Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
I thought we can release him and it have a similar effect as trading him. None of his money is guaranteed next year. Am I wrong about this?

I believe that you are wrong about this. He has to be traded to create a trade exception. I cannot recall ever hearing about a "released exception".

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: no_logo_required
I thought we can release him and it have a similar effect as trading him. None of his money is guaranteed next year. Am I wrong about this?

the only thing we can do is trade him to a team that wants to dump a $10mil contract as they can cut him and only owe a tiny amount (forget exactly how much).

but, if we let him expire, then it is of no use to us as we'll be in the luxury tax even without him. that is part of the issue with trading him too because taking on a $10mil contract will cost Gilbert over $20mil after all the penalties.

Okay. Thanks for the clarification.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

I believe that you are wrong about this. He has to be traded to create a trade exception. I cannot recall ever hearing about a "released exception".

Yes, I think I am. smile

Tackles are tackles.
N
Legend
Legend
N
no problem. it's all confusing and they keep changing the rules. that's just one that I happened to read about recently.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
I love Love and think he is a very good player. Andrew Wiggins is 20 years old and is looking like a surefire superstar. You take that over Love every time because of the value of Wiggins cheap contract and the fact that he will likely play more years than Love from this point on.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
I love Love and think he is a very good player. Andrew Wiggins is 20 years old and is looking like a surefire superstar. You take that over Love every time because of the value of Wiggins cheap contract and the fact that he will likely play more years than Love from this point on.

Hey if all it took was a tweet from the King to tell Love to step up and fit in for Kevin to play like he did yday, we need to get the King to tweet that in regards to JF and Justin Gilbert lol!

Love was on fire yday.

C
Legend
Legend
C
LeBron doesn't Tweet about teammates. Don't you know anything?

Legend
Legend
no problem. it's all confusing and they keep changing the rules. that's just one that I happened to read about recently.

The NBA salary cap rules are more complicated than any other professional league, IMHO. I always get a headache trying to figure out what's legal and what isn't.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

C
Legend
Legend
C

The NBA salary cap rules are more complicated than any other professional league, IMHO. I always get a headache trying to figure out what's legal and what isn't.

MLS' salary rules make the NBA look like first grade math. Not that anyone cares about the MLS.

Legend
Legend

MLS' salary rules make the NBA look like first grade math. Not that anyone cares about the MLS.

Glad I don't care about MLS .... wink lol

N
Legend
Legend
N

or 1st grade math smile

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

or 1st grade math smile

I am perfectly fine with 1st grade math .....It's when we get into some truly brain twisting 3rd grade stuff that I run into trouble. rofl

Legend
Legend
Does any one still want Ray Allen?

Meh.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
C
Legend
Legend
C
He is probably better than Mike Miller and James Jones at this point.

Legend
Legend
Didn't think about that I guess...

But I don't expect them to play any minutes passed the 1st round anyways..

I'd rather see if a guy like Jermaine O'Neal, or Okafor are healthy enough..

I think we're fine in the guard category..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
C
Legend
Legend
C
O'Neal to Dallas seems like a done deal. Okafor has said he is sitting out another season.

Stoudemire might be an intriguing guy off the bench if he is bought out.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy

Meh.

I was never interested in him to begin with. Do we really need another Mike Miller on the roster?

S
Legend
Legend
S
I'd take him, but as the way things are constructed, we don't need him. They need to find another big somehow. Just someone who can come in and play for Mozzy.

I really like the way these trades have made our team. We're not perfect, but the rotations seem much smoother. Everyone knows their role. JR Smith provides what Dion Waiters might've been able to in a few more years. He's a chucker, but he is more timely, and he's been hustling back a ton. I love seeing that. It really seems like he's bought in.

Legend
Legend

Meh.

If it means he's playing more of the minutes going to Miller and Marion, then yes.

As Sperg said, we probably need a backup big and a better back PG.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
If it means he's playing more of the minutes going to Miller and Marion, then yes.

As Sperg said, we probably need a backup big and a better back PG.

Ray Allen isn't going to be playing any SF, so probably not. Backup center is probably our biggest issue right now. We need a guy to spell Mozzy. We don't really need guys to backup Irving and Lebron. Come playoff time, those guys aren't coming off the bench anyway.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
We need a backup big. More than a backup PG. Just get a 7 foot body.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: candyman92

You want Alex Kirk back? crazy

C
Legend
Legend
C

You want Alex Kirk back? crazy

Greg Oden is available.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Or...

tongue

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
LBJ coming back makes it easy to forget what a clown show we were last year.

Chris Grant was terrible.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PDR

Yeah.. but.. sabermetrics.. and stuff...

N
Legend
Legend
N

I will forever be grateful that he got that Clipper's pick unprotected.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M

I will forever be grateful that he got that Clipper's pick unprotected.

And that he was able to split up Bynum's contract into two parts. Still, the overall singing of him is now considered highly questionable in itself.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend

I wouldn't say he was completely terrible. He did pretty well in trades, he never signed anyone to a really stupid, back-breaking contract, and he did the right thing in taking Kyrie over D. Williams. His biggest flaw was trusting too much in sabermetrics and drafting horribly outside of Kyrie.

Unlike Ferry, Griff walked into a situation where he had cap room, could maneuver around to bring guys in, and had actual assets to bring in other guys.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:
His biggest flaw was trusting too much in sabermetrics and drafting horribly outside of Kyrie.

Drafting horribly when you have a four-leaf horseshoe up your ass is kind of an issue.

Legend
Legend
Then again, he didn't completely whiff on draft picks either. While yes, we missed out on guys like Drummond, Oladipo and Klay Thompson, we also could of very easily had guys like D.Williams, Jan Vesley, Thomas Robinson and Otto Porter. At least guys like Dion Waters were good "enough" to parlay into Shumpbert, JR Smith and Mozgov.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Quote:
His biggest flaw was trusting too much in sabermetrics and drafting horribly outside of Kyrie.

Drafting horribly when you have a four-leaf horseshoe up your ass is kind of an issue.

Thats the biggest issue I had with grant, we got crazy lucky in the draft lottery and he just couldn't draft for anything. Kyrie the exception but there wasn't even a hint of indecision on who was #1, but man others like thompson at 4 and waiters...ugh. He was great in trades and could move players to get more picks etc, just couldn't do anything with the picks.

Griffin will earn his accolades after this season. If we make it deep in the playoffs it will be easier, if we get bounced early, this offseason will make or break him. He was gifted lebron coming back which made everything alot easier..Moving waiters for JR and shump looks to be a great move, I still don't like the 2 picks for stone hands mosgov, but he is starting to fit in defensively very well. We are built for playoffs right now..Even blatt has shortened his rotation.. I think thats more because our bench is the worst in the NBA. I think Griff is going to still try to add a couple pieces. A big/backup pg and/or allen, but my money is on allen ending up with either atlanta or on a west contender.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I want to beat Miami, badly.

Quote:
@WallaceNBA_ESPN
Follow
Hassan Whiteside on facing LeBron: "I mean, he a good player ... I don't know him ... I'm not guarding him. I'll meet him at the rim."

Quote:
@JoeGoodmanJr
Follow
LEBRON on Whiteside: “Even though he just thinks I’m a good player I’m happy for him.”

I agree with Whitesides, that Lebron guy is kinda good.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
About as balanced scoring as possible right now

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400579088

We're carving them up with passes.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
This is our starting center

H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Nice win tonight.

When they flip the switch, they seem to score at will.

We're trying to throw the ball downfield and he checked the ball down to Trent Richardson and the Indians on the choice.
Legend
Legend
This was beautiful. 32 assists on 44 made baskets. Wow!

The Wizard of Moz was our leading scorer with 20, and he went 9-11 from the floor. He and James are definitely creating somethign special as far as chemistry.

JR Smith ..... remember that selfish guy? ...... well, he had 7 assists tonight. SEVEN! James also had 7, Kyrie had 6 ... and in only 20 minutes, Love had 4.

What a game. If they can continue this type of play, no one is going to be able to touch them. They have so much talent offensively that if the make that extra pass for a wide open shot, they will have someone who can knock it down. 7 guys were in double digits. Man, this was fun to watch.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This is our starting center

and guys like that are the complimentary pieces you need to win titles.

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum NBA / Cavs Discussion II

Link Copied to Clipboard