Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MrTed
Okay, now I have to fall asleep so I can get up for work in the morning!

Good luck with that. rofl

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: Dawg_Traveler
Okay, now I have to fall asleep so I can get up for work in the morning!

Too wound up...gonna be a long good night!

Good thing the guy I paint with is a Bucks fan too!

Where's SuperBrown? He's a big Tide fan! nanner

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
Legend
Legend
We proved we deserved over TCU.

Hell yea guys!!!!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
God I wanted that win so bad

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OverToad
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
YES!

Buckeyes move on to the Championship Game! laugh

And I move on to The Woodlands, Texas!

Gotta start work there at 8am, but wanted to watch OSU in my own house! So now it's time to load the car with luggage and relocate.

This is the right way to go out! thumbsup

Welcome to the woods - I've lived here about five years now! Great place to be

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Again Ill state, if this was last year the NT game would have been FSU vs Bama. OSU and Oregon proving first year a playoff was needed.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Big 10 is coming back around I think! Much as I hate to say it, U of M will most likely turn it around with Harbaugh too.

Which is cool, it won't be so hard to get ranked high with so many wins against better teams eh?

my two cents...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
All I can say after that game is Wow!

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
YES!

Gonna be great - I am in the middle of Duck country so I will be the lone OSU at the coming party!

Good to prove the SEC is overrated and B1G is a top conference - Proof the committe made good selections (I'll give them a pass on FSU b/c they were undefeated)! nanner

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." [Mark Twain]
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Jay, I can't tell you how many times I've almost PM'ed you about your knowledge of the area, but just figured since you listed "Houston" in your sig you weren't actually in near The 'Woods.

Which village? I'm about to put an offer on a house in Cochrans Crossing.

I'll take this up with you in PM. It'll be nice having another Brownie and OSU honk in the same 'Woods smile

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Why didn't I DVR this game?

my two cents...
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I wonder how Michigan State feels right now

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Don't worry man...it'll be replayed often and quickly. It was something of an instant classic.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
OSU finally beat a SEC team in a meaningful game. Maybe the Browns will win the superbowl, I'll become a millionaire, and GM will fix his flatulence problem?!

All joking aside...wow. I'm no OSU fan but that's phenomenal. A team is going to the national championship with a 3rd string QB.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Don't worry man...it'll be replayed often and quickly. It was something of an instant classic.

Replay at 3:30 in the morning! Only two hours, wonder if they'll trim it down to fit into that time.

Okay, what are our chances against the Ducks?

my two cents...
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Good night guys!

my two cents...
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Replay at 3:30 in the morning! Only two hours, wonder if they'll trim it down to fit into that time.

Very good - we match up very well - I thought we matched best against the Ducks as I get to watch them every week and am surrounded by Duck fans...Our D is better - and they have the edge on O..our coaching experience may be the difference though and the best separator - as well as OSU is used to playing on big stages...

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." [Mark Twain]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I wonder what ducks chances are against OSU

Joe Thomas #73
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O

Not great, but our chances against 'Bama weren't great, either. thumbsup

All it takes is a good break in any game for it to turn in a teams favor.

I told my girl I was rooting for FSU because I thought we could beat them. I'm far less confident that we can beat the Ducks.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M

Not great, but our chances against 'Bama weren't great, either. thumbsup

All it takes is a good break in any game for it to turn in a teams favor.

I told my girl I was rooting for FSU because I thought we could beat them. I'm far less confident that we can beat the Ducks.

We'll worry 'bout that in 11 days. For now…Great Win!

my two cents...
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
YES!

Gotta start work there at 8am, but wanted to watch OSU in my own house! So now it's time to load the car with luggage and relocate.

WELCOME to the Lone Star State.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Originally Posted By: texaslostdawg
YES!

WELCOME to the Lone Star State.

Thanks!

(Been here in Austin for 35 years, but...) thumbsup

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Teams from Alabama, Mississippi & Florida are now 0-8 in bowls this season

That southern speed.

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Originally Posted By: candyman92

That southern speed.

Music to my ears. Have been growing very weary of the SEC-chatter.

Our conference can't stack up top-to-bottom, but we're making some statements in the here-and-now.

Saban just couldn't help himself. He kept noting how his team didn't play well while giving OSU sideways compliments.

I don't like Saban. This felt good. grin

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
I have sooooo many friends of mine that are sorely butthurt by tOSU winning against 'Bama and FSU getting run out of the building. I can't help but smile!

My dad asked me seriously how I thought the Buckeyes would do in the playoff and my response "I think we'll win the whole damn thing, dad."

He looked at me like I just spoke in a different language. I'm not one to make bold predictions, but THIS team has the same feel as the 2002 team. I'm not sure what it is about it, but they just feel like another team of destiny.

I certainly hope I'm right. fingerscrossed
Until then, I will just enjoy the ride..... thumbsup

#gmstrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well...with me being a negative nancy I certainly didn't expect that!

smile

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I think tonight just reconfirmed we have the offense to keep up with Oregon. Bama has been torched at times, but it's still Nick Saban with 5 star athletes and depth everywhere.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: candyman92

That southern speed.

Our conference can't stack up top-to-bottom, but we're making some statements in the here-and-now.

Indiana won the SEC East this year.

Legend
Legend
Urban Meyer Finds Out Oregon Won By (almost) 40

https://vine.co/v/OdBJJZAlgK1

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: BADdog
Quote:

I wonder what ducks chances are against OSU

Ask Mark May.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
What an awesome game. First thing when I woke up this morning was remembering that insane freak catch on that trick play where Spencer threw a great pass and an even better catch and the other play was pick six.

What a great game, career high for Elliot. Cardale played a great game, I think his INT was a miscommunication on the WR's behalf as he didn't even turn around.

GO BUCKS! O-H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V
Legend
Legend
V
Great day of football. It began w/Wisconsin beating Auburn. It got better when Sparty staged an unbelievable comeback against those loud-mouths from Baylor. And it was capped by an incredible performance by Thee Ohio State University against Alabama.

Hopefully, this will cause the talking heads to shut the hell up about how bad the Big 10 conference is. I kinda doubt it, but it was so nice to stick it in their faces.

I'm really proud of the Buckeyes and Urban has proven himself to be a tremendous coach. Amazingly, this team should get even better because they are a team w/a ton of young talent.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Top 10 RB who have rushed for more than 200yds against Alabama since Nick Saban has been Head Coach.

1) Ezekiel Elliott 230 yds
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Great day of football. It began w/Wisconsin beating Auburn. It got better when Sparty staged an unbelievable comeback against those loud-mouths from Baylor. And it was capped by an incredible performance by Thee Ohio State University against Alabama.

I agree 100%!! If only Minnesota played a little better and Nebraska caught a break the Big Ten would have really showed well in the post season

Hopefully, this will cause the talking heads to shut the hell up about how bad the Big 10 conference is. I kinda doubt it, but it was so nice to stick it in their faces.

I doubt that will happen. Saban did everything he could in the post-game presser to say that 'Bama lost, not that OSU won. This is the first time since 2005 that an SEC is not in the National Championship. They use this as the validation of the conference rather than the fact that the SEC controlled the BCS. These bowls and playoffs have shown that they are not the end all, be all of college football.

I'm really proud of the Buckeyes and Urban has proven himself to be a tremendous coach.

Me, too!! After we lost Tressel, I thought we were doomed. Having a coach of his caliber drop in our laps who understands and embraces the traditions of Ohio State football is soooooo much better than hiring a John Cooper who didn't care about the fact that his job was to win one game every year (against that team up North).

#gmstrong.
L
Legend
Legend
L
I think the OSU/AlA game proved one thing about college football..its soo hard to predict how a QB is going to do in the NFL..Alabama had a pretty amazing season with nothing at QB..That guy was horrible. I can't believe OSU has 3 good QBs..OSU never has decent QBs..lol, I think with harbaugh up north now there will be a little more competition for Urban. Urban is a helluva coach though..you can see the way he isn't afraid to scrap his gameplan if it isn't working. His adjustments in game are second to none.. and i'm not even an Ohio State fan

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Me, too!! After we lost Tressel, I thought we were doomed. Having a coach of his caliber drop in our laps who understands and embraces the traditions of Ohio State football is soooooo much better than hiring a John Cooper who didn't care about the fact that his job was to win one game every year (against that team up North).

Ain't that the truth!

I was glad we got Urban when it happened, but I was wary of him because of his SEC background. I didn't want us to be a team w/terrible character. But man, Urban has been so classy since he's been here. Did you watch the Navy game this year? That stuff before and after the game brought tears to my eyes. So darn classy. He has also been tough on his players when he has needed to be, yet is positive w/his players when they need a boost. He says the right things. He respects our tradition. Oh, and he is a tremendous recruiter.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
The only big game Tressel won is where he used Coopers players. poke

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

I'm really proud of the Buckeyes and Urban has proven himself to be a tremendous coach. Amazingly, this team should get even better because they are a team w/a ton of young talent.

Funny I haven't heard from any of my SEC friends today or last night... except one who is adamant that OSU did not belong in the playoffs... still....

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
J/C

It's time to enjoy our vindication.
Ever since the myth started about there being a "conference above all others" I have been saying this is garbage. There never was and never has been a supreme conference in college football. This myth has been perpetuated by espn and other media outlets that have a financial interest in proclaiming the SEC above all other conferences.

All year I had to hear about how great Alabama, Ole Miss, Miss. State, and Auburn were. - Seeing all of these teams ranked within the top 5. Listening to how two of these teams deserved chances in the playoff. Nevermind that last year Alabama got beat by Oklahoma by two scores, and never mind that Auburn got beat by Florida State a couple days later.

This year, after this bowl season, I am so thankful that I never, never, have to hear again about how the SEC is the best conference. The myth has been debunked. So many media types have lost their credibility. I'm waiting for an article on CBSSports.com or Yahoo.com apologizing to the public for the stupidity behind proclamations of the SEC being a superior conference. Considering that Ole Miss got blown out, Miss. St got blown out, Alabama almost lost by two scores, and Auburn lost. - However, I won't hold my breath that such an article will be written.

The notion that the SEC is the best conference is gone. It should have never been started. The media now has ground to claim the BIG 10 as the best conference considering that Ohio State, Michigan State, and Wisconsin all won this weekend. However, we will never hear about the BIG 10's supremacy because no money is to be made by creating such a notion.

Going forward, I will stick to what I have said all along. Each power-conference has one or two teams that could beat any other team on any given Saturday. - This has always been the truth.

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum College Football Discussion

Link Copied to Clipboard