Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
E
Legend
Legend
E
Just for the record, next season we will not be able to sniff the #1, 2 or even 3 slot to get the top 2 QBs whoever they may be.

The old adage don't put off today for tomorrow does apply.

A bird in hand is worth two in the bush...yada yada yada

We can groom a QB - Hoyer can be just OK or he can develop into a Brees/Montana type. For us that will be a mountain of BUY BACK for all the bad things that happened to us

Still Teddy or JM is in our near future? If not Robinson the OT is a beast - not sure how he will be as a LT but as a RT a BEAST!!! Don't try to over think that. Too much money for OL? Will he be able to take over for Joe T? Pretty much it would give us the BEST CORE for a great OL...Mack at Center and the best Corner Tandem in the NFL. The run game pass game would benefit. Screens, sweeps.

Horizontal and Vertical stretch. When in doubt...go OL if you ask me. RT is getting more important as many teams have two elite Pass rushers now. Also the bigger DEs are getting faster and faster. Robinson is that good! No QB....he's my guy.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
its very possible. Also of next years class, i woudlnt touch winston but I love Bryce Petty, the kid can ball.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Robinson is that good! No QB....he's my guy.

I'm completely on board with that, eo...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
I like Winston more than I like Petty. I thought that UCF/Baylor game was a QB crapfest.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I wouldn't have him #1. He's got a lot of work to do in my opinion for a consensus #1. He reminds me a lot of Bortles, but is a better passer.

And if Bortles was a better passer and had faced better competition (both of which Winston has), he would probably be the #1 this year... therefore, Winston would be the #1 pick.

And this time last year, Teddy Bridgewater was the consensus #1 pick...and it wasn't really close...

Pretty amazing what 12 mont...er 4 months...does to a guys draft stock after a pro day.

Winston will be scrutinized the same as all the others...

Reminds me of Brady Quinn's fall from grace. The year before he came out, the boards were ga-ga over him. The closer we got to Draft day, the bigger the beating he took and then we were all treated to the billion camera shots of him sitting dejectedly in the Green Room until the late first round.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
winston has the off the field issues and kid is just kinda creepy anwyay lol. Petty I think has the most upside and will be a very good Qb at the next level

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

None of those guys are better than Teddy. Winston might be close,

Yea, he might be.. he's an inch taller, 30 pounds heavier, stronger arm, more athletic, just as accurate, more of a vocal leader, plays with a great passion for the game, and is 3 years younger... if Jameis Winston was in this draft he would be the concensus #1 pick and it wouldn't be all that close.

Agreed.

Elite athlete, prototypical size, pocket passer, rocket arm, tremendous leader and plays in a pro style offense. His ceiling is equal to Cam Newtons ceiling.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I wouldn't have him #1. He's got a lot of work to do in my opinion for a consensus #1. He reminds me a lot of Bortles, but is a better passer.

And if Bortles was a better passer and had faced better competition (both of which Winston has), he would probably be the #1 this year... therefore, Winston would be the #1 pick.

And this time last year, Teddy Bridgewater was the consensus #1 pick...and it wasn't really close...

Pretty amazing what 12 mont...er 4 months...does to a guys draft stock after a pro day.

Winston will be scrutinized the same as all the others...

Heck the day before it came out that he was undersized he was still consensus no1. It was easily accessible knowledge but until the media brought it up no one cared. Then he's too small(same size as Carr) and his hands are small(an 1/8th less than Bortles btw). Then his arm was weak(strongest arm of the class according to sports science). Then he was too quiet. Then the Chris Wenkie(sp?) experiment at his pro day and being a bonehead about his gloves(no argument there). Now he's gone from consensus no1 to 2nd round pick lol.

Less than 3 months ago we were all arguing how much we'd give up to trade to no1 for him lol. I can't recall anyone with a loud voice calling him a dud then. Maybe a few whispers but not until the media turned its head on him did anyone go against Teddy. People just ride the coattails and never stick to what they see on tape. Same thing every year.

I like Carr as a leader and a man but he will not be a successful NFL starter.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

None of those guys are better than Teddy. Winston might be close,

Yea, he might be.. he's an inch taller, 30 pounds heavier, stronger arm, more athletic, just as accurate, more of a vocal leader, plays with a great passion for the game, and is 3 years younger... if Jameis Winston was in this draft he would be the concensus #1 pick and it wouldn't be all that close.

Agreed.

Elite athlete, prototypical size, pocket passer, rocket arm, tremendous leader and plays in a pro style offense. His ceiling is equal to Cam Newtons ceiling.

The one knock I have on Winston is a very slow, wind up release. It can be fixed, let's see if he progresses.

I hate it when guys talk about "next year". There has been exactly ONE guy who has EVER made it from out of the "Next year" talk and his name is Andrew Luck.

Jake Locker - #1 overall pick prospect. "Oh wait till next year Jacke Locker is coming out"

Last year - "Wait for Teddy Bridgewater next year" - gets trashed consistently.

Sam Bradford - Went back, got hurt, still was #1 overall and not good. But, but "next year".

Matt Barkley - "Next year, Barkley comes out"

and on and on

Mariotta and Winston aren't going to magically buck a trend that has very few exceptions. The "Next year" guys always get exposed, the next year. In the unlikely event that they don't show glaring holes in their game, the chance that we might be in the position to get them is even more unlikely.

I know you weren't suggesting we wait for next year but it's the tone I am getting. "Next years" guys aren't always good because they looked good for one season.

*See my sig*

Legend
Legend
Amen brother. I'd draft Winston this year if he was there but he's not and we shouldn't even be in the top 10 next year so go get the guy this year and let's go. (And from what I know of him, he's not a big baseball prospect is he?)

As far as Winston's release, I think that's his baseball background which is really the only thing that scares me.. he could decide he wants to pursue baseball.. and if he doesn't, he should quit now and work on his football throwing mechanics which are good, but like you said, they do have a bit of that baseball wind up in them.

yebat' Putin
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
J/C

I'd be happy enough with Watkins at #4 and Carr at #26 since they'd at least get Watkins. I think he is a true game changer and the most dangerous offensive threat in this draft BY FAR. If they take Carr at #4 with Watkins on the board, though, I'll flip out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't mind drafting Carr... as long as it's at 26 or 35. No need to jump on him at 4. Get Mack, Watkins, or Matthews... then get Carr at 26, and then Verrett (CB) or one of the many WR's at 35.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

J/C

I'd be happy enough with Watkins at #4 and Carr at #26 since they'd at least get Watkins. I think he is a true game changer and the most dangerous offensive threat in this draft BY FAR. If they take Carr at #4 with Watkins on the board, though, I'll flip out.

So you're going to flip if they try to get a franchise QB over not selecting a WR? Do you see how ridiculous that sounds. I am the exact opposite, if they have the QB's on the board and take a WR I will drink myself into a coma and call off work on Friday.

I'm not Carr's biggest fan but if they think he is going to be a Franchise QB, take him at 4. WE have too many draft picks to be playing the smartest guy in the room game. This is one of the deepest drafts at WR I can remember.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

J/C

So you're going to flip if they try to get a franchise QB over not selecting a WR? Do you see how ridiculous that sounds. I am the exact opposite, if they have the QB's on the board and take a WR I will drink myself into a coma and call off work on Friday.

I'm not Carr's biggest fan but if they think he is going to be a Franchise QB, take him at 4. WE have too many draft picks to be playing the smartest guy in the room game. This is one of the deepest drafts at WR I can remember.

I don't see Carr as a franchise QB, but I do see Watkins as an elite WR. Therefore, yes, I'd flip out. I don't see what's so hard to understand about that or what makes my preference ridiculous. Taking the best offensive weapon in the draft isn't playing smartest guy in the room, it's just common sense. Carr or someone comparable can probably be had at #26. In my opinion, this is a draft with a bunch of QBs of a similar skill level and there is no need to jump on one early simply to make the statement that he's the "franchise QB."

Legend
Legend
Quote:

And what do they do if they do if they think NONE of them will be a "Franchise QB" without serious help? Still take one anyway and say, "Eh, close enough"?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Scratch Winston off the list.. Rapist and shoplifter

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Wow,, hadn't heard that...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Holy hell, this site sometimes....

He wasn't even charged and he stole crab legs.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Rapist? Really?

And what did he steal? A car? a new suit? stereo equipment? a television?

yebat' Putin
O
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
O
Quote:

Just for the record, next season we will not be able to sniff the #1, 2 or even 3 slot to get the top 2 QBs whoever they may be.

Actually, I think we could with a little luck.

If the right guy falls to us at #4, the trade down scenarios become interesting.

If we trade down to 6 with Atlanta and then trade down out of 6, we can really accumulate some heavy duty bargaining power.

O
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
O
Mariotta will end up distancing himself as the top QB prospect by the end of next year.

He was rattled in the Stanford game. His line couldn't block them at all and they went after him. A few days later it was reported (Dan Patrick) that he was hurt going into the game. He was running for his life. When you get rattled and walk up to center with an offensive line in front of you that has quit, it is a very, very, unique feeling. You are completely alone. Things just keep getting worse. All QB's have had that day when they were rattled. The good ones learn from it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Rapist? Really?

And what did he steal? A car? a new suit? stereo equipment? a television?

when you are playing for a national championship and with an election year coming up, it is consensual and photos become inadmissible to keep your QB in the big game.

he stole crab legs. I want no part of this kid as he is a creepy little turd.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Read what is in print at this time .. He was issued a " Citation " not arrested .. Me thinks that is convenient .. Can you imagine if had been Manzel ??

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Read what is in print at this time .. He was issued a " Citation " not arrested .. Me thinks that is convenient .. Can you imagine if had been Manzel ??

Came in to post this. Somehow Winston is a #1 overall pick despite rape allegations and now this.

Manziel shows up late to a voluntary QB camp with the Mannings and gets crucified for it....Immature etc.

Ridiculous.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Winston is just one of those pampered athletes that will do whatever he wants whenever he wants because he is a star. One of those guys that will be led off in handcuffs yelling "dont you know who i am?"

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Quote:

Quote:

Holy hell, this site sometimes....

He wasn't even charged and he stole crab legs.

I thought stealing crabs was code for another rape charge with a lady of the baltimore region

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Can't believe we're having a problem with a kid stealing crab legs...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
yea u would think he would have learned when he was busted for stealing a pop, or when busted for rape or the time he was busted for playing war in mcdonalds with a bb gun.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Already saw excuses from players about being hungry. Yeah, stealing crab legs is the mark of a guy starving.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

As already mentioned, there was much more conversation about Manziel showing up late to a VOLUNTARY workout.

Winston faced rape charges, then was cited for theft (I don't care if he stole a pack of bubble gum) and we're supposed to ignroe it?

No matter how minor this might seem, I don't want a quarteback who would put himself in these situations. If nothing else, he's shown to be a poor decision maker.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He cited "youthful ignorance". He's 20 years old and doesn't know stealing will get you in trouble. Claim stupidity, but ignorance?

C
Legend
Legend
C
It's not about what he stole, it's about his questionable character.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Don't even get me started on Johnny football hate. All of that is nonsense as well.

Let me know when Jameis steals something worth more than $50.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The total was $32.72 -- Just in case anyone was wondering lol.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

C
Legend
Legend
C
Since when is it okay to steal something as long as it is under a certain value?

I wouldn't touch Winston for a mountain of reasons. This is another one on the list. Luckily we will be drafting a QB this year and won't be in the Winston market next year.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Because 30 bucks is no big deal and he paid it. Let me know when he's stealing TV's or dealing drugs instead of just eating.

C
Legend
Legend
C
It's not about the money. It's about the person.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I don't see how stealing crab legs makes him a bad person.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I don't see how stealing crab legs makes him a bad person.

Stealing ANYTHING makes your character questionable.

I'm not sure why you can't comprehend this.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2014 NFL Season NFL Draft 2014 ‘Many in football’ believe Cleveland Browns will draft Derek Carr

Link Copied to Clipboard