Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
C
Legend
Legend
C
The only one I know of is Saunders interviewing on 1/19. Everyone else is done I think (Trestman, Hostler, DeFilippo, and Angelichio).

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Interesting how these positions are shaping. There was a rumor that Defillipo was the guy Pettine wanted last time and was talked into Shannahan as the FO felt we needed a more experienced coach. I hoped we would land Saunders but I think its a 2 man race now between Cavanaugh and Defillipo.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Did Cavanuagh even interview?

E
Legend
Legend
E
Mourgrym I think Pettine wanted him for the QB coach...and we had Loggains I think even before Shanny???

Pretty sure it wasn't for OC at the time.

Well after Saunders there might be two more interviews from the losing teams staff of the games today.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
I think my preference is hiring Saunders as the OC, while also hiring Defillipo as his "understudy" to take over after few years...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I thought he was the first we were supposed to interview but then we started hearing the bigger names of Weis and Gailey and no one really talked about him since.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: eotab
Mourgrym I think Pettine wanted him for the QB coach...and we had Loggains I think even before Shanny???

Well after Saunders there might be two more interviews from the losing teams staff of the games today.

Albert Breer

Mentioned the interest earlier -- Browns will interview Raiders QBs coach John DeFilippo for their OC spot on Thursday.
3:18 PM - 28 Jan 2014
Albert Breer Twitter

Last edited by Mourgrym; 01/18/15 04:15 PM.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Thanks...well now I don't think...I know he was coming in for the OC interview. wink

So the wait has to be to interview Saunders (did he have other interviews first) to see if he will join DeFillipo in some capacity?

jmh?

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

M
Legend
Legend
M
So who do still have scheduled in interviews?

DeFillipo? was that done yet. Saunders? I think if we don't sign them...or DeFillipo (got a feeling he will be with us in some capacity) we have to be waiting for one of the playoff teams to finish their season. Is that an Obvious???

jmh?

EO,

Don't be a Damanshot* and just sign up to Twitter.

And if you know how to text n' stuff, follow Cleveland beat writers, news outlets, and even national journalists IF you want to live on the edge. Then, set up your twitter account to send you tweets of subsequent posts directly to your phone. I promise you its not too difficult and if your phone plan allows unlimited data, it will spare you the need to ask for updates.

YOU (wishing there was and Uncle Sam emoticon right about now) will be in "the know"....you could be a source for us board posters....a "BOZO" if you will.

smile

* Post is not intended to offend Damanshot

Tackles are tackles.
E
Legend
Legend
E
EO,

Don't be a Damanshot* and just sign up to Twitter.

And if you know how to text n' stuff, follow Cleveland beat writers, news outlets, and even national journalists if you want to live on the edge. Then, set up your twitter account to send you tweets of subsequent posts directly to your phone. I promise you its not too difficult and if your phone plan allows unlimited data, it will spare you the need to ask for updates.

but that is why I come to this board. All the young dawgs. text? I've been texting now for over a year...lol. I found out I was paying for data coverage and I discontinued. I'm just not one of the Tweeters or Linkadinkers. I am told to keep up with my young guys I got to get Insta gram or something like that. Heck that's why I started to text cause nobody under 30 bothers to listen to Voicemail any more!

maybe in the future if I get one of the thin but pretty area covered screen phones I see the youngsters swiping their apps left and right and taking selfies. Maybe I'll do all that...lol laugh

Until then that is why I got relationships with young people... wink Oh and I do appreciate all the info.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym

Albert Breer

Mentioned the interest earlier -- Browns will interview Raiders QBs coach John DeFilippo for their OC spot on Thursday.
Albert Breer Twitter

I hope that we hire Defilippio as our OC. He did a great job with Carr in Oakland, and he is supposed to be a really bright offensive mind.

Oh, and he's from YTown as well. wink

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
Linkadinkers

Please change your name to this. ^

I'm not that young and I use twitter frequently. I'd investigate it if I were you. It's simple, and even if you use it only on your computer, you'll get all the information you need real-time.

It's actually a very useful tool in the ever-changing NFL world.

But I'm not talking Pure Football. I'm soon to be scolded.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well tab, I have sent one text in my life and came to the conclusion i will never send another. lol I dont get it. It makes no sense to me.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I know Sanchez spoke really high of Defillipo and he really did a great job refining Carr. Anytime the guys name is mentioned it is usually with the words one of the great young minds in football. Being around Saunders, who i think is a freaking genius, isnt a bad thing for him either.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
...taking selfies. Maybe I'll do all that...

OMG!!! Nooooo...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
You don't even have to post on twitter.

Just make an account and follow certain people (Schefter is my fav)

And if your data doesn't mind, you can set it to where you get updates when they post..

I also get updates from my ESPN app. Only for the teams I follow..

Hell I got an update that Manziel was in a Snickers commercial..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Just make an account and follow certain people (Schefter is my fav)

That's all I do. I follow Shefter and wait and see how long it takes Mary K to copy and paste his post. grin

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym

Albert Breer

Albert Breer Twitter

That is from last year.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We were discussing if Defillipo interviewed for QB coach or OC last year and thats why I posted it. He also interviewed this past friday for OC once again. We have Saunders scheduled for tommorow.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Got it. Thanks for the update!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My completely uneducated guess is that we hire Saunders and DeFillipo as a package deal.

Either Saunders as OC and as QB coach with the plan for him to take over as OC in 1-2 years or I suspect more likely Defilippo as OC with Saunders as a Senior Offensive Advisor to help DeFilippo and make sure that he has someone to bounce things off of and not get overwhelmed early on.

I think this gets Pettine DeFillipo like he wants but also gives Farmer the experienced long time NFL guy that he wants.

Again, no insider info, just my prediction.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
LOL

Sit and spin dude naughtydevil

I HATE TWITTER.. So, I'll just let you guys deal with it and I'll come here to hear the results....

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
hire Saunders and DeFillipo

Gee, that is exciting.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It is exciting. I am very intrigued with a combination of the Corryelle offense and Shannahan's zone run scheme. I wasnt excited with Shannahan hire, but he did a good job and was here for as long as i expected. 1 year.

I hope we can get both those guys in here and create our own identity.

V
Legend
Legend
V
The Raiders were 32nd in offense. There are only 32 teams in the NFL.

Yeah........very exciting.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

DeFilippo also helped develop a promising young QB in Carr.

Think about this for a minute. (and it shocked me)

The Raiders scored 26 TD on offense, 22 passing and 4 rushing.

The Browns scored 27 TD on offense, 12 passing and 17 rushing. We did kick 6 more FG than the Raiders did.

Freaked me out that we were that close in scoring.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ok vers u win. We shouldn't hire anyone, we should just sit and cry till Shannahan comes back to save us.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
rofl

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I've never claimed to be any good at math but those figures dont add up..... ooo

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

The Browns scored 27 TD on offense, 12 passing and 17 rushing. We did kick 6 more FG than the Raiders did.

You have a typo on our TD count, 29 TDs?

I know we beat the Raiders at home, but I think their roster is better. Plus their strength of schedule going into the season was the hardest and ours was close to the easiest. I'm more shocked that we scored that many TDs with our pathetic roster.

Congratulations to our 2016 NBA Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! Greatest comeback in sports history... Hail to the King!

The great QB guru and the Moneyball group: 1-15
Record of Criminal Haslam owned Browns: 20-60 (0.250)
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: WhatCanBrownDo4U
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

You have a typo on our TD count, 29 TDs?

I know we beat the Raiders at home, but I think their roster is better. Plus their strength of schedule going into the season was the hardest and ours was close to the easiest. I'm more shocked that we scored that many TDs with our pathetic roster.

Sorry, 29. 3 more TD than the Raiders scored. Not much of a difference over 16 games.

C
Legend
Legend
C
In what world do you live in that the Raiders roster is better than ours? They have a bunch of old farts, Khalil Mack, Sio Moore, and Derek Carr. That's it.

C
Legend
Legend
C
We interviewed our TE coach, Angelichio, sometime last week. (I knew we were going to interview Angelichio, I just didn't know when the interview was going to occur.)

Ulrich

C
Legend
Legend
C
Apparently the Jets are not hiring Chan Gailey as their offensive coordinator.

Bullet not dodged.

Link

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Apparently the Jets are not hiring Chan Gailey as their offensive coordinator.

Bullet not dodged.

Link

Unless you're the Jets

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's discouraging that this thread doesn't have an answer yet

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: SaintDawg
It's discouraging that this thread doesn't have an answer yet

I got no qualms if they're being extra methodical about the OC search... the only thing I am discouraged by is if we take too long and someone signs with another team. Was kind of hoping that Gailey would sign with another team lol.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Packers OC Tom Clements on Cleveland Browns radar for OC vacancy

The Green Bay Packers' Tom Clements is someone the Cleveland Browns may be interested in interviewing for their vacant offensive coordinator job. (AP)

Print Mary Kay Cabot, Northeast Ohio Media Group By Mary Kay Cabot, Northeast Ohio Media Group

on January 19, 2015 at 11:27 AM, updated January 19, 2015 at 1:10 PM

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Packers offensive coordinator Tom Clements, who's coming off a crushing 28-22 overtime loss to the Seahawks in Sunday's NFC Championship Game, is on the Browns' radar for their offensive coordinator vacancy.

The Browns are not believed to have asked permission to interview him yet, but might decide to do so this week now that he's out of the playoffs.

The Packers would not have to grant permission, because it would be a lateral move.

Why would Clements even consider leaving the Packers' high-powered offense and a star quarterback like Aaron Rodgers?

Maybe he wouldn't. But Mike McCarthy calls the plays in Green Bay, and Clements might want a chance to get back to doing that.

The last time he called the plays was in 2004-05 as offensive coordinator of the Bills.

The Packers have denied teams permission to interview Clements, but that was back when he was their quarterbacks coach, from 2006-2011.

The Packers also have some good young assistants that they could promote to replace Clements, including quarterbacks coach Alex Van Pelt. According to Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Rams want to interview Van Pelt and Colts special assistant Rob Chudzinski for their offensive coordinator vacancy, and Clements' departure would enable the Packers to keep Van Pelt.

The Browns are interviewing several more candidates for their coordinator post this week, including Raiders senior assistant Al Saunders and Jets assistant head coach/running backs coach Anthony Lynn.

The new coordinator will replace Kyle Shanahan, who asked out of the remaining two years of his contract and has agreed to become the Falcons' offensive coordinator.

He will be the sixth Browns offensive coordinator in as many seasons.

Under Clements, who's been Green Bay's coordinator the past three seasons, the Packers finished first in the NFL with 30.4 points per game this season. They were also sixth with 386.1 yards per game and eights with 266.3 passing yards per game. They were also 11th with 119.8 rushing yards per game.

Pettine will have a large say in who his new coordinator is, and he shares the same agent as Clements, Trace Armstrong.

Another candidate the Browns interviewed, former Bills head coach Chan Gailey, could still be in play for the Browns. ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Monday that the Jets job is not a lock for Gailey, as has been reported.

"Everybody made it seem like a done deal – everybody except me," Gailey told Schefter, adding that he's at a crossroads with the Jets. Gailey, who interviewed with several other teams for their coordinator vacancies this offseason, said he's looking for the right team and the right situation. He interviewed with the Browns last Tuesday in Cleveland.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ss..._social_feature

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Hard to judge Clements cause' Mike McCarthy calls all the plays there in Green Bay. Ray Farmer "leaving no stone unturned" seems like an all true statement!

Legend
Legend
Why would Clements come here when he has perhaps the best QB in the land to work with and we have a bunch of ? marks.. And it would be a lateral move.. Why would he do that?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns OC search..

Link Copied to Clipboard