Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#883333 05/11/14 05:08 PM
S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
I just want to say how thrilled I am about the draft the Browns had this weekend...

Sure, you can't really grade this thing for at least 2 seasons, but the players they got, I like. I think some needs were filled, big needs. I also think we added depth as well...

I just can't believe the first round played out like that. My theory is that Gilbert may have been the guy they wanted all along. It just seemed way too calculated... I'm sure they loved Watkins, but didn't see the value in drafting a WR that high...

The trade with Buffalo was ideal for us... I think they saw that their guy would still be there, so they locked up a 1 for next year ,and I think they got a bit antsy when the pick in front of them was up, and made sure to get their guy by swapping with Minnesota. I'm fine with that. If they felt like someone may have come in and get him, that would have set everything back. You gave up nothing to move up one spot. Remember, having 10 picks coming into this draft gives you leeway to make moves like that. They were never bringing in 10 guys drafted.

I wanted Johnny at 4. It didn't work out that way but I thought getting him with essentially a free pick was even better. We traded Trent Richardson for Johnny Manziel, and the Pittsburgh Steelers even helped us do it.

I know the risks with Manziel, and I am willing to take that risk. I'll be the first guy on here to admit how wrong I was if this guy fails. I think he can play. I also think he can develop as a pocket passer. I think he has the attitude and the leadership to turn the entire ship around. The guy works his rear end off. He wants to win. I think the circus that will follow him around will be a good thing.

Also, with the Gordon stuff, I'm not screaming about them changing their draft plans, which have been MONTHS in advance to somehow think you can find a #1 in the 2nd or 3rd round.... I think if a guy like Beckham had maybe fell back, you could have grabbed him, but they stuck with their board and I commend them for that.

I love EVERYTHING i've read about Bitonio.... This guy may be that missing piece on the OL to really put them in place. He's good for the division. We have skilled guys on our line, but I don't think any of them has that bad side to them. Our guys are technicians, and they're very good. I expect this guy to fill in right away. We have some depth on the OL now. We are going to run the ball much better next year.

I don't want to look too far ahead but I have to believe that based on how things may go, Buffalo may be in the top 10 next year, so despite what happens with us, I really believe that big time play making guy in the front 7 is coming next year.

I'm not going to give out a grade or anything, but I'm just really happy with what we did. I think when you look at an updated projected depth chart, you can start to see the makings of a very good team.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think they might have been considering Watkins. But buffalo made us an offer we couldn't refuse. I wanted teddy but I am excited about johnny. The rest of our draft seems very solid, love the guard.

Joe Thomas #73
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Quote:

I just can't believe the first round played out like that. My theory is that Gilbert may have been the guy they wanted all along. It just seemed way too calculated... I'm sure they loved Watkins, but didn't see the value in drafting a WR that high...

We'll never know. My personal opinion was that Evans/Gilbert were 1 and 2 (don't know which was which). As soon as one went, we were going to trade up and ensure we get the other. Otherwise, the 5th round tradeup doesn't make much sense -- it doesn't seem obvious that anybody else was going to take Gilbert there, and usually when you trade such a small pittance to trade up, it means the opposing GM doesn't think that you will take the player they want.

What the tradeup does make clear, is that there is a huge gap between Gilbert, and anybody else on our board at that point.

Quote:

Also, with the Gordon stuff, I'm not screaming about them changing their draft plans, which have been MONTHS in advance to somehow think you can find a #1 in the 2nd or 3rd round.... I think if a guy like Beckham had maybe fell back, you could have grabbed him, but they stuck with their board and I commend them for that.p

I think, for instance, if Evans/Gilbert were very close (i suspect they were) that Gordon may push up Evans a little bit. But it doesn't make any sense to chase a guy (especially in the 3rd/4th round) because of the Gordon news. No mid-round pick is going to replace Gordon.

If he's gone for a year, it's a huge problem -- but it's one we need to fix by getting a legit veteran (probably costing a 3rd/4th round pick next year). There will be guys available at that price, and I trust Farmer to get one.

I love Bitonio - perfect scheme fit.

I think I am more skeptical of Kirksey than you are (I like the tape on Borland much more, though Kirksey is more Alonso like, so he is probably a better scheme fit).

I am also personally suspect of West. However, if there's one thing I totally trust Shanahan for, it is getting the right RB for his system. He's been a genius at that in the past. As long as he had input in the decision, I'm happy with the pick.

Speaking of which - one thing that came through in this draft, is how cohesive the FO/coaching staff is. One thing that is clear about every pick we made -- is that they are perfect scheme fits for what Pettine/Shanahan want to do. That speaks to a functional front office which wasn't obvious in previous decisions. That might be the best news to come out of this draft.

~Lyuokdea
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I wanted Johnny at 4. It didn't work out that way but I thought getting him with essentially a free pick was even better. We traded Trent Richardson for Johnny Manziel, and the Pittsburgh Steelers even helped us do it.

How awesome would it be if Manziel becomes a star NFL QB, and the Steelers helped us get him?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

...a functional front office ...

Oh yes! Isn't it nice to see that description without a "dys" in front it....

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

Loved the draft..thought we could have done without giving up the picks in the trade-ups but what do I know...one thing I thought FOR SURE and was wrong on was..

I was CONVINCED that after securing the BUF #1 for 2015 we were taking our next shiny QB in 2015...I was CERTAIN that we were not taking a QB this year - until much, much later - after making that trade.

Shows what I knew about that!

I would not have taken JFF there or traded up to get him there...HOWEVER, if I HAD to take one of the big 4-5 QBs...JFF was the one I wanted. (Although I did not want ANY QB in Rd1.)

In my mind JFF was a freebie/throw-in...Gilbert & BUF #1 next year? And throw in JFF? Ok...I'm good with that. (I know it wasn't exactly like that...but that's how I'll remember it.)

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I could care less about an extra first next year that will prob be in the 20's

We could have added watkins or evans. I mean if you are gonna go after Johnny KNOWING our wrs are screwed it might behoove them to actually give him a legit target to throw to.

Just think if your a Manziel fan(I am not one and hate the pick) then drafting evans would have given him someone he would have instant chemistry with and had them rocking right off the bat.

thier lack of ability to adapt their draft leaves me very disappointed.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Buffalo was nuts to give us their 1st rd pick. They're not one player away, and watkins doesn't make them better than New England. Manuel isn't a sure thing, and he may bust this year, and it's possible we have a top 5-10 pick next year. I've been watching the draft for years, and don't remember a team giving up a 1 to move up 5 spots, for a team that isn't that good.

I wanted Teddy, or Manziel, so I am happy we got one of them. Just a fantastic draft overall.

F
Rookie
Rookie
F
Exactly, not to mention that Buffalo defense got worse losing Byrd this offseason.

That defense was pretty meh before Pettine as well, I don't doubt they regress under Schwartz.

Legend
Legend
Carolina had an awful draft IMO. Way overdrafted Kelvin Benjamin in the first round and didn't get a replacement at LT for Jordan Gross' retirement. Needed a corner bad and drafted Bene Benwerike in the 5th, who is terrible. Drafted a backup DE in the second round who, though he's good, is going to be rotational only when they needed starters. Drafted a RB in the 6th round when they are already 3 deep at the position and they only had six picks. Starting Chase Blackburn again because they got no linebackers in the draft. Only drafter the one wideout... really bad IMO.

Chicago did awesome. Addressed big needs with really good players. That's how you improve your team in the draft.

I don't know anything about the TE they got, but man did Green Bay have a nice draft. The best FS falls to you at 21, you pick up Davante Adams, Abbrederis, and Janis to reload your receiving corps, pickup Linsley in the 5th after people are spending 2nds and 3rds on centers. Bradford to play ILB at 121. Man... that's a nice haul.

Houston's draft... looks like they grabbed a whole bunch of overrated guys to me. Didn't get an ILB. Didn't get a real QB though it was their biggest need. This seemed like a real gutless draft to me.

Indy's draft was awful IMO.

Last edited by clevesteve; 05/11/14 11:11 PM.
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
j/c

My brother and I debated these picks neither bending. I thought we do ok liked other guys, but I see where Farmer and Pettine are headed. My brother points out how they missed getting a replacement for Gordon and Manziel the next unorthodox person difficult to find pieces to complement. Both have strong arguments neither able to counter a better alternative. Reading many posts it appears my Brother and I are not that far off in the discussion.

What did we gain?

OL not consist of first or second round draft pick with the exception of Greco a third rounder.

Two corner backs projected to be solid man/zone coverage guys. Something most teams dream about. Adding Desire and Gilbert really adds much needed depth to the CB position. I wonder if Desire can/want to play FS.

RB has really taken a leap. With the return of Lewis and addition of Tate, West, and Pressley Browns created a really solid adverse running corp.

MLB, and I agree with most stumped me, was upgraded with the addition of Kirksey. I look at where he went to school and Frentz being the HC, I have to believe there are at the least positive qualities about this kid.

Negatives:

Browns had 10 picks picking up 6 guys. Sure Farmer used them wisely to get early round picks. What it really showed was the effects of changing coaches and GM did. Farmer, Pattine, and Scouts were not able to adjust in the lower rounds. In the past, fans make it so easy to fire a coach. When in the end, a coaching/GM change has a major impact. Farmer being a rookie added to the problem.

I'm not saying Farmer did not do well. I am saying his game ended after the middle of the second round. It showed just like it did last year when you don't have a full year to prepare for the draft.

T
Legend
Legend
T
How do you go through 2 drafts in a row ignoring the wide receiver position.
You wouldn't go thinking you could be a ground and pound team and ignore the runningback position. A team needs to have 7 top wide receivers, in order to whittle it down to the top 2 or 3.
This team approaches it like if you have 2 wide receivers, then you have 1 too many. I could just go on and on complaining about how they did not pick up any wide receivers, but,...
My complaining is not going to get you W's in the win column.

When the Browns, win playoff games, or make the playoffs, or even get close to making the playoffs, they have much better pass catchers, and they invest in it.
I'm talking about 1989, and 1994, and 2001, and 2007.

They don't have a 7 + year veteran Wide Receiver on this team that has proven he can get it done, and can get you into the playoffs, and has spent several years on the Browns roster. ...
That might be the situation where one could argue for ignoring the wide receiver position.

When you get a brand new Qb, if you want him to succeed, some of the things you could do to help his chances, are get Offensive line, a Tight end, and Wideouts.

But Everybody Knows That. So Why? It's just a letdown. Because I don't expect to see wins, how can one.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Carolina and Indy crapped the bed. Indy has the worst GM in the NFL. So glad we fleeced that clown.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

When the Browns, win playoff games, or make the playoffs, or even get close to making the playoffs, they have much better pass catchers, and they invest in it.

We didn't make the playoffs with our great Receivers in 07.

The year we DID make the playoffs, we had the GREAT receiving core of

Quincy Morgan
Andre' Davis
Kevin Johnson
Dennis Northcutt
Andre King

Quote:

Because I don't expect to see wins, how can one.

Solid Defense, Solid Run Game, Cameron, Hawkins, Burleson, and yes Little..

QBs have won games with less..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
L
2nd String
2nd String
L
Quote:

Quote:

We didn't make the playoffs with our great Receivers in 07.

The year we DID make the playoffs, we had the GREAT receiving core of

Quincy Morgan
Andre' Davis
Kevin Johnson
Dennis Northcutt
Andre King

Quote:

Because I don't expect to see wins, how can one.

Solid Defense, Solid Run Game, Cameron, Hawkins, Burleson, and yes Little..

QBs have won games with less..

+1

Be careful though, facts cause some people to panic.....

C
1st String
1st String
C
We got some good players from this one.Good T check,RB check,DB check.The rest are ??? for me.My only big issue is not taking a good WR,because I don't care what Ray and Pettine say...a team without kick a$$ WRs,is going to make it hard on an offense.Those guys haven't been with the Browns before,but we have seen this movie,and know what an offense is like with subpar wideouts.That being said,we do have a much better defense now,and should have a strong o-line to bulldoze,and run with.We got a good draft for next year too,so I would say this was a real nice draft for us.Way better draft,than the ones we've had,no question about that.Looking forward to pushing around Bal and Pitt for a change.Should be fun to see their reactions to it.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Overall I'm pretty happy with how the draft went and the players we got. At the end of the day though we have to win.

Legend
Legend
j/c

I was thinking this as the draft was taking place. More than any other year, it seemed like we were looking scheme-specific and personality-specific. We were very particular and precise with our selections ... almost like we entered the draft with a list of 7-10 people to draft.

If we fire Farmer/Pettine after a year or two, it's basically like throwing out everything. These guys, for better or worse, must be given more time than any other regime. We are married to their players and their philosophies now.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
So you're saying the one year we made the playoffs was the fourth consecutive year of picking a WR in the second?

S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
Quote:

, and he may bust this year, and it's possible we have a top 5-10 pick next year. I've been watching the draft for years, and don't remember a team giving up a 1 to move up 5 spots, for a team that isn't that good.

Washington gave up even more to go from 6 to 2.. However the value of that pick was much higher given that you were guaranteed Luck or Richardson.. St. Louis ended u trading back again.

I truly believe if JFF was an inch or two taller, that pick would have been worth a king's ransom.

For those complaining about not drafting a WR, I was a little weirded out that that they didn't get one, but let's see how this plays out... They my have a move up their sleeve to trade for someone. I think they have earned at least that much after the way they worked this draft. Lots of cuts coming too.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Quote:

How do you go through 2 drafts in a row ignoring the wide receiver position.
You wouldn't go thinking you could be a ground and pound team and ignore the runningback position. A team needs to have 7 top wide receivers, in order to whittle it down to the top 2 or 3.
This team approaches it like if you have 2 wide receivers, then you have 1 too many. I could just go on and on complaining about how they did not pick up any wide receivers, but,...

All I can say look at Seattle and Denver and who owns the Lombardi Trophy. I can almost buy Seattle was lucky. I look at Pittsburgh, Giants, and Baltimore when they won super bowls. All three focused around defense and running.

One last thought, what receivers did Washington have RG III's rookie year?

For those worried about receivers, let's see how Farmer and Pettine play this out before pressing the panic button. What is the worst case we finish under .500 again?

Every year there is top flight receiver. Jets finished with a better record than the Browns with even a worst receiving corp than the Browns have now. Browns have two #1 picks. Pettine's and Shanahan's focus is to get Manziel starter ready.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

For those complaining about not drafting a WR, I was a little weirded out that that they didn't get one, but let's see how this plays out... They my have a move up their sleeve to trade for someone. I think they have earned at least that much after the way they worked this draft. Lots of cuts coming too.

^This. I also believe that Hoyer will make our current receivers better. He throws a very catchable ball, on target and usually leads the WR to produce YAC instead of getting them blown up.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Negatives:

Browns had 10 picks picking up 6 guys. Sure Farmer used them wisely to get early round picks. What it really showed was the effects of changing coaches and GM did. Farmer, Pattine, and Scouts were not able to adjust in the lower rounds. In the past, fans make it so easy to fire a coach. When in the end, a coaching/GM change has a major impact. Farmer being a rookie added to the problem.

I'm not saying Farmer did not do well. I am saying his game ended after the middle of the second round. It showed just like it did last year when you don't have a full year to prepare for the draft.

I agree with you until the quoted part. I felt all along we were only going to draft 5-6-7 players. We want to get a little older, not younger. Pettine has said this.

To me it isn't about quantity. It is about quality. I think the overall quality of this draft was excellent.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I meant to say receivers. I know atlanta traded a bunch to us for julio, but that was 21 spots. Cant ever remember such a haul for a receiver, from a team that isnt a super bowl threat. I get why atlanta did it. They were a few plays from making the super bowl in 12. buffalo hasnt sniffed the playoffs.

S
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
S
Quote:

I meant to say receivers. I know atlanta traded a bunch to us for julio, but that was 21 spots. Cant ever remember such a haul for a receiver, from a team that isnt a super bowl threat. I get why atlanta did it. They were a few plays from making the super bowl in 12. buffalo hasnt sniffed the playoffs.

Yeah, I totally agree. I didn't understand the trade from their side. Are Bills fans mad about this? If Manuel works out, and Watkins is great, I guess I could live with that...

I just never saw Sammy in the same class as Johnson, Green, Julio, etc... He's very good, but he just didn't strike me as that caliber. I'd stick Josh in that group but you actually have to be on the field. Ouch.

Even if the Bills win 10 ballgames next year I still love that we can add another high caliber player.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A buddy of mine is a Bills fan and loved the trade.

I think they gave up too much for the second coming of Charles Rogers.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

People can say what they will, but I believe if you want JFF to succeed, you have to look at one of the major ingredients of his success. A HUGE WR that was his go to guy that he could just throw the ball up and that WR had the physical attributes to go up and take the ball away from defenders.

That part of things were simply ignored. I hear people say that if they had done that, it would have been a panic pick. No, it would have shown the ability to adapt to changing circumstances. In essence, they ignored adding an ingredient that JFF has shown a need to have. So the excuses can keep on flying, but reality dictates they simply don't wash.

They didn't draft an ILB. They drafted and OLB in the 4-3 that they will have to convert to an ILB in the 3-4. Yet that seems to be applauded as some great thing.

Back to the QB. They drafted the most overhyped QB since Tebow. A QB who isn't known to have the ability to read D's, doesn't seem good at going through his progressions and seems to improvise more often than do what good NFL QB's do. Which is read opposing D's, change the call at the LOS, go through their progressions and extend the play within the pocket.

To me, the best pick in this draft was Bitonio. While I like the Gilbert pick, I'm not even sure he was the best CB in this draft. He is not physical and isn't known for his tackling or physicality. The best CB's in this league aren't seen in that light.

I'm very underwhelmed overall. While I certainly hope I'm wrong, it doesn't change the way I see this draft. I've seen this year after year where people try to make the best of things. They heap praise on our drafts. And yet all it has gotten us is to 4-12.

I don't see huge playmakers or players who will be game changers in this draft. I don't believe Manziel has the makings of a franchise QB.

Like I said, I'm a Browns fan and certainly hope I'm wrong. I want the best for our Browns. But my view on this draft won't change until hopefully the players drafted prove me wrong.

JMHO

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Speaking of which - one thing that came through in this draft, is how cohesive the FO/coaching staff is. One thing that is clear about every pick we made -- is that they are perfect scheme fits for what Pettine/Shanahan want to do. That speaks to a functional front office which wasn't obvious in previous decisions. That might be the best news to come out of this draft.

I completely agree. Pettine talks about needing LBers with sideline-to-sideline speed, so it shouldn't be a surprise that we get one that does (even if many of us didn't like him as a prospect). I mean, you can go over the talking points on positions and the styles of offense/defense from our coaches and the guys they picked definitely play into it.

It definitely seems like everyone is on the same page. I hope that it is reality.

#gmstrong
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Everyone in Buffalo is getting fired after this season, you can count on it. If not with current ownership they are all gone with the next. Watkins isn't going to make them a playoff team.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

The best CB's in this league aren't seen in that light

Deion Sanders?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

Deion Sanders?

Richard Sherman and Darrel Revis?

See how far back you had to go to try and make your point?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I can see all of your points.

I do think Gilbert is the best fit for their system, (mainly because they say he is,) and is definitely top 3, so an excellent addition to play opposite Haden.

I have the same concerns about Manziel as you do, and possibly a few other concerns as well. I do like his arm strength, accuracy, scrambling ability, ability to throw accurately on the run, play making ability, will to win and toughness, so I hope he can develop into a fine starting QB. I want him to sit and learn. The first time I start hearing chants of, "Johnny! Johnny! Johnny!" coming from the stadium, I'm likely going to lose it.

I like the Bitonio pick a lot.

I also like the Kirksey pick because I think he is mainly there to shut down the good pass catching tight ends, and I like the idea that they have a plan for that given their prevalence in the league. I think Mosely was probably one of the players they were trying to go up to 11 for, but when he was taken Kirksey became their guy.

I like the Pierre Desir pick, I think he'll be a turnover machine but I don't know how much we'll see him in the next year or two.

I think Terrance West will be a beast and was a good pickup to augment our running game, and a player that fits really well with Shanny's scheme.

Like you, I hope this proves out to be an epic draft, but I can't say that I don't have concerns or that I wasn't shocked by not taking at least one WR from this very deep WR class. I do, however, appreciate the fact that both Farmer and Pettine seem very happy with the players they did get, even though they were unable to get some of they players they really wanted. (Bortles? Evans? Mosely?)

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yes he went back to the greatest of the past 25 years in a time when they did not throw the ball as much as they do now.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not sure who they "really wanted", but they sure didn't seem shy about moving up and down the draft board. Which I do believe is a good thing. But when you do that, to me that means you do it to target who you really want.

I certainly hope I'm 100% wrong here. But watching film on JFF, I see a great NCAA QB whose skill set simply won't transfer well. I certainly don't discount his will to win and toughness. But on the toughness side, I believe playing against bigger, faster and more physical D's may show his internal toughness to be much greater than his external toughness.

His game is going to have to change drastically if he expects to stay healthy in the NFL.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I also like the Kirksey pick because I think he is mainly there to shut down the good pass catching tight ends,

If he can do that, then he was worth the reach. I am sick and tired of watching TEs owning the seam and converting 3rd and longs on us, over and over and over.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Deion Sanders?

Richard Sherman and Darrel Revis?

See how far back you had to go to try and make your point?

This is why Peen called you a punk. I attempted to be lighthearted, you felt the need to be condescending. Forgot to menton Nmandi during his prime.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

But watching film on JFF, I see a great NCAA QB whose skill set simply won't transfer well.

I think a lot of that depends on coaching and willingness to learn. Watching his pro day showed me that he can make all of the throws from the pocket. Showed excellent arm strength and accuracy. If he can learn to trust his line, read the D, and get rid of the ball quickly, (he has shown the ability to find the open man and has the arm and accuracy to get the ball there,) eventually he could pick defenses apart. I know that's a lot of ifs, but he will have to develop to be good, and develop all of those things to become great.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

I also like the Kirksey pick because I think he is mainly there to shut down the good pass catching tight ends,

If he can do that, then he was worth the reach. I am sick and tired of watching TEs owning the seam and converting 3rd and longs on us, over and over and over.

Exactly.

#gmstrong
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

To me, the best pick in this draft was Bitonio. While I like the Gilbert pick, I'm not even sure he was the best CB in this draft. He is not physical and isn't known for his tackling or physicality. The best CB's in this league aren't seen in that light.

You don't even have to leave the team for evidence disputing this. Joe Haden isn't known for tackling the tackling dummy effectively.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

This is why Peen called you a punk. I attempted to be lighthearted, you felt the need to be condescending. Forgot to menton Nmandi during his prime.

Actually, unlike some, I don't really give a damn what anyone calls me. And Peen made it clear that's not what he really thinks.

That's how it goes on the internet. When people disagree with your point of view, they act like they're in Jr. High School again.

So if you think that phases me, you're sadly mistaken. The point was and still is, the best CB's in the game today are pretty physical. You aren't going to stop every pass thrown your way. Physicality can make a huge difference what happens after the catch is made.

Now if you want to discuss the merits of that, then fine. But debating that opinion rather than throwing out insults, would make you look far more credible. Throwing out insults only makes you look bad, not me.

#gmstrong
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2014 NFL Season NFL Draft 2014 Final draft thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard