Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
All Pro
All Pro
M
It's not my money

And unless I miss my guess, it's probably pretty front-loaded given the cap room we have this year. Very, very glad to have him locked up for the next half decade.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"One man's Bum is another man's Hobo" - Waterdawg
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

It's not my money

And unless I miss my guess, it's probably pretty front-loaded given the cap room we have this year. Very, very glad to have him locked up for the next half decade.

EXACTLY!

------------------------------
*In Baker we trust*
-------------------------------
Legend
Legend
Browns sign cornerback Joe Haden to five-year extension
Posted 1 hour ago

Kevin Jones
Staff Writer
@Mr_KevinJones Facebook
Pro Bowler will key success on defense for years

On Tuesday, Pro Bowl cornerback Joe Haden signed a five-year contract extension with the Cleveland Browns.
““This is a great day for both Joe Haden and the Cleveland Browns,” General Manager Ray Farmer said. “Joe’s a good, young player who’s made a commitment to our organization, and he’s somebody with whom we want to move forward in order to advance our football team. He’s a great person. He’s the right guy to both build with and build around as we attempt to become an elite football team.”
Haden, 25, is regarded as a premiere shutdown cornerback in the NFL.
In 57 career games, Haden has logged 13 interceptions and 186 tackles. Following the 2013 season, Haden was selected to his first all-pro team. And rightfully so.
The following is a chart documenting the struggles of top-flight receivers when they faced Haden and the Browns defense.

Week Wide Receiver Receptions Yards
1 Mike Wallace 1 15
5 Stevie Johnson 2 19
6 Calvin Johnson 3 26
7 Jordy Nelson 5 43
8 Dwayne Bowe 1 8
11 A.J. Green 2 7
There are weapons on offense. The object of the defense is to put obstacles in the way to stop those offensive threats. Haden is more than an obstacle. He’s proved himself to be a nail that can puncture a tire, disrupting the whole flow and movement of an offense.
“It’s important for us,” said Head Coach Mike Pettine, “to extend our core players and continue to grow with guys that represent everything we want this team to be: Tough, hard-working and passionate. Joe obviously loves his teammates, and he loves this city."
The Browns are committed to building a winning program. Their dedication to Joe Haden proves that.
“He’s a true professional,” said Farmer. “When we talk about identifying talent, building through the draft, developing solid players and retaining them, Joe Haden’s at the top of the list. I’m excited. Our team is excited.”

web page

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Alright! I was worried he wouldn't be back after we let Ward walk.

S
Legend
Legend
S
This is awesome. Big step toward building a winner.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I read 22m in guarantees. Not sure how the "Injury" money actually works, I've never seen that before.

Legend
Legend
Great news.

Another great move by the FO. I hope they're right about Gilbert and Manziel too (and not getting a WR in the draft - I'm not worried about the WR just yet).

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Might s well, The Johnny Football financial gain will more than make up for the difference.

Unfortunatly, that's not how it works...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
j/c

Pretty impressive work by Farmer considering the timing of the draft chaos and all of the UDFAs that were brought in.

Very impressive.

*In Baker we trust*
O
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
O
I like Joe

But...

If the guarnteed money is 45 million, that's a lot of dough.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

j/c

Pretty impressive work by Farmer considering the timing of the draft chaos and all of the UDFAs that were brought in.

Very impressive.

LOL Didn't you hear, we overpaid

I absolutely love this signing..

The Browns are finally saying, if you perform at a high level, we'll pay you, if you don't, we'll replace you as soon as we can.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I like Joe

But...

It's not. It's only 22M guaranteed.
The other 23M is an injury insurance policy.

*In Baker we trust*
F
Legend
Legend
F
Quote:

Joe Haden Adds A Lamborghini Murcielago To His Lineup
15 COMMENTS · WHAT DO YOU THINK? LEAVE A COMMENT...
Looks like cornerback, Joe Haden is getting some major use out of his 50 million dollar contract with the Cleveland Browns. He's only 22 and he's only been in the NFL for a couple years but that hasn't stopped him from dropping some major cash on cars including a Range Rover, Mercedes-Benz S-Class, Bentley Continental, BMW X6, a Rolls Royce and now Akon's old Lamborghini Murcielago that was for sale on eBay recently.

Haden posted photos of himself with the Lamborghini (along with all his other rides) on his Instagram account just recently. He's sure living the life! Wonder what he'll pick up next.

What's your favorite one out of the whole mix?

web page

So he was 18 when we drafted him in 2010?
Born: April 14, 1989 (age 25)..

That link is from 2 years ago. :P

Last edited by FloridaFan; 05/13/14 01:46 PM.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
Age issue and mistakes aside, If I had that kinda money, there would be several exotic cars in my driveway.. No problem..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

I like Joe

But...

that's the way I'm reading it. If he gets injured and can't play in the league he gets 45m, if he is healthy he gets 22???

Legend
Legend
The Browns have a boat load of dead money coming off the books next year as well. Trading Richardson, cutting Weeden and Jackson totaled $15M in dead money this year. The Browns still have the most available cap in the league right now.

As of right now (not including Joe's new deal) according to overthecap.com, the browns have the 3rd least total team salary next year.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

that's the way I'm reading it. If he gets injured and can't play in the league he gets 45m, if he is healthy he gets 22???

Guaranteed money.

The contract is worth up to $58million.

If he gets injured and can't play, he can't meet his incentives, so there's a $23mil injury clause. So I'm assuming he'd get $45mil if he becomes injured.

If I'm reading into this right?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Age issue and mistakes aside, If I had that kinda money, there would be several exotic cars in my driveway.. No problem..

Exotic cars and exotic wom...I mean, clothes.

I had a manager a few years back that was trying to convince me that if he somehow had/won $1b he would still buy a sensible, modest car because purchasing an expensive car is a bad investment. I would have a Bentley, a fully restored 1973 Dodge Challenger, a 1965 Lincoln Continental, a Tesla, a dozen motorcycles of varying ages, a huge boat, and probably a helicopter too.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I like Joe

But...

Joe Haden Defensive Back 5/13/2014: Signed a six-year, $74.678 million contract. The deal contains $45 million guaranteed, including a $14 million signing bonus. 2014: $6,678,193, 2015-2019: Under Contract, 2020: Free Agent

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nfl/cle/browns

all I know is he is getting over 20 mil this year.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Great news!!!!! takes a little of the sting out of the Gordon thing

Joe Thomas #73
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I really don't care that much, he's worth it, if you watched him at the Pro Bowl, he is the exact kind of guy you want to pay the money to. He's our leader, he's smart, high character.

He does tend to be a front runner, which is annoying, but he's worth it.

O
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
O
Quote:

Quote:

I like Joe

But...

The steelroid stooge's blog has stated that his contract exceeds Richard Sherman's. It would have to be 45 in order to exceed Shermans. How much did Jarius Byrd get?

Hey, that's a lot of dough.

Once again, I like Joe and him signing now, which opens up us keeping someone else in the future, is a good thing. But... wow that is an awful lot of money. Versatile turned us on to a website (it is currently down or I would have linked it) Presnapreads that did a detailed breakdown of Joe's weaknesses. He still has a lot of room for improvement.

But, his stats against good receivers does speak for itself.

I keep reading that "we have all this available money to spend" well, I've learned that when you spend a lot of money eventually it runs out.

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Haden > Sherman...

that's is all

"It has to start somewhere
It has to start somehow
What better place than here?
What better time than now?"
E
Legend
Legend
E

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Exotic cars and exotic wom...I mean, clothes.

I had a manager a few years back that was trying to convince me that if he somehow had/won $1b he would still buy a sensible, modest car because purchasing an expensive car is a bad investment. I would have a Bentley, a fully restored 1973 Dodge Challenger, a 1965 Lincoln Continental, a Tesla, a dozen motorcycles of varying ages, a huge boat, and probably a helicopter too.

LOL Not sure I'd go quite that far. I'd have at least one of these, a Vette ZR1, Chevy SS, Camaro ZL1. Probably a Bentley Contenental GT Speed and for my wife, a Mercedes convertable (red with tan leather) and several others of her choice.

Also a Pick up Truck.. Man has to have a pick up truck. I think it's in our DNA LOL

House here, house in Florida and a fractional ownership of a private Jet so I can come and go as I please without regard to the TSA LOL

I would not even need a billion

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
What no one is say is Sherman's extension is for 4 years and Joe's is 5. So while Joe exceeds his total guaranteed amount it's over a longer term than Sherman. The per year is the true measure not total amount.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

JC

I assume that $14 mill bonus goes against 2014? Hope so, because we still have the cap room.

Glad to see we are serious about the secondary!

I thought it gets all paid to Joe now, but from a cap hit, we distribute it evenly over the life of the contract in addition to the base pay.

1. I could be completely wrong.
2. I wonder if teams could opt to use it all in one cap year if they have the cap space....like we do.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

Quote:

JC

I assume that $14 mill bonus goes against 2014? Hope so, because we still have the cap room.

I thought it gets all paid to Joe now, but from a cap hit, we distribute it evenly over the life of the contract in addition to the base pay.

1. I could be completely wrong.
2. I wonder if teams could opt to use it all in one cap year if they have the cap space....like we do.

Tony Grossi ‏@TonyGrossi · 1h
My calculations are Joe Haden's cap number in '14 rises from $8.92m to $11.7m per terms of new deal. #browns

if grossi knows what he is talking about.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Absolutely Love This!!

Locks him in forever.... Locks out AJ Green forever!
(Forever in Dawg and Football Years)

Shows the other players, both on the Browns and other teams, we are willing to Pay for Play!
Excel and we will Reward!
Half-measure it and you are gone.
This will go far in getting talent to sign here.....

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
wow...talk about over paying someone. Dont get me wrong i like joe allot...and i think he is avery good corner....but 68 mill!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? How does farmer plan to build and hold a team together when he is giving out contracts like this? Taylor, Sheard, JORDAN CAMERON...all these guys contract is up after this season......

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
awesome give credit to farmer I would hate to play poker against him

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Quote:

Not sure I understand the injury part of this deal. So if he gets injured, he gets paid for sure?

Seems like he got insurance against injury and we got him for 1-2mil/year less than market (or even more 2-3 years from now) and well, we got him through 2019. Do not forget that Haden already was making like 8-9mil/season on his rookie deal, so not much of extra cap money we had to tack on.

Not sure I understand all of this. I feared they'd let Haden go, if Desir develops or just tag him for one more season or maybe even a trade.

I like the idea of Haden-Gilbert for the next 5-6 years, but it makes the Desir-pick even more questionable now since he can't play the slot. Desir is strictly an outside depth player now, who won't contribute much in terms of snaps. He's strictly an injury backup now. A lot of luxury for a team that had no WR at the time of the pick, but oh well, guess we have good depth at CB finally, so there's the positive.

Yeah i like this desir kid...i think it was kiper who said he had him rated as a 2nd round talent. he was passed over because of the school he comes from. i was thinking he might be hadens replacement....guess not

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

wow...talk about over paying someone. Dont get me wrong i like joe allot...and i think he is avery good corner....but 68 mill!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? How does farmer plan to build and hold a team together when he is giving out contracts like this? Taylor, Sheard, JORDAN CAMERON...all these guys contract is up after this season......

until you get a good winning team put together your going to over pay. on thing I noticed though is most these contracts like kruger's are really 2 year deals. you can cut them then with very little dead money.

----------------------

Browns TE Jordan Cameron hires new agent

By George M. Thomas Published: May 13, 2014

Browns Pro Bowl tight end Jordan Cameron has hired CAA Sports to serve as his agent.

Cameron is in the final year of his contract which pays him $645,000 and so far he and the Browns have been unable to come to an agreement on an extension.

If he and the Browns are unable to come to an agreement, he can become a free agent after next season if the team doesn’t use its franchise or transition tag on him.

The latter was used for center Alex Mack recently and would allow Cameron to negotiate with teams next spring to test the free-agent market, but the Browns would have the right to match any offer.

If the Browns use the franchise tag on him, he’d cost the team approximately $7 million dollars.

The 6-foot-5, 245-pound tight end made his first Pro Bowl last season based on season that included 80 catches for 917 yards and seven touchdowns.

He fired his former agent, Michael Hoffman of Premier Sports, last week, according to reports.

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-brow...-agent-1.487763

maybe we can work a deal now before the season?

Last edited by pblack18707; 05/13/14 05:10 PM.

A
Legend
Legend
A
j/c

I know it's none of my concern/worry.......but, is Joe Haden going to be one of those guys that, 2 years after retiring, is bankrupt?

Taxes, agent fees.........all the cars, the clothes, the shoes.........Hey, Joe, the checks aren't going to keep coming. I've seen people blow threw $10 million in no time. Buying stuff is great - until you lose your income but still have all the stuff and the costs associated with said stuff.

Anyway, it's not my concern, I know. But he plays for the Browns - he's a good player - I always wish the best for those guys. I don't want to see him bankrupt in a few years.

Carry on.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I am so happy about this. If everyone played with as much heart and effort as Joe, then we'd be superbowl bound on just those aspects alone.

LOVE IT! Great job Ray. Haden is a monster.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I am very excited about seeing him and Justin Gilbert for 5 years together locking up receivers and allow our rushers to get after opposing QB's.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

I am very excited about seeing him and Justin Gilbert for 5 years together locking up receivers and allow our rushers to get after opposing QB's.

+ 1

Like Gilbert said in one of his interviews about the combo of Haden and himself - "It's going to be dangerous. It's going to be real dangerous".

Legend
Legend
Quote:

JC

Actually, the more I think about it, the less that really matters. I say that because we can carry over cap space from year to year ......

It's almost 6 of one, half dozen of another, whether we use up our cap space this year, or carry more cap space over to next year.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Where did you come up with 68 million, what did I miss?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

Where did you come up with 68 million, what did I miss?

We extended Joe Haden's contract today.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Joe Haden signs new deal.

Link Copied to Clipboard