Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Gordon has not been suspened yet. He is appealing the failed test. If the Browns FO kenw about the failed test 2 weeks ago they may have had Gordon tested within the organization and feel that Gordon is right and will win his appeal.

That would be the reason the FO did not panic and are sticking to their board. I know us Browns fans always expect the worst we have been conditioned to that but I believe in innocent until proven guilty. Until Gordon is proven guilty I will be standing behind our go to wide receiver Josh Gordon.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Gordon has not been suspened yet. He is appealing the failed test. If the Browns FO kenw about the failed test 2 weeks ago they may have had Gordon tested within the organization and feel that Gordon is right and will win his appeal.

That would be the reason the FO did not panic and are sticking to their board. I know us Browns fans always expect the worst we have been conditioned to that but I believe in innocent until proven guilty. Until Gordon is proven guilty I will be standing behind our go to wide receiver Josh Gordon.

See.... +1

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

All I can say is that he did catch the ball well for half a season. Hopefully he gets back to that.

Also, I think that a lot of veteran WRs are going to get chopped in the weeks to come as rookies start settling in. There are what v.... 18 rookie WRs who are heading to rosters around the league? Some veterans are going to be let go as a result ..... and soem may be because of salary as much as anything else.

Correct, there are alot of Wideouts that will be available... I would even sign Santonio Holmes , what do e have to lose sign him to a 1 year deal...probably even be our #1 so I'm sure he would agree

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
S
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
S
Quote:

"Greg Little - Talented but has yet to show the ability to be a go to receiver."

Talented?!? Little?

Yes!

Little IS talented. He has all the measurables to be a #1 receiver. What he doesn't have, or should I say hasn't had (yet) is the mental toughness to put it all together.

He'll make a jaw dropping, leaping catch in double coverage for a huge first down and then he'll drop two balls in a row when he is wide open that hit him right in the hands.

He hasn't been dependable at all...and I'm not here saying that he is going to do so...

HOWEVER,

If, and it's a very big IF he CAN put it all together...Greg Little can be a #1 in this league.

Not as fast as Josh Gordon but still has the speed to take the top off the defense and in a WCO like Shanahan's, has the ability to make big runs after the catch on 10-15 yard slants and bubble screens.

He's just not been able to put it all together mentally to where he can be depended on as a consistent #1, but he's shown flashes.

I surely hope the JG news light's a fire under his butt to where he says to himself, "it's now or never" because in all reality it is.

You have the physical gifts Greg, now gain that mental toughness that is needed to put it all together on a consistent basis. Find that motivation to 'want to be great'. Make a statement with your actions and by that I don't mean by taunting the defense and making the 'First Down' signal every time you get one. I mean by making plays and making catches on a consistent basis.

JMHO
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:

Quote:

I'm wondering if the Browns think, know or believe that Gordon isn't guilty and thus aren't reacting as you might suspect?

Do you honestly believe that?

'Denial always comes first.'

Legend
Legend
I think that Little just has to be used on routes where he can see the ball the whole way in. He struggles at trying to pick up the ball in flight. (like an over the shoulder catch .....He really seems to struggle with that kind of reception)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Quote:

Who's huffing and puffing?

Gordon?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm wondering if the Browns think, know or believe that Gordon isn't guilty and thus aren't reacting as you might suspect?

Do you honestly believe that?

Yes I do or have been wondering the same. The one thing striking me is how Gordon has been on all the sports shows, (First Take Friday morning) Tweets right after the JFB pick... I personally would have been in a hole if I knew I was probably going to be suspended. Why would I be talking about how excited I was to have JFB being drafted if I knew I wasn't going to be there. So yes I'm wondering if something strange might be going on behind the scenes

Also, not sure if it really matters but what if Gordon was hanging out with the wrong people.. Wasn't really smoking the weed himself but was around it and got a contact buzz? I never smoked in my life but in my teens had many friends that did. I was always curious if I would've failed a test if one had been given.... Many times rode around in cars with people smoking....

It is possible but not probable. As it stands now, Gordon does NOT deserve the benefit of the doubt on this. He's been in trouble more than once because of it. He just got caught/screwed up once again. But this time he's in big trouble.

He never wised up.

History repeats itself.

Parade of Disaster!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:

Quote:

"Greg Little - Talented but has yet to show the ability to be a go to receiver."

Talented?!? Little?

Yes!

Little IS talented. He has all the measurables to be a #1 receiver. What he doesn't have, or should I say hasn't had (yet) is the mental toughness to put it all together.

He'll make a jaw dropping, leaping catch in double coverage for a huge first down and then he'll drop two balls in a row when he is wide open that hit him right in the hands.

He hasn't been dependable at all...and I'm not here saying that he is going to do so...

HOWEVER,

If, and it's a very big IF he CAN put it all together...Greg Little can be a #1 in this league.

Not as fast as Josh Gordon but still has the speed to take the top off the defense and in a WCO like Shanahan's, has the ability to make big runs after the catch on 10-15 yard slants and bubble screens.

He's just not been able to put it all together mentally to where he can be depended on as a consistent #1, but he's shown flashes.

I surely hope the JG news light's a fire under his butt to where he says to himself, "it's now or never" because in all reality it is.

You have the physical gifts Greg, now gain that mental toughness that is needed to put it all together on a consistent basis. Find that motivation to 'want to be great'. Make a statement with your actions and by that I don't mean by taunting the defense and making the 'First Down' signal every time you get one. I mean by making plays and making catches on a consistent basis.

Sorry, but I can't agree. I HOPE I'M WRONG, but I see him as another version (yet a lesser version) of Braylon Edwards.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
BrayBE was was very talented. He just didn't have the work ethic or the hands of an elite guy. Little is a physically talented guy who works hard but also doesn't have great hands. Little has a shot at being a good WR in this league, but because BE wouldn't work he never did.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
D
Legend
Legend
D
They both seemed to jump for catches when they didn't need to, trying to catch with their belly instead of their hands. I think its partly out of insecurity about their ability to catch it, and also a degree of self-protection from a big hit while your leg is planted in the turf. The good ones snatch the ball out of the air and turn up-field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:

They both seemed to jump for catches when they didn't need to, trying to catch with their belly instead of their hands. I think its partly out of insecurity about their ability to catch it, and also a degree of self-protection from a big hit while your leg is planted in the turf. The good ones snatch the ball out of the air and turn up-field.

Yep. I remember during a game Winslow was actually showing BE what you just said. I thought to myself, "Shouldn't he know this already?!?"

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Having him tested now would be immaterial. He failed the test last winter.

V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
JC Read somewhere, don't remember exactly where but the author claimed that Brandon Coleman could end up being a pretty good WR and thought he may be better than Kelvin Benjamin. I would also look at Martavis Bryant ad then add another vet.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Having him tested now would be immaterial. He failed the test last winter.

That just gave me a nasty image in my head of Gordon saying, "I tested positive, what the heck" while firing up a blunt.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

I'm REALLY hoping that we can move up into the 4th round and grab either Jared Abbrederis or Bruce Ellington.

I'm now also on the Miles Austin band wagon. When he's healthy he's a pretty good possession receiver that can play the outside or the slot. I would really like us to try and bring him in.

If we ignore the WR position and go with who we have now, than we'll no doubt kick ourselves come mid-season when nobody can get open or hold onto passes.

Hawkins and Benjamin are unproven and injury prone.

Burleson is old and Greg Little is garbage.

Like most years our WR core needs help, and like most years our front office has ignored it.

Brian and Johnny are going to STRUGGLE throwing the ball with Gordon suspended.

I suggest that it will be the TEs getting a larger share of the passes thrown to them.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

With the Buffalo trade, the Browns have 9 picks in the 2015 draft, 6 picks in the first 4 rounds, so they have the capital to make a trade for a starting quality WR like the Niners did for Stevie Johnson. A 3rd rounder should do it, but even if its a 2nd rounder, I'd do it for a guy thats good enough to warrant that high price. Its not like we'll use the two 1st round picks to move up for Mariota or Winston, since we have Manziel. Unless we're planning to run the Wishbone offense, a trade seems necessary to me.

Good point Dave. We can trade, and there are some guys in FA we can sign.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C
I don't see anyone that would be available in a trade that is worth a first round pick.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Good point Dave. We can trade, and there are some guys in FA we can sign.

There are going to be some good Div 2 players that are good choices in the UDFA market - which will be a flurry immediately following the draft. It will be interesting to see who they've signed.

I like Torrance Allen from WT. Others have mentioned Jeff Janis, but he'll probably be gone before the Browns are able to draft him in the 7th or pick him up as an UDFA.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
don't we have a 6th rounder too? thats what shows on espn.

Attitude is everything....FEAR THE ELF!!!
Legend
Legend
Our only remaining pick is #218 in the 7th round.

That's it. We traded our 6th to trade up for West.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

F
Rookie
Rookie
F
Maybe we go out and try to make a trade for a veteran wr. With teams trying to get younger, there may be some guys out there who we could get, even as a stopgap this year. At this point, anything's possible.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

I don't see anyone that would be available in a trade that is worth a first round pick.

I wouldn't trade a 1st anyway. The most I would trade would be a 2nd rounder, and that's a stretch.... 3rd would be more like it. I have no idea who might be available.

If we are hunting a player, teams start to make them available.

I think I would work on the FA list if I did anything at all.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

don't we have a 6th rounder too? thats what shows on espn.

BSPN is wrong.

We traded that away.

B
Legend
Legend
B
As for a trade, I would think both Roddy White and Michael Crabtree could be had for a 3rd rounder.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Considering that Stevie Johnson was had for a 4th, that would seem to be the price range I would look to pay.

F
Rookie
Rookie
F
Balpeen, I've heard that somewhere also.Never know

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

As for a trade, I would think both Roddy White and Michael Crabtree could be had for a 3rd rounder.

I don't think that it would necessarily take that and I don't think that's the way the Browns will go?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

I haven't seen anything about either of those players being available.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Considering that Stevie Johnson was had for a 4th, that would seem to be the price range I would look to pay.

That works. I only said 3rd because earlier someone was talking 1st rounder.

And we just picked up a 4th rounder.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Why? There is still the 7th round (if you want someone) to draft and there is also the UDFA market following the draft.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Why? There is still the 7th round (if you want someone) to draft and there is also the UDFA market following the draft.

I am saying that if we look at a veteran, then a 4th is probably about the highest price I would want to pay. (Unless the Bengals offer us AJ Green, or something)

All Pro
All Pro
Greg Little is safe, he should be smiling ear to ear. I hope he cashes in on Gordon's stupidity.

GO BROWNS!
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I haven't seen anything about either of those players being available.

I could see Crabtree being available. He's in his last year of his deal and the 9ers already have $124 committed to the cap next year. Crabtree, Iupati, and Kaepernick's contracts are all up after the season. They have Boldin, they traded for Steve Johnson, they have Quinton Patton and Brandon Lloyd, drafted Bruce Ellington.

I'm just saying I could see it.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
J/c I would package our two fourth round picks for crabtree

#brownsgoodkarma
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Play it calm now, and wait and see what happens with Gordon (is it a year ban, or can it turn into 4-8 games).

Offer a 3rd round pick for a veteran. You will get a much better player for 2014 by trading a 3rd round pick for vet than you will from any drafted receiver outside the first round.

You can also easily pay vet with the money you were saving to resign Gordon, even if he somehow cleans up his act, his next contract price is going way down.

~Lyuokdea
F
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
F
I have said this before in a Free Agency thread, but I generally like the idea of the Browns making a play for someone like Miles Austin. I know he's been battling injuries in recent years, but when healthy Miles can contribute to an offense. I just hope we do something to address the WR position at some point because I don't like any of the guys we have on our depth chart minus Gordon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:

I have said this before in a Free Agency thread, but I generally like the idea of the Browns making a play for someone like Miles Austin. I know he's been battling injuries in recent years, but when healthy Miles can contribute to an offense. I just hope we do something to address the WR position at some point because I don't like any of the guys we have on our depth chart minus Gordon.

It would have been so awesome if we would of picked Evans at # 4. This whole Josh Gordon debacle would have hurt so much less. (I would have said Watkins, but I think he got into trouble with weed too, no?)

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

It would have been so awesome if we would of picked Evans at # 4. This whole Josh Gordon debacle would have hurt so much less. (I would have said Watkins, but I think he got into trouble with weed too, no?)

He was arrested for weed, and a controlled substance as well.

All Pro
All Pro
Well, we are a year away from a playoff run anyway and with 2 first rounders next year we can have the best WR in the draft. Maybe that is why Farmer hasn't pushed the panic button.

GO BROWNS!
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum What are the best options left to address Wide Receiver?

Link Copied to Clipboard