Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Legend
Legend
The only thing I really don't like, and never have, is drop shadows on jersey numbers..

The numbers aren't supposed to look 3D

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
I'm ganna assume there's a Nike Warehouse Distributor, and a few Champs Sports workers that are looking for a new job..

I highly doubt on the Nike side, I'd bet that there was a very specific distribution protocol and that it was followed. Had they not already been distributed, people would complain they were not available tonight/tomorrow.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: clwb419
I'm ganna assume there's a Nike Warehouse Distributor, and a few Champs Sports workers that are looking for a new job..

I highly doubt on the Nike side, I'd bet that there was a very specific distribution protocol and that it was followed. Had they not already been distributed, people would complain they were not available tonight/tomorrow.

Which is better IMO than all these leaks coming out the day before or of your big unveiling..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
T
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
T
Originally Posted By: TLBorlando
I really like the dark brown jerseys! However, isn't it a NFL violation to have the city name on the jersey? You think an exception was made for the new Browns unis?

I don't see anything that says that:

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/pub...eneralRules.pdf

Thanks! Hmmmm interesting. I thought I read it somewhere in the past. It's odd that no other team displays the city/state on the front of their unis. Maybe cleveland is on the new jerseys because.....crap, I don't know.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C

Which is better IMO than all these leaks coming out the day before or of your big unveiling..

I didn't say that, and that isn't within Nike's control unless these pics came from a Nike employee. Nike's responsibility was likely design, production and distribution per league and Browns' specifications.

C
Legend
Legend
C
It makes sense that there have been leaks. The stores need to get their merchandise in the store as quickly as possible. It doesn't make sense to stock the shelves right after the uniform is unveiled. Also, even if they did wait they have the jerseys sitting in the back waiting to be unveiled.

Legend
Legend
I really hope All Orange isn't something we do a lot..

D
Legend
Legend
D

Only when gameday falls on Haslam's birthday, in honor of his Tennessee roots.

Edit: Oh darn, Haslam's birthday is March 9.

Last edited by Dave; 04/14/15 03:47 PM.
Dave #946593 04/14/15 03:48 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dave

Only when gameday falls on Haslam's birthday, in honor of his Tennessee roots.

His birthday is March 9th, so it looks like we dodged a bullet on that one (unless the NFL adopts a 22 game schedule).

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
According to PFT there's rumors of a fourth color..

For all those that hate Grey, there's still a chance you can be upset..

Legend
Legend
Interesting that "less than 30 people have seen the new uniforms".

Browns equipment manager gives insight on new jersey design
http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/arti...9e-68d57c3c995d

Uniform change has been years in the making

Less than 30 people have seen the Cleveland Browns’ new uniforms.

Equipment manager Brad Melland is one of them.

After all, he should. Nobody in the organization will be handling the sleek jerseys and the colorful football pant combinations as much as Melland and his tireless equipment staff.

While the Dawg Pound and the players will be frenzied about the fresh look, Melland initially marveled at the overall design change Nike established for the Browns.

“The cut of the jersey itself is better fitting, especially around the upper torso and shoulder areas,” said Melland, who is now in his 10th season with the Browns. “The jersey has evolved from being regular to being a body-hugging jersey that still allows for movement. Nike has just done a phenomenal job.”

Melland’s first glimpse of the uniforms came last summer on the team practice field in Berea. When new jerseys are created, the NFL and Nike work together in what’s called a TV testing to ensure all of the colors look in sync with high-definition cameras. From the testing, a slight tweak was made in the coloring of one of the three jerseys, Melland said.

An influx of work appeared on Melland’s plate when the Browns updated their logo and color scheme back in February. T-shirts, shorts, gloves, socks – any piece of Browns apparel marked with the old logo has been boxed up and saved for a later date.

“It’s really been out with the old and in with the new,” said Melland, who has worked in football equipment with the Seattle Seahawks, the CFL, Arena Football and the World Football League.

In the recent weeks, Melland and his staff got their hands on the uniforms. They wanted to wash the jerseys to see how they would react. They wanted to play with the twill – the actual number and lettering part – to see how it would change their workflow when a new player arrived.

Per NFL rules, each NFL team must designate a home jersey color by July 1 and must wear that jersey for six of the eight regular season home games. Last season, Cleveland declared Brown as its home jersey choice, but white has been chosen in years past, too.

An alternate can only be worn two times throughout the season. But here’s the catch: An unlimited number of pant combinations can be used.

After two years of precise planning and laborious execution, the world will finally get to see the Cleveland Browns’ new uniforms.

“I like them a lot,” Melland said. “Kevin Griffin, Alec Scheiner and Mr. and Mrs. Haslam put a ton of work into this. It’s time to show them to the public.”

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I like some of these ..... but I will have to laugh if the team has their unveiling, and they are completely different from anything shown so far. lol

LOL, I was sitting here going through those that were posted and thought, what did I miss, I thought they were releasing them live tonight at 7:30 on Channel 5.

I read on my Browns App for the I-phone that only 30 people have seen them.

I don't know if any of these are real....

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
..."From the testing, a slight tweak was made in the coloring of one of the three jerseys, Melland said.

No fourth jersey. I don't think we'll see gray anywhere.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
C
Legend
Legend
C
We've all seen the jerseys, none of us have seen the uniforms.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
They mentioned on 92.3 that the Browns on the side of the pants might be real though. That was by far my favorite part of that link.

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
Legend
Legend
The live feed is all choppy and slow. I can't sit here for the next 45 mins watching this. And it's not helping they are doing everything but show the jerseys.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
T
Legend
Legend
T
Interesting to see that a home color choice has to be made by July 1. I'd vote for the Orange Jersey, if there is one, just because I kind of like the orange jersey.

... How can a uniform ever pertain to the game of football other than the fact that all the players are going to wear it, unless it's the day of the unveiling of a uniform change, or a new teams uniform unveiled.

How can " discuss the Cleveland Browns" ever be more than the team name, the uniforms, the city and stadium they play in, or the type of game they play.

This unveiling is a big deal.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
C
Legend
Legend
C
So, the app isn't working for the live broadcast.

Legend
Legend
I put it on TV, and they said they'd show them in 15 mins..

Thanks for the warning.. *changes channel*

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I keep getting a message saying that the feed is unavailable both on the official site and the app.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: ~Con~Artist~
I keep getting a message saying that the feed is unavailable both on the official site and the app.

The official site is working, but it is complete crap.

Legend
Legend
I'm getting 6 good seconds and then a paused screen for about 10 seconds.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
It's like watching a Power Point presentation ... or, it's playing like a Brown. whistle

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
I'm getting 6 good seconds and then a paused screen for about 10 seconds.

Something had to go wrong, right?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hmmm... saw a shot of an all orange set. Liked it!

Last edited by 1oldMutt; 04/14/15 07:42 PM.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
Hmmm... saw a shot of an all orange set. Liked it!

Did it look like all the pre-released stuff?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

The official site is working, but it is complete crap.

Apparently it's just not working on an iPad then.

Legend
Legend
Getting a bit on the PC feed ... and it looks just like all the pre-released stuff.

Legend
Legend

Last edited by ExclDawg; 04/14/15 07:48 PM.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Not a fan. Especially the brown jersey.

They're not bad, I just prefer the old ones.

Legend
Legend
I like them a lot.

And the "BROWNS" on the pants is awesome.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
That whole "take coats off all at once" thing was poorly planned..

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I was hoping the leaked images were fake, but apparently they were spot on.

Not too pleased in the new look. Whatever, just give me some wins.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Helmet looks like a normal glossy helmet based of the pics they posted on the app.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
All three solids are legit.
Like the orange tops w brown pants too.

Legend
Legend
Helmet looks like a normal glossy helmet based of the pics they posted on the app.

Yeah. I'm disappointed in that..

Legend
Legend
I'm not sure which combo is my favorite.

Brown on Brown
Brown on Orange
Orange on Brown
White on White

Actually, I'm not a big fan of any of the combinations with a single White (top or bottom - though I think the White jersey looks okay with Brown pants).

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Like this a lot. A little disappointed in the helm. Thought it would be something more metallic, but overall nice job.

Legend
Legend

Last edited by Punchsmack; 04/14/15 07:57 PM.

[Linked Image]

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum New Uniforms Pt. 2

Link Copied to Clipboard