Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

•Unarmed source
•Vague facts in the story
•Drew Rousenhous is already disputing the story

It's like I said, I'm skeptical.

It's a top story on ESPN by a guy that's been around for a while... 2 different sources. Sure it could be a false story but I don't think so.

Bernie Fine was an Asst. Coach for Syracuse basketball they put it out there that He had molested ball boys, one of the supposed victims changed his story about 11 times and said that the other two had come to him told him to say he did it.

They also put out crap on Colin Kaepernick

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
I smoke daily and I've passed 10 urine tests without failure. They are pretty easy to beat.

I see a few guys at the combine were caught diluting. It appears a few of them understand what to do, just not how to do it properly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Idiotic if true.

However, Josh has been doing a lot of talking on twitter and sports shows, etc, about who we should draft, etc. If he knew all this I would think he would be keeping a lower profile (and told to do so), which makes me skeptical (the optimist in me at least).

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Yeah, no way this story doesn't turn out true.... ESPN posts rumors that are false - I don't remember them ever being wrong on something like this. Rosenhaus has every reason to lie here (he'd be an idiot to say anything else).

Maybe Gordon somehow beats the charges (unlikely) - otherwise, the Gordon era in Cleveland is probably over.

~Lyuokdea
Rookie
Rookie
Quote:

Quote:

You have to be kidding me !

# 2 , with States starting to legalize pot ; where is the NFL going to stand ?

# 2. States can legalize pot - doesn't mean your employer will allow it.

States allow alcohol..........doesn't mean you can show up for work with it in your system.

Yep my sister worked at the Cleveland Clinic and she had to take a test for tobacco

There's always next year
T
Legend
Legend
T
This may sound crazy, but I blame whomever cut Eric Wright. Because if Eric Wright wasn't cut, they wouldn't have had to bring in Buster Skrine, and if Buster Skrine, wasn't just fast but not great in coverage, then they wouldn't have had to try to bring in McFadden. And if McFadden wasn't brought in they wouldn't have wasted a pick on a guy who can't cover, ie, McFadden, and if they didn't waste that pick on McFadden, they wouldn't have had to reach and trade up twice to get Justin Gilbert yesterday. And if they hadn't had to reach and move up twice because they took Justin Gilbert yesterday, they could have another wide receiver on this team, somewhere along the line.

Wide Receivers, good ones, and offensive linemen, are the two positions where the stock is the highest around the league, and paying to get one from another team, is at such a premium that it's cost prohibitive.

If you are one of the 1500 who just bought season tickets, or already have a Manziel Jersey, then I don't know what to tell you.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
if this is true he is a idiot ...get him off this team...cut him trade him i dont care....and i dont want to hear about how good he is...he is a piece of crap if this is true....gets millions to play a game while our soldiers die over seas to defend this counrty and he cant even stay off the sauce............

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Quote:

Idiotic if true.

However, Josh has been doing a lot of talking on twitter and sports shows, etc, about who we should draft, etc. If he knew all this I would think he would be keeping a lower profile (and told to do so), which makes me skeptical (the optimist in me at least).

Why? It should be the opposite, he knows the game is up whenever this comes out - might as well get some free media exposure and live up the limelight in the meantime.

For the browns, there's no reason to disclose either -- it's about ticket sales.

~Lyuokdea
C
Legend
Legend
C
Get Ryan Braun on the case!

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

This may sound crazy, but I blame whomever cut Eric Wright

Wright was never cut.

He became a UFA and signed with Detroit for less than we offered.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Quote:

I can only hope this part of the story is true...Rosenhaus declined to comment but said the information was "not true."

its not true...drew is knows as a liar......i would be shocked if this story is not true. THink about it...when the media called gordan he refused to talk about it....that right there screams guilty.......then drew refuses to talk about it either...as for him saying the information is not true...that could mean allot of things...perhaos it happened at a different date then they asked him about...or perhaps good ole drew is just lying or in denial.....

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
All the wind that came into my sails at 8:00pm last night just left.

I'm now floating aimlessly in a vast ocean of depression.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Quote:

I smoke daily and I've passed 10 urine tests without failure. They are pretty easy to beat.

I see a few guys at the combine were caught diluting. It appears a few of them understand what to do, just not how to do it properly.

yeah but im pretty sure a organization like the NFL has much better methods of testing for this stuff then whoever is testing you......this is the nfl...they are not stupid

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

All the wind that came into my sails at 8:00pm last night just left.

I'm now floating aimlessly in a vast ocean of depression.

well said my good friend

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Rappaport now reporting it as well.

~Lyuokdea
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Major dumbass.

Draft Lee and another WR. Forget about this loser.

you had a good run Hank.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sadly, the news seems pretty legit. It's all over the NFL Network right now.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I cut him today...and I also have serious doubts about the competency of our FO when they knew this last night and they pass on watkins. Everyone knew that Gordon was going to be short for the NFL because he's a big dumbass and always has been.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Quote:

I cut him today...and I also have serious doubts about the competency of our FO when they knew this last night and they pass on watkins. Everyone knew that Gordon was going to be short for the NFL because he's a big dumbass and always has been.

No reason to cut a guy who is suspended, and no team has ever done it. Not Incognito, Not Vick, nobody.

Last edited by Lyuokdea; 05/09/14 06:52 PM.

~Lyuokdea
C
Legend
Legend
C
Cutting him today would be the emotional move, not the smart move. What if he wins his appeal?

B
Legend
Legend
B
I am sure we knew some days ago. I don't think we found out with the Rappaport report.

It's a deep receiver draft.

Greg Little might be smiling a bit.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
If this is true, you cut him tomorrow...you outright cut him

I don't give a damn...he has no trade value now with this, and its just a distraction...he may be a good receiver, but this type of behavior is just unacceptable.

Haslam needs to use this to send a message to this team...that himself, like The Rooney's, won't put up with this nonsense...either you stay clean or your not on the team..very simple concept.

Legend
Legend
Holy cow - if this is true it just truly sucks!! One of the most dynamic weapons in the NFL.... though we knew it was a risk... sure as heck hope we draft Lee....

<><

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Funny how quick depression sets in...word is Browns have known for 2 weeks...so 14 days or so has went by and the report came out...Gordon is done for...now we need to get some WRs and hope Little has a big contract year this year...Gordon sure WAS fun to watch

L
Legend
Legend
L
Mortensen said it was confirmed that the FO knew well before last night, but the coaches just found out 90 minutes ago

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
L
Legend
Legend
L
I think I take Latimore over Lee here...Lee is fragile

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well it was a fun 18 hours, I'll never forget that feeling. People were so happy, full of confidence and pride, now it's gone. 18 hours and a game wasn't even played.

Never before has this statement been more true, Only in Cleveland.

Oh well, not like we aren't used to crushing disappointment. I already feel a little better after typing this. Sad, but useful for my psyche.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
could have been the plan all along.. shore up the D with new CB.. get a QB.. then start drafting WR..

Mortensen on ESPN just said Browns were informed 2 weeks ago... meaning the Browns knew before the draft last night

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Legend
Legend
I'm a little lost on this timeline.

He (reportedly) failed test in early "winter", odd way of putting it but that is late Dec to early Jan, yet they let him play in the PB in late Jan and no mention of this for 3 months to the team who should be told to make different draft arrangements if necessary. Then let this out the 2nd day of the draft. Why wouldn't the NFL let the team know at the very least in March, it doesn't take that long to recheck a drug test.

It's all just a bit odd.

#GMSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
He also said it is league protocol for the coaches not to know.

P
All Pro
All Pro
P
He didnt know about it. When they posed the question to him, his response was this is the first he's hearing about it.

PPL on here read too much in between the lines on stuff. If it did just get brought to the Browns attention...my question is why the NFL waited so long?

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Mortensen said it was confirmed that the FO knew well before last night, but the coaches just found out 90 minutes ago

sickening

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Funny how quick depression sets in...word is Browns have known for 2 weeks...so 14 days or so has went by and the report came out...Gordon is done for...now we need to get some WRs and hope Little has a big contract year this year...Gordon sure WAS fun to watch

Probably so....and we have done our homework.

Makes last night all the more impressive that we didn't panic and made our play..

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
He just posted on twitter that the Browns didn't know until 90 minutes ago.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

The front office knew, the coaches didn't.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

That information alone angers me to great depths

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Quote:

I am sure we knew some days ago. I don't think we found out with the Rappaport report.

It's a deep receiver draft.

Greg Little might be smiling a bit.

yeah he is smiling cause now he has more chances to drop passes and not get open because he is to friggen slow

B
Legend
Legend
B
But thanks Josh....I don't think we wanted to draft a WR all this early.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That information alone angers me to great depths

Quote:

Sources: Browns coaching staff not aware until @OTLonESPN report about 90 minutes ago. That's policy. Gordon gets due process with appeal.

Chris Mortensen, Twitter

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
At least its in time to get a good WR

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Josh Gordon Faces Year-Long Suspension

Link Copied to Clipboard