Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
V
Legend
Legend
V
That's not exactly true, bro. Go back to the Cameron thread and read it. Most people wanted no part of him.

Check it out.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: DjangoBrown
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Quote:
Cameron now makes 500k less than Jimmy Graham and 1mil less than Gronk. Good for him.

Ouch.

The worst part about it: what kind of message does this send through the locker room?

Cameron played terribly last season and gets 7.5mil. He always was and is a "low effort" player.
Otoh, guys like Rubin, Skrine and Sheard, while also struggling, at least gave 100% all the time and overall had better seasons. Yet, those guys get shown the door and sign for much less elsewhere. What kind of message is that? Retaining and overpaying the "relaxed" surfer dude over guys who actually "played like a Brown" for their entire rookie contract.

Just further proof that these guys are absolutely clueless. Total disconnect to the locker room. They don't have a plan or it's really a bad one.

I have to disagree with your assessment that Cameron is a low effort guy. That is simply not true.

Does he have a history of injury yes. But, just look at the play he got hurt last season. He flat laid out for a ball over the middle against the Raiders and got rocked by a safety. Guess what he held on to the ball.

If you want to question signing him for 15 mil because of injury history fine. But he is not a low effort player.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I wanted clay a LOT more ... sigh

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
P
Legend
Legend
P
That's not exactly true, bro. Go back to the Cameron thread and read it. Most people wanted no part of him.

Check it out.

I don't think Ballpeen was talking about this thread alone, and I agree with him some people are never happy unless they have something to complain about, over an over and on and on and on ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
B
Legend
Legend
B

Check it out.

I don't need to....or maybe want to. My point isn't so much about Cameron as it is the constant moaners who really have nothing better to do but complain about everything the team does.

I am sick of it.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Check it out.

I don't need to....or maybe want to. My point isn't so much about Cameron as it is the constant moaners who really have nothing better to do but complain about everything the team does.

I am sick of it.

Your not alone +1

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
V
Legend
Legend
V
I agree w/that.

There are so many people that complain over and over and over and over about anyone who doesn't say that the Brown's FO is really doing a great job.

They make sarcastic comments in purple, as if people are too stupid to recognize sarcasm. LOL.........if you have to tell people you are being sarcastic, the effect of brilliant sarcasm is actually lost. The beauty of sarcasm is to say it w/a straight face.......or in the case of message boards......do not use purple font.

Back to your point..........someone questions whether or not it is a good move to sign a guy like McCown.......and 20 people COMPLAIN about how someone dare question Farmer. Meanwhile, they are the same guys who had "The Three Stooges" in their sig or referenced that term over and over and over and over and over again just a year ago.

Ironic, isn't it.......Pastor?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So, this is false?

Quote:

Cameron now makes 500k less than Jimmy Graham and 1mil less than Gronk.

Not being snarky. Just asking. I appreciate the knowledge.

Didn't think you were. Depends how you look at it, annual average or 2015 salary, but either way it's not top tier money, average he's 5th, 2015 money he's 8th.

It's not a ridiculous contract. The question still remains, how many games will he play in those two years?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Okay..........thanks again for taking the time to look things up and trying to explain. I appreciate it.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
I would've much rather overpaid to retain Sheard and Skrine than Cameron.

I see no other plan on the horizon than to tank this season in the hopes of landing a QB.

I'm not trying to say the sky is falling, nor am I complaining about a lack of signings...this is just par for the course, and it's not the worst idea in the world. I've been through enough rebuilds to become numb to it.

I would've been content with re-signing Skrine and Sheard and maybe bringing in a few role players. That would've at least indicated an attempt to move forward. But don't be fooled - we're planning to lose next year.

Cutting bait on Manziel and looking to the future is our best course of action right now.

Cameron would've been best served to go to a contender.

Non-blocking receiving threat at TE is a luxury for high octane offenses. Square peg, round hole with us.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: DjangoBrown
Way too much for a one dimensional TE, who's had multiple concussions and is coming off a bad season. This was probably a standing offer from the Browns and his agent probably quickly told him that no other team would go over 5mil per.

Cameron now makes 500k less than Jimmy Graham and 1mil less than Gronk. Good for him.

Wow putting that way it's not too great, but when you are the Browns you will have to pay more bottom line. I just wish we could see what he could do with a real QB, but we'll never find that out.

Congratulations to our 2016 NBA Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! Greatest comeback in sports history... Hail to the King!

The great QB guru and the Moneyball group: 1-15
Record of Criminal Haslam owned Browns: 20-60 (0.250)
Legend
Legend
Why are we signing and resigning bums, yet letting go productive players?

Cameron's one good year involved Gordon getting doubled and tripled covered.

Sorry, but consistently, Cameron has been trash. on top of he can't even stay on the damn field. and he can't block.

Swear to god we keep digressing.

We lost Sheard and Buster, who by the way we should've resign BOTH, because Mingo is trash and Gilbert and Desir showed jack crap.

We signed a #2 WR when we already had plenty of those on the squad already. Great, Hartline has good hands and runs good routes. So does Austin, Hawk, and Gabriel.

I can see and understand building through the draft. But we are CONSTANTLY creating holes to this point: Has anybody else came to realize that we always end up needing the SAME positions every. single. year?

Now, once again, we need another CB.

now, once again, we need another OLB.

now, once again, we need another QB.

And now, once again, we need another TE. We could've went after some good TE's in FA, made that our one big FA signing, and called it a day and went into the draft.

I swear my receding hair line is strictly because of the Browns.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
B
Legend
Legend
B
Vers isn't the reason I complain. I agree with him way more then I don't. I am hurt he felt I was directing my comments at him in a straight line way.

I liked Banner. I liked Mangini. When the SHTF between Savage and John Collins, I took up for Collins. He was right.....and the results show that he was right.

Vers....you really think I would be like Mac and simply make some snide remark to you because I disagreed with your opinion?

Please, jump off that horse with me. I think you know me well enough I am not going to take that approach. I like to think I am good enough to express my opinion and take on the issues point by point. Heck, I don't even see where we disagree other than maybe on Manziel and possibly Farmer.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
It's not a ridiculous contract. The question still remains, how many games will he play in those two years?

It is.

He's tied for 4th in annual salary with all but 1600yds, 10 TDs through 4 seasons. That's not the kind of track record to warrant such a deal...and that's not even considering his numerous concussions. A player that is one concussion away from his career end, normally has not much leverage in contract talks. And then he's coming of a bad season....he had zero leverage for such a high deal, thus it IS ridiculous

Money aside. The message this sends is simply horrible. That's the bigger issue I have with this re-signing. Cameron didn't improve his blocking and was indeed a low effort guy doing it. He's always been more of a finesse, receiving TE. A good one when everything went right, but still limited due to lack of physicality.

Oh well, hopefully he stays healthy and has a monster season. He gets paid like a top TE, so he better produce much more than last season

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Cameron had a decent 6 game span in 2013. since then he's done very little even when healthy.
horrible run blocker who gets stood up and pushed back.
Not a kind of guy thats gonna drag a defender either.
He's one more concussion away from retiring.
The Browns over paid for him.
But I see why he signed.
The Browns are desperate for targets and the demand for Cameron was low.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
overpaid?

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Vers....you really think I would be like Mac and simply make some snide remark to you because I disagreed with your opinion?

Nah peen, I don't think that.

We're good. I just want you to remember back to the day that no matter what you said was ridiculed by the masses. It got old, didn't it? I was there w/you.

Look man, I ain't bad-mouthing the moves because I hate the FO. I just am offering my honest opinion and I HATE when people act like I don't have the right to voice it.

Then, I got some so-called holy man saying I am filled w/the devil because I didn't agree w/him.

1st String
1st String
Agreed

Legend
Legend
I'm a little bummed we didn't keep Skrine. I'm glad Cameron is back. I'm indifferent about Sheard. I'm glad we don't have to use a top 50 pick on a tight end. We have flexibility to get Malcom Brown at 12 and Xavier Cooper or Carl Davis at 43 and really beef up our line if we want. Opens up the possibilities anyways.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
It's not my money, I couldn't care less what they pay him. The Browns have to spend it somehow...

I'd rather have him on the team, who seems to be well liked in the locker room and DOES give effort on his routes/catches (ok, his blocking blows), rather than just about any other available TE on the market.

When healthy, he's a top 5 TE. Why not try to keep him on the team?

He's worth more at that price than Buster "$1 million per pass interference penalty" Skrine.

------------------------------
*In Baker we trust*
-------------------------------
Legend
Legend
Now I'm reading he signed with the dolphins

wtf

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: candyman92

wtf

Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ 54s54 seconds ago
#Browns never confirmed agreement had been struck with Jordan Cameron and now @CharlesRobinson reports Cameron is signing with #Dolphins.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Legend
Legend
Unbelievable.

J
Rookie
Rookie
J
Cameron signed with the Dolphins not browns

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: pblack18707
Originally Posted By: candyman92

wtf

Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ 54s54 seconds ago
#Browns never confirmed agreement had been struck with Jordan Cameron and now @CharlesRobinson reports Cameron is signing with #Dolphins.

Is this Stooges worthy or what?

This Fo is like the pants down joke. I mean really, that's pathetic, sorry. Can the NFL just step in? Please?

#gmstrong

V
Legend
Legend
V
On the bright side, the guys that just said this was a good move to keep him----after saying it was a bad move to keep him.........will now say that it was a good move by the Browns to let him walk. wink

B
Legend
Legend
B
Of course I remember, but I can't say I didn't like it. Not saying I did, simply saying that I really didn't care all that much.

I didn't like having to go back and restate my issues because some Yahoo joined mid conversation and started things from the beginning that Diam and I had going on for hours or days and then had 6 arguments going on at once. That got old, but no, I don't forget. My recall for conversations and positions is still pretty strong.

That's why I said it would take a heck of a lot more than this to chap my ass to the point I didn't consider you a friend.

I have been away for a while. Earlier today I was looking through my account and found 36 pages of private conversations. I guess they pulled up when the site made some changes. So I started deleting them. They went back to 06. Several times I would pull one up and every time could recall almost to the word the reply. Shoot, I had a 4-5 question/reply with Danglet in 06 in one, and it seemed like a converstaion we had 5-6 hours ago.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
U
All Pro
All Pro
U
j/c

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Reports of Jordan Cameron's agreement with the Browns were news to the Browns, who hadn't heard back on their offer.

Link

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
On the bright side, the guys that just said this was a good move to keep him----after saying it was a bad move to keep him.........will now say that it was a good move by the Browns to let him walk. wink

rofl rofl rofl

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If he signs with Miami then I doubt they match an offer on Clay

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 3m3 minutes ago
In a post that's been up since 6:15, I wrote:"A source told Northeast Ohio Media Group that an agreement hasn't yet been reached'' w/Cameron

rofl rofl

Last edited by pblack18707; 03/12/15 08:02 PM.

Legend
Legend
Good. Cameron is trash.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Good grief.....these guys are truly a walking joke at this point. They freaking leaked it to their beat writers for goodness sakes. How can you do that unless you KNOW it's a done deal. Would love to know the collective IQ of Haslem, and the FO....betting doesn't break 180 collectively.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Silly season continues.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
U
All Pro
All Pro
U
According to ProFootballTalk, the Dolphins signing Cameron means they'll likely remove the tag from Clay.

LINK

And the Browns will still have to outbid Buffalo for Clay.

M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: pblack18707
Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 3m3 minutes ago
In a post that's been up since 6:15, I wrote:"A source told Northeast Ohio Media Group that an agreement hasn't yet been reached'' w/Cameron

rofl rofl

Maybe it is an article but from MKC tweets, she never says that. Anyways, if this happens this way, it looks rather embarrassing.

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
It is good comedy, though.

And it's even more entertaining watching the guys who play Regime Wars flip-flop like a carp out of water.

O
Legend
Legend
O
The tweet said the Browns didn't confirm they signed Jordan. How's that bad on the FO?

You bag on the FO for signing the guy (per a bogus report), and now you're bashing them because they actually didn't sign the guy? Isn't this where someone yells 'AGENDA!"

Vers, this is why people sometimes bash a reporter when stuff comes out about our team. You're taking a lot of heat right now, so I want to be clear I'm talking about one specific thing you tend to say. Some of these reporters are trash, and think that if they put "per a source" anywhere in their article that makes it legitimate reporting. This is why people question the reporters before believing their (usually damming) "report".

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Hehe, and say that'S what they said all along. It always works

#gmstrong

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: urbrowns
j/c

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Reports of Jordan Cameron's agreement with the Browns were news to the Browns, who hadn't heard back on their offer.

Link

If true, how would this be an embarrassment for the Browns? They make an offer, someone else reports he's signed it, and then he goes to the Dolphins. Big whoop.

And good, I didn't want him back anyway.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Jordan Cameron Signs with Dolphins

Link Copied to Clipboard