Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Logan Thomas: Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
j/c

I should have mentioned this player earlier. I hope he continues to remain unnoticed, maybe until the Browns are on the clock with their final pick.
Brock Vereen

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Has tiny hands,

Geesh .... his hands are 8 1/4", the same size as mine.

Now I have an inferiority complex.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I see, you got jokes. That aside, all prospects have some flaws. Sleepers usually have more. I'm looking more at his potential as a pass defender rather than a turnover producer where bigger mitts would be an assert.

Legend
Legend
Actually, I never saw hands mentioned as a negative as far as a Safety is concerned.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Don't know about the rest of you but I continue to stumble on to players that I didn't know a lot about. Came up with this name while playing the First Pick game. Then looked around the web for information on the guy. I think he actually has top 100 talent but he's had some off-field issues. Then I got the specifics of his "criminal involvement". Three arrest between 2012 and 2013 season. 1 Complaint of public intoxication. 2. Peeing in public. 3. Providing alcohol to a minor. Those are not good things and they should be investigated and he should have to answer any questions to the satisfaction of a team interested in him. But we're talking a 20 something kid here.

Football wise this is a big strong physical fast WR. Does body catch a little more than he should but also shows he can pluck the ball and he punishes defenders once he has the rock.

Tracy Moore #1

Tracy Moore #2

Tracy Moore #3

T
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

Last year when doing mock drafts...I started taking a liking to Logan Thomas...as far as Cam Newton comparisons I thought OK he's going to go back to school and get better...wrong lol love the guy...erratic poor timing confused too easily iffy at best decision making...but with body and arm and solid running skill...he's going to get drafted on his frame alone...saw some mocks having him going 2nd or 3rd round...that's a bust if any...though if he indeed goes very late (where he truly belongs) he's a definite project...if he sits 2-3 years and learns he could be a solid pro...I would not mind him as a 7th round project pick one bit...

T
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

Don't know about the rest of you but I continue to stumble on to players that I didn't know a lot about. Came up with this name while playing the First Pick game. Then looked around the web for information on the guy. I think he actually has top 100 talent but he's had some off-field issues. Then I got the specifics of his "criminal involvement". Three arrest between 2012 and 2013 season. 1 Complaint of public intoxication. 2. Peeing in public. 3. Providing alcohol to a minor. Those are not good things and they should be investigated and he should have to answer any questions to the satisfaction of a team interested in him. But we're talking a 20 something kid here.

Football wise this is a big strong physical fast WR. Does body catch a little more than he should but also shows he can pluck the ball and he punishes defenders once he has the rock.

Tracy Moore #1

Tracy Moore #2

Tracy Moore #3

You know he reminds me of...Greg Little with hands seems to play tough doesn't get huge YAC but plays strong and appears to catch well...wouldn't mind him late either...who knows may even go in UDFA I'd def. Bring him in

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
His best chance to make the NFL is as a TE.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

At 6'1, 215#? As a TE?

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Quote:

Quote:

At 6'1, 215#? As a TE?

He was talking about Logan Thomas.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Name: Logan Thomas
College: Virginia Tech
Position: Quarterback
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 248 lbs
Forty Yard Dash: 4.61
Vertical: 35.5"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) Jeff Janis WR Saginaw Valley St. Size and speed, apparently did well in post season practices/ game. 6'3 guys who run a 4.4 somehow stick on rosters.

2) Vinney Sunseri S Alabama, I believe he got hurt, he and Clinton Dix were the best safety tandems in college. Coached very well and has superb instincts , very underrated athlete IMO. I really think he will play on Sundays.

B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Some potential steals:

Colt Lystra-TE-Oregon
Aaron Murray-QB-Georgia
Devin Street-WR-Pittsburgh

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Name: Logan Thomas
College: Virginia Tech
Position: Quarterback
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 248 lbs
Forty Yard Dash: 4.61
Vertical: 35.5"

Sorry, your response was immediately after his post about Tracy Moore. My apologies for not quite understanding that you were replying to his comment about Logan Thomas.

It was just a bit confusing with your comment without any other clarification.

In regards to Logan Thomas, I agree... but only if he can catch. Anyone know if he was on Va Tech's basketball team?

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
If I recall correctly that's what he played in HS and was recruited as.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
j/c

Philip Gains CB, Rice. I'm not sure why he is not being touted as a top 2 rounds guy. He's a physical, fast, huge corner. LOVE him.

you had a good run Hank.
R
Rookie
Rookie
R
Quote:

plays like olive oil not popeye

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
my late round guys are Denicos Allen and Connor Shaw...

I think both will have + NFL careers. Shaw has played with high expectations and has been a VERY large part of why South Carolina has been successful the past 4 years, and was a HUGE part of it this year as they played some VERY VERY good football, and were incredibly well quarterbacked.

Denicos Allen i think is also an underrated part of the Sparty defense this season that was one of the best in the game. Allen plays alot like a TJ Ward to me...just a little slower, and a little better as a run stuffer at the LOS between the tackles. With less quality outside the tackles...but the same style player

"It has to start somewhere
It has to start somehow
What better place than here?
What better time than now?"
T
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
T
An update on Texas CB Carrington Byndom measured in at 5'11 and a quarter 177 lbs ran a blistering 4.33 40 4.37 official 38' inch vertical...here's a nice post pro day interview...seems well rounded and mature for a player...would not mind him late in the draft...Texas DBs seem to always do well in the NFL and the guy was mentioned as a 2nd round pick last year...not bad for a round 7 steal...interview below... Looks cut as well

http://m.youtube.com/v/cmxzCuHwues

Last edited by tru_dawgs; 04/12/14 01:03 PM.
T
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
T
Sorry I can't get the link to work just Google "Carrington Byndom interview" should do the trick lol

M
All Pro
All Pro
M
Brock Jensen -QB North Dakota State

Last edited by Molly Hatchet Dawg; 04/12/14 01:25 PM.

"My opinions and feelings are mine and shall not be influenced by anyone....especially liberals."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Although I think Crowell is more talented as a runner I like this player, Rajon Neal, because I think he's a more complete player. Good size and speed. Runs inside and out. Displays pass pro skills and can catch with his hands from the RB position.

Not sure Crowell would embrace any role other than featured back. I think Neal offers quite a bit as a late round pick and he would accept whatever role the team needs from him.

Rajon Neal -RB, Tennessee

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

Tom Savage QB Pittisburg. 6'4 230lbs

21 TD's, 9 INT's, 2,958 yards

Gil Brandt compared Savage to a player he scouted when he worked for the Cowboys. Troy Aikman after watching hin throw for 6 TD's againts Duke last year.

Mike Mayock also feels he could be a real sleeper in the draft due to his boucing around in college. He started his career at Rutgers but lost his job when he was injured and Dodd came in and played really well. Greg Shiano went with Dodd because he did not want to remove a "HOT" QB. Savage transferred to Arizona but while sitting out his transfer year Arizona hired Rich Rod. Savage is a pocket passer and did not fit Rich Rod's spread option attack. He then transferred to Pitt.

Strengths-
Has a cannon for an arm. quick release, moves in the pocket well, shows good ability to lead receivers, like Big ben has shruggged off defenders and extended plays, decent speed to escape in the pocket but not a threat to run the ball.

Weakness -
Needs to have better touch on short routes, passes hang when throwing on the run, relies heavily on arm strength to beat defenders needs to learn to move defenders with eyes and pump fakes, body of work is limited due to transfers.

Would be a nice project to draft in the 5th or later.

From what I've read,he's flying up draft boards to the point he was invited to the draft. I have to assume he's no worst than a day 2 pick now.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2014 NFL Season NFL Draft 2014 Who's your late round sleeper?

Link Copied to Clipboard