Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Because the world is not black and white.

Should we get rid of Armonty Bryant because he dealt drugs? That's much worse than stealing crab legs in American culture. What about Bryant? What does any of this have to do with football?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Because 30 bucks is no big deal and he paid it. Let me know when he's stealing TV's or dealing drugs instead of just eating.

I've never understood this line of thinking. To me, you're either a thief or you aren't. The law has degrees according to the amount, but you're still a thief.

I've never understood trying to minimize stealing.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Quote:

Quote:

I don't see how stealing crab legs makes him a bad person.

Stealing ANYTHING makes your character questionable.

I'm not sure why you can't comprehend this.

Heh yeah it isn't difficult. Stealing is wrong regardless of the amount taken. Kindergarten morality here folks. Consequentially stealing and rape is the same mindset of taking something that isn't yours because you want it. Taking $30 worth of crabs legs is even more curious, why steal something you can easily afford?

At least a drug dealer isn't violating anyones rights...as long as he isn't shooting people or stealing things. The problem with drug dealing is more about a persons ability to process risk vs. reward, dealing drugs probably gained Bryant a few thousand dollars in exchange for possibly millions from a higher draft position and a better NFL career.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We're talking about a 20 year old man, who has already had legal/off field issues stealing from a freaking grocery store AND.....AND getting caught. At worst it shows he has a ton of growing up to do.

I bet the guy never has to buy another dinner in his life in Tallahassee and he is stealing crab legs....

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm actually with you on this one, CHS. If you put together an NFL team with spotless records, then you'd have a perennial Mangini-squad with old, slow, and/or not talented players. And then you'd add Robiskie.

Character is a part of the whole evaluation process. Taking this story at face value and tossing his name off your board is throwing that evaluation process out the window.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't care to question Jameis as a person -- I've never met him.

But as a football player, yes these things are hard to look past.

And yes, it's easier for me to look past using a 7th round pick on a D-Lineman (Bryant) than a first round pick on a QB with questionable character.

I don't want this type of behavior from my Quarterback -- I'll take the risk with a 7th round DLineman.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Stealing and rape are literally the same thing. No exceptions.

Wow. What a view to have. The fact that you'd even say that makes me think you've never talked to a rape survivor. Wow. I bet the Publix owner felt his legs spread apart while being forcefully choked and gagged when Jameis stole those crab legs. Jesus Christ. I can't believe you said that. I mean, really.

But again, what does this have to do with playing football?

Edit: Took the quotes out. I can see why that would make a false impression.

Last edited by CHSDawg; 04/30/14 04:45 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

"Stealing and rape are literally the same thing. No exceptions."

I just want the record to show that this is NOT what cob said. This quote is 100% false.

P
Legend
Legend
P
What it really has to do with is risk verses reward.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Quote:

"Stealing and rape are literally the same thing. No exceptions."

Wow. What a view to have. The fact that you'd even say that makes me think you've never talked to a rape survivor. Wow. I bet the Publix owner felt his legs spread apart while being forcefully choked and gagged when Jameis stole those crab legs. Jesus Christ. I can't believe you said that. I mean, really.

But again, what does this have to do with playing football?

Quotations in the english language are generally used to directly reference what someone said. When you quote me...I'd appreciate it if you didn't change my words to make me look like some kind of rape endorsing monster.. Just you know, as a common courtesy.

I'm not even sure I need to engage you CHS. Give me some credit man. I am saying a Thief and a Rapist are both assholes who don't care about others and narcissistically take what they want. How that makes me a defender of rape is beyond me.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Stealing ANYTHING makes your character questionable.

I'm not sure why you can't comprehend this.

I don't condone his action(s) and certainly brings his character into question. While none of us are perfect, most of us know where to draw the line in the sand...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Rapists and murderers have the same mindset. Thieves have the same mindset of people who claim a bit more than what they had on income taxes. I'm sorry that I unfairly quoted you, but that's what I got from your post. I should have cut you some more slack.

But how does this relate to football? Are Big Ben's motives on the field questioned because he allegedly sexually assaulted two women? Were Ray Lewis's motives on the field questioned because he was involved in a murder case. I could go on and on, but again, criminal records have nothing to do with what they can do on the field.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Those players had already proven themselves in the NFL.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
The point is that there is no correlation between a criminal record and success at playing football.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
so what is the threshold that makes him a bad person for taking something that is not his... $100.... $500, $5000?

Since it's ok to steal up to a certain level just curious what that level is.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
It's more of a case by case thing. But I think I could safely say about 60-100 bucks is the cut off.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
so if some punk gets in your car and takes 6 cd's your ok with that?

#gmstrong

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
They'll be hard press to find anything worth $60 in my car that doesn't have a digital back up. But sure. I'll just file a police report and an insurance claim

Legend
Legend
The rape thing is bothersome because on one hand, he was never actually charged, on the other hand, I'm not sure the TPD or FSU did what I would consider a real thorough investigation... stealing a handful of crab legs or a soda, it's stupid but it's more of a college prank.

yebat' Putin
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I understand CHS,,, Stealing is one of my must never do things I guess.

I am a lot of things but I don't lie or steal, I aint no saint but stealing no matter how small just bugs me.

That said he is a 20 year old college ... so....

#gmstrong

Legend
Legend
Quote:

It just starts with crab legs, then onto lobsters, soon that won't be enough and it's half a side of beef and the cravings won't stop there, now he's up to rustling cattle, then horses.

He'll probably even branch into grains, first it's only misdemeanor crop circles and trespassing, then john deere tractor theft.

Where does it all end?

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Quote:

It's more of a case by case thing. But I think I could safely siut 60-100 is the cut off.

Is that cut off set by the cost of living index of the area where the infraction occured? Or by the SES of the victim?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Quote:

It just starts with crab legs, then onto lobsters, soon that won't be enough and it's half a side of beef and the cravings won't stop there, now he's up to rustling cattle, then horses.

He'll probably even branch into grains, first it's only misdemeanor crop circles and trespassing, then john deere tractor theft.

Where does it all end?

Infiltrating Monsato and swindling stock options!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Bothersome?

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/...nston.html?_r=0

The investigation was so flawed as to leave believable claims she was raped unanswered.. furthermore after they finally obtained DNA it matched Winston.. he did it.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
J/C

It's the Derek Carr thread. Please act accordingly.

I'd like to hear debate on Derek Carr, not on stupid crap about a prospect that is still a year away.

you had a good run Hank.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My bad.. and I'd take Carr but at the right spot.. I'd love that to be 35 but that's unrealistic

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Gruden on Bortles, Bridgewater and Carr worth a listen

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

Don't even get me started on Johnny football hate. All of that is nonsense as well.

Let me know when Jameis steals something worth more than $50.

Maybe you can help me understand why multiple instances of theft are no big deal...

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

They'll be hard press to find anything worth $60 in my car that doesn't have a digital back up. But sure. I'll just file a police report and an insurance claim

Why file a claim?

It's no big deal...right?

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Because it has nothing to do with what he can do on the football field.

I don't pay for insurance because I love wasting money. It's so that I can use it when I need it.

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
So character doesn't mean as much to you as it does to me. Roger.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
You got that right, Mangini.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

J/C

It's the Derek Carr thread. Please act accordingly.

I'd like to hear debate on Derek Carr, not on stupid crap about a prospect that is still a year away.

There's 4 or 5 pages of that.. what's left to say?

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Bothersome?

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/...nston.html?_r=0

The investigation was so flawed as to leave believable claims she was raped unanswered.. furthermore after they finally obtained DNA it matched Winston.. he did it.

She went home from a party with him. He had sex with her. He admitted that.

So yes, it's bothersome. He's a high profile athlete who was accused but never charged with rape.. if you want to have his trial in your own mind based on newspaper articles and conclude he did it then I can't stop you. Because women never do things with high profile athletes and then make up false allegations...

If he really did rape her, then I hope somebody at a higher level picks up the evidence and proves that.. and I feel bad for her and hope he spends the first 10 years of what would be his NFL career in jail... but until that happens, I have to assume there just wasn't enough evidence to proceed..

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's not the first legs Jameis Winston has tried to take home and open without permission.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

It's not the first legs Jameis Winston has tried to take home and open without permission.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Post of the day, calling it at 9:20 AM EST.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
That's how you should have started the argument. Can't beat or disagree with that.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
More on topic, cuze I didn't read the posts...keep Mike Evans name alive..thats another possibility starting to gain steam.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think he is the best player in the draft, well i go back and forth between evans and clowney.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2014 NFL Season NFL Draft 2014 ‘Many in football’ believe Cleveland Browns will draft Derek Carr

Link Copied to Clipboard