Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

I was thinking the other day, with the Browns getting Manziel, and if the Cavs get James back, what in the world will the Indians do to "keep up"?

Fireworks and dollar dogs.

Legend
Legend
Sign Tim Tebow

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I was thinking the other day, with the Browns getting Manziel, and if the Cavs get James back, what in the world will the Indians do to "keep up"?

Cheerleaders.

Not really fair, they made the playoffs last year. If anything, the other teams in the city need to step up their game. Just drafting Manziel doesn't do squat.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

downtown would be revitalized, and he would have a solid team that he wouldn't have to carry night in and night out.

I guess you havent been in downtown Cleveland for quite a while. Downtown revitilization has been doing quite well for a while now. Having a sold out Q for 41 more nights a year wouldnt hurt but its not on Lebrons shoulders alone

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
j/c

Do you guys suppose Kyrie knows something and that's why he signed on for the deal he did?

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

j/c

Do you guys suppose Kyrie knows something and that's why he signed on for the deal he did?

I think, just like "The Decision" four years ago. Everything was known quite a while ago. I am not saying Lebron is coming home, but I think the choice has been made and there are just some loose ends being tied up... either way

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

Dan Lebatard, and Bomani Jones are by far the worst, and beyond delusional. I get Miami was a great thing 4 years ago for these guys, but their time has come and gone for the most part. Their hate on the city of Cleveland is pretty lame if you ask me..

LeBatard's main fan base is in Miami, he lives in Miami, was born in Miami, his show is produced in Miami, and he is a known troll. What do you expect him to do?

Legend
Legend
Might need to start a new thread on this one soon. It's probably going to get crazier in the next few days.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I predict we hear the final result today. My predicition: Cleveland, max deal with an opt out after the 15/16 season. And I've been saying he was going back to Miami all along.

C
Legend
Legend
C
If Bosh and LeBron leave I would expect Wade to get interest from other teams. I'd bet the Hornets and Bulls would be all over him.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

j/c

It does seem as though Kyrie's attitude completely changed.

It seemed like he might have agreed to a 3 year extension ....... but then he suddenly, and enthusiastically embraces the 5 year extension, with no opt outs.

Then again, the Cavaliers appeared to be hot and heavy in pursuit of Hayward .... then suddenly that was shelved. That makes it hard for me to believe that there was much pre-planning that Cavaliers management was "in on".

I dunno ..... with reports that Lebron spoke to one of the Cavaliers and implied that he would be returning .... maybe there really is some truth to that. Who knows? There is so much stuff flying around that it is hard t know what might have some validity, and what doesn't.

I do think that the reports saying that Lebron's agent, and Maverick Carter,(who seems to have a fairly significant influence on Lebron) both favor him returning to Cleveland are among the most interesting reports. These are his most trusted advisors.

I think, also, that Lebron no longer sharing an agent with Wade and Bosh is interesting.

There is a lot of stuff pointing towards a return to Cleveland by Lebron. However, and I have said this before ....... but I honestly do think that if he jilts the Cavaliers again this time, he will never get another chance to play here again. If he hopes to end his career in Cleveland, I doubt that the Cavaliers will hold the door for him again ..... especially as he gets older. I think that the Cavaliers do have a plan this time as far as what to do if Lebron does not come back, and they will use their cap space to their best advantage. There won't be a max deal waiting for Lebron 4 years down the road. They will probably give Wiggins a max extension when he is eligible, if he progresses as we all hope and expect. With Kyrue already in possession of a max deal, and them likely giving another player close t, or a max deal, there won't be room for Lebron. There seems to be a seriously significant convergence of talent, assets, cap space, and money in Cleveland, and I think that either Lebron takes advantage of that, or loses any chance to return forever.

I would also add that Gilbert doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would get the football pulled away at the last moment twice, only to give someone a 3rd chance to do so. I honestly believe that if Lebron does not return now, he will never come back. (even if it's not 100% his decision)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I predict we hear the final result today. My predicition: Cleveland, max deal with an opt out after the 15/16 season. And I've been saying he was going back to Miami all along.

I don't think that Gilbert will take what amounts to a 2 year deal. Who are we going to add to the puzzle with Lebron having an ability to opt out in a year or 2? Would a guy like Love sign a long term deal under those circumstances? I doubt it. We had trouble attracting quality free agents when Lebron was on a 3 year extension ...... a potential 1 or 2 year deal will do nothing for the Cavaliers, beyond the admittedly large [piece James' presence alone would bring on the court.

I think that Lebron has to be all in, or out. Reportedly that's what the Cavaliers told Kyrie. I just don't see that a year or 2 of Lebron helps this team make big moves. It was different in Miami, when all of the principles shared that same ability, and they were all in together. In this case, we want to attract that extra "big piece" ....... and that kind of deal will not accomplish that.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Yea I kinda get the feeling the Lebron bomb gets dropped tonight.

Legend
Legend
I have a feeling that, if i's Cleveland, the announcement is today. What better way to erase the "Decision" than to make the opposite decision on the anniversary of the original?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Dan Gilbert is on his hands and knees begging LeBron to comeback under any circumstance. LeBron needs to be a free agent in the summer of 2016.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Latest from Amico: RT @SamAmicoFSO Cavs have had back and forth with LeBron's camp, more than what's been reported, I'm told. But source says he thinks LBJ leaning toward Heat

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Dan Gilbert is on his hands and knees begging LeBron to comeback under any circumstance. LeBron needs to be a free agent in the summer of 2016.

I was one who said that going to Miami wasn't going to kill his reputation... if he played in Cleveland for 7 years, then Miami for 4, then Cleveland for 2, then somewhere else for 4 or 5 until he was in his mid 30s.. I think that kind of movement would start to hurt him...

Signing with the Cavs for 2 years would be stupid. Iriving will not yet be 25.. Wiggins will be 22.. Bennett will be 23... Tristan will barely be 25... Waiters will be 24.... Zeller will be 26... Blatt will only have 2 years in...

Look, I want LeBron back as much as anybody but if you think that roster adds up to winning a championship in the first 2 years I think you might be fooling yourself.. Everybody but LeBron and Andy would be under 25... I reserve the right to change that opinion if they went out and got a Kevin Love..

yebat' Putin
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I don't think that Gilbert will take what amounts to a 2 year deal.

Get real.

If Lebron wants a one year deal and Gilbert to sing 'I'm So Pretty' in drag, Dan will start putting on lipstick.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I don't think that Gilbert will take what amounts to a 2 year deal.

Get real.

If Lebron wants a one year deal and Gilbert to sing 'I'm So Pretty' in drag, Dan will start putting on lipstick.

I don't think so.

Look, Lebron on, potentially, a 1 or 2 year deal, with uncertainty each and every year, does nothing for a young team. I truly believe that if he's not in for at least 3 .... as a minimum ... that it would be worse for the Cavaliers to bring him back. No one is going to come play here as a long term free agent if Lebron can opt out next year ... or the year after ..... or the year after ..... and that has to be part of the attraction for bringing Lebron back. You bring him back not only for his talent ...... but also so he can help bring in another big talent to make this a long term winner. I doubt that a guy like Kevin Love, for example, is going to even consider signing here if Lebron can leave next year.

The worst thing this team could do is to count on Lebron only to have him bail again in a year or 2. That would be worse than never bringing him back at all. Seriously ..... who does that help?

C
Legend
Legend
C
So now Dan Gilbert is in a position to make demands on LeBron?

LeBron needs to be able to get out of his contract before the new CBA goes into effect. The max salary will likely be higher.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

That made me throw up in my mouth just a little bit.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Latest from Amico: RT @SamAmicoFSO Cavs have had back and forth with LeBron's camp, more than what's been reported, I'm told. But source says he thinks LBJ leaning toward Heat

/sarcasm

Lebron and/or Lebron's camp is using Cleveland as leverage against Riley and the Heat. 99% of the scenario's had Lebron staying in Miami. I'm not suggesting anyone is doing this on purpose to hurt Cleveland, but they're using Cleveland as leverage, because that's "business".

Something has to be in the works for Bosh if he said no to Houston's offer (if that's true).

We and the media are getting played by the Lebron, Wade, Bosh and Riley. They already know what's going down but they want the exposure to get attention (which helps the NBA).

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I was one who said that going to Miami wasn't going to kill his reputation... if he played in Cleveland for 7 years, then Miami for 4, then Cleveland for 2, then somewhere else for 4 or 5 until he was in his mid 30s.. I think that kind of movement would start to hurt him...

Signing with the Cavs for 2 years would be stupid. Iriving will not yet be 25.. Wiggins will be 22.. Bennett will be 23... Tristan will barely be 25... Waiters will be 24.... Zeller will be 26... Blatt will only have 2 years in...

Look, I want LeBron back as much as anybody but if you think that roster adds up to winning a championship in the first 2 years I think you might be fooling yourself.. Everybody but LeBron and Andy would be under 25... I reserve the right to change that opinion if they went out and got a Kevin Love..

With Luol Deng playing with injuries, and in an offense that did not play to his strengths, this was almost a .500 team. (19-21) Deng also did not fit the offense, such as it was, that Brown tried to run.

I think that this team, being in the East, with Wiggins added, and Lebron and the rest of the roster largely unchanged, is a 45-50 win team. How much success they would have in the playoffs would be debatable ...... but I think that they would be a massively improved team in regular season play.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Daryl Ruiter of WKRK Cleveland saying Wade is out in Vegas with Riley.

Daryl Ruiter Twitter

Legend
Legend
I just hope we get a final answer, one way or the other, today. If he's not coming back, let the Cavaliers start making the moves they need to make to improve this team without Lebron. (or plan on how to build around him if he is coming back)

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
I agree.

I expect all 3 to be back in Miami. Not saying it's a sure thing, but Miami's moves yesterday made me more inclined to think Miami is bringing them all back.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Yea but at the same time if the cavs think he's leaning toward returning to Miami they need to move on. If they want to throw money at Hayward or whomever, they need to get in gear. I'm not saying that's the case but they're obviously hearing more than us.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Quote:

I just hope we get a final answer, one way or the other, today. If he's not coming back, let the Cavaliers start making the moves they need to make to improve this team without Lebron. (or plan on how to build around him if he is coming back)

I agree. I'm still leaning towards him picking Miami, but I have got caught up with the whole story. It'll be disappointing, but that's on me for believing random tweets and unnamed sources.

I want the Cleveland Browns to be my pallbearers so they can let me down for the last time.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Yea but at the same time if the cavs think he's leaning toward returning to Miami they need to move on. If they want to throw money at Hayward or whomever, they need to get in gear. I'm not saying that's the case but they're obviously hearing more than us.

Yeah, sitting around waiting does them no good. If Lebron wants to return, then great. if he doesn't, then move on. You can't lose what you already lost.

I will say that I would never welcome him back if he plays out a 3 or 4 year deal in Miami, then wants to return "home" to end his career. I would be spiteful enough to tell him to go pound salt and go retire as a Hornet or something. Not a very nice attitude ...... but I doubt that I would be alone in that sentiment.

However, I still do think that Cleveland has a great package to offer Lebron. If Lebron decides to go elsewhere, they have nothing to be ashamed of. They have young talent, assets galore, money to spend, and multiple 1st round picks in next year's draft. (potentially up to 3) They set themselves up to be in position for him to return about as well as they could have.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Well, they could have not whiffed on the Thompson, Waiters, and Bennett picks. They look like whiffs right now anyway. They could have also not burned 5 other draft picks for a couple one year rentals last year. They could have not wasted a year of teaching/development by re-hiring Mr. Potato head himself. They did spike Irving and Wiggins with 8th and 9th best lottery odds though. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Legend
Legend
Waiters averaged 19 PPG after the All Star break last year. That's pretty damn good.

He still needs work on sharing the ball, and playing within the system ...... but last year's offensive system wasn't much of a system to start with.

Thompson is, at least, a high quality backup. He is damn near a double double guy, but he needs big time work on his defense, and doesn't have much range. One thing I will say about him is that he seems to try and work on a weakness every off-season. He still has a ways to go though, to be a solid level starter on a good team.

Bennett is a huge I, for incomplete. I am looking forward to seeing how he does in the Summer League.He has the shooting ability the team wants ..... so we;'ll just have to see if he can manage to bring that to the NBA level.

C
Legend
Legend
C
The Cavs kind of lucked into drafting Thompson (LeBron's buddy).

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I'm not really a fan of Thompson's game. I don't think it fits well in the modern NBA. He's too limited offensively and isn't a great paint defender. He's a good rebounder but until he can reliably hit a mid range shot, he should just be a good energy big off the bench. Kind of underwhelming for a #4 overall pick.

Waiters can put up points but his efficiency isn't good, and he's an undersized SG by NBA standards. There are questions about how well he fits with Irving. He does have lots of ability, and I think he could develop into a great 6th man. Still a bit underwhelming for a #4 overall pick, but I happen to think he could be valuable. See Ginobli in San Antonio (trying to be optimistic here.)

Bennett... I still don't know why we drafted a fat, injured, 6'5" power forward (ok, 6'7" in shoes) with other medical issues #1 overall, but whatever. Reports are that he's in shape this year, which is nice. But he's certainly not doing anything to lure Lebron back here. Noel or Dipo might have factored in a bit.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
If you're a contender, TT doesn't really have much of a place on your team.

Waiters improved immensely last year, but I don't see him fitting this team with Blatt.

Bennett. Headscratcher.

Still think Cleveland is setting itself up for hurt. All tangible evidence points to a Miami return.

Hope I'm wrong.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
ill guess we hear something tomorrow tonight

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Cut Swisher?

Tackles are tackles.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Cut Swisher?

I'll admit it, I LOL'd.

[Linked Image]

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

That's hilarious.

web page

Last edited by DIEHARD; 07/08/14 05:33 PM.

------------------------------
*In Baker we trust*
-------------------------------
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

LeBron met with Nike today, Heat tomorrow.

I'd guess an announcement will be intended to be made on Friday, but leak tomorrow.

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum So, where will LeBron end up

Link Copied to Clipboard