clowney...if he goes with Texans or RAMS I think he will do well cause both have talent where he should have instant Positive results and feed his Need to become the best. But if he gets on a team that doesn't have much talent - he could go south fast with Negative reinforcement hitting him.

The surest pick...in my book for us - without a doubt Robinson. He might struggle if a team tries to start him at LT. But with us at RT in an Outside Zone blocking scheme With Dray boxing in the corner...Robinson moving outside sizing some LB or DB up for a hurting! Sorry as I drool....Safest pick. Question is - is it time to be SAFE or take a chance - that is the Question.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
eotab #865189 03/20/14 03:35 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Just busting your chops...

Trying to qualify for the biggest chops bust?

yebat' Putin
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IMO Teddy Bridgewater is going to have issues in the NFL. He has already admitted he needs to wear gloves to be more accurate. He is using the excuse for his accuracy issues in his pro day.

If that's the case why didn't he wear the gloves in his pro day? This alone shows me he makes poor decisions. He could be a head case if he thinks wearing gloves is that big of a factor. I have that uneasy feeling he's going to be the biggest bust at QB. especially if he is expected to start right away. I don't think he's NFL ready.

lol, wow

What do you think about the gloves? Sounds strange that a QB has an issue throwing when not wearing gloves vs. wearing them right? Normaly I would think it's the other way around. Potential yes.....potential head case.

I am certain he was hearing things about how he "had to wear gloves" because his hand size, blah blah blah. My gut says he just wanted to prove he could throw without them, realized it was a mistake, tried to switch back and it didn't go well.

I keep hearing about his "floating" passes and his "ducks", you know who else throw ducks? Peyton Manning, how does he beat teams? At the LOS, that's what I see in Teddy, a guy who understands the game. A guy that can step in day one and be successful.

All this talk of him falling out of the first round is shenanigans. Ej FREAKING Manuel went in the first round last year. EJ MANUEL!

eotab #865191 03/21/14 03:30 PM
Legend
OP Online
Legend

I knew it was chain pulling but in all honesty I want Manziel to do well in the league. The NFL needs guys like him. It would be good for the game. But I sure hope it is not the Browns that draft him unless it is in the second round.

Another guy that has bust potential is Kelvin Benjamin. He is a giant target but he has no quickness. His 40 time not so hot at 4.60. He drops balls that should be caught then makes some great catches. But guys like him although large get covered.

bonefish #865192 03/21/14 03:40 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think Manziel would do more to change the culture of losing than any player in the draft but its hard to use a top 10 pick on a 5-11 QB thats only 207 lbs.

BpG #865193 03/21/14 04:00 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IMO Teddy Bridgewater is going to have issues in the NFL. He has already admitted he needs to wear gloves to be more accurate. He is using the excuse for his accuracy issues in his pro day.

If that's the case why didn't he wear the gloves in his pro day? This alone shows me he makes poor decisions. He could be a head case if he thinks wearing gloves is that big of a factor. I have that uneasy feeling he's going to be the biggest bust at QB. especially if he is expected to start right away. I don't think he's NFL ready.

lol, wow

What do you think about the gloves? Sounds strange that a QB has an issue throwing when not wearing gloves vs. wearing them right? Normaly I would think it's the other way around. Potential yes.....potential head case.

I am certain he was hearing things about how he "had to wear gloves" because his hand size, blah blah blah. My gut says he just wanted to prove he could throw without them, realized it was a mistake, tried to switch back and it didn't go well.

I keep hearing about his "floating" passes and his "ducks", you know who else throw ducks? Peyton Manning, how does he beat teams? At the LOS, that's what I see in Teddy, a guy who understands the game. A guy that can step in day one and be successful.

All this talk of him falling out of the first round is shenanigans. Ej FREAKING Manuel went in the first round last year. EJ MANUEL!

Oh he'll go in the first round alright. IMO with a good possibilty of being a 1st round bust. We'll see. It's a real a crap shoot, it always is.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Clowney.....I don't think he has the heart to do what it takes.

bonefish #865195 03/23/14 07:29 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Khalil Mack, he's not a 3 down player imho. I really like him as a pass rushing OLB (more than Mingo), but he's my "tough bet", although I hope he does well wherever he goes.

But if it's the Browns are drafting him, I'll start a "Fire Farmer" thread, because much like the Mingo pick, it'd be stupid on multiple levels.

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

But if it's the Browns are drafting [Mack], I'll start a "Fire Farmer" thread, because much like the Mingo pick, it'd be stupid on multiple levels.

Yes (although I didn't dislike the Mingo pick as much as you).

V
Legend
Legend
V
I like Mack. I just don't like him as our pick.

I also think Mingo is a pretty good player who will only get better.

bonefish #865198 03/29/14 12:30 PM
Rookie
Rookie
Finnaly, I guy who sees it. I don't agree with many but, here is one guy who is not afraid to go against the grain to point out the truth. I DO NOT WANT JOHNNY WHATEVER ON THE BROWN"S LIST!!! Why? listed above.

Here we go again
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I know initially I said CJ Mosley, and I'll still bet he's going to be an awful bust in the NFL, but having watched a lot of Khalil Mack stuff today, boy does he look pretty awful against the top competition.

He had one signature play against Ohio State and he got DOMINATED by Baylor. He looked nearly undraftable in that tape. It's pretty bad.

Add Mack to my list of big busts.

you had a good run Hank.
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Haven't watched everybody yet - but at the moment:

Xavier Su’a-Filo

I've usually been a big proponent of big name guards. I wanted DeCastro at 22 two years ago, and loved both Cooper and Warmack last year. But Su'a-Filo looks terrible on game film. He's fast, he's athletic, he has good feet, but he lets defenders blow past him way too often in pass protection. And while he gets to the second level on run blocks, he doesn't defeat good DTs on the first level.

~Lyuokdea
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Yeah, that's what happens when you actually WATCH guys play. If the discrepancy between the written hype and what you see is high, than so is the bust factor...at least that's my observation of recent drafts and prospects.

I really don't know how anyone can watch him play and think he's a top 10 guy. I don't even see him as a top 50 player in a normal draft, and this one is really deep. Guys like Murphy or Lawrence are much more complete football players, who can play any down. I'd take them over Mack any draft.

Same with XSF as Lyuok pointed out. I really wanted to like him since we need a plug and play OG, but the film was so disappointing. Like Yankey, he just gets beat way too many time on the spot and that's THE elementary requirement for ANY OL, that's why both made my "avoid" lists.

Hopefully, Farmer stays the hell away from them

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
bonefish #865202 04/09/14 10:07 AM
Legend
OP Online
Legend

"Another guy that has bust potential is Kelvin Benjamin. He is a giant target but he has no quickness. His 40 time not so hot at 4.60. He drops balls that should be caught then makes some great catches. But guys like him although large get covered."
========================================================

I watched him last night on Game Changers. I take back my comments. He said something that made me rethink what I thought. He said "You have to honest with yourself. You know how you played and what has to be improved".

That comment tells me he gets it. He will work on his flaws. In college he would miss easy throws and make tough ones. That can be corrected. If you can make the difficult catches. You can make the easy ones. It is just lack of concentration.

He is a giant target and should be able to post up DB's. He lacks quickness so he has to have great hands. If you can not get separation you have to be able to out muscle the corners for the ball. If he gets that down he could be very good.

bonefish #865203 04/09/14 10:49 AM
N
Legend
Legend
N
I agree with your original comments. While you can work on having good hands to some degree, some of it is just inherent talent. Greg Little has worked on catching the ball and one of the reasons the coaches refused to cut him to send a message was apparently because of his work ethic. Yet, the hands still are not there.

Some guys are just not good at catching the ball. Benjamin is one of those guys.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I agree with your original comments. While you can work on having good hands to some degree, some of it is just inherent talent. Greg Little has worked on catching the ball and one of the reasons the coaches refused to cut him to send a message was apparently because of his work ethic. Yet, the hands still are not there.

Some guys are just not good at catching the ball. Benjamin is one of those guys.

Agreed. I'm sure Braylon worked his butt off to make sure he didn't drop the easy ones, yet he still did. Being able to consistently catch the ball is something that can be improved, but there's a lot of natural skill involved too.

Some guys can work at it all they want, but the results just aren't there

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
V
Legend
Legend
V
Leon never worked his butt off. You can take that one to the bank.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Leon never worked his butt off. You can take that one to the bank.

Agreed. He just lacked it between the ears. He would make some incredible catches, but when he had time to think about the catch he would botch it. No ability to concentrate. He did better when all he had time to was react.

Being able to make a difficult catch means the hands are OK. Not being able to make the easy ones means the concentration and focus are not there. Another story and not an easy thing to fix.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I'm going with WRs- Benjamin from FSU...and I don't know why Matthews reminds me somewhat of Robo...but I actually like Matthews

tru_dawgs #865208 04/10/14 09:13 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think the biggest bust will be Bortles. One of those draft rules is do not draft a QB with poor accuracy in the first. I believe in that. Arms get stronger but accuracy is much harder to develop.

Benjamin falls into another rule of dont draft questionable hands in the first.

Zack Martin will bust at tackle but should stud at guard.

E
Legend
Legend
E
BE...I saw a different BE after he injured himself his rookie season. I think that shaped him a lot...he was more involved with his looks as a career than his game. But the few games before that injury - I thought he played all out. Never saw that same INTENSITY after that. As for his practice ethics...I have no clue I never saw him at practice, nor the classroom but I did read some negatives from the classroom.

jmho n memory.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2014 NFL Season NFL Draft 2014 Biggest Bust

Link Copied to Clipboard