Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

Legend
Legend

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Some people just don't get it.

P
Legend
Legend
P

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
R
Legend
Legend
R
What a shame. Albert Breer tweeted "curtains". Seems about right.

Sucks to have a guy like that fall into our laps only to lose him to something like this.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Good bye Josh!

[Linked Image from i442.photobucket.com]
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Cut him.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Quote:

Cut him.

brilliant idea

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
This sends a bad message.

He cant stay on the roster...if we keep him, we may lose guys like Manziel who feel like being careless and irresponsible is okay.

He continues to make mistakes...and he cant be rewarded by keeping his job. He has to lose his job over this. Repeated failed drug tests and a DUI...Losing his job straightened Pacman Jones up...at least enough to be successful. Chris Henry didn't learn his lesson, Jamarcus Russell didn't either (though he didn't have legal trouble), and those guys have had dire consequences for their actions.
Jamarcus at least has a degree he can maybe fall back on.

Gordon doesn't have that either...

"It has to start somewhere
It has to start somehow
What better place than here?
What better time than now?"
Legend
Legend
Him "keeping his job" isn't exactly that... He doesn't get paid for the time he is suspended. Doesn't do us much good to cut him.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

Him "keeping his job" isn't exactly that... He doesn't get paid for the time he is suspended. Doesn't do us much good to cut him.

maybe it would send johnny manziel a message. he is next for this crap.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Legend
Legend
I was one of that dudes biggest supporters.

Time to let him go. It's like,I wanna know what he got arrested for, but at this point, it doesn't even matter. He needs to go.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Legend
Legend
D
Maybe time to try to shop the kid. He obviously just doesn't get it, nor is willing to try to get it. His priorities are clear and football doesn't seem to be amongst the top of them. He's learned seemingly nothing.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
what a waste

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Maybe time to try to shop the kid. He obviously just doesn't get it, nor is willing to try to get it. His priorities are clear and football doesn't seem to be amongst the top of them. He's learned seemingly nothing.

That's a great idea and all, but what exactly do you think you can get in return?

Does he even have value?

I honestly thought he was ganna be the case that the NFL first broke ground on lightening their rules..

Now, if this is true, I'd 1. Suspend him indefinitely 2. Help him get some help, because he appears to need it..

Sad.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

This.

There's 0 reason to cut him.

For everyone saying we need to "send a message so he can turn his life around" ... This is terrible, but the reality is, its not our job to make sure he "gets it" for his own sake.

From a business point of view, there's no logical reason to cut him.

Deal with the year long suspension, hope that's all it is and figure it out next year.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Does anyone know yet what he was arrested for?

S
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
S
He needs help. Seriously. He needs to admit that he has a problem w/ chemical dependency and seek psychological help...and he needs to continue receiving psychological help even IF he is ever allowed back in the league.

All the talent in the world flushed down the drain. Won't be the first time it's ever happened. His family needs to intervene, if he has any family that care about him. He's let them down immensely. We're just fans of the football team he plays on. Imagine if this was your kid. I would be seriously concerned for him.

JMHO
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

DWI

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Driving while "impaired" could actually mean a lot of things, hell you could be tired and get ticketed for it...

I'm just going to assume he wasn't just tired..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

DWI

Josh Gordon arrested in North Carolina for DWI

Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon was arrested in Raleigh, North Carolina on the Fourth of July.

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon was arrested in Raleigh, N.C. on Friday evening for driving while impaired, according to a report by Matt Anderson of WKYC in Cleveland.

Gordon has not been averse to off-the-field issues so far in his short NFL career. Recently a July date was set for Gordon's appeal hearing, attempting to lessen the indefinite suspension that was handed down recently for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy for a third time.

Gordon was bonded out on Saturday afternoon, but an arrest on the Fourth of July is certainly not going to help his case at his hearing to reduce his suspension from the NFL.

Gordon originally entered the NFL in the supplemental draft after being suspended twice in college, reportedly for marijuana use, before eventually being dismissed from Baylor. Despite being suspended for two games in 2014, Gordon broke out last year, catching 87 passes for 1,646 yards and nine touchdowns and making the NFL's Pro Bowl.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/7/5/5873131/josh-gordon-arrest-cleveland-browns

Plenty of stories on the internet. Which after all is why God created Google.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Yeah he has value to the team that wants to risk it. At this point, I'm not sure he's "okay" to have around all our other younger guys. He's got to be one of the worst examples to provide/put infront of younger guys.

His body type and talents are freakish. All else, is dark and crappy. The concerns to have in college are exactly the concerns to have in the professionals. At this stage, I'm not sure the league may not even allow him to be reinstated pending his looming suspension and history. It's a bad reflection against them too.

What a serious and total disappointment.

B
2nd String
2nd String
B
j/c

He's not just some bone head doing stupid stuff. This guy is clearly an addict. Suspend him and get him in rehab. You don't cut him. Long shot he'll ever play in the NFL again but zero reason to drop our rights to him.

Time for us to move on from ever thinking Gordon will play for us again.. we now have a long term need at the #1 WR spot.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

That's a great idea and all, but what exactly do you think you can get in return?

Does he even have value?

I honestly thought he was ganna be the case that the NFL first broke ground on lightening their rules..

Now, if this is true, I'd 1. Suspend him indefinitely 2. Help him get some help, because he appears to need it..

Sad.

The Browns should suspend him themselves - independent on what the NFL does. If I understand correctly, they have the power to do this.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A

D
Legend
Legend
D
He is Davone Bess, Jr...

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
I'd keep him around considering his talent. I'm always willing to stretch an olive branch for someone with drug issues. Violence issues, not so much.

The guy is a risk taking knucklehead at the moment, but he doesn't seem like a thug or a scumbag in particular. I'd keep him along and see if he can stop the off the field drug use and drunk driving.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

maybe it would send johnny manziel a message. he is next for this crap.

Manziel just likes hanging out and enjoying his celebrity status.. he has done ZERO along the lines of what Gordon has done.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:

The Browns should suspend him themselves - independent on what the NFL does. If I understand correctly, they have the power to do this.

I agree with that. I was one who said before that the Browns should not disassociate themselves from Gordon because without the team, which is his only support structure, god only knows what he would get into... but he has proven that isn't enough. The Browns should announce that they are suspending for the upcoming season so he can work on his "issues" and deal with the NFL etc.... then just state that they will reevaluate at the end of the year..

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
I see no reason to do anything at this point.

If he is suspended, his contract is suspended along with him. In other words, if he had 2 years left going into this year, he'll still have 2 years left when his suspension ends. I think that the team can, and has to, wait and see what happens. If his suspension continues beyond the one year mark, then who knows? They can always cut him whenever his contract resumes ..... but once they cut him, he's gone.

Best case if he is done for a year is that we find a receiver out of the group we have, and succeed without Gordon.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I would petition the nfl to suspend him indefinitely and forfeit all pay until until such time as he can prove he can stay clean long enough to play. He is still very young. He could wake up still once his money is gone. One of the big problems with giving drug addicts large sums of money at that age is they figure they have all the money they will ever need and can stay high forever.

He counts nothing towards our cap and the time on his contract doesn't expire or shorten while he is suspended so it could still work out. We know he has the talent its just a matter of him digging his head out of his arse.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
so dumb....he cant afford a taxi? say buy to all that money josh. sell house and car

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Maybe if the Browns had paid him more he could have afforded a limo and driver.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Does the NFL suspend people for DWI's?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He was going to be suspended for a year BEFORE this incident. Now? A year and a half? Two? Time to move on. Even if he does eventually convince the league to allow him to return, can anyone tell me we can rely on him? Will we ever be able to KNOW he will be with us for a season? Cut him or not, he's no longer the answer at wide receiver. We need to find a #1. Period. So if it makes you feel better to keep him on the roste4r? Fine. But make no mistake, his time as our #1 is over. While he's off pissing around on his suspension, the Browns have to move on and find his permanent replacement.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Quote:

Under the old (current?) substance abuse policy, first offense DUI was generally a two game fine but no suspension. Second offense triggered a suspension. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...st-offense-dui/

I don't think the new substance abuse policy has been implemented because the NFL still isn't testing for HGH, so as far as I can tell he won't be suspended for the DUI.

With that being said, he obviously has had many other substance abuse issues, and I don't know how all of that plays together. Surely the league/Goodell will not look favorably upon this at Gordon's hearing later this month.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Quote:

He was going to be suspended for a year BEFORE this incident. Now? A year and a half? Two? Time to move on. Even if he does eventually convince the league to allow him to return, can anyone tell me we can rely on him? Will we ever be able to KNOW he will be with us for a season? Cut him or not, he's no longer the answer at wide receiver. We need to find a #1. Period. So if it makes you feel better to keep him on the roste4r? Fine. But make no mistake, his time as our #1 is over. While he's off pissing around on his suspension, the Browns have to move on and find his permanent replacement.

if im the browns im looking for a one year replacement. Miles austin is a great guy...but he is also a walking hamstring injury. If im farmer im working the phones right now...seeing if we can get Johnson from the texans without giving up the farm....problem is...they know we are desperate and will probably ask for just that. Personally i would give up a 4th, 6th and 7th at the most for him.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Quote:

Quote:

Under the old (current?) substance abuse policy, first offense DUI was generally a two game fine but no suspension. Second offense triggered a suspension. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...st-offense-dui/

I don't think the new substance abuse policy has been implemented because the NFL still isn't testing for HGH, so as far as I can tell he won't be suspended for the DUI.

With that being said, he obviously has had many other substance abuse issues, and I don't know how all of that plays together. Surely the league/Goodell will not look favorably upon this at Gordon's hearing later this month.

I don't think Goodell and the league can mix and match punishments like that. I don't see him getting into any further trouble with this incident.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I think the Niners got Anquan Boldin for a 6th round pick. I would offer a 5th for A Johnson, maybe a 4th if they pushed it. As far as Gordon goes, I wouldn't cut him, but I would proceed as if he wasn't a part of our future plans. Then anything you get either from him or for him will be a bonus.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Another considerations is how absolutely BRAIN DEAD Gordon is. Do we really want a player that has nothing between his ears? How damned hard is it to hire a car service? If I was a pro ball player I'd NEVER drive myself anywhere.... "Home James" would be my mantra. But no, while facing an INDEFINITE suspension, he decides hiring a service isn't "cool". He'd rather drive drunk so he can get suspended for a longer period. A year off wasn't long enough for him. His appeal was coming up and he wanted to make absolutely SURE the league suspends him for longer than one season.

It's not that he doesn't "get it". It's that he doesn't give a damn. He WANTS to be out of the league. His every waking moment is dedicated to that goal.
The term "Meathead" as in dead from the neck up, suits him perfectly.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Josh Gordon Arrested in North Carolina

Link Copied to Clipboard